InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different.

-X-

Kagome awoke to the sounds of her father’s shouting. Thinking it was only something Kagura had done, she mumbled incoherently and shoved her head under a pillow.

Then she realized something. No one was shouting back…’It must be someone’s mother…’ She smiled grimly. All of her father’s children he loved more than anything. Unfortunately he had gotten women, who hadn’t wanted the children they had let alone another, pregnant. He was constantly fighting with on of the three women or lawyers.

She shook her head at her poor father and got up; preparing for the school day ahead.

“Aww, shit! I’m gonna be late!”

She frantically got dressed and smelled her hair to see if it was alright. It sill had the faint scent of her conditioner; she deemed it worthy for the day.

Walking out of her room, books in hand, she smacked into Kagura.

“Watch where you’re going little sister.” She helped Kagome gather her things. Absent-mindedly she wiped at her tear stained face.

‘Why is Kagura crying? She usually never does…What’s going on?’

Kagura smiled brightly at her younger sister. Relishing in every moment they had left together.

‘Why can’t I stay with you, Daddy, and Kikyou?’ She asked a silent question that she would probably never have answered.

“You better be getting to school.” She gently scolded. “You wouldn’t want to miss already would you?”

“What about you? Aren’t you going to be late too?” She retorted, folding her arms over her chest.

“No.” The elder girl smiled smugly. “I’m a senior, today is mandatory tutor day…” Her little sister gave her a defeated look before nodding and hurrying on her way.

Kagura’s heart pained as she watched Kagome leave.

‘I’m going to miss you dear little sister…I do hope you can live without me…’

Kagura and Kikyou had always been Kagome’s sources for comfort or advice. Seeing as how Kagome and Kikyou were on ill terms right now, she had recently been turning to Kagura. True, she had her own problems she chose not to share, but Kagura had slowly been working on that. She wanted nothing but for the best for Kagome. She had spent fifteen years of her life with that girl, and her entire life with her elder sister, Kikyou, now she would have to leave them all behind for at least a year.

‘A year in a living hell…To only visit on holidays and special occasions…A year with my Mother…’

-X-
How was that? While I’m at my mother’s house I can’t update as often as when I’m at my father’s. My cousins stay here everyday and we are not on good terms with each other…So we end up getting in trouble a lot. So…Yes, I hope to be able to update soon. Please review and it may encourage me to update more. Thank you!

Steffanie