InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ Chapter 12: Memory Walk part 1 ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello everyone, it's Chapter Twelve! Enjoy!
 
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN INUYASHA!
 
Chapter 12: Memory Walk part 1
 
“I can't wait for my wedding! We're going to have caterers, musicians and anything else you can think of. It's going to be the happiest day of my life!” Two women were sitting on a bench, talking about wedding preparations. They didn't notice me walking past them.
 
I overhear the conversation between those two women and it makes me think back to her on my own wedding. I suddenly realize how much I envious I am. May it's because I never got the chance to plan my own wedding. It was already planned for me. Look how that turned out. I can still remember that day; the day that changed my life forever…
 
 
On that day, I remember running home so I could be on time for dinner. I was pretty exhausted from all the activities that had gone on that day. Kouga kept calling me all day asking me to be his girlfriend again. We used to date in high school but whatever feelings I had for him faded and it didn't help matters that he was a bit too possessive of me. He vowed that he won't give up me. He still hasn't. When I finally arrived at home, instead of the tasty smell of Mom's home cooking, I was confronted with a splash of sour smelling liquid in my face.
 
“I knew it would work!” My grandpa was so happy that he didn't notice the irritated look on my face.
 
“My spell was able to bring you back home safe and sound, Kagome. You should be thanking me.”
 
I was about to yell at him when my mom appeared out of the dining room. She was dressed up like she was going to go out with Dad to a fine restaurant.
 
“Kagome, can you be ready to go out in hour? It's very important that you do. I'll meet you in the car.”
 
I had no idea why she would ask me to go out now when she knew that I had just arrived at home. The sour smell that emitted from my clothes was enough to convince me to take a bath as quick as possible.
 
Within an hour, I was fully dressed and met my mom in the car. I had brought some clothes to change into just in case I got this one messed up as well. We drove in my car but she insisted to drive. I could tell that she was up to something but I decided to be quiet about it. We drove silence for what seemed to be an eternity. We finally stopped at in front of some old mansion and went inside. The inside of the mansion looked great. Mom took me into a nearby room. It was there that I saw my dad waiting for me with an anxious look on his face.
 
“Kagome, thanks for coming on such short notice. Please take a seat; I have something important to tell you.”
 
I took a seat as he requested but he was to busy pacing up and down to notice all that much.
 
“Dad,” I asked “what is it you want to tell me? Just say it already.”
 
Dad stopped pacing and explained to me about the reason he called me to the mansion. He talked to me about great grandfather Tomi and how important he was. The more he talked, the more I suspected that he was trying to hide something from me. Then a clearing of the throat interrupted my father in mid speech. I turned to see a tall man with long silver hair held in a ponytail and inquiring golden eyes…
 
“Higurashi, you seem to be beating about the bush. I will gladly tell your daughter the real reason why she's here.”
 
My father nodded his approval and he sat down next to Mom. The white haired man stood and in front of me and started to speak.
 
“First of all, let me introduce myself, my name is Mr. Yamato and I am your father's business partner. Your great grandfather was a great man and I was glad to merge my company with his. Before he died, he wished that on the 25th anniversary of his death my son would be married to one of his future great-granddaughters. Tonight marks the 25th anniversary of his death and you, Kagome are to be married to my youngest son before midnight.”
 
I sat there staring at him wondering if he just made that whole story up just to scare me. Sadly, he looked pretty serious.
 
“I'm glad that you're taking this well, now hard part is yet to begin. Higurashi, I'm going to go home and collect my son. Be very prepared, his temper is known to go out of hand.”
 
He stood up and left the room with my father closely following him behind. I was left there with my mother and my own confused thoughts. Was I going to get married? Tonight? It was too soon. I had always dreamed of meeting a special someone, falling in love and planning my wedding with my mom. That dream was shattered in that single night. The comforting arm of my mother surrounded me and I couldn't help but cry into her chest. I don't know how long we stayed like that but I needed her at that moment.
 
Some time had passed and soon I was standing before a large mirror in my wedding dress. At least I wore a veil to conceal my face so no one could see my misery.
 
My father was waiting for me and took my arm, leading toward a room down the hall.
 
“Don't worry Kagome, I promise you that you will never regret this.” My father gave me a small but reassuring smile and then we continued to walk in silence.
When we got to the room, it was so quiet that I almost thought that I was attending my own funeral. The veil that covered my face brought me back to the reality of marriage. I was getting married and there was nothing that I could do to get out of it. From a distance I could see the man who was going to join me and my unknown groom in holy matrimony. It was beyond sad since the man happened to be drunk out of his mind. When I was finally at the alter, I heard a low growl coming from the groom. He looked so annoyed and pissed mainly because the “holy man” had taken another swig out of the bottle of sake he had on the pulpit. The ceremony had started and the man slurred through most of the words. That was when I noticed them for the first time. His ears were twitching around and at that moment I badly wanted to touch them. At least he had cute ears; I wasn't brave enough to look at his face yet. At last the moment had arrived; I turned to face him so he could kiss me. He had well sculpted face, beautiful silver hair and…he had his eyes completely shut. A surge of anger shot through my entire body. Was I that ugly that he couldn't even look at me? What the heck was his problem? To make matters worse he planted the coldest kiss I had ever received on my lips. I kept glaring at him and hoped that he would get his act together and come to the realization that I was in the same predicament as he. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at me. I felt a little happy that he was finally looking at me in the eye. His golden eyes were filled with confusion at that moment.
 
“Kikyo?” he said in a surprised tone.
 
The first thought that entered my mind was WHAT?
 
I gave him a annoyed glare while I started to rant in head.
 
What was that? My name's not Kikyo. I know he didn't know me yet he didn't have to just call me by some random name. I was going to ask him what his name was and try to get to know him as soon as we were alone but I was now a little annoyed at that moment.
 
K-K-Kikyo?”
 
That was the last straw! He was too slow to figure out why I was glaring at him.
 
"What's up with you and who's this Kikyo? For your information, I am not her. I'm Kagome! Keep that in mind for future references.”
 
Whatever confusion he had was gone and anger settled in its place. I saw it in his eyes but I was too livid to be scared.
 
“I don't care who the fuck you are!" He shouted.
 
Really, I thought, if that was way it was going to be, I was going to get the heck out of there. I was not going to waste my time listening to my crude “husband” spew his filth at me.
"Neither do I but I am taking this whole marriage thin better that you so far. Some husband you are!" I retorted
I stomped out of that place as fast I could manage, collected my things and went to the car.
As soon I found the key, I put in the ignition, stepped on the gas pedal and drove away as fast as I could.
 
That's it everyone! Sorry for the delay. Today is the one year anniversary of this fic. I'm finally on Kagome's POV and that is where most of the climax and conflicts will be seen. Inuyasha does come in it and I will have some parts when I do the talking. The next chapter is in the halfway done. Thanks for reading.
 
I have changed so that Kagome is speaking the entire time. It helps with later chapters.
Later Days!