InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Friends ❯ Apology ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N): Italics are Kagome’s thoughts.

Chapter 8:
Apology

Sango ran towards Miroku once she seen that Miroku was unconscious. "Inuyasha, Kagome? What happened to Miroku?"

"Ask Miroku when he comes through," Inuyasha answered.

"You don't know what happened?" Sango asked.

"We know," Inuyasha said, "But I'm not going to answer. You're going to ask Miroku".

"Why won't you tell me?" Sango asked, "Kagome? What happened?"

"Ahh, You're going to have to ask Miroku," Kagome replied.

"Why won't you tell me?" Sango asked.

"Not allowed," Inuyasha said, "I'm going back to Keade's hut now!"

"Wait for me," Kagome replied.

"Thanks for your ohhhh, so great help with dragging Miroku back to the hut," Sango sarcastically, and quietly said.

Sango dragged Miroku back to Keade's hut with the help of a villager.

"What happened to Miroku?" Keade asked.

"I do not know!" Sango replied, "Inuyasha and Kagome know, but they won't tell me!"

"Then we'll have to wait for Miroku to wake up then," Keade replied, "Just remember this, Kagome is still adapting to her body still. In both mind and body, she'll occasionally do something that she wouldn't normally do. Just be patient with her".

"I'll try," Sango replied.

"I know you will," Keade replied, "I'm going to leave you two alone now"

"Thank you," Sango replied. Sango waited there until Miroku woke up. She waited for hours, until the evening. When Miroku finally awakened. Sango was a little relieved. "Miroku what happened to you?"

"Ahhh, don't yell!" Miroku yelled at her.

"Okay, what happened to you?" Sango said, making sure that she stayed quiet.

"I said don't yell!" Miroku yelled, "Kagome hit me! Can you just lay with me tonight, and I'll explain tomorrow. I have to much of a headache to talk right now".

Sango didn't say a word, she had just crawled up to much laid down with Miroku, and both of them fell asleep.



"Kagome, you want to back to Keade's hut, or how about a branch of the Goshinboku?" Inuyasha asked.

"Miroku probably regained consciousness, and told Sango. She is likely to be a little annoyed with us. Yeah let's go to the Goshinboku," Kagome answered.

Kagome and Inuyasha walked over to the Goshinboku, with their arms wrapped around the other. They reached it and Inuyasha jumped on to a branch of the tree, he leaned on the trunk, cross legged as usual. Kagome followed, she landed onto the same branch, she crawled towards Inuyasha, sat down in between his legs, with her back towards Inuyasha.

"Hey, Kagome?" Inuyasha said.

"Yes," Kagome replied.

"Was that a suitable punishment for Miroku?" Inuyasha said, "I mean the first purpose won’t happen”.

"You're just taking his side because you like this effect better," Kagome replied.

"Well, yes. But what does that doesn't matter?" Inuyasha said, "Those words still stand..."

"Yeah, but..." Kagome said, before Kagome realized that Inuyasha fell asleep. That was unexpected! Damn it! Kagome thought about Inuyasha's words for a while, wondering if she went a little to overboard. She tried to think about other things, what Ayami, Yuki, Eri, her mother, her grandfather were doing, but she kept on going back to those words that Inuyasha said. They tried forcing it out, and every time she did, it came back and was stronger each and every time. Yeah I'll apologize for to Miroku tomorrow morning. I went a little to far. Kagome inevitably fell asleep.



"Miroku," Sango said your finally awake.

"You've waited for that?" Miroku asked.

"Yes," Sango answered, "I want to know what happened to you!"

"Remember when I changed the effect of the rosary right," Miroku said, "She got a little angry with that, and hit me".

"Let me see it," Sango said. Miroku didn't say a word a showed her the spot where Kagome hit him.

"Owwww," Miroku said, "Be a little careful it still hurts!"

"Sorry," Sango answered, "It's a good thing that you did that. Even if it was perverted. It wasn't right for her to use it all those times anyways, it was to my knowledge that it was only there to prevent Inuyasha from killing Kagome. I don't think that will be a problem anymore!"

"Sango," Miroku said.

"Yes," Sango replied.

"Just don't hurt her to badly," Miroku said, "She is a friend, and I don't want to lose that friendship over this. I don't think that we should take this to seriously. I think it has something to do with Kagome turning into a half demon".

"Alright, I'll make sure I won't hurt her," Sango answered, "I'm off, Inuyasha asked me to help him with something".

"See you later," Miroku said.

"Yep, see you later," Sango replied.



"Ready for more training?" Inuyasha asked. He woke up before Kagome. He stayed still, and thought.

"I have to do something first," Kagome replied, "Alright. I won't be long".

"Sure," Inuyasha answered.

Kagome left where she was sleeping, and jumped onto the ground. Kagome ran off towards Keade's, all the way to the hut that Miroku, and Sango slept in the previous night. Kagome walked in, and Miroku seen her. Miroku tried to scramble to his feet, but kept falling. Moving backwards a little bit every time. "What are you here for?"

"I'm here to apologize," Kagome replied, "I'm sorry for what I did to you yesterday. I went a little overboard yesterday".

"That's okay," Miroku answered, "I think that it was your body changing into a half demon that did that, I don't think that you had any control over it".

"That's all I came to say," Kagome said, "I have to get back to Inuyasha. See yeah".

"Yeah see yeah," Miroku replied.

Kagome walked out, and ran back to Inuyasha. With her now being a half demon, it took her minutes. She had gotten there, and seen Sango, in her battle gown, with her Hiraikotsu, and her sword.

"Hey, ahhh, Sango," Kagome said.

"Yeah, ahhh, hi," Sango answered.