InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Friends ❯ Enter Sesshoumaru ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 12:
Enter Sesshoumaru

He had caught Naraku's scent once again. And he is in pursuit, once again. He left Rin in Jaken's protection, once again. It wasn't long until he seen who it was. It was either Naraku himself, or one of his clones. Kanna, and Kagura on his right, and Kohaku on his left. He had decided a while ago that he'll ally with anyone that is an enemy of Naraku. To him Naraku wouldn't be a problem, if he didn't have so many servants. And, there was that undead wench that his half brother, Inuyasha is seems to be fond of. She seemed wounded, but had an arrow notched, and ready to fire. He landed right beside Kikyo.

"Who are you demon?" Kikyo yelled, pointing her bow at him.

"This is Sesshoumaru," he said, "Inuyasha's half brother".

"What is your purpose?" Kikyo replied.

"Same as yours," Sesshoumaru answered, "To destroy Naraku".

Sesshoumaru drew his Toukijin.

"What do you want? Kikyo ordered.

"Two things," Naraku answered.

"Which are?" Sesshoumaru replied.

"To inform Lady Kikyo that her reincarnation, Kagome is dead," Naraku answered, "And, to remove a threat".

"Which one?" Sesshoumaru said, "Naraku has so many enemies, that if all of them together teamed up, he and all of his servants wouldn't stand a chance".

"You have no clue what Naraku can do, and what he has planned for you," Kagura replied.

'Damn it, it's just a clone," Sesshoumaru thought, "Wench, that's not Naraku, there is no sense fighting".

"That's to late to escape!" Kagura yelled, "Dance of Blades!". As soon as she used her attack, many demons came out from hiding.

“How pathetic,” Sesshoumaru said, after both him and Kikyo avoided the attack. “Can't Naraku do his own work himself?”

“That's his way,” Kikyo answered, “The way of the coward”.

“Just destroy the demon army,” Sesshoumaru said, “And I'll take care of the reincarnation, the boy, and the puppet”.

Kikyo fired an arrow directly in the largest concentration of demons, taking a number down. Sesshoumaru charged directly at the puppet.

“Your over your head,” Kagura said, “Dance of Blades”.

Sesshoumaru used the energy blast from his sword, to deflect Kagura's attack. It stopped it alright. It went right through the dance of blades and straight at Kagura. Kanna stepped in, and used her mirror to deflect the energy blast right at Sesshoumaru.

“What the?” Sesshoumaru said, as he jumped up and over the energy blast. He looked back to see if Kikyo survived. “Damn it”. She was hit cleanly, from behind.

“I forgot that you've never faces Kanna in battle,” Kagura said, “Interesting weapon, don't you think?”

'I got to act fast,' Sesshoumaru thought. He charged in and went straight for Kagura. Blade ready to strike, Kohaku swung his chain sickle, and it wrapped around the Toukijin. Kohaku pulled on it with everything he had expecting to be pulled of his feet. Sesshoumaru, went for a different option, he just let go of the Toukijin. Kohaku used to much force and was falling over. He didn't fall completely over, Sesshoumaru used his whip, and it latched on his leg. Sesshoumaru swung Kohaku around he flew right into Kanna. Kohaku bounced a couple meters away from Kanna. Kanna, and Kohaku just stayed there and didn't move.

"Dance of Blades," Kagura yelled. Sesshoumaru had been hit, a couple blades hit him, and he stumbled a little bit. But regained his composure, and started avoiding the attack. He moved towards his sword, and almost there. Kagura's attack finished and the Naraku clone got in between. It sent its tentacles right at Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru leapt up and landed un the chest of the clone, clawed him, and jumped again. Right behind the puppet. He went straight for his sword, he lifted it up and used it's energy attack at close range at the puppet. The puppet exploded.

"Just you and the demon army remain," Sesshoumaru said, "Just leave, and I'll let you live".

Going to grab Kanna, and Kohaku. She grabbed Kanna, but Sesshoumaru got in the way of getting Kohaku. "Take him out," Kagura ordered.

"If they can catch me," Sesshoumaru answered. Sesshoumaru picked up Kohaku, and ran off. The demon army couldn't keep up. He inevitably escaped. He took a sniff, and the only ones within a fair range was the demon army. So Sesshoumaru hid Kohaku. He raced towards the demon army, at its bulk. He ended up being surrounded, by the demon army.

"Now is your day to die," Kagura said, "Demons attack!"

"Afraid not," Sesshoumaru answered. The army of demons charged right at Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru waited to the last second, "Dragon Strike!" Sesshoumaru used it. The most the Toukijin could use. It didn't take long and the demon army was destroyed. Kagura retreated with Kanna. Sesshoumaru went back to Kohaku's location. He picked him up and returned back to Kikyo. Once he got there, he drew his Tenseiga. And swung at Kikyo. Kikyo was revived, and wasn't half dead either. She was completely alive. “Do you see the jewel shard in the boys back?”

“Yeah,” Kikyo replied, “Why?”. She asked as she took it out.

“To bring him back to life,” Sesshoumaru answered as he swung the Tenseiga. And brought Kohaku back to life.

“Where am I?” Kohaku asked.

“Does it matter?” Sesshoumaru answered, “You're free of Naraku's control, and will be seeing your sister soon”.

“Okay,” Kohaku replied, “I have another question, why did you bring me back to life”.

“Many reasons,” Sesshoumaru answered.

”Which are?” Kohaku asked.

“Rin would be depressed if I left you dead,” Sesshoumaru answered, “And, I've decided to revive anyone who dies fighting against Naraku”.

“Where is Rin?” Kohaku asked.

Sesshoumaru just turned ands started walking. “Priestess, if you want, you can come with us? It's better than trying to fight Naraku alone”.

“Alright, sure,” Kikyo said, “Only until Naraku is dead though”.

“Fair enough,” Sesshoumaru answered.

They traveled to Keade's village after that, once they rejoined Rin, Jaken, and Ah Un. Rin was happy that Sesshoumaru freed Kohaku. They had traveled a long distance to find Naraku, and it took a month to get back. In that time, a couple incidents happened. And Sesshoumaru and Kikyo became quite fond of each other. Kikyo, even though being a cold person, warmed the even colder heart.

(A/N): If I got the wrong sword using the 'Dragon Strike'. In Inuyasha III, when Sesshoumaru fought Inuyasha, it was the Toukijin, and against Sounga, it was the Tenseiga.