InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's been too long.. ❯ Ch. 10: Where They Wander ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own IY. Never have, never willlllll.

[A/N: Shippou and Kirara stayed home.]



Kagome and Sango stepped infront of her mirror. Kagome took a deep breath in and smirked. She was wearing dark green skinnys and a black tight fitting spaghetti strap that ended right above her belly button. Her belt was camo and had bullets strapped all across the exterior. On her feet she had black slip-ons. She lent some clothes to Sango she picked out herself. After carefully picking through her luggage, she gave her gray skinnys and black belt with white nautica stars on it. Her shirt was a white tanktop and her shoes were white slip-ons identical to Kagomes.

In the spare room next door, Kagome threw some of her older brother Soutas clothes in she picked out for each man. [A/N: In this fanfic, Souta's two years older then Kagome. Oh, and Kagome's 22 since she was gone for 6 years and came to their era when she was 16.]

Inuyasha was wearing faded black jeans and black a faded black shirt. He had black slip-on Vans, with no belt. Miroku wore darker black jeans with a dark purple button down shirt on with a black studded belt. On his feet, he had black Converse on.

As the boys walked down the stairs, the girls were waiting by the door. When they saw the girls, their mouths hung loose. In the girls minds, they were thinking the same thing. Snapping back from her stuppor, Kagome grabbed her moms car keys and opened the door. "Kagome, you've yet to tell us where we're going!" Miroku exclaimed while sneaking his arm around his fiancee's shoulders. Kagome just shuffled them out the door, grabbed her wallet and left.


------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

As they rode in the Escalade, the group watched the scenery fly by. Inuyasha just sat smugly and noted that he could run just as fast. Kagome turned up the radio, making sure everyone could hear. The announcer came in loud and clear and everyone turned their attention to the radio.

"And we're here at Seeing Red's concert awaiting the arrival of the lead singer andguitarist Kagome Higurashi!" At the mention of her name, a crowed of people made an uproar in the backround. Kagome turned off the radio as she pulled into the rear of the theatre she was playing at. It was closed for this night, and the owners had been trying to get ahold of Kagome for days. Thankfully, she came home just in time.

"Wow, Kagome! I had no idea.." Sango looked around the corner at the crowed getting in "You had so many fans!" Kagome parked and opened the door. "Just for the record, I could have anything y'know? But um.." Kagome rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm just glad we're all back together I guess."

Kagome walked up to the doors backstage and told then to follow the red arrows to the VIP section. She gave them all passes, and they went in one by one. Kagome held the door and smiled at her friends. Inuyasha was last in but Kagome had another idea that suprised even her.

"Inuyasha.."

He turned. "What?"

Golden eyes collided with brown and Kagome felt her words get stuck in her throat. "Umm.."

"Damn Kagome, spit it out!"

"Do you love her?" Her words seemed to leave her in slow motion.

Set back by her, Inuyasha's eyes widened. Did he love her? Did he ever love her? Kikyou was the only one there for him when the world wouldn't accept him but..after what happened...Kagome was the only thing on his mind. He wasn't afraid to admit it anymore. Well, atleast to himself. Inuyasha, being deep in thought, didn't realize that he walked into the theatre and left Kagome standing holding the door for nothing but her broken heart.

She walked in and looked down the fork in the hall. Her friends headed left, while she went right. 'I'm so sorry Inuyasha. I guess I'm getting way in over my head. It's so hard now though..now that I came back.'

'I knew the second I saw you I'd fall in love all over again.'


----------------------------------------------------- ----- ------------------------------------------------------------

As Inuyasha took his seat next to Miroku and zoned. Being the ever observant man he is, Miroku nudged Sango and pointed over to the hanyou. She gave him a concerned look but before she could say anything, the lights dimmed and everyone stood and went absolutely crazy.

The curtains were pulled and Kagome stood in the middle of the stage, a fake smile plastered on her face. She grabbed the mike and was determined to give off a facade for her fans.

"Alright guys, this one's kinda new. It's called Where They Wander. On three!"She counted down to three with her hand and the music started.

Stand back keep away
I'm not giving up my soul today
Evil men trying to eat at me
Is there a lesson to be learned
Another night another damn fright



I'm holding on to my head
If they look like dead and act like dead...
Well dead shouldn't walk in my house

Calling my name, begging my brains
Inviting me in, making me one of them
I'd rather tear my heart out


I don't wanna give in
I don't wanna concede
I don't wanna be



Where they wander
I don't wanna submit
To their way of politics
I don't wanna be
Where they wander


Endless pain their domain
Walking through the night
Nekorman finally eat at me
His tainted heart got to me
We are always gonna be


Forever we will be together in our lust
well we walk like dead and smell like dead
We look better than when we met


Calling your name, wanting your brains
Inviting you in, making you one of us
We'd like to tear your heart out



We don't wanna give in
We don't wanna concede
We're not gonna be



Where they wander
We don't wanna submit
To their way of politics
We're not gonna be
Where they wander

We're not gonna lie

Hey..
We're not gonna lie
Wanting your brains



The music faded out and the crowed applauded. Kagome looked over to her friends and sent them a secret smile, as if no one else can see. After a few more songs, she went to hang the mike up and the fans cheered for more..they wanted an encore.

Inuyasha looked up at Kagome and as she set the mike down her eyes locked with his. Inuyasha's heart wrenched as he saw the pain in her eyes. He looked away. 'How could I have just walked away..' He looked up to find Kagome grabbing the mike and hearing music start up again and Kagome close her eyes and sing.



The music faded out and the crowed applauded. Kagome looked over to her friends and sent them a secret smile, as if no one else can see. After a few more songs, she went to hang the mike up and the fans cheered for more..they wanted an encore.

Inuyasha looked up at Kagome and as she set the mike down her eyes locked with his. Inuyasha's heart wrenched as he saw the pain in her eyes. He looked away. 'How could I have just walked away..' He looked up to find Kagome grabbing the mike and hearing music start up again and Kagome close her eyes and sing.



[A/N: =D Review! <3Emily.]