InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ Chapter 5: Wedding Night ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Once again, I'm sorry for the late update. Writer's block and watching new Inuyasha eps are to blame. Well...Mostly.
A.C = Author's Comment
Chapter 5: Wedding Night
“Tonight?! Why tonight?!”
I was in shock. If someone had told me the day before that I would be taken to a old mansion to be married to some bitch for the sake of the business, I would have sliced through that person until the organs hit the ground in pieces! How could they do this to me? My parents knew that I loved Kikyo. So why did the make this arrangement behind my back?
“Calm down, Inuyasha,” my father commanded. He must have noticed that I was trembling. I couldn't help it; the anger I felt was so overwhelming.
“How can I? All of a sudden I am going to get married to some stupid bitch that I have never met and you expect me to calm down?! Why couldn't you pick Sesshomaru to do this?” I was panting a little after I had finished lashing out my anger on my father.
Sesshomaru turned in my direction, only to give that familiar cold look that he gives to everyone. That stupid bastard was smirking at me.
“Inuyasha, he said with a sneer, “you should be grateful that you haven't been disowned for you foolishness. You have finally been given the responsibility that you have been craving for,” Sesshomaru sneered as he intensified the smirk on his face.
“You should be very happy... I'm actually proud of you; I didn't think you were man enough to go through this and...I still don't.”
I shot a deadly look at my “brother”. He was enjoying this more than anyone. He loves to see me suffer. I was about to give him what he deserved when sheinterfered.
My mother was giving me that look that made me stop and make me actually feel guilty for wanting to kick Sesshomaru's ass. She always does it when I am in confrontation with either my dad or my brother.
At least I could picture kicking his ass in my head. I put on a fake smile and turned to everyone.
“Where's the wench anyway? She better not be an-”
 
“She better be what, Inuyasha?” asks Kaede, wondering why Inuyasha stopped so abruptly.
Inuyasha angrily looks at her as he starts to recall what happened next
“Sesshomaru's stupid toad hit me on the back of the head with his stick!”
Kaede let out a gasp. “You mean...you were beaten by...Jaken?
Kaede secretly laughed as she pictured the scene in her mind.
“Can we just get back to the story?” Inuyasha grumbles as he notices the amusement in the old priestess's eyes.
Back to the Past…
“Good job, Jaken!” said My brother. “He was starting to annoy me.”
“Thank you, Sesshomaru- Sama!” Jaken exclaimed in pure joy.
Jaken was weird. He had to be. He was always kissing up to my brother and he seemed to be happy while doing it. Either he thinks that Sesshomaru would kill him if he doesn't obey eagerly or he is in love with my brother. I hope I will never find out. I still hate that little green bastard though.
“Listen Sesshomaru, keep that crappy green slave of yours away from me, or else! You got that?”
That stupid green thing tried to hit me again but I punched him out before he had the chance. I wondered why Sesshomaru keeps this guy around. He's completely useless.
“Enough!” My father had that look in his eyes. It was same look that struck fear into everyone who saw it. Even my brother was scared of it.
Inuyasha, stop this pathetic behavior and get ready. Don't you dare disobey me!”
I knew that I couldn't piss off my dad at that moment so I went to where a guy was waiting for me to prepare for my wedding.
Before I knew it, I was in a tux. Then I was at the alter, waiting for my bride to arrive. As stood there waiting, I started to wonder what she would be like.
She was probably this hideous creature that the parents couldn't get rid off. The guys she probably got engaged to prior to me probably killed themselves.
Or she's really creepy and very superficial and always is talking about which movie star is hotter than her husband or what types of eye shadow goes with your mood.
I could only imagine and wait...for my life to be over.
An hour had passed and there was still no sign of the wench.
“Why the hell isn't the wench here yet?” I was getting more and more impatient as the time flew by and there was no sign of the girl.
My mother came and adjusted my tie.
“Inuyasha, women need more time to get ready. This girl is probably going through the same predicament as you. Just be patient.”
She had point there. Damn! Wait for my unknown bride was not how I wanted to spend that night. I wanted to be with the woman I truly loved. The woman I wanted to cherish and be with for the rest of my life. Not getting married to a dumb bitch to make some dead guy happy.
Finally, the door opened and out came a girl in a wedding dress. At least she wore a veil. I didn't want to be alarmed yet. Her father then came out to guide her to the altar. Was that really necessary? Why do women wear things that block their view?
The monk nudged me. I knew who he was. He was Miroku's relative, Mushin. He was helping train my friend, Miroku to be a monk. After what I have seen with Miroku so far, I think this man should be fired.
Youse lucky basssard! I hasen't bween wis a waman ins swenny earssss. I ates youu.” (Insert stupid chuckle and a few hiccups)
A.C: He said, “You lucky bastard! I haven't been with a woman in twenty years. I hate you!” looks like someone drank a little bit too much sake for his own good. Back to the story.
I swore that this guy was drunk. Was my parents in such a rush for me to go into this forced union that they couldn't find someone who was actually sober?
She was finally at me side and the stupid ceremony began.
It sucked mostly due to the fact that the monk was under the influence and most of his words were slurred. It was too late now; I was marrying this mysterious female whose face was concealed by a white veil.
Then the part I had dread came.
Now sue may piss se bride” Mushin said and then the damn monk took out a bottle of sake and drank most of it.
Piss the bride? I wondered. Did he mean piss her off or...
Oh... he meant kiss the bride. I hated this guy so much that I wanted to break that bottle on his head. But I had to do this.
I closed my eyes and lifted up the veil and I kissed my bride. I really wished that she wasn't mine.
When I opened my eyes I saw something that almost made my heart stop.
“Kikyo?”
That's the end ...of this chapter of course. If this was the end of the story, I will be pissed off at myself because I wrote more than this. Well, the next few chapters will focus on the first days of Inuyasha's marriage life. This fic is rated R for future content. Especially when it comes to Kagome's side of the story. I was so obsessed with a new anime called Pretear (Hey, it's new to me) and I was thinking up later chapters and thinking of new stories. That's why this took so long. Watching Inuyasha episodes really helped. I will update of course if I get at least 2 reviews. Chapter six is probably going to be longer than this one. I have to work on other stories as well but I won't take forever to update. I hope...
Next Chapter...
Inuyasha, beware!
Later Days!