InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ Chapter 4: the Engagement ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello it's me with a new chapter! Hope you will enjoy! If you see this (…), at the end of a sentence, it means that it's a break from the past to present time or vise versa. It's also an interruption.
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA!

        Cha pter 4: The Engagement

Kaede was finally prepared for the next part Inuyasha's story so Inuyasha continued


It was junior year at Tokugawa University and I
had it all. I was the captain of the kendo team and I was going out with Kikyo Many girls envied her. My locker was always filled with love letters, even though she threatened most of them,. My life was perfect


“Yes, I'm sure it was
, mutters Kaede.
What the hell was that supposed to mean?” yells Inuyasha. He is angry that Kaede interrupted him again.

“Inuyasha, I just don't understand what that has to do with anything.” Kaede
says in a calm but irritated voice.

“If you will let me finish, you will see what it has to do with anything!” Inuyasha
is getting annoyed with Kaede but he still continues his narration…

Anyways, the world as I knew it was about to come to a screeching halt one day. I had already arranged to spend the day with my girlfriend but I
never got the chance.
       
 When I came home that night, my parents and half brother were already waiting for me. That was kind of creepy. It also didn't help that they all wore emotionless expressions on their faces.

“Inuyasha, get dressed.” ordered my father after a few seconds of awkward silence. I didn't know what was going on so I wanted to find out. When I asked my father why he wanted me to dress up, Sesshomaru answered me in an
aggravated tone.
“Don't ask questions, Inuyasha! Just do as you are told do as you are told, you fool
I decided to ignore him and get dressed. It took me about an hour to get ready. When I finally came out, my family had looks of displeasure on their faces. “Took you long enough,” Sesshomaru muttered under his breath. Of course I ended up exploding. “What the hell do you expect? You bast-”
“Inuyasha, enough of this foolishness and get into the car!” My father commanded. With that, he walked out the door with a fierce look on his face. Mom followed but she offered me a sympathetic look as she left and…


       &nbs p;Kaede
is shaking her head and giving Inuyasha a reprimanding look. “Inuyasha, she says, “you really should be more respectful to your elders.” Inuyasha stares angrily at Kaede. “Respectful to who, Sesshomaru? That asshole? You're kidding, right?” Kaede sighs.
“I am not kidding but I am not going to argue with you right now. I just want to know what led up to your current situation.”

Inuyasha smirked “Nice choice, hag only, stop interrupt
ing every 5 seconds. Anyways...”


My family and I were sitting in the `Benz in silence as my father drove at the wheel. We were going somewhere but for some reason, no one in the car wanted me to tell me anything. So I did the only thing I could do: nagging. Of course...it didn't work. It just caused a low and angry growl to come out from the driver's seat. “Stupid half breed!” my brother muttered under his breath.
“Sesshomaru, do not call your brother a half breed.” warned my mother. “He also did call me stupid as well,” I had said, attempting to get Sesshomaru yelled at some more. Sesshomaru gave me one of his infamous cold smiles and was about to strike back but my father suddenly exploded “That's because you are an idiot son! Now I want silence for the rest of this ride! Keep you damn mouths shut!” That was exactly what we did.

Before we knew it
, we stopped and got out in front of some mansion. It was so old and ugly... like someone I know. It was abandoned and had ivy growing all over the place. But that wasn't important because when we finally went inside, it was way better. Dad led us through this long hallway and at the end; I saw a portrait of an old man with strong features. He looked creepy and he was stroking an old fat cat. In another room there was, to my surprise, an entire staff of business workers. I was still clueless about my being in this place. “Yamato!” I turned to the direction of the voice. It was a man in his early forties with similar features of the old cat lover in the painting. There was a woman in her late thirties and a pruned up old guy beside him. My father greeted and said, “Let's get started.”
When we all sat down, I glared at all the people the old man looked very familiar but I didn't care. I just wanted to get the hell out of here and be with Kikyo.

The man in his forties stood up to speak.

“As you all know, today is the 100th anniversary of the founding of Shrine Inc. Our founding father, Tomi Higurashi has made it possible for us to be gathered here close to 25 years after his passing and then joint partnership with Yamato Corp. It is now that the future of these two companies rests upon a bright young man by the name of ...Inuyasha.

“WHAT?!” I barked out in surprise. My old man was ashamed of my sudden outburst. I could tell because he shook his head and sighed when he explained the situation to me.

“Inuyasha, before you were born, Tomi was close to death. He loved me as a son and didn't want to lose me as his business partner. His last wish was that I would allow my youngest son to marry the daughter of his favorite grandson to keep the joint companies together. If I didn't do it by the 25th anniversary of his death, everything to do with both companies will be sold or auctioned off. You m
ust be married to this man's daughter for the sake of the future.”

I looked at my dad and realized that he
was pretty serious. I didn't have much of a choice. The biggest mistake that one can make in life is arguing with my dad. Besides, I thought that I had three more years of freedom before I married the girl. That's why I reluctantly I went along with it.

“Fine, when do I have to get marr
ied?” for some strange reason, I regretted asking that question.

My father looke
d at me with a stern look in his eyes.
“Tonight.
That's it people. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was suffering a writer's block and I was really into this video game. I might edit later. If I get 2 reviews, i will post the next chapter faster. Volume 18 of Inuyasha is really sad. I think it's sadder that the anime. But that is my opinion. Next chapter...Inu gets pissed but he still gets married.

Thank you for your patience.
 
I printed this chapter out and made corrections last week. We were going on a 16 hour road trip so I had noting to do. I hope this chapter is a little better now.
Later Days!