InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Like My Master ❯ Ch. 10: Kissing You ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters.
Flames welcome.


Like My Master
By: Miyukyshan

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.


A/N: So as you can see from the chapter title, they’re going to kiss, so I don’t feel like I’m ruining the surprise by writing this. Sometimes there’s a certain song I play over and over again while I’m writing a scene, and the one I played for their first kiss was “Kissing You” by Des’Re. It’s a song from Romeo + Juliet and I could just see them standing there in the rain kissing. Just wanted to share a little bit of what was going on in the author’s head! Please proceed and enjoy this chapter!

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Chapter Ten: Kissing You

Rin was right. The cave did stink. It was still pouring outside and a large puddle was slowly creeping farther in through the opening. They were all wedged into the back with a small fire sending flashes of light dancing across the wet rocks. Rin was awake and mostly dry, in a decidedly better mood now that her belly was full of meat. Upon waking, the little girl began complaining so loudly of being hungry Sayu eventually gave in and went into the muck to hunt. It hadn’t been easy, but she came back with two small rabbits and had them roasting within an hour. Now she sat huddled near the fire, shivering under her soaked clothes. All the outer layers of her clothing were strung on sticks and hanging near the flames. Much to her annoyance, she was once again reduced to wearing just her traveling pants and the skimpy halter shirt in front of her master.

“Onee-san, I’m cold,” Rin said, unable to huddle next to Sayu due to her wetness.

“You should move around, Rin. You’ll stay cold if you just sit.”

A deep chuckle echoed against the walls and Sayu looked up at Sesshomaru. He was reclining against the opposite wall with one leg tucked against his chest and the other stretched out. There was amusement in his eyes but no smile on his face.

“Is something funny, Lord Sesshomaru?” Sayu asked.

“You should take your own advice. Your chattering teeth are not exactly calming.”

Sayu blushed and looked back to the fire. But Rin had already been encouraged and was soon up and dancing around the cave, much to Jaken’s annoyance.

“Onee-san,” she sang, “come dance with me!”

Sayu laughed and leaned back on her hands. “I haven’t danced for a long time, Rin. It’s been at least twenty years since I had a master who enjoyed my dancing.”

Intrigued, Rin knelt by Sayu and smiled brightly. “You used to dance, for real?”

“Yes, I was trained to dance with fans. Would you like to see?” she asked while tapping Rin on the nose.

“Please!” she yelled with barely-restrained excitement.

“All right, I’ll be right back,” Sayu giggled before standing and running back out into the rain.

“Is that woman stupid? She was just complaining about being cold and she’s run back into the rain!” Jaken squawked.

“You’re no fun, Master Jaken,” Rin pouted while crossing her arms and turning away from the toad.

His mouth dropped open and he looked genuinely hurt. “You don’t mean that, do you Rin?” he asked with tears in his eyes.

Sayu walked in before Rin could respond and presented two large leaves in each hand. “These will be our fans, Rin,” she said while handing two to the excited little girl and positioning the other two in her own hands. “Now Rin, this type of dancing is all about grace, power and beauty. We use the fans and our bodies to tell a story. Would you like to watch first?”

Rin giggled and nodded before running over to Sesshomaru and plopping down next to him. He looked at her curiously but didn’t tell her to move. He wasn’t sure how graceful Sayu could be in the cave. It was wet and slippery and there wasn’t much room and it only went in about twenty feet and could be no more than fifteen feet wide. Still, he was curious to see how well she could dance after twenty years of not even picking up a fan.

Flicking the water off the leaves so they would stand up straight, Sayu stood next to the fire and shifted to hold them so they covered half her face. She waited, finding a rhythm with the rain, and then began to move. It was slow at first, sensual. Her arms curved and reached, her torso lifting and stretching as she moved with the rain. Hips swaying gracefully in the firelight, she picked up the pace and spun and her shadow made wicked movements against the wall behind her.

Sesshomaru watched, captivated as she moved as fluidly as the rain. He seriously began to doubt her humanity because he had never seen any human dance with such grace and skill. It was much like watching her fight, only he felt like he was being seduced as her eyes held his through fluttering lashes. The fire danced in the darkness of her eyes and he wanted to touch her wherever the light touched her beautiful, pale skin. Whenever she spun her wet hair swayed and revealed the smooth flesh of her back and Sesshomaru had to hold back a growl. She began dancing faster, and then slower as the rain slowed, always keeping pace with the thrums of water splashing outside the cave.

