InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kokoro no Ai ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Writer's Corner:

Well, I bet you're all wondering what's happened to Sango's feelings for Miroku... Well, THEY HAVEN'T GONE ANYWHERE! WAHOO! Lol...

Plus, This is going to be a VERY long story and it might be a little bit slow moving but you have to pay attention to details because I might just throw an unexpected curve atcha! BWA HA HA HA HA!

Oh lordy! I'm sounding like dah devil today... I'm sorry! Well, onto the chapter!

Ah yes, just for a warning there is some limey-ness in here so if it offends you BEWARE OF THE EVIL FRUITINESS!

Chapter Five:

"Okaa-san!" Sango looked down the dirt path in front of her hut to see a little boy with stunning, all too familiar violet eyes running towards her. She let out a pleased laugh, matching the high-pitched childish one her son let out as she scooped him into her arms and settled him on her hip, kissing him noisily on his cheek. "Ewwww, Kaa-san! That sound is gross!"

"No," she told him with a practical and patient smile. "It's special. The louder I kiss you, you become more special to me because..." she trailed off, looking at him expectantly, waiting for him to finish her sentence. The little boy, blushed and sighed, wrapping his arms around Sango's neck.

"I'm your only little son," he replied, groaning loudly when the tajiya smacked him another good and wet one of his forehead. "No! No!" he squealed, struggling in her arms to get away from her. Sango let out a warm chuckle and let him romp onto the ground and into the hut.

"Kaa! Kaa!" Another little voice sounded from a smaller distance. The mother of the child looked around to see her little daughter sitting on the ground playing with small cloth made doll that had been filled up with rice grains and then sewed together. The girl dropped her doll, her dark eyes pining her mother as her fine looking hair glimmered in the sunlight. She then held out her arms, wanting to be picked up.

Sango smiled down at her little daughter who was only one and picked her up, snuggling her against her chest, kissing the soft fluff that was her hair. She sighed and grinned at the contented laugh her little girl let out.

"Sango," a rich voice, that made her heart flutter, reached her ears next and she turned to see the man she loved staring at her, the sun behind him, only revealing his outline. She licked her lips and set down her daughter at the entrance of the hut before she ran towards him and threw her arms around his neck, feeling the warmth that was him in her arms. He stumbled back a step because he had not been fully prepared for the sudden jolt but let out an awkward chuckle and locked his arms around her soft, slender form.

"Miroku," she whispered, breathing in the scent of his skin, the smell of light soap emerging from it. She drew her head back from where it was on his chest and looked into his lovely violet eyes, taking in every nuance of him before she boldly kissed him, whimpering softly in disbelief against his lips.

"Oi Sango," he whispered huskily, squeezing her lightly on her bottom as he drew back, his visage full of amusement. The mischievous smirk that had been present earlier still lingered on his lips as he brushed his thumb across her lower lip gently. "If I would have known that you were going to throw a celebration for me when I returned from the bath, I would have left on a journey a while ago to return for a wonderful time tonight..." He laughed naughtily as his warm breath tickled her ear.

"Hm?" Sango asked him innocently, drawing back from his lean body to smile at him coyly. "What did you want husband?" She added, giggling. Miroku sighed and shook his head as he intertwined his arm around her slim waist, squeezing her side. The tajiya gasped and stiffened, her eyes going to his face to see one violet eye close for a split second wink.

"Let's go inside," he told her softly, helping to lead her towards the recent hut that they had built together along with the help they had received from Inuyasha and Kagome. Their three-room hut was suitable but not as fancy as Miroku would have liked for his dear Sango, but she insisted that she did not mind. Just being with him pleased her far more than an expensive, rich palace ever could.

Sango sighed deeply as she dressed for bed, sliding her yukata over her slim, toned body as she prepared to lie down on the futon that was stationed on the floor. After situating herself on the mattress, she would wait for her dear husband and possibly... Oh... Very bad thoughts, she told herself, her cheeks blushing thoroughly, even though he is my husband and we have done this before...

Miroku pushed the cloth that acted as the door to their small room out of the way as he tore into the room, his eyes scanning over her form in delight. "The children are asleep," he told her, winking at her as his eyes narrowed to enthrall the seduction. He cleared his throat and slowly sat down on the futon beside his lovely wife and smiled down at her, his hand reaching for hers as he pulled her into a sitting position.

