InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Letters ❯ Misunderstanding ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Thank you all for your reviews! I read ALL of them and take every one to thought and mind. Thank you all so much, you all don't know how much your reviews mean to me, oh.

AYUMI H,PLEEEEEEEEEASE UPDATE "ASYLUM PARTNERS" I totally loooooooooooooooooooooooooove that story! Please do it, for me? **puppy dog eyes**

I highly recommend you guys read that story, but those sensitive to Suicidal things should take it with a grain of salt.

On with the story-

Chapter 10 - Misunderstanding

It had to have been after midnight, but I was jolted out of my sleep by a screaming Kagome, who jumped out of bed and started to cry hysterically. I ran over to her, myself in a panic. She looked at me a screamed, trying to get away from me.

"Kagome? Kagome! It's me! It's Inuyasha! You are okay!"

She finally stopped and looked at my eyes.

"Inu…yasha?"

"Uh-huh"

Then she grabbed me and started to cry into my shoulder.

"I was so afraid… I was so…"

I picked her up bridal style and sat down on the bed, setting her on my lap and cradling her. She began to calm down and held on to me tightly.

"It's ok, Kagome, it was just a nightmare. You're safe. Shhhhh…I'm here"

He cradled me as his strong arms. He didn't know he was what I had the nightmare about. He had glowing, red eyes and was hunting me down. I tripped and right as he was slicing me with his claw, I flew out of bed. As he shushed me, I held him tightly. I felt so safe! I calmed down and began to enjoy his warmth. I was disappointed that he laid me down by his side. He lied on his side and drew me into him, holding me. I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep to the comforting rhythm of his heart and to him running his fingers up and down my back.

I held her there, in my arms, protecting her from whatever monster was in her dream. She fell asleep fairly quickly, which made me feel good. It meant she felt safe and comforted by me. Her smell was so sweet too my nose. I don't know why, but even though I was the one doing the comforting, I felt safe with her. Her warmth and smell made me feel comforted. This girl. It's been almost a month since she's joined me here. I knew she was special the first time I saw her. The way she walked into the ballroom. Even though most guys would find her plain and ordinary, the fools, I saw her as a gorgeous, loving and touching woman. This woman…my wife… I looked down at her sleeping, her face snuggled into my chest. She was mine and mine only. This never really crossed my mind, but now, every step in life I take, she'll be there. When I rule as king, she'll be…my queen. Right then, I was able to tell myself that tomorrow, after dinner…I will confess my love to her…

~*~

This day was a time to be happy. I was going to confess my true feelings to my wife. Of course my other side still haunted me. I was on my way to the bath to get clean, when my father stopped me.

"The servants have informed me they have seen no evidence on your sheets yet. What's the matter, boy?"

I got a bit annoyed,

"Look, that is none of your business! We will when we are ready! You can't throw 2 strangers together and expect that from them right off!"

"Well, boy, my patience has hit rock bottom. It's been near a month! I feel it's necessary for me to intervene."

I snarled,

"What?"

He looked me right into the eyes and said,

"Starting today, you have 4 weeks to get that girl pregnant!"

"WHAT?!!!!!!!"

"You heard me boy! One month as your princess will be locked in the tower and you will be sent to that Institute in France."

I growled at him,

"Teme…."

"Well, I would work extra hard on this relationship of yours."

Then he began to walk away,

"I hope to hear good news soon. And whatever you do, DO NOT forget to mark her. I made that mistake and paid dearly for it."

I watched him walk off. That's right. My mother was human. She died from old age because my father and I age so slow, but if I mark Kagome, She will live as long as I, which the usual lifespan for a hanyou was 220 years old, and I don't know of any humans over 60. But how I'm supposed to mark her is so…It sends shivers down my spine. But I just thought about this evening.

~*~

After dinner, I told Sango to tell Inuyasha that I was going to brush and clean Starlight. I went down to the stable with my new horse care supplies. I always made sure he was clean and healthy. I take him out for riding near every day. I reached the stable and as always, Kouga was there to greet me.

"Good evening, Highness."

"Good evening, Kouga-kun."

I'd always chirp happily. Starlight heard me as well as he gave me a happy "Nay".

"Yes! Hello to you to, Starlight!"

I got beside him and began to comb his hair. As I was combing, my hand slipped and I cut my finger.

"Ouch!"

I yelled. Kouga looked around the wall of the stall.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine, Kouga-kun"

"But I smell blood"

"I got a small cut, that's all, really."

Kouga came towards me,

"Really, I should….Whoa!"

Kouga tripped over the bucket and fell right on top of me in the hay.

I was extremely overjoyed, but nervous to tell Kagome my feelings. Sango told me she was down at the stable, so I decided to go and retrieve her, with a smile on my face, I turned the corner to see the horrid sight. Kouga, the stable, on top of Kagome. I felt my heart fall on the ground. I was numb. I couldn't think. I wanted to run. And that's what I was about to do when I bumped into Miroku. He grabbed me,

"Inuyasha? Inuyasha! What is it?"

