InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 2): Awakenings ❯ Awakening Of The Mind ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I still do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. However, any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thanks to those of you who take the time to leave a review. The more I get, the faster I tend to write.
 
 
Live and Let Die: Awakenings
 
 
Chapter 3: Awakenings Of The Mind (Warning: Chapter contains attempted rape and lemon)
 
 
Kagome gasped and dropped her book as she turned to find three humans leering at her. She tried not to panic as she asked, “What do you want?”
 
Want, what do we want?” the bandit who appeared to be their leader mocked. “Why, we want this hut, and since you're in it, we'll take you, too.”
 
A flash of fear ran through Kagome as she backed away from the three men. “I'm not alone. The others have gone for wood and food. They'll be back soon.” Kagome tried to sound as though they would be back any minute, and she wasn't frightened at all.
 
“Are any of them as pretty as you are?” one of the others sneered as he grabbed at her.
 
Their leader continued to stalk Kagome until he had her backed against the wall. Kagome closed her eyes as she felt his hand around her throat, so she didn't see the knife he had pulled out. She felt a chill as her shirt fell away in front, and gasped when she was shoved roughly down on the floor as her clothes were ripped off of her body.
 
“Look!” one of the bandits shouted, “Look at the mark on her shoulder!”
 
“You! You're the fucking whore of some fucking demon, aren't you?! Well, if you're good enough to fuck a demon, you can fuck us!” the leader exclaimed as he started to loosen his hakama while the other two held Kagome down as she struggled.
 
Kagome suddenly stopped fighting them and opened her eyes. Looking the lead bandit straight in the eyes, she said, “You don't want to do this. My mate will kill you all if you harm me. It would be better for you to leave now, before he returns.”
 
“If he were anywhere around, he would be here already. I don't think you're here with anybody,” the leader responded, freeing himself from his hakama.
 
Kagome started to scream at the top of her lungs, “IN-” but one of the bandits clamped his hand over her mouth.
 
They were not really certain what happened next. Kagome screamed `INUYASHA!' in her mind after she couldn't speak, and simultaneously all three of the bandits were thrown away from her with such force they were knocked unconscious when they slammed into the walls of the hut. The one who had thought to rape her actually bounced off of the ceiling.
 
InuYasha felt a flash of fear and then heard her scream in his head. He dropped the boar he was cleaning and practically flew back to the hut. The hanyou left Miroku and Sango in his wake and all they heard was his cry of, “Kagomeeee!” as the blur of red rushed by them. They ran back to the hut and reached it shortly after InuYasha had.
 
They found Kagome, practically naked, huddled in the corner, inside of a barrier. There were three strange men, all unconscious on the floor of the hut, and one of them had no pants on.
 
InuYasha was trying to get through to Kagome, but she wasn't conscious of what was going on around her. InuYasha's eyes were starting to flash red in his frustration to get through to his mate.
 
“InuYasha,” Miroku said quietly. “Relax and try to call to her with your mind. She is projecting the barrier and is not aware that you are here now. Calm down and see if you can reach in to her. Let her know you are here and it is safe. Sango and I will remove these three.”
 
Miroku grabbed the bandit with no pants by his ankles and dragged him unceremoniously out of the hut. He indicated to Sango to grab the one nearest Kagome while he went back and grabbed the other against the far wall. Miroku knew better than to get too close to Kagome under the circumstances. In fact, he was afraid to even look at her. InuYasha was barely hovering between hanyou and youkai.
 
Sango and Miroku had pulled the three men together. Sango found some tough vines and cut them so they could bind the bandits' wrists and ankles, and then they tied the trio together.
 
“Sango, I do not dare go back in there. Why do you not go and see if you can calm InuYasha down enough to try and get through to Kagome? She is afraid and is placing all of her concentration on her barrier. She will not be able to see or hear us as long as she thinks that she is in danger. InuYasha has got to get through to her and let her know that it is safe.”
 
Sango nodded and hesitantly stood in the doorway of the hut. Kagome was still under her pink barrier in the corner.
 
“InuYasha? Please, for Kagome's sake, see if you can reach her. You have got to find a way to let her know she is safe now,” Sango told the hanyou. “The bandits are tied up, so they can not hurt her any more.”
 
“What do I do?” InuYasha finally spoke as his eyes returned to amber.
 
“Have you ever watched Houshi or Kaede meditate?” Sango asked.
 
InuYasha nodded his head.
 
“Try to relax. Close your eyes and see if you can reach her. Did she reach out to you with her mind? Is that how you knew?” Sango asked.
 