Sango leaned into his touch as his hand wandered into her hair, his fingers loosening the tie that bound her beautiful ebony hair. He then let out a sound that could have been associated as a groan as he leaned forward, his eyes closing when her arms crept up his torso to grip the section of his clothing that cloaked his chest. "Kami-sama... You are so beautiful," he whispered, his voice full of emotion and lust as he opened his eyes and held her face in his hands, kissing her deeply on the lips, his tongue sliding into the depths of her mouth.

"Mm, Miroku," Sango breathed into his mouth, breaking away from his mouth for air as she panted, her head tilting back as he kissed her neck gently and lovingly. Her hands wandered up his neck to his small ponytail and she pulled the rubber band that secured his unruly, dark hair. She delved her hands into his black tresses, gasping and stiffening when he ran his hand over the arch of her back and to the seat of her buttocks.

"Sango," he said, his voice tender and yet rough at the same time. He undid the ties of yukata, the soft material started to slide down her shoulders on its own accord and he drew back to take in her lovely form. He then started to push her down towards the futon until the cry of a baby pierced the air. The couple's perfect and romantic fantasies were tossed out the window as the wail continued to sound.

"I'll get her," Sango told her husband in disappointment as she drew her yukata up over her shoulders again, slipping her arms more securely through the sleeves, kissing him on the forehead in apology.

"Damned children," Miroku mumbled, waggling his eyebrows at Sango before she left the room to go to the baby. The tajiya shook her head while she strolled down the short hall, entering her daughter's room.

"Kaa!" Her little girl cried from the crib. Sango walked to the small `cradle' that Kagome had given her from her future time period and saw her daughter struggling and sobbing from under her blanket. She reached to move it and let out a muffled cry as her hand clasped over her mouth in horror.

Sango's heart pounded in her ears as her eyes beheld the child before her. Silver hair... twitching fluffy puppy ears... golden eyes... This baby was not her child! "Kaa!" The baby screamed again.

"No..." The young woman uttered in disbelief and shock, licking her lips as she reached towards the hanyou baby that was lying in the cradle. She was distracted when another voice sounded from behind her. "Where is my daughter?" she asked herself, feeling her anxiety wash through her body entirely.

"Kaa-san? What is it?" Her sleepy boy asked from behind. Sango whirled to face her son, gasping her heart thudding mercilessly in her chest. She let out another shrill cry of alarm when she saw the same hair, eyes and ears that her little daughter had taken on as well.

"What is going on?" She shouted in confusion and shock as her impossibly wide eyes looked passed her son and to her daughter again.

"Kaa-san! What's wrong?" Her son called after her as Sango bolted from the room and scurried down the hall to try and gather her scattered thoughts and disturbed mind. Tears started to well up in her eyes but she choked them down. She had to find Miroku and show him what was going on. These hanyou couldn't be her children!

"Miroku!" Sango exclaimed as she dived into their bedroom and stood perfectly still when she saw that there was no Miroku currently occupying her bed but instead a larger mass that was hidden beneath the blankets. She swallowed and tip-toed towards the futon and bent down, her hand reaching for the covers but she let out a small sound of surprise when the being under the blankets that she sought to move shifted.

Suddenly, someone emerged from under the depths of the covers and she went mute in awe and disbelief. Her hand reached up to cover any that she might have said but couldn't bring herself to make sound. Two golden eyes pined her with a passion and fervor that she had never seen before. "S-Sesshomaru?" she stuttered, watching him as he moved towards her.

"Coming to bed, Sango?" His deep baritone voice rumbled as he reached out his hand for her and- -

"AH!" Sango cried, sitting up swiftly in her bed, her heart pounding in her chest. She sighed and caught her breath, looking to the other side of her futon to see little Rin sleeping soundly and was very pleased that Sesshomaru was not occupying her bed. Oh that was frightening... she thought in displeasure as she raked a hand through her sleep-mussed hair, wincing when she moved her sore neck just a bit too much.

The tajiya was brought from her ponderings when the little girl beside her reached for more blankets to warm herself from the chill in the hut caused by the coolness of the night. Sango smiled softly and tucked the girl in again, slowly getting out of the blankets to stare at the faint rays of sunlight that were leaking into the small house.