I punched him and pushed him to the ground,

"Don't you tell anyone that I've left, and if anyone asks…I'm hunting…"

He gave me a sympathetic look and in an outburst of emotion, I ran…just ran.

"Kouga, Um, you can get off now." I said nervously as he just stayed there.

He finally got up and we both blushed.

"My cut's fine, I promise"

"I'm sorry, highness! The bucket…I"

"It's okay Kouga/ As long as it was an accident."

As Kouga sheepishly walked away, I spotted Miroku. He looked like he was sad. I all of a sudden got a very cold shiver down my back.

~*~

"It's been 3 days, Miroku-san! Where is Inuyasha! He's not gone this long just to go hunting!"

"Highness, that's what he told me to tell you!"

Then I came to a realization, Inuyasha lied and has gone away on his own. Miroku saw something in my look.

"Kagome? Highness?"

"What did I do for him to do this? It has to be something I have done."

"Well… Um…"

I eyed him.

"So it was something I did…"

Miroku looked like he wanted to run, but he just said,

"I think Inuyasha saw you and Kouga in the hay the other night."

All of a sudden I felt my whole world come crashing down.

"He did? I saw you! You saw! Didn't you tell him the truth!?"

"HE was long gone before I could tell him."

I had tears running down my cheeks, but I got an idea.

"Which way did he go?"

I think Miroku sensed something because all of a sudden he got a smile.

"It looked like he was heading east."

"To the Mystic cave?"

"Most likely, that's his favorite spot to be alone."

I felt a strike of sadness,

"But I can't hold my breath for that long! I…"

"There are air pockets…"

My eye brow twitched,

"Air…pockets?"

"You can find them by swimming at the ceiling of the tunnel."

"Did Inuyasha know about these?"

"I don't know. I know from being there a few times."

I was feeling dizzy but all of a sudden, with out hesitation, I ran out onto the terrace and yelled down,

"Kouga! Get Starlight ready for me to ride!"

"As you wish, Princess!"

Miroku grabbed my shoulders,

"Are you sure that's okay? Shouldn't I go with you, it's a two day ride!"

"Don't worry, Miroku-san, I used to go out into the woods for weeks on end. I'll be fine!"

I got out of his grip and ran down to the stable, where I mounted and rode away on Starlight.

"Please wait for me, Inuyasha!"

~*~

I rode for about 14 hours before the sun sat and it was time to make camp. Starlight was being spooked by the sounds of wolves, but this was a plentiful year for food, so I had no worries about any coming around for any reason except curiosity. I made a fire and rolled up the blanket that was on Starlight's back for my pillow. The night would be chilly, but the fire I made was good and strong, so I was pretty cozy for sleeping on the ground. Most princesses I know wouldn't ever dream of doing such a thing, but I wasn't most princesses. I thought about Inuyasha, in fact there wasn't one second since I left that he wasn't on my mind. I thought about the night of the ball and afterwards the talk that was pretty fun. Then I got a shiver up my spin thinking about his looks. He WAS in fact the most gorgeous man on the face of this earth. His long silver hair that would look like freshly fallen snow in the moonlight. His amber eyes that had a life of their own. They could always talk alone, without any words. His cute, soft ears. Then I thought about his touch, the carefulness and gentleness just recently he had shown, like when I had my nightmare. I missed him horribly. I didn't care if he was angry at me…for no reason he will soon learn… I just wanted to see him. And with that thought, I finally fell asleep.

~* ~

Then came the part I absolutely dreaded. The lake. Starlight was fast, but not fast enough to skim over water. It was a long swim, but I looked down at both ends of the lake. It would be faster to swim acrossed. Thank goodness horses were great swimmers. I dismounted and lead Starlight to the water, but even on this warm day, the water was quite chilly. It took a great deal of coaxing before both of us were in the water. I grabbed Starlight's reins as we swam acrossed. It was a very long swim, but the thought of getting to Inuyasha powered me. Starlight swam ahead and started to drag me. He was actually enjoying the swim! It took us at least a half an hour to swim acrossed. When we got out, I gave Starlight a rest, knowing that swimming is more straining then running. After a good 2 hour rest, it was time to start ahead again. We rode off.

~*~

We reached the cave just as the sun was reaching the western horizon. I dreaded seeing Inuyasha, knowing that he'd be cross with me, but just to see his face made me work hard.

"Wait here Starlight, there is some good grass just outside."

Talking to him like he would understand what I was saying. I looked at the dark waters.

"Here we go."

I got in and swam against the wall. It took me a few "on the count of 3"s before I finally went under. I found the cave and immediately swam inside, not wasting any time or air. I was panicking that in the pitch black I did find any air pockets, but right as I began to see stars, I reached one. I kept my legs back so I knew which way to swim. It was a great thing I wasn't claustaphobic or scared of the dark as I would be a basket case because it was pitch black. After a very large breathe, I when under again. After 5 air pockets, I finally saw light. I slowly surfaced, and sure enough, Inuyasha was curled up in a corner. I slowly got out of the water and when I began to walk towards him…

"What the hell are you doing here?"

He snapped without looking at me.

