InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Will He Ever Learn? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to IB4Y on June 30, 2011 for P-Prompt #8. Won 2nd place.

Title: Will He Ever Learn?
Author: ananova
Rating: T (just to be safe)
Genre: General
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 300
Summary: Miroku and Sango witness a familiar scene in front of the well.
----------------

“Osuwari!”

“ Gah!”

Miroku shook his head as he watched, hidden in the bushes, the familiar scene taking place. Kagome wanted to return to her world and Inuyasha was against it. He watched the young miko stomp towards the nearby well as the hanyou cursed and tried to pry himself up from the ground.

Beside him, Sango sighed. “He'll never learn, will he Houshi-sama? No matter how many times they face this situation, it always ends the same.”

Miroku could only agree. “He experiences this every time but doesn't learn.” The monk sighed. “Experience teaches only the teachable, and I fear that where Kagome-sama is concerned our hanyou friend is unteachable.” Movement caught his eye and they turned back to the scene by the well, not as finished as they had thought.

Inuyasha had managed to pull himself up and reached the well before Kagome could leap in. He held her hand and Miroku was taken aback by the open and raw emotion showing on his face.

“Kagome.” Miroku strained his ears to hear. “Please.” He was stunned by the raw longing and need present in that one word.

Kagome's face softened and she placed a gentle hand on the one holding her own. “Three days, I promise. I have to go.” She paused, her gaze softening further at the pain on his face. “You could... come with me?” she offered.

Inuyasha stared carefully into her face before nodding once. Taking hold of her, he leaped into the well.

Miroku stared. “I guess Inuyasha can learn after all.”

Sango nodded, still in shock at what they had witnessed. Until she felt a familiar sensation on her rear.

Slap! She glared at him and turned to stalk away. “Unlike some people!”
Converting /tmp/phpjnJ8vg to /dev/stdout