InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life isn't Perfect ❯ The Day Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part 2
The Day Begins
There was a knock on the door, and then two people entered the back of the room. Students filled the class with stairs, all towards the people who dare disturb their quiet learning. Kagome leading Sesshoumaru, they headed to the front of the Calculus class. All eyes on them. All over you could her whispering about the gorgeous new kid. Quietly they waited until the teacher was done. When he turned around both students handed the teacher their slips while only Kagome sat down in the back of the class when he dismissed her.
"Well, I'm Mr. Lane. Introduce yourself then find a place to sit. We don't have all day," Lane said getting back to whatever he was writing on the board.
#_#_#_#_# (I have a math teacher called Mr. Lane, but my teacher is a lot nicer. ^_^)
"I am Shoron Sesshoumaru," with that being said, Sesshoumaru looked around and found there were only two seats left. One had an over weight boy in it who was currently picking his nose. While the other had a look of nervousness on there face after they noticed who that was next to the other empty seat and who would inevitably make him sit next to, the one and only, Higurashi Kagome. It doesn't really bug him much though. Once he sits down the teacher starts talking and everyone takes note. And this goes on through out class with the occasional note passed or a whisper spoken, none of this was coming from the two in the very back corner. At the end of class, once everyone had packed up and gone. The only people left were Kagome and Sesshoumaru.
"Shall we head to Kendo?" Kagome asked him innocently.
He just nodded and walked out of the room.
Kagome ran to catch up with and ended up knocking into him, again. "Sorry, sorry Sesshoumaru-san." She said rubbing her head. "It's seems we are always bumping into each other."
"You are always bumping into me." Sesshoumaru corrected.
"Yes, yes, me into you," Kagome waved off the answer. "Other than correcting me on things," she said looking from the corner of her eyes as the walked to their next class, "you don't talk much do you?" she added.
Sesshoumaru kept quiet but gave her a quick stare.
"Any way, there are some things you should know about our next class," she said sticking her fingers out to count off the facts. "First of all, Mr. Shatzley is deaf, but knows Sign Language, and he can lip read, as well as still talk as if he was never deaf in the first place. Second, everyone is identified as a color, especially to the new kids so that they don't judge a person by looks, gender, or name. The last two colors available are White and Black, I recommend White because the last person, who had Black, ended up trying to rape a girl and if you pick that color everyone will stereo-type against you," At this Sesshoumaru stared at her. He was about to ask a question about that when she purposely started talking again. "Thirdly, there are two girls in the class, including myself, but if you have to fight us you better not go easy on us just because were girls. It will be dishonorable, not to mention sexist. And lastly, you're mostly going be the one to have to fight today since you're new, because he needs to determine your level. I can tell you're a very skilled Kendo fighter," ending her speech with a smile.
"What level are you in?" Sesshoumaru said opening the door to the P.E. area, wondering if he'll have to fight her. Well Mrs. Harris did say that she's good at everything she does.
"Go in through that door over there," she said pointing to a door, avoiding the question, "and talk to Mr. Shatzley, so that he can get you your uniform. You'll find out my rank later," she said smiling innocently.
Sesshoumaru walked to his sensei's office. He didn't bother knocking since he was told of a certain condition. Mr. Shatzley was sitting in a chair, reading over some papers, with his back to Sesshoumaru. He walked over to his new teacher, tapping him on the back. He turned around, startled, looking at Sesshoumaru. After he sized him up, like wise from the other one that was present, "You must be the new student. Sesshoumaru right?" was said with a look of concentration and puzzlement.
"Correct Mr. Shatzley," Sesshoumaru responded very clearly to make sure that he didn't have to repeat himself to his lip reading sensei. "I believe I need a uniform and a color?" he spoke again.
"I'm glad I pronounced it right. You seem like a size six uniform. Pick a color between Black and White. You at all experienced?" The sensei asked.
"I am a size six. I would like White," (He not only picked this color because it was recommended, but because it's his favorite color as well.) "And I am very experienced."
"I'm glad you chose White. Well, I'll put you up against the top three to see what your rank is. You don't get tired easily do you?" he asked worriedly. When he saw Sesshoumaru shake his head he gave out a relieved sigh then went on. "Good, because the ladies would go crazy if you fainted, and they'll call me a slave driver. Anyway, if you make it to the last round you'll take a little break then fight Blue. That's a nickname; don't talk to Blue before the fight because this fighter doesn't want anything to be revealed," his sensei said slowly, as if choosing his words carefully. "Oh, but I'll warn you that after only taking three years of training, Blue has beaten me. This fighter can be very elusive, and can think of creative strategically attacks just like in a real sword fight to the death," he said slowly.
#_#_#_#_# [I wonder who Blue is? Hmmmm.. ^_^ HaaaaHaaaaa.]
On the outside Sesshoumaru looked as if he was bored but under his stoic mask he was scarred as hell. This unknown person would probably take this very seriously. He beat the one who taught him, elusive and fights like it's an actual 'to the death' battle from Sengoku Jida. But, he could still win. He's had many more years of experience, about 12 to 13 years if he's not mistaken to his 3. I will win this. I'm one of the very best. I was best at my old school. At least I know that if I do loose that he'll be fighting at his hardest and he is the best at the school so it won't be humiliating or disgraceful. Wait!!! I don't have to worry about that because I won't loose.??!!!
___________________________
Once Sesshoumaru dressed and was ready he left the boy's locker room and walked stealthily to his new sensei. At least what he thought was stealth but found out some one leaning against a wall, with their mask on (the majority of the class has there masks off), in the corner, away from the rest of the class, was keeping a very close watch on him. Sesshoumaru managed to get to his sensei without to much irritation caused, not admitting, by his mysterious watcher. He tapped the sensei's back, getting the teacher startled again, to look at him and start the class/tests.
"Ah, you're ready. Let's get started, Hmmm?" it wasn't really a question and before long, Mr. Shatzley had started to announce the arrival of the new student. "Now class," he said getting almost everyone's notice. The only one that seemed to not be paying attention was the one in the very back, still wearing their mask on, and away from the crowd. It was his mysterious watcher. "We have a new student that needs to be tested. This is White, who is very good so I am asking for our three best fighters to face him," he stated looking around the crowd. "That means Red, Purple," he said searching around for the ones that were being spoken of. He smirked looking in the back of the room when he said, "and Blue. Warm up because you'll be fighting in that order," after what was needed to be said was said, the sensei walked past the crowd and stood next to the now named Blue. They communicated to each other for a little while, the teacher whispering and Blue using Sign Language. While Sesshoumaru was watching them, Purple and Red were getting warmed up; he was missing a perfect chance to study his opponents' moves and strategy's.
___________________________
"Are you ready?" one of the other students asked, taping him in the back, and drawing him out of his gaze. He nodded and walked up to the fighting arena (It was just a mat in the middle of the room, slightly elevated.). His opponent, nick named Red. Who ever it was they're obviously very good to be in the top three, unless the rest of the class really sucks. They both stood in front of each other and waited for their sensei to give the command to start.
Mr. Shatzley, noticing that they were ready, stopped his conversation with Blue and walked to the fighting arena. "Bow!" both combatants bowed to each other, Red more than White. "In the ready!" Sesshoumaru to a defensive position while Red to an offensive. "Fight!" and the test begun.
#_#_#_#_# [In this I'm just going to refer to the fighter as P, W, R, or B. Also, I apologize now for the bad describing in the fight scenes : ( ]