A muffled sigh passed Sango's lips while she dressed herself quietly in a plain beige kimono, her dark eyes watching Rin, hoping that she wouldn't wake her up from her peaceful sleep. She's such a cute and sweet girl, she thought tenderly, a smile perking at her lips as she ran her fingers through her sleep disheveled hair. She then tied her tapering black mane into a low ponytail carelessly as she swept the door to the hut out of the way to the outside.

Stretching her aching muscles and inhaling some of the crisp, cool morning air, the tajiya looked about herself. Kirara was sleeping soundly by the shaded side of the hut, her body curled into a ball. She must have eaten too much fish. Normally she is awake by this time of the morning, Sango mused as she continued to walk on towards the stream so she could wash her face.

Once she approached the bank, she realized that she wasn't alone in her endeavor. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Sesshomaru's tall and regal form stooped over and drinking from the stream. Her eyes took in every detail of his demon pride and she suddenly found herself having some trouble breathing regularly.

His eyes were closed and some of his hair had spilled over his shoulder into the stream, the long, threads of his pure white mane spreading out like tendrils in the water. The stripes on his cheekbones were also accentuated because of the contrast of his pale skin and hair. Sango licked her lips and inhaled deeply hoping to cure her light-headedness as she continued to observe the taiyoukai.

When had he become so handsome and beautiful? The tajiya wondered to herself, gasping when the Inuyoukai's eyes snapped open and his head turned in her direction. His golden orbs scorched her for a moment with intensity and irritation as they narrowed and he sat up, the portion of his hair that had been in the water dripping onto the green grass. He scooped up his damp hair and wrung it in a fluid motion, his eyes never leaving Sango's. It was as if he was gauging her reaction or waiting for her to pounce on him.

"It is impolite to stare," he told her finally, the short distance between them not masking the annoyance and aloofness of his voice. He rolled up to his feet in a graceful motion from his heels and started to walk in her general direction with such slowness that Sango feared that she had done something awful.

"My apologies," she quickly stated with a slight hint of sarcasm in her voice. She sent him an unsure look before she averted her gaze to the clear water of the stream and knelt to gather some in her cupped hands. As she did so, she found herself falling when something strong and forceful shoved into her back and sent her flying into the brook.

Spluttering with righteous confusion and anger, the tajiya looked up through her soaked curtain of hair to see Sesshomaru's mouth turned up in a wry, condescending half-smile. She wiped some water out of her eyes and was ready to demand why he had done such a thing to her when he let out a constrained, cruel chuckle. This confused Sango for she had never heard him do such a thing before, let alone ever thought he was capable of having a sense of humor.

"Looking like a wet dog suits you, human," he told her, his eyes flashing with brief humor when all traces of his half-smile had vanished. "It is also where you should be, paying your respects to this Sesshomaru on your knees."

Sango pined him with a thoughtful gaze for a moment and thought of a wonderful comeback. "Is that a compliment Inu no Taisho? You are a dog yourself after all," she shot back at him with no emotion in her voice, save for a bit of wry intellect. "It would be my pleasure to serve you," she added, making a small `woof' noise as she mock bowed to him.

"You bore me," The taiyoukai scoffed after a short period of silence in which he was wondering how she had come up with such a comeback. She is witty and I despise it, he thought in irritation. What had he agreed to the night before?

Sango shrugged her shoulders and climbed up the bank of the creek and sat on the grass slope, smoothing out her soaked clothing and twisted her hair along with the fabric of her dress to wring the water out. "Rin slept well last night, just in case you were wondering," Sango stated out of the blue, knowing that the Taiyoukai would probably have wanted to know. "In fact, she is still sleeping," she added, and stood up, turning around so she could face him.

Sesshomaru nodded slightly, his bangs ruffling slightly at the motion and Sango found herself mesmerized by it. She swallowed and gathered her bearings as she started off to go and change her clothes.

"The bodies of human females are much too scrawny. I do not understand how they bear children," the Taiyoukai said to no one in particular, even though the tajiya knew that the comment was directed towards her. It made her turn back and she stopped a moment to wonder what he was talking about. "They are nothing next to the figures of female youkai," he added before he headed towards the camp where his dragon and toad companions were still sound asleep.

Sango's brow scrunched in thought for a short amount of time before she looked down at herself and realized her beige dress, that was soaking wet, was completely see through and revealing everything in her woman nature. She gasped aloud and clasped her hands over her exposed breasts and stared in complete mortification after Sesshomaru who did not even spare a glance backwards.