InuYasha nodded. In addition to feeling her fear, the hanyou had heard Kagome's scream in his head as clearly as if she had yelled out loud and he had been standing next to her. InuYasha sat on the floor, crossing his legs and arms with Tessaiga across his chest, and closed his eyes. He tried to steady his breathing before he tried, `Kagome? Kagome? I'm here. You're all right now.'
 
`Fuck, no response, I need to fucking relax more,' InuYasha thought to himself.
 
`Do you curse even in your head?' Kagome thought.
 
`Kagome? Can you hear me?'
 
`Yes. Where are you? I need you,' Kagome replied.
 
`I'm right here, right by you. You have a barrier up and I can't get to you. Open your eyes,' InuYasha responded.
 
`Please, open your eyes, Kagome. I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you,' InuYasha thought to himself.
 
`InuYasha?' Kagome's eyes started to open, `You really are here. Did you hear me?'
 
InuYasha nodded as his eyes locked onto his mate's. `Loud and clear. Will you drop the barrier so I can get to you?'
 
Kagome nodded and the barrier vanished. InuYasha jumped to her side and pulled her into his lap. “Kagome. Are you all right? What happened? What did they do to you? This is my fucking fault. I went too far looking for food.”
 
Kagome buried herself in the folds of his haori. “I'm not sure what happened. I just remember them ripping my clothes off. When I tried to scream for you, one of them clamped his hand over my mouth. That's when I screamed in my head. After that, I don't know what happened. There were three of them, where are they?” Kagome's scent had become laced with fear as she realized the bandits were gone.
 
InuYasha pulled her even closer to him. “It's all right. Miroku and Sango dragged them outside and tied them up. They were all out cold when we came in, and you were surrounded by a barrier. You don't know what happened?”
 
“No, just that I was furious that they were going to try to rape me. I wasn't going to let anyone touch me like that other than you. I couldn't purify them since they are human, so I guess I protected myself with a barrier instead. I wonder how I did that?” Kagome responded softly.
 
“We'll have to ask the monk about it later since he knows about barriers, or Kaede when we return to the village. Are you sure you're all right?” InuYasha asked worriedly.
 
“Yeah, though I could really use a bath after they had their grubby hands on me. It's too bad there isn't a spring near here,” Kagome practically whispered.
 
“I found one when I was hunting. It's away from here but I will take you if you want to go,” InuYasha told his mate.
 
“I…I'd like that. Maybe we can stay out there? I don't really want to stay the night in this hut now. Miroku and Sango can stay here, but I just want to be with you,” Kagome said softly.
 
InuYasha nodded as he untied his haori and shrugged it off of his shoulders. “Here, put this on until you get a chance to clean up. Do you have some more clothes in your pack?”
 
Kagome nodded. “It's easier to pack more changes of clothes in the hot weather. My summer clothes don't take up as much room.”
 
Kagome turned her head. “Do you feel that?”
 
“Keh, it feels like the bear,” InuYasha responded.
 
“Let's go see what she wants,” Kagome said as she stood with InuYasha's help, and tied his haori around her.
 
Miroku and Sango were standing and watching the large bear approach them.
 
“Is that the bear from the village?” Sango asked.
 
“I think it is,” Miroku responded. “I wonder what she is doing here.”
 
InuYasha and Kagome had come out to join them. Both noticed that the bandits were tied up. Now they just wondered what to do with them.
 
“Myoujou?” Kagome said.
 
`Miko, I heard your call,' Myoujou replied. `Are you all right?'
 
`These three men tried to attack me, but my mate heard my cry. You heard me from the village?'
 
`Yes. Is there anything I can do to help? I still owe you for saving me.'
 
`We don't know what to do about these bandits,' Kagome answered.
 
`I can take them back to the village elder. He can deal with them for you,' Myoujou responded.
 
`Really? You wouldn't mind?' Kagome asked.
 
`I would need something to explain. I can not talk to the headman like I can with you,' the bear replied.
 
“Miroku, please write a note to Kenmei, explaining that these three bandits attacked me. Myoujou said she will take them back to the village and turn them over to him,” Kagome instructed. “Sango, can you fix some of those vines like you have them tied up with so that she can carry them back to the village? Some sort of handle?”
 
Miroku and Sango both nodded, though their jaws were about the hit the ground in amazement.
 
“Keh. You heard her. This is our chance to get rid of these three,” InuYasha said. This time he was amazed because he had heard the entire conversation between his mate and the bear in his head.
 
