InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Friends ❯ Rebirth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N): Italics are Inuyasha's thoughts.
Chapter 2:
Rebirth
"I don't get it! The blood is changing her! She is making some very strange changes inside and out! How the hell the hell did she get a tail? Her finger nails are now more like claws, her eyes have changed, and those ears, she look more like a dog now! Her muscles are getting by far stronger than any human, yet it isn't bulging out, her muscles looks the same! Her bodies is a lot more resilient! I'm not sure how much it would take to even harm her! But what good are these if it kills you! But... we really had no other choice, we needed more of that type of blood, and that's all we had! If we didn't try it she would of died anyways! Damn it!" the doctor yelled when he got home. He woke everyone in the house and a couple other people as well.
"She died soon after the doctors put some of my blood," Inuyasha said trying not to break under the pain of losing Kagome! His voice changed without control, he was visibly forcing out every word.
A thought went through Keade’s mind when Inuyasha said how Kagome died, "Inuyasha can you and you alone follow me".
"Why," Inuyasha asked.
Keade ignored the comment.
"Old Hag," Inuyasha said, "Why should I follow you!"
"You are going to go to her funeral right?" Keade asked.
"Yes," Inuyasha replied.
"If anyone in her era see some of your features, they'll think that you killed her," Keade said.
"I didn't kill her!" Inuyasha snarled, "I tried to save her but I was to slow!"
"Yes I know that," Keade replied, "They won't though! This would just make it so there are less questions!"
"Okay what is it?" Inuyasha asked.
"Just stay patient," Keade said, "It's something to hide your demonic features. Come back in two hours".
Keade went into her hut and two hours later she came back out, and Inuyasha waited there. "Here one for you, and one for Kagome". Keade handed Inuyasha a bracelet and a necklace to Inuyasha.
"Why does Kagome need one?" Inuyasha asked.
"The demon blood has killed her," Keade said, "It's changing her into a half demon, and when it's done she will be revived!"
"Really," Inuyasha said almost immediately.
"Yes," Keade replied, "But, if she will remember anything is a different story".
"Great," Inuyasha sarcastically said, If she doesn't remember, it will almost the same thing as her being dead! "How long do those changes take?"
"Usually around a day," Keade said, "I cannot be sure though. I've only heard about this, I have seen it first hand!"
"In other words Kagome might not come back to life!" Inuyasha muttered.
"Try to act like we never had this conversation," Keade asked.
"Alright," Inuyasha replied.
Inuyasha went back through the well back to the shrine. Before he went in her took a sniff a realized that more people than just Kagome's family were in the house. So he put his bracelet on and he look like he does when he's human. He walked in the front door and he seen the friends that Kagome was often with in her era.
"Who are you?" one of them asked.
"Inuyasha," Inuyasha replied, "Who are you?"
"I'm Eri, this Yuki, that's Ayumi, and he is Hojo?" Eri said.
"How do you know Kagome?" Ayumi asked.
"None of your business!" Inuyasha snarled. They left it at that no one talked for a long period of time. They all just sat there, all in a deep state of thought.
About a day after.
The phone rang and Ms. Higurashi answered it, "Hello?"
"Hello this is Doctor Watannabe," he said, "Can you come down to the hospital as quick as possible? Something has happened!"
"Sure," Ms. Higurashi answered. She hanged up and went to the hospital.
"Where are you going?" Inuyasha asked.
"To the hospital," Ms. Higurashi answered.
"I'm coming," Inuyasha said.
"Alright, hurry up!" Ms. Higurashi said.
"What about us?" Eri asked.
"Either stay here, or go home!" Ms. Higurashi answered.
Ms. Higurashi went outside, "You just had to human again didn't you?"
"Huh," Inuyasha said.
"Your in your human form again," Ms. Higurashi said.
Inuyasha took off his bracelet. "What were you saying?"
"I really what to get there quick," Ms. Higurashi pleaded, "Can we go the way we went yesterday?"
"Sure," Inuyasha replied, "Get on my back".
Ms. Higurashi climbed onto Inuyasha's back, and Inuyasha took off, but this time he was cautious about being seen. It took longer than the previous trip but Inuyasha wasn't in anywhere near the need for getting there as fast as he could. When he got there he landed in an alleyway near and put his bracelet back on, and they walked into the hospital. And Doctor Watannabe was waiting for them.
"What is it?" Ms. Higurashi asked.
"Follow me," said. They followed him to the room where Kagome was.
"I can't explain it!" said. He decided to leave them alone.
"It can't be!" Ms. Higurashi said.
Inuyasha walked up to her "Kagome do you remember who we are?"
"Inuyasha, of course I remember you?" Kagome said, "What happened to me?"
"Naraku attacked you!" Inuyasha answered.
"No, I already know about that!" Kagome said, "What with the changes to my body?"
"I'll explain that later!" Inuyasha said, "Here I have a gift for you". And Inuyasha placed the necklace around her neck.
"Thank you," Kagome said, "But I thought that you thought that I was dead?"
"Keade figured out what was happening," Inuyasha said quietly.
Doctor Watannabe "It'll probably take a while for that injury to heal, and she needs her sleep. So I'm going to ask you if leave."
"Alright," Ms. Higurashi said. Ms. Higurashi and Inuyasha left the hospital and decided to walk home.
"She will be fully healed by tomorrow!" Inuyasha said.
"What?" Ms. Higurashi asked.
"She's a half demon now, she heals faster than humans," Inuyasha said.
"How'd she turn into a half demon?" Ms. Higurashi asked.
"When they injected her with my blood," Inuyasha answered.
"Great," Ms. Higurashi said sarcastically.
"Hey, it will take a hell of a lot more to harm her now!" Inuyasha said.
"And she will never get pregnant!" Ms. Higurashi said.
"What," Inuyasha said.
"'Half-breeds' regardless of who they are sterile," Ms. Higurashi said.
"What!" Inuyasha said.
"I thought you already knew that," Ms. Higurashi said, "There are very few exceptions to that rule!"
It took them a while before they made it to the shrine.
"Well?" they all asked in unison, "What was it about?"
"Kagome's alive," Ms. Higurashi said.
(A/N):