InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ It's Never Too Late ❯ Chapter 18: part 2 ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hey Everyone! Here's the next chapter. I really should just call this part two of 17 but it will be Chapter 18. Chapter 19 is in…progress!
 
Disclaimer: I, Of Course Do Not Own Inuyasha. I just own the fanfic.
 
Chapter 18: part 2
 
His voice was coming from the living room and I was heading there to unleash my wrath. I soon saw him and prepared to confront him but I stopped. He was talking on the phone. The anxious expression on his face caused my curiosity to overshadow my anger.
 
I can still remember overhearing parts of that conversation.
 
“The situation was beyond our control, said my husband on the phone. “I think that I might have some feelings for her. This marriage thing isn't her fault though."
 
Who on earth was he talking to like this? I thought. “Beyond our control…this marriage thing isn't her fault? It can't be our parents. His brother doesn't care and his friends seem to already know about the whole marriage thing. Wait…could it be… that the person on the other line was…
 
For a brief moment, I was back in that empty hallway with the girl with teary red eyes that had glared back at me in anger. She stood there lashing her threats at me and…
 
“…I will always love you Kikyo no matter what.” My husband's words snapped me out of my thoughts.
 
Kikyou, Huh? I knew it was her. After hearing those words form Inuyasha, I felt nauseous for some reason unknown to me at the time. I decided to leave where I was. I didn't want to hear anymore. I retraced my steps back into the kitchen.
 
The maids wasted no time in telling me what Inuyasha had done. My anger came back in full force. So, he was indirectly cheating on me with his ex on the phone but he couldn't even make one simple cup of ramen without trying to burn the place down? The maids quickly brought out two badly burned shapes. It was had to tell but I figured out that those were the ramen cups Inuyasha used. Smoke was still emitting from them. I couldn't take it anymore.
 
“Inuyasha, What did you do?!”
 
 
He soon came into the kitchen with a vague look on his face. Once he saw me that look quickly changed.
 
“What the hell's you're problem?” he asked
 
“Inuyasha, I've made a serious mistake.”
 
“Hell, ya!
“I should have known that you lacked the ability to cook as well as to think on your own.”
“What The Fuck Did You Jus-!”
“Let me finish,” I said, cutting him off. “Anyways I've realized those things, and I decided to do what I should have done in the first place.”
“Good, I want a-”
 
“You want a what? I'm slave Inuyasha! And after what you just pulled, I'm in no moos to cook anything for you! What I am going to do is to show you how to make the ramen…correctly.”
 
He started to curse under his breath but I ignored him. Instead I went and grabbed two cups of ramen and set them on the table. I took a deep breath before speaking to him again.
 
“Tell what you did first”
“What do you mean?”
“Tell me how you prepared the ramen.”
 
“Fine, I took the cover off and threw it in the trash. Then I put it in the microwave for some time.
 
Some time huh, I thought sarcastically.
 
“I see, Inuyasha. While you were doing all this, did you at anytime read the directions?”
“What directions?” he didn't seem to care about what we were doing. He seemed distracted about something. Of course, that got me irritated.
 
“The direction that were on the paper that you ripped off and threw in the trash, you idiot!"
 
He opened his mouth to say something but he didn't. He decided to just glare at me and I was fine with that. At least he had finally kept his mouth shut and we could finally start.
 
 
It wasn't easy but I think he finally got the hang of it. It took five good cups but everything worked out. My husband loved it. I could see the joy in his eyes as he stuffed all those noodles into his mouth. Suddenly, I felt tired and wanted to go to bed. I did not have a good night and I felt like going to bed. Watching Inuyasha stuff his face was starting to get on my nerves.
 
I gave him my bowl and left for my room. As I was going there, a lot of thoughts came into my mind. Many of those thoughts were about what happened that night. I probably thought I was a little paranoid but still I worried that I might have witness Hojou's death of that Naraku had actually succeeded in finding me.
 
While I was lost in my thoughts, I felt strange tickling on my neck. First, I froze. Then I turned my neck slightly, secretly praying that it wasn't an insect. As it turned out it wasn't an insect. It was Inuyahsha and he was sniffing me. I felt violated. I yelled at him and ran as fast as I could to my room, locking the door behind me as soon as I entered.
 
As soon as I fell on my bed, I heard a knock on the door. I didn't need to open it to know who it was.
 
“Leave me alone, Inuyasha.”
 
“Not until you apologize.”
 
“Apologize for what? You were the one who was invading my privacy so you should apologize to me.”
 
“Keh.”
 
There was a silent pause for a while before Inuyasha spoke up again.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Why…do you have…Naraku's scent on you?”
 
I slightly panicked and started to search for some excuse.
 
“I…don't…I'm not in the mood.”
 
“Did that fucking bastard do anything to you?”
 
I remained silent. I didn't feel like telling him about what happened. First of all I didn't want a showdown between those two. Second, because of …Kikyo. For some strange reason, that bothered me. My husband was still persistent. Clearly, the fact that Naraku touched had me got under his skin.
 
“Dammit Kagome! Tell me what that asshole did to you!
 
“I'm sorry Inuyasha but…I'm not going to tell you.”
 
“Shit!” He shouted as he punched the door. For a moment, I thought he was going to break the door down. I was relieved when he didn't.
 
After he left, I let myself fall in to a dreamless sleep.
 
The next day, Inuyasha treated me a little better but he didn't ask me any questions on Naraku. I likewise did not ask him about his phone conversation with Kikyo.
I missed it. I was just finishing and now…It's Monday. Oh well, I updated faster. Let's see, the next chapter will come out soon. I say soon because this week will be very busy. Thanks for reading this story and I hope to hear from you soon. It took me a while to decide Hojou's fate. I wanted to kill him off at first. I'm still debating. His fate may be found out in the next chapter.
 
 
 
Later Days!