InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Told You So ( Chapter 46 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to At First Tweak on August 24, 2012 for Prompt #76 Spicy. It won 1st place.


Title: Told You So
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Humor/Friendship
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 218
Summary: Kagome learns not to ignore Inuyasha.

----------------------

“Don't eat that.”

Kagome turned and gave Inuyasha a look. “Stop being rude Inuyasha,” she hissed at him before smiling at the man in front of her and accepting the dish of food. “Thank you, it looks delicious.”

Inuyasha snorted and turned away. “Don't say I didn't warn you.” If she wanted to ignore his advice, he'd let her learn the hard way.

Kagome ignored him and took a bite of the food. She instantly regretted it as  her taste-buds began to protest. Tears flooded her eyes and her face turned red. Her mouth felt like it was on fire. She saw the man looking at her expectantly. “It's...good,” she managed to croak out.

The villager smiled and turned away, and Kagome spat out the remains, waving her hands in front of her face.

“Told ya so.”

She turned a glare on him, only to see a bottle of water being held out to her. She snatched it from him and began to drink, a sigh of relief escaping her as the cool water soothed her burning mouth.

“Keh! Maybe now you'll listen when I tell you things are too spicy.” But Kagome was too busy trying to sooth her mouth to listen, and Inuyasha snorted again as he folded his arms over his chest.