InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Irresistible Temptations ❯ What is this feeling? ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and Co. I do own this story though! Yay me!



Chapter 18: What is this feeling?



The next day, Inuyasha really seemed to be on tender hooks. And well, that's because he was. Every time the phone would ring he'd rush to it, trying to make sure that Sesshoumaru couldn't get a hold of Kagome. Miroku found the whole ordeal very amusing, which was making Inuyashas mood worse. Kagome was just rather confused..... Not many people would be calling Inuyasha at her house, so she couldn't understand why he would be so eager to get the phone.

By 9am, Inuyasha was finally talked into taking a shower by Sango. She of course had no idea what was going on, and just like Kagome found it extremely odd when he took one of the house phones to the bathroom with him.

By 10am, everyone was sitting in the living room talking, when the phone rang again. Inuyasha jumped up like he had been shocked and ran to the phone before anyone could move.

"Hello?" Inuyasha said avoiding the look Kagome was giving him.

"Hi! Is Mrs. Higurashi available?"

"She's not here right now."

"Oh well this is the "Live long and healthy corporation, and we were wondering if she would be interested in buying....."

"Go to hell," Inuyasha said quickly cutting him off. Before the man could reply, he promptly hung up the phone.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled jumping up to, "Just what do you think you're doing?"

"What? It was just a telemarketer."

"Oh.....well why do you keep rushing to answer the phone? Are you expecting a call?"

"......Not exactly...." Inuyasha said looking down at his feet.

"Not exactly? If you're not waiting for a call, then you don't have any reason to answer the phone."

"I am waiting for a call."

"But you just said...... oi.... I'm going to my room, you're giving me a headache."

Inuyasha sighed and sat down in a big arm chair by the couch. Miroku shock his head and tried very hard to hold in a smile.

"I guess that technically, what you just told her wasn't a lie."

"Exactly. I am waiting for a call. I'm waiting for Sesshoumaru to call so I can tell him to fuck off."

Miroku rolled his eyes and leaned over closer so he was sure that only Inuyasha could hear him.

"Look, I know that you're trying to "protect" Kagome from Sesshoumaru, but you are kinda weirding her out. Chill out a little, and don't have a cow every time the phone rings."

".....I guess you're right.........."

Miroku smiled and went back to leaning against the back of the couch, "That's my boy."

They both sat there for what must have been at least 15 minutes just thinking. Miroku was trying to decided what would be the best way to get Sango to like him, and Inuyasha was in deep thought about the whole Sesshoumaru Kagome situation. Miroku came to the conclusion that the best way to get Sango to realize she liked him, would be to make her jealous by dating another girl. ~It would have worked for Inuyasha if he was actually going to go through with it, so I'm sure that it would work with Sango......I just know that she has feelings for me, she just needs a little push in the right direction.~

Inuyashas thoughts were somewhere along the same road, as in completely wrong and clueless. -I know that I don't like Kagome......I mean how could I? She annoys me half of the time, and the other half I guess I can stand her, but that's about it.....Miroku is wrong....I can't like her....I just care about her as a friend and almost like a sister. The feelings I'm having right now are completely brotherly. I mean, being protective is a brotherly feeling for sure....See? It all makes sense...I knew I couldn't like her.....-

Miroku and Inuyashas thoughts were interrupted when Sango literally came bounding into the room.

"You will never guess who Kagome is talking to right now!" Sango said.

Fear immediately went through Inuyasha and he jumped to his feet. "Not Sesshoumaru..." he said in almost a whisper.

"Yeah! And he just asked her out for tomorrow night and she said yes! Isn't that so cute?! It didn't work between him and me, but that's her gain!"

"But.....it.....how....I ...." Inuyasha stammered.

"What he's trying to say," Miroku said calmly, "is we didn't hear the phone ring. How did Sesshoumaru get a hold of her?"

"Oh he called her cell phone. Didn't you hear him ask her for her number last night Inuyasha?......Oh right..... he asked when you went to the bathroom...."

"So she's actually going out with him?!" Inuyasha said, clearly he had gotten over the shock of everything.

"Well yeah!" Sango said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Of course she said yes! What girl wouldn't say yes to a sweet and utterly gorgeous guy asking her out?"

"I don't know, but she shouldn't go with him!" Inuyasha yelled beginning to pace back and forth.

"Wait....." said Sango finally catching on, "Are you.....jealous?"

"Jealous? No, I was looking for a completely different emotion, not jealous."

"Right...." Sango said going back to Kagomes room.