"I came too…too find you."

I felt sick. I didn't want her near me! She shouldn't… I heard her walk closer. I stood up and whipped around,

"I wouldn't get any closer if I were you."

She looked miserable. Good. Then she said,

"I know what you saw and think but you have it all wrong…"

"Oh, that you rather be with Kouga then me."

"He tripped and fell on accident!"

I sneered at her.

"That was the worst lie I've ever heard."

She showed me the cut on her finger,

"I cut my finger on the comb and when he came over to see, he tripped over the bucket and let me tell you, if he did that on purpose, he probably wouldn't be walking for a while."

Her voice was stern and their was no scent of lying.

"I don't smell any lies…You are telling the truth…"

She smiled and nodded, tears about to escape her eyes. I smiled at her with a relieved smile, but then she did something I didn't really expect, she ran towards me with open arms yelling,

"I was so worried!"

When she reached me, she accidentally knocked both of us into the water. After we surfaced, I couldn't help it, I pulled her to me and kissed her. I held her tightly against my body, at first she was in shock, but she fell into it. She then deepened the kiss as we began to get a bit sultry. She broke off held me. I nuzzled into her neck, then whispered into her ear,

"I love you…"

I leaned back and looked into my eyes in shock. I continued,

"…I love you more then you would ever know"

After a moment of looking into eachother's eyes before she nuzzled my neck and whispered,

"And I also love you more then you'll ever know."

I pulled her back and engaded her into another long, deep kiss. After a while, she broke it and swam off. At first I was embarrassed that I did something wrong, but then she splashed me. I looked at her in shock and she giggled. She saw the mischief in my eyes as I came to attack her. She screamed and tried to swim away, but I caught her. She was laughing and squirming; she slipped free and swam under. We both had our eyes open, she we saw each other, I chased her as she swam around me. We played around for a while before I was craving for her. I caught her and kissed her, hard and deep. We surfaced and I began to kiss her like I never knew could be done.

"Are you sure you haven't done this before?"

She asked. I laughed and out of breathe said,

"I'm just doing what my body tells me to."

She looked into my eyes and whispered,

"Well, keep doing it."

We got really brave with eachother and we got on shore and I pinned her to the ground while kissing on her neck, but thought of something I looked into her eyes and asked,

"Are we going to…"

She looked nervous and scared at first, but slowly she smiled and nodded. She looked concerned when I sat up and went pale.

"What's wrong? Are you scared? We don't have too…"

"No, believe me, I want it! I want you more then anything, but before we go any further, I have to mark you."

She got a confused look,

"Mark me?"

I faced her and drew her hair back away from around her neck and touched her jugular.

"Youkai mark eachother so if one dies, the other will too, but with humans, it's mainly so you can live my lifespan, but I have to bite you right there…It's going to hurt, then sting, then you will feel dizzy for a few seconds, but it also intensifies the whole experience of…you know…"

She went pale and looked down in thought. I felt sad about how sad and scared she looked, but her eyes connected with mine and she slowly exposed her neck. I got tense and looked away, hesitantly I sad,

"First we have to undress."

She was nervous and stunned, She began to tremble. I held her close to me,

"Are you ready for this?"

She looked as me and slowly nodded. We turned away from eachother and got undressed. We turned to eachother. It was almost humorous how embarrassed we were and both of us turned beat red, but we proceeded, trying to keep our eyes off eachother so we could get this over with. With the strong scent of fear, she closed her eyes and exposed her neck. I was scared out of my wits, I seriously didn't want to do this, but it would be worth it.

"Here we got, hold on to me."

We held eachother. She was so soft! I almost melted with her touch. She grabbed my arms as I opened my mouth.

When I grabbed him, he chomped down onto my neck. I muffled the scream into an exasperated gasp. Tears started to run, but then I started whimper and put my arms under his, pushing him into me as a stinging, burning sensation filled my body as his saliva dripped into my blood vassals and spread. It hurt but then I felt numb and dizzy. He finally let go and I fell into his arms. He held me tightly as I gained my composure. We starred eachother in the eyes. We sat down, or knees touching.

She blushed as I looked down at the cushy things that I found to be called breasts. I didn't know what they were, but it seemed like my body did.

"Can I touch them?"

She began to giggle,

"You're so cute! But yes, now…you can touch them."

I smiled and proceeded. Both of us had unexpected reactions, but I crawled up to her, kissing her hard until finally she laid down.

~*~

I lay on his chest as he ran his fingers gently up and down my back. Though it had been a few minutes since we ended, we bother were still out of breathe and trembling. I don't think either of us expected it to feel THAT good, and for never seeing a woman before, it seemed Inuyasha's body led him just fine.

I laid there, out of breathe. That was incredible and so sacred and special. I don't know how Miroku could do it so freely, but I just held her in that glowing cave and many times throughout, what we presumed was night, we shared eachother. Oh how I love Kagome Ginkou! Thank you God!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Short chapter, sorry. I'm sorry it took a while, but Cliff says he won't by the Inuyasha Playstation game until I keep the house clean for a long time, but till next chapter- Kudos!