InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Friends ❯ Mates ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
11:
Mates
"I'm of to Kagome's era now," Inuyasha said, "No sense putting off the inevitable".
"Yeah," Keade remembered, "But I still want to show you and Kagome other uses of your spiritual powers".
"Like?" Inuyasha asked.
"Barriers," Keade answered.
"Feh," Inuyasha replied, "See yeah".
"See yeah," Keade answered.
Inuyasha left and headed for the well. He wasn't sure if it was going to be a good thing. The good thing was he was going to Kagome again, he started to miss her. The bad thing was that he wasn't sure what Kagome's mother reaction is going to be. From the looks of things, he seen a couple time where mother went hysterical from hearing that their child is at the same level of intimacy that they are at. hen again he wasn't exactly quite sure where mate would be either. It could be only a girlfriend and boyfriend in their standards, then again the could husband and wife. He decided that it was somewhere in between to simplify things for himself. He continued on and went through the well. He decided that since he gotten there earlier than Kagome had normally woke up. He would come in the front door. And sit on the couch and wait for Kagome to wake up. In of which he tried to. But the door was locked. So he went around and jumped up into Kagome's room. He quietly opened the sliding door that Kagome normally opened, and walked in.
'Great, she had some friends sleep over,' Inuyasha thought.
There was Eri, Yuki, and Ayumi on the floor sleeping. Inuyasha tried to quietly move past them. He made it past Eri, easy enough, the same with Yuki. He seen no way go around Ayumi to get out of her room. And, he could just see what they're reaction would be if he was caught sleeping in the room with them.
“What are you doing this early?” Kagome asked. Just waking up.
“I'm done back in the feudal era for now. I figured we should just get it over with and tell your mother,” Inuyasha said.
“If they see you in here their going to scream,” Kagome said.
“Yeah, I figured that on out,” Inuyasha replied, “The front door was locked”.
“You actually tried the front door?” Kagome asked.
“Yep,” Inuyasha answered, “Talk to you later”
“Yep,” Kagome answered.
Inuyasha walked over Ayumi. He went slow, and as quiet as possible. But it wasn't that easy. Ayumi woke up. He seen Inuyasha right above her. She didn't hesitate. In the highest pitch that she probably, could pull off she screamed. And it was as loud as could get it. Inuyasha covered his ears, but it was at such a high pitch scream. That Inuyasha, and for that matter Kagome's ears were overloaded. Inuyasha fell over. On top of Eri. Who woke up and screamed just as loud, and high pitched scream. Yuki woke up, seen Inuyasha head, right in front of her. She screamed, no as loud, or high pitched as the other two, and tried to push away as fast she could, she went so far back that she hit her head on Kagome's dresser. By that time Mrs. Higurashi came in.
“What happened,” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
"He came in here to do who knows what!" Ayumi screeched.
"I only came through the window because the front door was locked," Inuyasha replied.
"Couldn't you of knocked on the door?" Eri yelled.
"You tried the front door?" Mrs. Higurashi, "You normally just jump up into Kagome's room".
"What? He's done that before?" Yuki asked, "You pervert!"
"He doesn't do anything to perverted when I'm asleep," Kagome said, "It doesn't bother me that he does that. Now no more yelling! Please!"
"Why,” Ayumi said, “It's inappropriate and shouldn't happen”.
“It doesn't bother me,” Mrs. Higurashi said, “As long as he doesn't do anything inappropriate. At least until she's married”.
“That won't be a problem,” Inuyasha answered.
“What is that supposed to mean,” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
“Ahhh...,” Inuyasha stuttered.
“Can we explain this later?” Kagome asked.
“Alright,” Mrs Higurashi sighed giving in, “Tonight”.
“Thank you,” Kagome answered, “Inuyasha, can you get out for a moment? So we can get dressed”.
“Sure,” Inuyasha replied. Inuyasha left with her mother.
“Inuyasha,” Mrs. Higurashi said, “You and Kagome are courting each other aren't you?”
“Well... yeah,” Inuyasha answered.
“I'm not going to be in the way of that,” Mrs Higurashi said, “As long you two don't have sex”.
"Don't worry," Inuyasha answered, "Well..., at least until Naraku is defeated".
“No,” Mrs. Higurashi replied, “Not until you two are married! That is assuming that you two will last that long!”
“Feh,” Inuyasha answered, “Don't worry about it”.
“Have you had anything you to eat yet,” Mrs Higurashi asked.
“No,” Inuyasha said.
“Come on,” Mrs Higurashi said, “I'll get you something”.
“Thank you,” Inuyasha answered.
“Anything to stop you from to hunt,” Mrs. Higurashi muttered, “Anyways, Demons probably have a slightly different version of courting, can you tell me about it?”
“Sure,” Inuyasha answered, “This is going to be somewhat difficult to explain”.
“I'll stay patient,” Mrs. Higurashi said, “Please continue”.
“I believe it to be somewher in between Kagome being my girlfriend, and her being my wife. Like being married being mates is lifelong, and cannot be cut”.
“I hate to say it, but...” Mrs Higurashi said, “Not all marrages last. Divorce has came became somewhat common”.
“What?” Inuyasha replied, “That seems quite pathetic”.
“Yes it is,” Mrs Higurashi answered, “Can you continue?”
“Sure,” Inuyasha answered, “But unlike marriage, a male demon can have a number of mates. With demons instinct takes over when a choosing a mate. Me I'm somewhere in between. Demons really don't have much cntrol over it, a half demon can overcome it, but it's difficult. Either way the emotions are real. I know with full demons mates will form some sort of link, after a while. But considering that we are only half demons, I do not know how strong it will be, if at all. That's pretty much it”.
“And you had discussed this with Kagome before you asked her to be your mate?” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
“About a month before I asked her to be my mate, she asked me about how demons mate,” Inuyasha answered.
“Okay,” Mrs. Higurashi answered.
Kagome came down before the others did.
“Hey Kagome, did you listen in to our conversation?” Inuyasha asked.
“Yeah I heard,” Kagome answered.
“Remember not to do that one thing, not until your married,” Mrs Higurashi added.
“Alright sure,” Kagome answered.