InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life isn't Perfect ❯ Fighters unmasked & related ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part 3
Fighters unmasked & related
#_#_#_#_# (I don't really know the rules, but I say that there are three points to be gained all together. Like when you play a two out of three game. Boukens are those wooden swords. You use boukens to try and hit your opponent and gain a point. Like Fencing.)
R was very hard yet easy as well. R, once the sensei gave the command to start, just charged right in. R made bold and risky moves. Once the first point was taken notice they both stood in front of each other like in the beginning. They heard another "Fight" and fought there second round. R was very strong but had no strategy. Just hit your opponent as hard and as fast as you can. He had hardly any defense, leading to his loss. W wondered how he got to be in the top three in the first place. Either way it was a kind of good fight with W winning. They were about to take off their masks when the sensei said to wait till the end of all three matches.
W got ready for his second fight with P, who could only be a girl because no guy would willingly take that color. The problem was if it was Kagome or the other girl that she mentioned. W taking the position and P taking the attack. Instead of P just attacking since he was in the attack position, both instead circled around each other wondering who would make the first move. After the second circle P started the fight by charging at W. But, W just stood there. A second before P hit his target W paired and countered with a hit to the back, gaining a point. This went on to the end with W wining the match again. They bowed to each other W having gained more respect for P and bowed lower than in the beginning. P was a lot stronger than he anticipated he would be. His last battle would be coming up next. After a ten-minute break W got back on the mat.
Now the time came for the final battle. W vs. B. The sensei and W looked over to B the teacher smirked again at the position B was facing. B was in the same exact spot he was when W first came in. Except this time he had his arms crossed while leaning on the wall with his head facing towards the arena. Mr. Shatzley waved him over. B walked gracefully up to the stage. Once up, they faced each other with the minimum second of B nodding his head to the teacher signaling him to begin. "Now for the battle between the new student, White, and our very own, Blue," If some of the classmates weren't paying attention before, they deficiently were now. "Bow" and they did, barely, neither wanting to break eye contact. "In the ready" B took the defensive position having W takes the attack for the first time. "Fight!" at this, W charged very cautiously not wanting to be taken by surprise. No matter how aware he was nothing could have prepared him for what was going to happen next. Just before W made contact B flipped over W putting a hand on W's head to help him. But before B could strike W turned around and blocked. Much force was put into this. Both were pushing against each other. With a finale push B stepped back and got ready for another attack. This time B struck first. Spinning his bouken around, like a baton, B moved closer steadily closer to W. When he was close enough he attacked on the head, W barely managed to block. With all of the spinning of the sword he didn't even know were B was going to strike from next. When this happened, B slid both of their sticks in a circular motion, getting them free and hitting W in the side. "That's one point for Blue!" the sensei announced.
"Second round..." Mr. Shatzley started. Both students stood in front of each other and bowed, "Begins..." B and W were in defensive positions. "Now!" The teacher bellowed and the second battle began. B started the round this time by distracting W with a spin kick then attacking his knee. W managed to block, but just barely. Countering by tripping Blue, in the process, making him fall to the ground. At this, W was pushing his bouken down against B's, close to the head. While W was occupied with trying to get his first point in this fight B arranged one of his feet behind one of W's and made him fall over, bringing B up. But before B could get away W smashed his bouken into B's neck as if to cut it off. "One point for W. Next point decides the winner." Everyone was gawking at them, mouths wide open and totally silent.
"A short break and then we'll continue," was all the teacher said before he walked of the stage. B, R, and P got together in the corner and discussed the new student and how he fought. Sesshoumaru was to far away to here anything but he saw Blue take a towel and, stretching his mask straight forward, slipped a towel underneath, and wiped away his sweat. Sesshoumaru mimicked this movement with his own towel. He had his head down for a couple of minutes, reminiscing on the past ten when a cup was put in front of him. He looked up and saw Blue there offering a cup of water to him. Sesshoumaru took it and was about to say thank you when Blue shook his head and put his finger on his would be lips if he hadn't had his mask on. Blue left to the stage and sat with his back to him so that Sesshoumaru could unveil his mouth with out any one finding out who he was before the time was right. He was beginning to like this Blue more and more every moment. He was strong, smart, and a good sportsman. If he did win, I might just not care, he obviously deserved it. But White will beat Blue so it doesn't matter.