Why-Why he... KAMI-SAMA! That's TWICE! She shrieked in her mind, her face nearly purple from embarrassment. Tearing back to the hut, the tajiya quickly stripped out of her soaking, see through kimono and changed into one the color of mahogany. There. At least when he pushes me into the water he will not be able to see anything, she thought in content. A small, soft yawn emitted from the little girl who had been sound asleep in her bed and a stab of guilt protruded her gut.

Creeping stealthily along the wall of the hall, a hanyou entered silently into a young woman's room unnoticed. Slowly, he strode over to her bed and ran his hand through her silky raven locks, smiling softly with pride gleaming in his amber eyes when she made a contented sound in her sleep.

. . .

"Kagome," Inuyasha whispered delicately into his slumbering mate's ear, shaking her relaxed form gently. "Kagome get up," His voice holding an edge of impatience.

"Mm... Just five more minutes," she moaned and rolled out of Inuyasha's reach, snuggling under the pink comforter that sheltered her mattress for more warmth and comfort. The hanyou let out a ragged sound of irritation and leapt from the bed, agilely landing on the carpeted floor with a huff. He exited her bedroom and bounded to the kitchen where he saw Kagome's mother and Grandfather busying themselves with morning chores.

The older woman's eyes brightened a bit when she saw the young man her daughter loved make his entrance into the kitchen. It's a bit early, isn't it? she thought to herself, glancing up at the clock for brief moments. Well, I suppose it's like Kagome says. Demons do not need much rest... She momentarily stopped tending to breakfast and paused to give him a warm smile as he poked around the room, his demon nose twitching wildly trying to identify the wondrous spices and scents that loomed all around him. "Ohayo, Inuyasha. Did you sleep well in Sota's room?" she asked him before she turned back to the rice that she was preparing.

Inuyasha's silvery ears perked for a moment while Mrs. Higurashi continued to fix the morning meal. He grunted and shrugged, watching as the older woman watched him out of the corner of her eye, her mouth turning up in a kind, amused smile. "The kid snores," he mumbled indifferently.

Kagome's mother laughed softly for a moment and walked up to Inuyasha, seeing that he was a bit red in the eyes, and shook her head patiently. She patted him on the shoulder comfortingly before she went across the room to the sink where she filled a pan with water. "He really only does that when he's had an exciting day. He must have been very pleased to see you. You did, after all; play with him at the park, try on clothes with him at the shopping center and played videogames with him until I sent you two to take a bath," the older woman said serenely in reply. "Thank you for bringing joy to both of my children, Inuyasha," she added before she gestured him out of the kitchen and into the den where Ji-chan was reading the paper.

The hanyou's cheeks flushed red for a moment at Mrs. Higurashi's touching words but he did his best to hide it when he entered the family room where Kagome's grandfather was watching him studiously over the top of his newspaper. "After Sota had commenced snoring, my young demon friend, you did not snoop around in my granddaughter's room... did you?" Grandpa Higurashi asked fiendishly, gauging the half-Inuyoukai's response.

"Keep your shirt on, old man. I slept out in the hall," came the heated, slightly embarrassed answer to the suggestive question. Inuyasha plopped down on a plump pillow by the dining table, propping his arm up on his knee to hold up his head as he started to brood.

"Good," came the clipped, impersonal reply. "So, I assume that you wish to return to the Sengoku Jidai today?" the old man started an attempt at conversation once again, seeing the hanyou shrug at his question. Grandpa Higurashi sighed and resumed reading his paper with interest as he broke off their speaking, making Inuyasha wonder if there was any relevancy to the question the old fart had asked.

From the kitchen, Mrs. Higurashi overheard Inuyasha say that he and Kagome would possibly be returning to the Feudal Era and she felt a bit crestfallen. These were now rare occasions when she was able to see her daughter. She worried her lower lip between her teeth for a moment as she thought of a way to keep Kagome here at least for one more day. She was feeling like she barely knew her daughter anymore.

As if on cue, Kagome entered the kitchen in her checked blue pajamas, her dark hair a mussed tangle as she yawned exaggeratingly. Inuyasha perked at the sound and was in the kitchen in an instant, acknowledging her presence. Mrs. Higurashi looked towards her daughter and saw the young woman sluggishly trudging along to get to the den where she could sit down.