-........I think.....-

~~~~~********~~~~~~

"Can you believe this Sango?" I asked her for the hundredth time as I finished my hair in front of my full length mirror.

"No! It's so not fair that you got the guy..... but I don't mind too badly....He did look a little too much like Inuyasha for my taste." Sango said. She was laying on my bed reading a fashion magazine while I finished getting ready.

In about 20 minutes, Sesshoumaru would be picking me up and taking me out. The only thing was, I had no idea what to expect. He told me to wear whatever I wanted, so I was currently praying that he wasn't planning on taking me anywhere that was fancy. I had decided to wear a baby blue tub top under a white, long sleeve fish net top, with a dark blue skirt that went a couple of inches above my knees, and a pair of white flip flops that had sparkles on them. I figured that it wasn't completely casual, but still if we we're going some place fancy I would stand out for sure.

After attempting about 10 different ways to do my hair, I settled on just putting it up in a messy bun, and adding a pair of silver loop ear rings to complete the look.

"You know, Inuyasha was not too happy about you going on this date with Sesshoumaru," Sango said still looking at her magazine. She was acting like she had just told me it was a nice day outside or something.....

"What do you mean?" I asked sitting next to her on my bed.

"Well, when I told him that Sesshoumaru asked you out, he kind of freaked out. I think now we know why he kept rushing to get the phone. He must have known that Sesshoumaru was going to ask you out...."

"How could he have known that though?"

Sango shrugged and was about to reply when the door bell rang. I quickly jumped up and looked at myself in the mirror at all angles to make sure that everything looked just right. Satisfied, I headed for the door. When I opened it, I was shocked to see Sesshoumaru holding a dozen white roses. He smiled and handed them to me.

"Oh my gosh, Sesshoumaru they're beautiful!" I said looking into his golden eyes.

"Not nearly as beautiful as you," he said using that highly cliché saying. I made myself smile sincerely. I would have been cute if I hadn't heard it a hundred times. Still, he was really sweet. I quickly put the flowers on my kitchen counter and left the house. When I saw what "car" he was driving I was very glad that I had decided to put my hair up. He handed my a while helmet and got onto the black Harley the was parked in my drive way.....Well, at least my hair couldn't get too much more messy.....

And we we're off too.....Well quite frankly I have no idea where we were off too....He still hadn't told me where we were going, and it's not like I could guess even if I tried. I must say though, I was enjoying the ride. It was nice resting my head on his back and having my arms around his waist. I still couldn't believe that I was going on a date with this guy....From what I learned last night, he was very well off with a great paying job, he seemed very nice, he was gorgeous, and he was three years older then me! I'm only 17, and he's 20 and in college!....it is just all so unreal.

Apparently I was thinking about things for longer then I thought, because we suddenly stopped. I looked around and we we're at a seafood restaurant that was on the bay. It was a beautiful place, but not too fancy which was great. The inside was even better then I thought it would be. It was decorated adorably, and we were in a table that had a great view of the ocean. Once we were sitting down, Sesshoumaru brought me out of my thoughts.

"So what is on your mind? You haven't said two words since we left your house."

"Sorry, I'm just amazed by all of this." I said.

He smiled and said, "So you like it? You told me yesterday that you love the ocean, but I wasn't sure if you liked seafood too."

"Well, I think that this is completely perfect. And yes, I do like seafood too." I added with a smile.

~~~~***~~~~

In all of my life, I have never meet someone as easy to talk to as Sesshoumaru. We talked for all of dinner without any awkward silences, and the food was amazing. Then after dinner we took a walk on the beach right as the sun was setting. It was so beautiful, and we had no problem talking once again. I loved the way he looked at me too.....It was like I was the one on his mind, and that made me feel really special.

He took me home around 12, and I got in at about 12:30. He was the perfect gentleman, and didn't even try to kiss me. When he asked if he could see me again, a yes rushed out of my mouth, and now I cannot wait for whenever that time actually is.

Sighing dreamily, I ran into my room, and was happy to see that Sango was still awake. She sat up when I entered the room.

"How did it go?! You have to tell me everything!" She gushed. "Judging by that look on your face....things went pretty good."

"Try amazing Sango! He is so perfect and sweet and just wonderful! He wants to see me again and I can't wait!"

Sango smiled understandingly as a best friend always does. "I'm so happy for you! Oh and guess what? I saved your rose's from an Inuyasha attack. I caught him trying to throw them away."

"I don't get what is up with him! Why does he care that I'm dating Sesshoumaru?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." she said with a shrug. Somehow though, I knew that she was lying.

"Well, what does that really matter? Sesshoumaru wants to date me, and that's all that matters!" I said happily.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Sango wasn't the only one that heard what Kagome had to say though, and Inuyasha was not happy about what he heard.