InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ A Silent Promise ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on July 4, 2011 for Prompt #254 Never Again.

Title: A Silent Promise
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Prompt: Never Again (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: General/Romance
Word Count: 205
Summary: Every three days Inuyasha tried the well and each time he made a silent promise.
Warnings: Spoilers for last chapter of the manga. Dialogue is taken straight from the manga.
-------------------

Every three days he tried the well. And every time he jumped in Inuyasha made a silent promise, a plea. Bring me back to her and I'll never again take her for granted. Never again will I cause her pain. He would give anything to have her back at his side. Even give up his time to live in her loud, smelly time.

But each time the well refused him passage and he was left to return dejectedly to the village.

Then one day a familiar scent reached him on the breeze and Inuyasha raced to the well, ignoring his concerned friends. He couldn't breathe, as hope caused his heart to beat rapidly. Please. He reached one hand down into the well and it was grasped by a smaller one. He lifted and there she was. They stared at one another.

Then she smiled at him. “Inuyasha! I'm so sorry...Have you been waiting for me...?”

“Kagome...” He pulled her into a strong embrace. “You fool...What took you so long?” He breathed in her scent and made another silent vow. Never again would he let her go, never again would they be separated. She was finally back where she belonged, at his side.
Converting /tmp/php7HCvIB to /dev/stdout