"Good morning, dear," she said to her daughter who jumbled out a barely coherent form of `ohayo goziamas, okaa-san.'

"I've been up waiting for you," Inuyasha told Kagome in uncharacteristic excitement. Mrs. Higurashi smiled and crossed her arms as she observed the two as Kagome answered him with a drowsy `that's nice, Inuyasha.' He must have been bored and lonely being cooped up with a snoring Sota all night. She sighed pleasantly as she started to carry dishes in to the dining table. Ah, young love...

After Kagome had ingested some breakfast, and Inuyasha scarfed down his food as fast as he could, the young woman was more awake and in cheery spirits. She turned towards her mate and looked at him expectantly for a moment. "Tonight's the new moon, Inuyasha," she said gently, seeing him nod somewhat anxiously. "Are we going to stay here?" Before the hanyou could answer however, Kagome's mother took full advantage of that question.

"Oh, I do hope you two will be staying here!" She exclaimed and grabbed for Inuyasha's bowl, spooning him out another serving of rice with an overly happy smile upon her face. Kagome gulped, knowing what her mother was going to do. Guilt trip! The young woman though as she relaxed her upright posture a bit and looked pleadingly towards Ji-chan who was still pretending to read his newspaper.

"It would be so nice. You're hardly ever home anymore Kagome, and I think it would be a nice night to take Inuyasha out to downtown Tokyo. You should ride the subway. You could make it a date," she added with emphasis, her kind eyes turning on Inuyasha. "Doesn't that sound like something lovely to do on your human night? You haven't been out and about in our time since the second time you stayed here for the new moon," the older woman pressed, handing a distraught hanyou the filled bowl of rice, hoping it would seal the deal.

"Um..." Inuyasha stuttered, not really knowing what to say. He guessed he didn't have a choice, especially when Mrs. Higurashi's determination was leaking out of every single one of her features! He looked towards his mate, seeing her looking slightly pink in the cheeks as she stared at her mother. "Er... What do you wanna do, Kagome?" he asked her as he popped a chunk of rice in his mouth.

Kagome sighed and ran a hand over her mussed head as she gave in to her mother's wishes. "That's sounds great, mom! Thanks for the suggestion!" she replied, laughing a bit, hoping to lighten the mood. Ji-chan mumbled something from behind his paper and Kagome didn't quite catch it. She did, however, turn to see Inuyasha smiling somewhat as he shook his head.

. . .

"These are stupid," Inuyasha scoffed as he pulled on the white polo shirt and black jeans that Mrs. Higurashi had given him money to purchase at the store the day before. He grunted as he scratched at the tag beneath his heavy black locks in irritation. He glanced at himself in the `mirror' beside the `toilet'. He grinned smugly in the mirror and flexed his left arm and gasped, realizing how idiotic he must have looked, regaining his composure by scowling viciously. He then exited the bathroom that was conjoined to Kagome's room. He felt a bit sheepish because he was not used to the style of clothing humans wore in this era and also felt clumsy and daft because of his weakened senses. Kagome had been putting on her shoes, he supposed, for she was sitting on her carpeted floor with her one leg bent with the shoe on her one foot.

Kagome took in his handsome human appearance and smiled at him, motioning for him to sit beside her on the floor. She held out a pair of Reebok tennis shoes as he slowly strode over and popped a squat beside her. He stared at the sneakers for a moment before he steadily pulled the tongue of his right shoe up and went to put his foot inside. The young woman beside the human turned hanyou paused in her own method of dressing her feet as she watched him slide his feet into the white Reebok sneakers with ease. She was so proud of him for adapting and wearing shoes for their `date' as her mother had called it.

Ok, the damned things are now on my feet... but, I can't remember how to get them to stay, Inuyasha thought nervously as he felt some sweat beads mounting on his forehead. He felt Kagome's soft gaze upon him and experienced even more pressure. Damn it all! He really wanted to impress her and now he couldn't remember how to get the stupid foot contraptions to stay!

"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked him softly, leaning in to look at his shoes a bit before her eyes returned to meet his violet ones. "Do you need help tying your shoes?" she inquired gently so he would not have to retort proudly and feel like a fool. The young human man visibly relaxed his rigid posture and grunted stubbornly in annoyance, but the young woman knew that this was her invitation to help him.

