InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ Chapter 9: Day 2 ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello everyone! I am updating this chapter. Read my comments at the bottom! Please!
 
 
 
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA!
 
Chapter 9: Love and Marriage part 2
 
 
Kagome was annoying without even trying. I watched as she entered my class and stared in my direction. She started coming towards me when suddenly, two strong arms held her back.
 
"Kouga?" was the shocked question that had escaped from Kagome.
 
"I've missed you, Kagome," mumbled Kouga as he pulled Kagome closer and closer into his chest.
 
" Kouga…wait" pleaded Kagome and she took him out of the classroom.
 
They were out there for quite a while.
 
I was angry but I didn't know why. My heart would always be with Kikyo. "This" was going to be a problem. Somehow I felt that more problems were heading my way. I wished I was wrong but I wasn't.
 
They finally came back into the room and Kagome sat right next to me silently while Kouga had a look of vengeance in his eyes.
 
She must have told him that she was taken. That stupid wimp! Sadly the wimpy bastard was the least of my problems.
 
When she had sat down, someone else had come to flirt with her.
 
" You are very attractive. A lovely flower as yourself should allow me the honor of escorting you to the party my father is hosting."
 
Kouga got really pissed.
 
" What are you telling my mate, you bastard? If you don't stay away from her, I'll fuck you up!"
 
His mate? His mate? Who the fuck did that guy think he was? A sudden rage had taken over me and I interrupted to set the bastard straight.
 
"Hey, she not your mate! She's my wife, you filthy asshole!"
 
"Your what?" Kagome, did I just hear that pathetic mutt face right?
 
" Yes Kouga you did."
 
"I thought you had better taste than that."
 
"It was an arranged marriage."
 
`I thought as much. I should have known you were forced to be with dog shit over there."
 
"What did you say, asshole"
 
"Inuyasha, Kouga, please stop fighting."
 
A dark evil laughter had come from the other guy that way hitting on Kagome.
 
" Is true that you are marred to that half witted fool, Kagome. I should have known that this marriage was a forced one. I am sure you can do much better than that."
 
"Shut the fuck up Naraku!" I shouted
 
"Why are you bothered by this Inuyasha? Don't you have to run back to Kikyo like the pathetic lovesick puppy you are? Kagome will belong to me! I take much better care of her than you or that other fool would."
 
Later …
 
In the house…
 
"Inuyasha, you're going to have to come out some time."
 
That girl…had caused me so much trouble. First I lost Kikyo, then I'm stuck in the same house with her, and today I had to deal with that annoying Kouga and that asshole, Naraku.
 
Naraku…just the mention of his name sets me off! Why the hell did that bastard take an interest to Kagome? Why the hell did I care?
 
" Fine Inuyasha, I'm going out." she said and she started to make her exit.
 
I rushed out of the room and stood in her way.
 
"Where the hell are you going at this hour? It's almost dinnertime!"
 
"Look, I'm going somewhere with Rin, Hojou, and some other friends. All I can say is that you just have to find something for yourself to eat."
 
"So, you will leave your husband to starve just because you want to hangout with a bunch of dumbasses?
 
They not that all, they are my friends!
 
"You just proved my point."
 
She made a sound that showed her disgust with the conversation.
 
" I don't have time for this, Inuyasha. I hope you starve to death!"
 
She pushed passed me and headed out the door, she said
 
"If you are really that hungry, there's some instant ramen in the cupboard.
 
The she left, slamming the door behind her.
 
I cursed her under my breath but I looked for the ramen anyway which took me an hour and a half to find.
I set it on the table and ripped up the cover and looked inside.
 
That bitch lied to me. I thought she said that this was instant ramen. Then it came to me; maybe it needed to be heated up. I put the cup in the microwave and pressed all kinds of buttons and pressed start. Then I went to the living room to watch TV after an hour I smelt smoke coming from the kitchen. Five started running to the kitchen screaming "Fire! Fire! We're all going to burn!"
 
I went inside the kitchen only to seen that the ramen was badly burnt. I took the time to look at the time. It had been two and a half hours since Kagome left. Where the hell did that bitch go? I decided that I needed to bake the ramen instead so; I put another cup in the oven. Those maids were still crying about something so I called one of them over to turn the oven on.
 
"But sir…I don't think-!"
 
" Just do it or I'll have you fired!"
 
That line always worked, I knew that. The maid muttered under her breath but she did what she was told. She put the ramen inside the oven and set the heat at 350ºF but I thought that the heat was too low. I was hungry and wanted food now so I increased the heat to 500ºF and left the kitchen, leaving the maids murmuring in anger. I went to the room to sit down and wait for the food to finish cooking. Damn that woman, leaving here with an empty stomach! I was about to sit down to watch TV when my cell phone starting to ring. I ran to answer it hoping that it was Kagome on the other line. I needed her cooking to quench my hunger not that ram crap! I finally reached the phone and answered it.
 
"Hello?"
 
There was no response. I immediately concluded it was so fucking prick pulling a prank me and I was about to cuss the bastard off when I heard a voice on the other line
 
"Inuyasha, are you there? It's me."
 
That voice! I recognized it instantly but I still asked for the person's identity
 
"Kikyo, is that you?"
 
"Inuyasha, I'm so happy that I've been finally been able to talk to you!"
 
"So am I, Kikyo." My heartbeat increased by just hearing her voice.
 
So, how are things? Is she there?"
 
"No," I sighed, "she went out."
 
"Sounds like you miss her.
 
Kikyo said that in an irritated tone but I didn't catch in quickly
 
"Yeah I do, she was supposed to cook dinner. I can't believe she left me to starve. I'm her fucking husband! She should try to-"
 
Inuyasha, have you fallen for her already?
 
" LIKE HELL I HAVE!" how dare she think that I would easily forget like that was what I was thinking. She was way too jealous for her own good but I still loved her.
 
" Then maybe you can refrain from talking about her to me."
 
"Fine."
 
"Don't get offended Inuyasha, It's just…I missed you so much! I should have done something! If I did, I would have been your woman instead of that creature you now call your wife!"
 
"I'm not offended but I think the situation was beyond our control. I think that I might have some feelings for her. This marriage thing isn't her fault though."
 
"You think you have what! Inuyasha, that's not possible! So soon…unless that girl seduced you with her uncanny likeness of me."
 
" Kikyo, you know me better than that. I will always love you Kikyo no matter what. She can't compete with you in that area."
 
" Then prove it to me Inuyasha! Meet in three weeks at the hotel across from my street.
 
"But what if she or even worse my brother and parents find out? They'll-"
 
"If you love me…as you claim, you will do this. I assure you…you won't be disappointed."
 
She then cut me off as if to reject any protests I might have given. She was mistaken; I was going to meet her there. She was the one I wanted. I was thinking of how I was going to pull off my secret affair with Kikyo "Affair" suddenly sounded to dark and ominous. I was yanked out of my thoughts when I heard an all too familiar voice scream out, "Inuyasha, what did you do?!" I was suddenly aware of the smoke and the burnt smell. I felt a little guilty about nearly burning down part of our house. But now look back on that day with regret. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from picking up that phone. That conversation with Kikyo was the beginning of everything. It was the beginning of the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life.
 
 
 
That`s the end. I am making some changes here. So, I decided to delete chapter ten. I hope the next one will be better. I will explain later. “Chapter ten will come back but I the future. Sorry about that.