InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Friends ❯ New Weapons and Some Lessons ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4:
New Weapons and Some Lessons
"Why do I need to be better armed?" Kagome asked.
"Because most demons, and humans do not like half demons!" Inuyasha answered, "Your lucky in that you had a human childhood! You didn't have to run for your life!"
"..." Kagome tried to apologize but she couldn't.
"Don't worry about my childhood, Kagome! It's over and done with!" Inuyasha said trying to relieve the tension, "Anyways, I know you! I seen you wanting to be able to do more in battle, and I do not know how spiritual powers work, but I do know how to help you with your demonic powers!"
"Yeah, I guess your right," Kagome said, "I was just wanting to hear your explanation".
"And we are going half to get you something armour or something," Inuyasha said, "I won't let you fight with the clothes you have right now!"
"Why did you let me wear these clothes before then?" Kagome asked.
"You can't really avoid anything, I normally had to grab you and carry you out of the way," Inuyasha answered, "Armour would of only made it harder for me to carry you. As well as you'll likely push yourself into thicker fighting, and there is a possibility of your opponent doing something... how should I say this... put it this way, a majority of opponents will be men. And some could be like Miroku!"
"Yeah your right," Kagome replied.
Mornings the next day.
"Sango, Miroku, aren't you coming with us?" Kagome asked.
"No, sorry," Sango answered, "We have ummm, something we need to do".
"I'm still...," Shippo was saying before Miroku sat on top of him.
"What was that for?" Kagome asked.
"Ahhh, nothing...," Miroku said.
"Sure," Kagome said with some sarcasm, and with a little confusion.
"Feh," Inuyasha snorted, "Kagome, are you ready to go?"
"Yes, " Kagome said. Kagome and Inuyasha left.
"Inuyasha how long do think it will take?" Kagome asked.
"Around three days to get there, about two, or three days there, and three days back," Inuyasha answered, "Try and catch me!" Inuyasha broke into a sprint, and Kagome followed as fast as she could, she was significantly faster than she was, but no where as near as fast as Inuyasha was.
"Why are you doing this?" Kagome asked.
"To help you adjust to your new powers," Inuyasha answered.
"I'll catch up with just wait and see!" Kagome yelled.
"No you won't," Inuyasha replied, slowing down to let Kagome catch up a little moment. They continued for a couple hours. Kagome and Inuyasha were starting to get tired, and Inuyasha stopped. Kagome was still going fast and ran run into Inuyasha. They hit each other and tumbled onto the ground and Inuyasha laid on top of Kagome. "Do know how to stop, Wench?"
"I don't know," Kagome replied, "Do you know how to off of me?"
Both of their faces turned a little red and Inuyasha jumped off. "You need to get faster," Inuyasha said, "But our endurance is better than I thought it would be. But it still has some work to get up the level it should be at!"
"Do you mean that as an insult, or a compliment?" asked Kagome.
"It's the truth," Inuyasha answered, "Now let's back to the trip".
Two days later. When they reach Totosai.
"Totosai," Kagome yelled.
"What are you two doing here," Totosai asked, "And how did Kagome become a half demon?"
"I was injured, and Inuyasha blood mixed in with mine," Kagome answered.
"We need to get her some new weapons," Inuyasha answered.
Totosai stood there and thought for a moment. "Alright, Kagome come here and open your mouth," Totosai said, "Inuyasha I'll be taking a tooth from you as well". Kagome did as told, and Inuyasha stood back for a moment, sighed, and also did as told. Totosai went and took a fang from both Kagome and Inuyasha. "Come back in four days," Totosai said, "And her weapons will be built".
"Alright," Inuyasha said, "We won't be far, I still have to show Kagome to make better use of her powers". With that, Kagome and Inuyasha went of for more training. In of which Inuyasha did something each and every day, to help Kagome with her new found demonic powers. So far he made her chase him, and he didn't let himself get to far ahead. She had shown lots of improvement with her speed, and her endurance. But she hasn't even tried to jump at the height of Inuyasha's abilities, and still is having trouble's using her nose properly.
"I'm going ahead to set up camp," Inuyasha said.
"Wait for me!" Kagome answered.
"No," Inuyasha said, "Take your time! When you get there, everything should be ready!"
"But...," Kagome replied, but Inuyasha was already gone. Kagome shrugged, and continued on walking towards the camp. after a little while, she when she found the camp, and seen everything except what they going to eat. She also found a note with her name on it.
Kagome,
Yet another lesson, try and find me, I'm not to far off! It should be to hard!
Inuyasha
"This proves it! Probably another stuttering scene, seems like every moment that we’ve been alone, with exception of this trip, he been stuttering and trying to say something. He's been doing that for like what a month," Kagome said to herself. She went of looking for him. She tried to refrain from calling out his name, he would of just left. So she had to use her nose and her ears. It was hours before she found Inuyasha, and that was because Inuyasha got a little to bored and came for her.
"Wench," Inuyasha yelled, "What would you do if I didn't come for you? Would you be able to find your way back if you had to use your nose? I've been waiting in the same spot not far from the camp, and you head of in the total opposite direction!"
"Sit," thump Kagome yelled.
"Okay I deserved that," Inuyasha replied, "But we are going to work on that for a while!"
Four days later.
All Kagome and Inuyasha did was Inuyasha teaching Kagome how to track different smells better.
"We're back!" Inuyasha said.
"Good," Totosai answered, "Kagome come here".
"Sure," Kagome answered. Kagome came over and Totosai gave her what looked like a large knife. Not a sword but a knife!
"What the hell is that?" Inuyasha yelled, "Next try making a sword!"
"Kagome take it out of it's sheath," Totosai retaliated. Kagome unsheathed the knife and it transformed into a very long sword! Around eight feet long!
"It's called the Kamigawa," Totosai said, "It can cut through anything, and it will not seem like your cutting through anything".
"Nice," replied Kagome.
"Show me your right arm," Totosai ordered.
"Why?" Kagome asked.
"The other weapon I created," Totosai answered. Kagome stuck her arm out an and Totosai attached a large shield on it. "It's called the Seritio. It cannot be damage, it can take any attack and not even a dent will occur! I made sure that you can hold your bow, fire with it, and place another arrow. And you should be able to see through it"
"Alright," Kagome said, "How do you take it off?"
"Concentrate," Totosai answered, "You have to concentrate to summon it, for it to be off. You have to concentrate to summon it as well".
"Let's see," Kagome muttered. She concentrated and it left, she concentrated and she summoned it again. "Nice, these will do nicely! Thank you for these!"