Sayu’s body twisted and curled around the flames, courting the dangerous blaze and unknowingly undoing her master. She moved closer and breezed by the little group watching her from the floor, and Sesshomaru took a deep whiff and went still.

She’s in heat. He thought with a low growl.

Sesshomaru glanced at Jaken to see if the toad had caught her scent and judging by the shocked look on his face, he had. The dog demon cursed the rain for masking her heat and clawed at the ground beneath him for restraint. Now that he had her sweet scent he couldn’t get it out of his nose, and with her dancing so erotically right within his grasp… it was driving him mad.

The dance ended abruptly when Sayu sensed her master’s distress. She looked at him with questioning eyes and he just scowled. Rin jumped up from her seat and started waving her leaves.

“Teach me, Onee-san! I want to be a beautiful dancer like you!” the child yelled.

“Don’t be stupid, Rin. You’re too clumsy to ever dance that gracefully. Stick to your flower necklaces,” Jaken said, unaware he had just given Sayu a compliment.

Rin dropped her arms to her sides and stuck out a quivering lip. She looked at Sayu with tears in her eyes and asked, “Is it true, Onee-san?”

Sayu dropped to Rin’s height and placed a hand on her cheek. “Of course not. Master Jaken is just jealous because he cannot dance and you are so good already.”

This brought Rin’s smile back and she began dancing around the cave again, trying to twirl her leaves like Sayu did. The woman smiled at the small girl before turning back to Sesshomaru. There was a wild look in his eyes and she felt the need to shield herself from his hungry gaze. She looked back at the leaves in her hands before tossing them in the fire and resuming her seat against the opposite wall.

“Lord Sesshomaru, how is my fan dance? Am I as good as Onee-san?” Rin asked as she kicked her foot out and frantically waved the leaves in front of her face.

Sesshomaru tore his eyes from Sayu and studied his little companion. A ghost of a smile lit up his features and he stretched his other leg out. “I’m not a good judge of artistic skill, but you have potential. Keep dancing, Rin.”

Sayu thought Rin could have died from happiness at that moment and laughed at her sudden burst of energy. The happy sound rang through the cave and Sesshomaru once again felt warmth in his chest due to the bond he shared with the woman.

I suppose I could get used to this… he thought before closing his eyes and trying to forget the tantalizing smell radiating from the woman across from him.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

Sayu groaned and shifted from her position on the ground. A scorching heat licked at her skin and she pressed a hand to her wet forehead. She opened heavy lids and gasped at the sight of fire. The cave around her dissolved in the flames, as did the bodies of her companions. Sayu screamed as she watched them turn to ash and cried out for her loss. The rock floor of the cave beneath her turned to dry, cracked earth and the screams of humans rang in her ears. She tried to get up, to move and run from the fire, but her legs were too heavy and she couldn’t lift herself.

“Look what they’ve done,” came a scratchy voice above her.

Sayu looked up to see a strange woman hovering over her covered in blood. She was dying.

“Look what they’ve done,” she said again, this time waving a shaky arm to encompass the area around them.

Sayu looked around, tears falling down her face as hundreds of humans, both dead and alive, swarmed the broken land. Blood seeped up from the cracks in the earth and stained her hands. Sayu screamed and tried to wipe it off, but it only spread up her arms.

“You must pay the price for their misdeed,” the woman rasped.

“I didn’t do anything!” Sayu yelled to the dying woman.

“They refused to pay the price. Your life is forfeit. That was the deal,” she whispered before collapsing in on herself.

Sayu stared at her for a moment before looking back at her hands. The blood coiled itself around her wrists and turned into hard, black steel. The fire grew closer and closer and when she looked back up at it a pair of sad, golden eyes stared back through the orange flames.

Sayu woke with a start and threw herself forward, covered in sweat and breathing heavily. Her eyes darted around the dark cave and she breathed a sigh of relief when she found Rin sound asleep next to her and the campfire under control and slowly burning out. Jaken was snoring not too far away and Ah-Un was still dozing at the front of the cave. When she turned to Sesshomaru, she found two golden eyes gleaming in the darkness and it brought back visions of the horrific nightmare she just had. Unable to look at him any longer, Sayu jumped up and ran from the cave, unaware of the tears rolling down her face. The rain was still coming down, but not as heavily as before.

Once free from the cave, Sayu choked on a sob and took off into the forest. She had to get away from those piercing amber eyes.

