InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Friends ❯ Weapon Training ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9:
Weapon Training

"That was a despicable thing to do to Miroku you know that right?" Sango asked.

"Yes, I realized that now," Kagome answered.

"Well it hurt him more than you know!" Sango yelled, "Take out your weapons!" Sango lifted her Hiraikotsu and charged at Kagome. Kagome unsheathed her Kamigawa, and summoned her Seritio. Braced herself for Sango's attack. Sango used her Hiraikotsu like a club, and swung at Kagome. Kagome lifted her Seritio in defence. They hit, and the shield held. Sango swung again, and Kagome blocked it again with the Seritio. She was able to shrug to blow off, but the Hiraikotsu knocked out of the way. Sango swung once more, allowing no time for Kagome to block it with the Seritio. So she raised the Kamigawa in an attempt to block the attack. The sword managed to get in between Kagome and the Hiraikotsu. It didn't cut through though, the Hiraikotsu slowly pushed the Kamigawa back. Kagome grabbed the Hiraikotsu with her other hand. And, she started to push Sango back. They pushed against each other for a little while. And soon found that it really didn't do much.

"You're getting no where," Inuyasha said, "It's time we should try something else".

"Alright," Sango answered.

"Huh," Kagome replied, "I thought that..."

"Inuyasha said that you went to apologize to Miroku," Sango answered, "I just did that to make sure that he was right".

"Alright then," Kagome said, "We should get back to the training".

"Better prepare yourself Kagome," Inuyasha said. He then drew his Tetseiga, your next opponent is me!".

Inuyasha charged at Kagome. He readied his sword, and swung, only to Kagome block it with Kamigawa. The two swords hit with such force that they repelled each other. And, he swung again, Kagome jumped back, and jumped a ways back onto a branch in the forest. She turned and faced Inuyasha, he was coming in high and fast. She unleashed her whip, and Inuyasha used his sword to repel the whip. He got his sword back into position, and Kagome jumped farther into the forest, jumping from tree to tree. Inuyasha charging at her, destroying each and every branch she stood on. That kept for a while, Inuyasha swung and destroyed yet another branch, he was using his claw to dig into the tree, and leap at her again and again. But this time the tree was falling on him. Kagome used her whip to cut it in half. Inuyasha crashed to the ground. With the tree hitting him in the head.



"Hey, Shippo, come here for a moment.

"Yes, what do you want?" Shippo asked.

"Inuyasha and I have a little job for you," Sango answered.

"What is it?" Shippo asked.

"Come here," Sango answered. Shippo came closer to Sango, and Sango whispered something into his ear.



Inuyasha and Kagome kept at the sword fight, Inuyasha threw the tree off of him. And he waited for Kagome to attack him. Pulling off something he rarely does, he didn't charge. Kagome stood in the tree watching him for a moment. She soon realized that Inuyasha wasn't going to be as rash as he normally is. She leaped out, towards Inuyasha. Their swords clashed, and Kagome landed. Once again, the swords repelled each other from the shear force put into them. Inuyasha swung again, and it was blocked. Inuyasha tried to push Kagome backwards. Kagome pushed back digging in with her feet. But the one who had to relies bodies strength for his entire life to survive, was wining. Kagome being a half-demon was strong, but not as physically strong as Inuyasha. Soon Inuyasha got the upper hand and knocked Kagome on her butt.

"Your better than I thought you would be," Inuyasha said, "In a direct fight, you lack the skills needed, otherwise, you can fight using that evasive style well".

"I knew beforehand that I couldn't defeat you directly," Kagome said, "You only won, because you forced me to attack you directly".

Inuyasha raised his sword again, indicating that they are about to train some more. Kagome raised her weapons. She sniffed the air. 'What is Shippo doing?' Kagome thought, 'He is circling us for a little while now. He's up to something. Inuyasha is going into detail'.

"Ready?" Inuyasha asked.

"You bet," came a rather playful reply.

They charged, Tetseiga hitting the Seritio. Then it hit the Kamigawa. It continued for a while, and soon the pace quickened. They fought harder and harder. Shippo seen this as his chance. He leaped out into mid air above Inuyasha and Kagome. "Foxfire!" Shippo yelled, as he used his surprising, but light technique. It was sent at Kagome, she decided to block it with her Seritio. I blocked the foxfire. Unfortunately, Inuyasha used the distraction to trip her, and she fell over again.

"Better," Inuyasha said, "You can't fight more than one opponent like that though, especially, when one or more can keep up with you in that fight".

"So what should I do then?" Kagome asked.

"Keep moving," Inuyasha answered, " If one can keep you in one spot the others will be free to attack".

"Should we continue training?" Kagome asked.

"No," Inuyasha answered, "I want to see if Miroku is okay".

"Alright," Kagome answered.

Kagome and Inuyasha walked side by side, and Shippo jumped up onto Kagome. It didn't take them long to return to the village. They walked into Keade's hut.

"Miroku, are you feeling better?" Kagome asked.

"Yeah," Miroku answered, "The headache will hopefully be gone".

"That's good to hear," Inuyasha said.

"Can you keep it down?" Miroku asked, "Your making my headache worse".

"Alright," Inuyasha said, "We were out there all day, I'm going to sleep". With that everyone went to sleep. They needed as much sleep as possible. The next couple days were going to be hectic.