InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Story ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Story


Summary: Kagome is an intelligent girl going through the struggles of being a teenager. Her sisters are Kikyou and Kagura. She loves them with all of her heart, but wishes things to be different.

-X-

Okay, for those who have FF.net, they know that I’m having difficulty with the updates…And it took me nearly two hours to email everyone…So here’s the update before my birthday.

Now apparently MM.org is giving me troubles…Well this is just starting to really bug me!
-X-

This is it!?” Her eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets from being so wide. She had never seen a house anywhere near the size of the one she was looking at now.

They got out of the car and began walking up the path leading to the front door. The girl opened her mouth to inquire something but the front door swinging open caused her to turn her attention to it. A little girl came rocketing out of the front door and latched herself to the hanyou.

“Inuyasha!! Rin missed you!” A beaming smile appeared on her face as she hugged his jean-clad leg tightly.

“Hey Rin.” He patted her head. “I missed you too. Invite us in?” Immediately she backed off and bowed politely. She looked so cute that Kagome couldn’t help but giggle. The girl shot her a startled glance; she ran into the house yelling for her father.

He led her in the house and towards the living room.

“Oh my gosh! Is she your niece?! She’s adorable!!” She squealed and clapped her hands. He laughed and motioned for her to sit down; she complied.

“Yup. She doesn’t look like her father though.” He sat down next to her.

“She looks like her mom, ya mean?” He looked around sharply and put his hand over her mouth.

“Don’t mention her mother!” He hissed out. She nodded quickly and mumbled an apology against his hand.

He made a sound that sounds oddly like a giggle. He pulled his hand away.

“That tickled!”

“I swear, if you weren’t a guy- I would have said you just giggled!”

He scowled and looked away. “I did not giggle.”

“On the contrary little brother, it did sound like a giggle.”

Kagome’s blood ran cold at the sound of the voice.

‘That’s so familiar…Where have I heard it before?’ She turned to see the owner of the voice. ‘So familiar…What’s his name? Where do I know him from? Why does he bother me?’

Inuyasha’s scowl stayed in place.

“Sesshomaru, Kagome, Rin.” He pointed to each in turn. The older, known as Sesshomaru, nodded whilst Kagome stared. The little girl giggled, a real giggle, ran over, and jumped on the unsuspecting girl’s lap.

“Rin likes you. You’re pretty.” She smiled happily at the little girl, amused at her childish innocence. So many questions were running through her mind.

‘Where do I know him from?’

“Sesshomaru is you…KAGOME!?”

“Kagome!? What the hell are you doing here?!”

“I could ask you the same!”

“Wait, you two know each other?” The hanyou looked from one girl to the other. He didn’t even know the girl.

“She’s my little sister.” The older demon raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t know you had a sister…” She scoffed.

“I have three.”

“This pretty lady is your sister, Kagura?” She laughed at the little girl.

“If you think Kagome here is pretty, you should see my older sister. She’s a sight!”

‘Why does she always do that!? Always comparing me to Kikyou, with her always being the better of us!?’

Inuyasha noticed the sudden down mood that had befallen Kagome.

“Hey, Kags, I have an idea, come on!” He grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet, allowing Rin to slide to the floor.

“Where’re you going Uncle Inu?!”

“Come on Rin, you can come to!” He shot the two remaining a ‘come on’ glance and led the way.




The girl yawned as she towel-dried her hair. Apparently, the boy’s idea of fun had been to shove both girls into the pool while they were still clothed. Of course, however, that hadn’t stopped them from continuing swimming.

So, now here she was, in one of her new friend’s brother’s many bathrooms, with wet hair, soaked clothes, and wearing a borrowed set of clothes.

She yawned again and glanced at the clock.

“Damn, nearly 11:00.” She wandered back to the living room.

There they said their goodbyes, and she and Inuyasha left with promises to Rin that she would come back.

She slept the whole way home; until the hanyou had to wake her to ask her where she lived.

‘So, that would make it about 3:30...God, I hope Dad’s in bed!’

“Thank you for letting me come with you Inuyasha. I don’t think I’ve had this much fun in a while.” She smiled genuinely at the boy as she exited the car.

“Don’t forget- Anytime, you can talk to me!”

“I know!” She smiled again and walked to her house. Before she could open the door, it was yanked open from the inside.

“Young lady- where have you been!? I’ll have you know, Sango and Miroku called looking for you tonight! You should know better!!”




How was that? I’m getting really angry with FF for not letting me update!

Steffanie