She found herself leaning heavily against a tree, sobbing into the rough bark while the rain soaked her clothes. She didn’t know why she was crying, but the tears came from somewhere deep within her and there was nothing she could do to stop them.

“What dream could have possibly reduced you to such a state?”

Sayu gasped at the voice of her master and whirled around and pressed her back against the trunk. It was at moments like these Sayu didn’t blame Amaya for her hatred. Sesshomaru looked like a god standing in the rain. The water reflected off his long, silver hair and created a halo around him, illuminating his skin making the markings on his face stand out. His eyes were soft with what she knew to be worry. She could feel it in her gut.

“My Lord,” she breathed out, surprised and frightened by the fragility in her own voice. His sympathy reminded her of Kaito and enraged her. Her brows cinched together and she leaned forward with her hands still braced on the tree behind her for support. “Why do I constantly find myself reminding you all that I’m a human? I’m not some demon who can hide their emotions on a whim. I’m a weak, irrational human and even I can cry.” Sayu was shouting now.

Any other master would have punished her for her disrespect, but Sesshomaru just looked at her with sad, hungry eyes. He stood for a moment watching her body shake with confusion and rage. The feelings coursing through him were unnatural, but so was everything about his relationship with the human. He wanted to take her into his arms and soothe her, kiss away her tears but he just stood there.

“Sayu…” he said, speaking her name for the first time.

“I don’t want your pity! I don’t need it—”

Sayu inhaled sharply when Sesshomaru appeared a breath away from her face. He was leaning down and breathing hard, his whole body tensed and waiting. She stood still with wide eyes and waited for him to move, feeling very much like a wild animal cornered and waiting for the final blow. Instead he lifted a clawed hand and ran the pad of his thumb over her cheek.

“I know, Sayu. I know,” Sesshomaru said and gently pulled her small body against his, cocooning her and sheltering her from the rain. He tucked her head under his chin and held her tightly.

Sayu stood shocked in his arms before succumbing to his gentle touch and melting in his embrace. Tears fell from her eyes once again as he continued to rub small circles on her exposed skin. No one had ever comforted her or held her in the hundred or so years she’d been a slave, and all the sadness she’d held inside came out in one giant sob. A soft growl vibrated through Sesshomaru and soothed her while he cradled her head and nuzzled against her soft, black hair.

“My Lord, this isn’t proper,” she managed to say through hiccupping cries, but she didn’t try to pull away.

“I don’t care,” he said.

“Thank you,” she whispered.

Sesshomaru pulled away and tilted her head back so she was looking at him. Her full lips quivered and her eyes were red and puffy, as was her nose. She looked so vulnerable and scared and he found himself strangely attracted to this softer side.

“Sayu, say my name.”

The woman in his arms looked at him strangely and he nearly took her right there when the smell of her heat hit him full force as she shifted in his arms.

“Lord Sesshomaru?”

“No, just my name,” he breathed.

Sayu’s brows pinched together as she considered his demand. Calling him anything other than master had already been strange and difficult to get used to, but now he wanted her to call him by his name. She hesitated and a blue spark snapped on her wrist.

“Sesshomaru,” she whispered and shivered when his eyes darkened to molten honey and a low growl vibrated from his chest through hers.

Sesshomaru pressed a hand against the small of her back and buried the other in her hair, smiling as her dark eyes widened and she trembled against him. He inhaled her scent and closed his eyes, happy when he found no trace of fear.

“I want to kiss you,” he whispered as he dipped his head and planted his lips against her jawline.

Sayu sighed and tilted her head back, heart pounding in her ears as she processed what he said. “Why?”

Sesshomaru chuckled against her neck and pressed a warm kiss on her pulse. “Why does a man normally want to kiss a woman?” he asked before dragging his teeth down her throat.

She made a soft keening noise and moved her head to the side, offering more flesh. “I don’t know.”

“Sayu, you’re beautiful,” he whispered and steadied himself. The smell of her arousal mixed with her heat nearly brought him to his knees and he had to calm himself. The woman in his arms had obviously never even kissed a man. He didn’t want to scare her. Pulling back, he gave her a gentle smile and pressed his forehead against hers.

“I want to know you,” he murmured.

“Then kiss me.”