Miroku pulled out a blank scroll and wrote a letter to the headman while Sango made sure the three were securely tied together, and then fastened a large vine handle that was big enough for Myoujou to loop across her massive jaw. Miroku rolled up his scroll when it was finished, and then tied it to the handle where it would be out of the bear's way, but in clear view of whoever found them when she delivered the three bandits.
 
“Can she understand me?” Miroku asked Kagome.
 
“I'm sure she can, she just can't speak back to you,” Kagome replied.
 
Miroku looked up at Myoujou, “I have written a scroll that explains what these men did, and placed it where it should be easily found when you take them to the village. Thank you for helping.”
 
“Myoujou,” InuYasha started, but finished, `Thank you for responding to my mate's call. Thank you for coming.'
 
`I am surprised that you did not kill them,' Myoujou said to InuYasha.
 
`So am I, but Kagome needed me,' InuYasha replied.
 
`And she does not like to kill unless it is necessary,' Myoujou responded.
 
`That, too,' InuYasha answered. “I think they are ready, if you want to take them away.”
 
“Yes, they are ready to go. Thank you again, Myoujou,” Sango said. “They are securely tied together. I tried to weave the vines together so they will not be too uncomfortable for you to carry.”
 
Myoujou nodded her head in understanding, and dropped her massive jaw to scoop it under the `handle' that was attached to the three men. The bandits were dangling high above the ground as the giant bear trotted back down the road towards her village.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Not far away, following the same rumors and headed towards the same village as InuYasha and Kagome, the Demon Lord of the Western Lands stopped. His eyes were unreadable as he felt Kagome call out to InuYasha, and he was certain his brother had responded at some point. The pair suddenly had a power that they did not know how to control, or at least the little miko did not. His baka brother probably did not have control over this new power that must have awakened within him, either, though Sesshomaru had not picked up anything from him as strongly as he had the miko. Her thoughts had projected far and wide when she called out for InuYasha.
 
The Taiyoukai realized that he really could not blame his little brother. InuYasha had never had someone with a mind powerful enough to help develop the innate ability that the hanyou apparently had. It would require someone that he could trust to learn to use it, and to control it. To have the ability without control was dangerous. Both he and the miko would be vulnerable until they learned to close their mind to attacks, as well as open it to each other or those that they needed to communicate with so. Wondering what had happened that had triggered the telepathic abilities within the two, Sesshomaru headed in the direction of his younger sibling and his mate.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
InuYasha had disappeared into the hut and returned with Kagome's backpack and sleeping bag. He stood alongside his mate and waited for her to speak.
 
“I feel filthy after what happened, and InuYasha said he found a spring a little ways away he can take me to. I want to spend the night out there with him. I don't think I could sleep in this hut now because of what happened. I did get it cleaned up pretty well and started a fire, so it should be good for you to spend the night in. InuYasha and I will meet you back here in the morning, and then we can continue on our way. Thank you for your help with the bandits, but right now, I need some time alone with my mate,” Kagome stated.
 
“All right, Kagome. We understand. We will wait here for your return in the morning,” Sango said.
 
“Thank you. And I do mean we wish to be alone. Don't even think of trying to follow.” Kagome was staring intently at the monk as she said that. “If InuYasha gets even a whiff of you, I won't be held responsible for what happens to you. Understand, Miroku?”
 
“I…yes,” Miroku sounded rather dejected.
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha, and noticed his ears were drooping a bit. “What's wrong, InuYasha?”
 
“I finally found us something to eat, but dropped it when I heard you call. I guess we should take some of the food that the elder sent with us,” the hanyou responded.
 
“It is all right, InuYasha. He gave us plenty,” Sango said as she pulled out the parcel that Kenmei had given them before they left. “What do you want?”
 
Kagome pulled out some meat as well as some of the vegetables and a couple of rice balls. “Thanks, Sango. I guess we'll see you in the morning. You two get some rest, okay?”
 
“Do not worry, I will look after Sango,” Miroku said.
 
“Do not get any ideas, Houshi,” Sango responded.
 
“Keep that hand to yourself, Monk. We don't want to find you dead in the morning. Don't make Sango hit you too hard in the head with Hiraikotsu. And don't try to follow us, or I'll kill you myself,” InuYasha warned.
 
Miroku just shook his head. “I am so misunderstood.”
 
“You ready?” InuYasha said softly to his mate as he shifted her backpack over his shoulder.
 
