InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I will always return to you ❯ fire ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I entered the Garden but it was empty of all. I ran to the willows and entered.

Leigh sat by a pool. I had never seen it here before but things always change here. Things grow and die like a true garden would.

To her left sat Bree and to her right was Kikyo. She smiled up at me as I took my place across from Leigh.

'I am glad things have worked out for you Kagome.'

"Thank you Kikyo."

'Thank you for wishing me home. I was out of my time in the waking world'

"I'm glad to see you are once again a nice person. I did not care to see you so evil."

'Enough speaking Kikyo, Kagome. We are here for a reason.'

"What reason?"

'You shall be shown your destiny. Look'

the pool begun to mist but leigh blew it all away.

A woman stood on the bow of a great ship. She was not from this place. Her hair was golden and curled. She wore armor from what my have been Rome. A broad sword strapped to her back and a buckler around her wrist. Chain mail hanging from her body and a black ebony cape swirling in the mist.

"Who is she"

'look closer.'

I focused in and noticed her eyes. I've seen those eyes before.

"Naraku's eyes!"

Mist clouded my vision and again cleared. She was seated on a throne. A crown around her brow was set with the symbol Naraku bore on his back.

'Naraku's mother was a sorcerous. It was not known here in Japan but she forsaw what Naraku was to become and fleed to Rome. Her magic kept her alive and young for many years. In Rome she was known as a great beauty. Soon she was taken as a lover to the King or dictator there. In her old age she bore a child and soon died. Now the child is grown and is on a conquest of her mother's homeland. She means to rule.'

"this is a place full of youkai rulers and great mikos. How could she be a threat to anyone?"

'She has a great army and she herself is a great sorcerous, magics we have never seen before. Magic we may not be able to oppose'

"When will she get here?"

"She has set out this very dawn. I t will take her a year to come. she is still gathering troops.'

"What is her name?"

The woman in the pool seemed to stare directly at me and then she yelled.

"My name is Narcissa!"

Flames flew from the pool.

"The water is Burning!"

I sat up in bed

"The water IS BURNING!"

"Kagome. Calm yourself. you are safe."

"Sesshoumaru, the woman, Narcissa, she's coming. She set the scrying pool ablaze. I don't even know what's happening in the garden.!"

He sighed and opened the windows. "The garden is empty. . . Wait. . . What are those two up to. RIN YOU GET BACK TO YOUR ROOM! KIT YOU SHOULD BE GLAD I'M BUSY!"

"Not that garden. The Garden of the Dream. It's where I go when I sleep. It's where the four souls reside."

He looked at me puzzled but let me continue.

"That's how I entered your dream and how I saw you that day in the dojo. Bree, Leigh, and Kikyo. . . "

"The walking clay pot?"

"yes, she's one of the four souls as well, they we're showing me the mission. A woman from Rome. She is coming."

"I have been there once. There are no demons there. This woman will be simple to distroy."

"no. . . She. . . When we were scrying for her. I looked into the pool. she looked back at me. She could see me. She set the pool on fire and everything was burning."

"Then you woke."

"I'm afraid. What happened to the garden and Kikyo, Bree and Leigh?"

"Perhaps you should sleep?"

"No it's too soon. It'll still be dangerous."

"then perhaps a bath to calm you."

Sesshoumaru caught a light scent so faint he could hardly catch it. The smoke in her hair confirmed everything. He held his tounge so not to alarm her.