"I didn't remember how to get them to stay," Inuyasha muttered lamely, his voice not as brisk and hoarse as it sounded when he was in his true state. He watched her slender fingers lace the ribbons together with ease, his feet now fitting snugly inside the tennis shoes comfortably (although he still wished they were bare). He sighed and inhaled as much of her delightful fragrance as possible with his human nose, noting that she had applied some `perfume' to her neck and behind her ears.

"There you go," Kagome told him cheerfully, mussing his thick, dark bangs a bit before she pressed a soft kiss to his forehead. Her lips lingered on his warm forehead for a moment before she drew back, sighing contentedly when he caressed his fingers along the planes of her face. "Are you ready to go?" she questioned him; straightening the collar of the pale polo shirt he was wearing. Man he looked good!

"Whatever," he mumbled as he rolled up to his feet, his lean body arching at the movement and Kagome marveled in it. He reached out his hand and awkwardly helped her up as he released her hand and they left her house together, walking along the street to get to the subway station.

. . .

"It's ok," Kagome whispered to Inuyasha, leaning on his shoulder as she gripped his hand to help give him support. His eyes were bloodshot and she could feel the tension radiating off of his currently rock hard body as he fought to keep it hidden. She was afraid that he was going to snap! "We're almost at the station," she added, rubbing her thumb across his knuckles, feeling some of the tightness that was wound so deeply in her unsure mate's body subside a bit.

A old woman standing beside the pair looked away from the moving sights of Tokyo to see the young man with lovely long, dark hair standing like a brick wall, looking like he was going to be ill. Her dark eyes clouded briefly as she reached over and tapped the young woman who was accompanying him on the shoulder. "Is he going to be all right?" she asked earnestly.

"Oh, he'll be fine. He just doesn't like subways," she replied, her voice sounding hurried and anxious as she felt Inuyasha unconsciously clench her hand more tightly than he had been. The hanyou turned human set his jaw into a more tense line as he swallowed deeply, the fast moving easing him a tiny bit. This car traveled faster than he could run, it seemed, and it was a bit nerve wrecking!

"Oh, that's too bad," the elderly woman said to Kagome, her aged, dark eyes observing the nervous and extremely tense Inuyasha with sympathy. "Young man," she said to him. The hanyou looked down to meet the old woman's eyes, feeling bile rise in his throat as the car continued to travel and shake. "A man who lives in an apartment with his wife a floor below me dislikes the subway also. He says it's far too fast and it makes him feel inadequate, or something or other," she chuckled for a moment when Inuyasha fixed her a look of confusion. Kagome listened in harder, seemingly interested in the kind of hag's story.

"Would you like some pocky, dear? I'm going to see my grandson and I do suppose I spoil him too much," she asked the young man who was looking a little bit more at ease than he had been moments before. She withdrew a pink pocky box from her purse and held out the treats to Inuyasha, who refused as politely as he knew how.

"No," he dismissed her, his voice gentle. The old woman understood and smiled at the two young people as the subway came to a slow halt. Kagome led Inuyasha safely out of the traveling car and saw that this stop was the old woman's as well.

"I do hope you two have a good time being young," the elderly woman called to them, waving as she walked in the opposite direction of the beaming lights emitting from downtown Tokyo. Kagome giggled as Inuyasha let out a heaving breath that seemed to have been holding away all of his emotions.

"Are you ok now?" Kagome asked him, sliding her arms around one of his muscular ones, cuddling into his as they walked along.

"What are you talkin' about `ok now'? I was fine the whole time," Inuyasha snapped defensively, his words lacking the fire of emphasis. Kagome let out a sober sounding sigh as she laid her head on his shoulder, the warmth of his skin beneath his clothes soothing her own anxiety about everything that was going on.

"That was a really nice old lady, don't you think?" the young woman asked her mate as they started walking down a brightly lit street that was crowded with busy people. Other couples were strutting around, stopping in at outdoor shops; children were running around with their mother's calling after them. Inuyasha was thankful that he did not have his sensitive demon senses for a moment for he realized that he would have been overwhelmed by all of the chaos and different smells.

The hanyou did not reply to Kagome's question but continued to observe their surroundings, feeling his muscles tense in the unfamiliar environment. "Hey, it's ok. Relax. No one is going to get you here," she told him in a soothing voice.