Her response startled him and he opened his eyes, smiling at the mixture of confidence and uncertainty on her face. He rubbed his thumb against the base of her skull and leaned forward until his lips brushed across hers. Electric shock ran from Sayu’s lips all the way down to her toes and at first she was afraid her shackles reacted to the intimate contact. But the tingling sensation was pleasant and excited her.

Sayu knew what they were doing was wrong; he was her master, she his slave. Of course she could be used for pleasure so long as it didn’t end in sex – something she was thankful she never had to do – but this felt like more than just pleasing her master.

The man in question suckled on her lower lip and she leaned into him, letting the experienced man guide her. Sesshomaru moved gently at first, reveling in the softness of her mouth as he tilted his head to deepen the kiss. A strange sensation ran through him as Sayu shyly responded to his lips. He couldn’t tell if it was his emotion or hers, but it was sweet and warm and made him unbelievably happy. Sayu moaned against his mouth when he pressed her closer, careful of his armor, and he lost all cohesive thought.

Unable to hold back, Sesshomaru began nipping and licking her soft lips in an effort to coax her mouth open. Sayu gasped and parted her lips, allowing Sesshomaru to dip his tongue in and taste her sweetness. He explored her mouth slowly and growled in approval when she responded.

Sayu felt her confidence grow and reached up to undo Sesshomaru’s heavy armor. It fell in a forgotten heap to the side and she buried her hands in his silver hair and pressed her chest flush against his. Sesshomaru groaned and backed her up against the tree before trailing his hand from her hip up to cup a full breast. Sayu moaned and threw her head back against the bark, giving Sesshomaru access to her throat. The dog demon pressed hot kisses on her flushed skin and ran his thumb over her hardened nipple.

The scorching friction made her buck her hips against his and she fought to maintain control of her body. Sesshomaru was suckling on the juncture between her neck and shoulder and Sayu whined and tilted her head even farther to encourage him. Some strange instinct told her that place was important, that he needed to bite her there.

Why…? She thought before he pulled away. Her eyes shot open and she gave a soft growl at the sudden chill against her skin.

When she looked up at Sesshomaru he had a devilish grin on his face that turned the heat coiling in the pit of her stomach to an almost painful throb. Then she felt the fingers at the back of her neck pull the thin string keeping her top up before the rain-soaked fabric fell forward with a wet thud against her thighs. Sayu gasped and brought her arms up to cover herself, but Sesshomaru was faster and had a wrist in each hand before she could even blink. She blushed and looked away, ashamed for someone so beautiful to see her naked form. Nearly every master had seen her nude and she felt ruined and unworthy to be seen by one as great as Lord Sesshomaru. Her master sensed the sudden turn in her emotions and dropped her wrists before crushing her against him and burying his nose in her neck.

“Sayu,” he growled, his voice thick with barely controlled restraint, “there’s no need to be ashamed. I won’t force you.”

The smell of her arousal returned and he groaned and licked the sensitive flesh below her ear, making her shiver against his chest. A trembling hand came between them and tugged at the hem of his tunic.

“I want you,” she whimpered, and then realized how badly she really did want the man holding her. She wanted to mate with him and carry his pups and have him all to herself, but it wasn’t possible. “Sesshomaru, we can’t… You and I can’t—”

“I know,” he said gently.

“I’m so sorry,” she whispered against his chest.

Sesshomaru sighed and pressed feather-light kisses along her jaw. “No more talking,” he said huskily before taking her lips in his own. He felt her tiny hands push at the fabric of his shoulders and slipped his arms out of the long sleeves. Sesshomaru moaned into her mouth when her slender fingers ran over the taut muscles of his torso and he gently eased her to the ground.

Hot skin slid over her naked flesh and she arched into him to maintain the delicious contact. The demon lord complied and settled his weight over her, careful not to crush her, and hungrily explored her mouth.

Sayu wrapped her arms around Sesshomaru’s shoulders and raked her nails over the skin on his back, making him groan and press against her. A cry of protest escaped her mouth when he broke contact and was quickly replaced with a loud moan as his tongue and lips traveled lower. He stopped to take in her beautiful form; face flushed and lips swollen from his kiss, full chest trembling from her labored breathing.

“Tonight, you are mine,” he said roughly before descending on her, eyes flashing red.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

A/N: OMG that was so hard to write! I’m so bad at writing “love” scenes. It took me three days at least to muddle through it so sorry if it’s terrible… Anyways… YAY! They kissed. And I’m sure you have a lot of questions because of some crazy stuff that went on in this chapter, but you’ll just have to wait until next time.