"Okay, time for the final round. Are the fighters ready?" Mr. Shatzley asked wanting to get a move on things because there wasn't that much time left in the class. After both competitors nodded and got on the mat (Blue was already on the mat so he just stood and got into position.) the sensei reached the side of the arena and started the match. B and W charged towards each other colliding in the middle of the stage, boukens pressing against one another. Both giving one final push they separated and took a few steps back. They went around in a circle again before W attacked. He aimed for a straight on attack, B Parried (I think that's what you call avoiding.) this move, using his momentum to spin around and hit W in the back. Gaining the point that decided the match. " Point and match to Blue!" was bellowed. The whole crowed cheered, clapped, whistled, and yelled for the victor and the loser who fought to the extremes. Both students walked up to one another and bowed graciously then to the crowd, who cheered even louder. "Time for the unmasking. Every competitor up," once all of them were up, with R, S, B on one side and W on the other, the coach announced his instructions. "No one will speak or comment till the class is over, because it almost is. White will go first, followed by Red, then Purple, and finally Blue. Is that understood?" he questioned, looking at each student in front of him separately. All nodded and proceeded with there assignment.
White slowly reached up and took off his mask with one hand. When it was off he had his white hair fall down from his head to just above his ankles in a braid (if you remember in the episode where Inuyasha turns demon and Sesshoumaru comes and defeats him, when he walks away his hair is about less than an inch off the floor). His mask of indifference was on and with his golden eyes he noticed how Red tensed up but hardly. Sesshoumaru was a little pleased to see that someone new who he was. Next was Red. Instead of using one hand like Sesshoumaru, he used both and pulled off the mask fast. He also had white long hair in a braid though not as long as Sesshoumaru. It was to the middle of his bottom in its braid. He had Amber eyes with the deepest loathing in them. This made Sesshoumaru tense up as well as the rest of the class. Their staring contest would have continued if not for Blue nudging his elbow into Purple, signaling for him to take of his mask. Purple complied, drawing everyone attention away from them and to him. Purple also took his mask off slow so as to make sure all eyes were on him. Black hair fell out to the middle of the back in its high ponytail. The person's eyelids were coated with purple eye shadow and the fighter just so happened to be a Girl! She smiled happily to the last competitor needing to unmask itself. Blue looked to each opponent then finally tipped its head and took off its mask. Raven colored hair cascaded to the middle of her back. The person shyly lifted up her head and everyone looked into her turquoise eyes. She was Kagome! Kagome looked from one person to the other then proudly lifted up her head and left the room into the girls' locker room. The other female and male followed shortly, though not without a glare from Red to White. Sesshoumaru followed suit as well as the rest of the class.
__________________________
At the end of class Sesshoumaru walked out and found Kagome clearly in the hallway with Purple and Reds' back to him. Sesshoumaru quietly walked up to Kagome's side, taking her violin, and asked, "You are Blue?"
"Yeah. You're not mad are you? I only acted like that because I didn't want you to know it was I. Besides, it was fun, and you almost won. I hadn't had a fight like that since I first started," she said, going from shy to smiling broadly, surprising Sesshoumaru, by how fast and easy she changed emotions.
"No, I am not mad," smiling slightly before putting his emotional mask back on. "You gave me a run for my money during our fight and I highly enjoyed it," he added to reassure her that he was, indeed, not angry about how he acted.
"Oh, I have to introduce you to my friends," Kagome said signaling her to her companions. "Sesshoumaru, this is Sango, the Purple fighter." Sango smiled and bowed. He did in return, not as much as she but enough to show that he respected her. " And I believe you know Inuyasha the Red fighter who you knocked out of third place," she mumbled the last part but it was still heard and understood. Sesshoumaru just nodded to Inuyasha with a smirk on his face while the other just glared.
"It is rude to not bow to the person you are introduced to brother," Sesshoumaru commented.
"He's your brother?" Kagome asked deafly.