"Hmph," he muttered, as they continued to walk. Seeing his obvious discomfort, Kagome decided to direct them towards the park where it would be a bit quieter and a little more like the home that he was accustomed to. The lush greenery of the park seemed to sooth the hanyou turned human as Kagome released his arm to sit down on a bench, her eyes going to the pitch-blackness of the sky.

"This place is kinda like home," Inuyasha told her, his features softening a bit at the quiet atmosphere and seemingly fresher air. Kagome nodded at him, smiling softly as she gestured for him to sit down beside her. The young man shrugged and took a seat beside his mate, pausing for a moment to kick off his shoes and shed his socks. Kagome laughed out loud.

"You just couldn't wait to get those off, could you?" she giggled, wiping a tear that came to her eye.

"What?" he demanded, looking crossly towards her even though he was fairly amused that he had made her laugh uproariously. "The damned things are uncomfortable!" He shot back in his defense, grinning at her when she sighed and rested her head on his chest, the soothing sound of his strong heartbeat calming her. He wrapped his arm around her and found his fingers twirling around in her hair idly.

"Your heartbeat... is so nice," she whispered as she closed her eyes for a moment, relishing in the soft thud and vibration that was emitting from his chest. Inuyasha let out a grunt for a second but tightened his affectionate hold on her. Kagome's eyes fluttered open when she heard soft voices also speaking in the distance. She sat up and looked down a pathway to see two figures strolling along the park, hand in hand.

"Well, it looks like they're doing the same thing we are," the young woman said in a flattered voice as the couple drew closer. There was a rich, feminine laugh that struck home in both the hanyou and the miko as they stiffened immediately. "I-Inuyasha?" Kagome stuttered as the figures continued to draw closer, the woman's appearance become clearer, along with that of her partner's.

"Yeah... That sounded like Sango," he told her, straining his human violet eyes as best he could to make out what the woman looked like. He took in a confused, shaky breath but covered his bewilderment by scoffing about it. "It's her all right," he told Kagome matter-of-factly. The young woman leaned forward a bit for closer scrutinize furthermore.

The woman had long ebony hair that was tied back in a low ponytail and her dark, luminous eyes were shining in happiness and contentment. She laughed again at something the man with elbow length raven hair said to her and cuddled into his arm for a moment. Kagome's eyebrows fixated together in confusion as she continued to watch the two. Who is that man? She wondered, unable to decipher his appearance with such little provided light.

"Is... Is that possible?" she thought aloud, completely stunned as the woman came closer and bent down to tie her shoe. "Wouldn't she... be dead by this era?"

"That makes sense to me," Inuyasha told her, before he let out a sound of alarm as he watched the tall, muscular man who was walking with `Sango'. "Look at him," he ordered his mate, his eyes staring in disbelief as the couple who they had been observing passed the bench that they were sitting on.

As soon as the Sango who was in this era and the man who had accompanied her were out of sight, Kagome covered her hand over her mouth, trying to put the pieces together. "That was Sesshomaru! Only... he looked like a human!" she exclaimed, her voice muffled as she continued to speak through her hands. "What's going on?"

Inuyasha stayed silent for a moment, mulling the matter over in his head silently. He leaned forward and rested his head on his hand as his thick, dark eyebrows knitted together with thought. This had to have something to do with the Shikon jewel, he mused.

But what? Weren't he and Kagome going to collect the rest of the jewel? Why was this not making any sense?

"Inuyasha, do you think this has to do with Sango going off on her own?" the young woman beside him asked, genuine concern apparent in her sweet voice as well as her serene chocolate colored eyes. His violet eyes met her dark brown ones and he admitted something that Kagome almost never heard him fess up to.

"I don't know," he answered, taking her hand. "But we'll figure it out when we go back," he told her, his toes going to play in the long blades of grass that sprouted beneath the bench they were sitting on. Kagome sighed and leaned against Inuyasha's warm shoulder, trying to calm her thoughts and enjoy the rest of the night with her mate.

Writer's Corner:

End of chapter! Dun dun dun... What are Sango and Sesshomaru doing in the present and why does Sesshomaru look like a human? Well, your questions will be answered in due time! Also, I hope you all enjoyed the Inuyasha and Kagome stuff I put in here. I thought it was time for a change of scenery.

Luv,

RayJay