Kagome nodded and InuYasha scooped her up in front of him as he said, “Oi, we'll see you in the morning.”
 
Sango and Miroku watched the pair as they disappeared into the wood.
 
 
 
“Houshi?”
 
“Yes, Sango,” Miroku said as they entered the now cleared-out hut.
 
“I am sorry,” Sango said softly.
 
“For what, Sango? You have not done anything,” Miroku replied, somewhat puzzled.
 
“For saying that your, well, groping, was as bad a curse as Naraku's curse on your family. I am sorry, I did not mean it,” Sango said with trepidation.
 
“I know you did not, Sango. I apologize for groping you. It is just…just…I am sorry,” Miroku stammered, then asked, “Sango, did you mean what you said?”
 
Sango blushed. “What do you mean? What did I say?”
 
Miroku slowly reached towards Sango - her hand, not her rear. “That you would prefer that I take your hand instead of grope you. Did you mean it?”
 
Sango blushed and looked away, clasping her hands together in front of her. “I…I was upset, Houshi. But…but it would not make me as angry if you tried to hold my hand rather than rub my backside.”
 
Miroku's hand was now wavering, wanting to reach for Sango's rear since she had quickly folded her hands into her lap and turned away from him. However, for once he won the battle and pulled his wandering hand back as he said, “I will try to remember that, Sango.”
 
 
InuYasha ran through the forest in the direction of the hot spring he had found while hunting for dinner. Kagome was curled up against his chest as he hurtled towards his destination. The hanyou was grateful that the three men had done nothing more than rough his mate up a little, but he was still furious with himself for wandering so far away. What would have happened if Kagome hadn't instinctively protected herself from the men's attack?
 
That was another problem. They were just men. The smell of humans was so strong along the trail due to the high traffic that the road entertained. He had not foreseen the danger even though the village elder had warned them about bandits before they left. Sango and Miroku had obviously wandered further away than the hanyou thought they would in search of wood, as well. InuYasha couldn't help but think about what might have happened to his precious mate as he ran.
 
 
Kagome could tell that something was seriously bothering InuYasha, but she wouldn't ask while he was running through the forest towards their destination. Whatever it was, it wouldn't help to try and quiz him while he ran. Instead, she would wait until they reached the spring and see if she could get him to relax. Once the hanyou had calmed down, she might be able to get him to talk.
 
The miko was also pondering over what had happened earlier. She still did not know how she managed to open her mind so that InuYasha could hear her, and apparently Myoujou had heard her as well, clear from the village. If Myoujou heard her, who else might have? Then, there was the conversation she had with InuYasha, all in their heads. Kagome seemed to finally be able to hear him when he wasn't really trying to reach her, but was talking to himself. He had actually succeeded in reaching out to her, through the barrier, though not necessarily in a manner that either understood.
 
Then, there was the matter of the barrier. How had she done it? Kagome had no idea. All she remembered was thinking that she wasn't going to let them near her, much less touch her again. All she wanted was for them to get away from her. She had wished that she had the strength to toss them like her mate could have, and it appeared that maybe she had found a way to do so.
 
 
They had reached the area he had been heading towards, but not taking any chances, InuYasha circled the spring to make sure there was no sign of either youkai or humans. They were far away from the road so it appeared that no humans had even been here before, and there were no traces of any recent youkai in the area. Satisfied that they were alone and relatively safe, InuYasha carried his mate to the hot spring and gently stood her on her feet.
 
“Oi, we're here,” InuYasha said as he dropped the backpack to the ground. “Do we need a fire?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “It's plenty warm, and we really don't need to cook anything unless you're going hunting again. But I would just assume eat the rations that we brought with us. Unless you want to boil water for Ramen, that is.” Kagome still had a supply of the instant noodles in her pack.
 
“Do you want to eat first?” InuYasha asked his mate as she spread her sleeping bag and blanket out on the ground.
 
“Yeah. I am kind of hungry, and then we can take our time in the hot spring,” Kagome replied.
 
InuYasha just grinned as he pulled out the food. He liked the sound of that.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Inside the hut, Miroku was sitting across the fire from Sango. They had eaten their meal in uncomfortable silence, both not really sure what to say since they were actually all alone. Usually, even if Kagome or InuYasha were not around, the kitsune would be. If Miroku had known earlier today what he knew now, he would have tried harder not to grope the demon slayer and put her on her guard so. On the other hand, if he hadn't, she would not have said what she did. The monk was not sure if she had actually intended to say that out loud. All he knew was that she had.
 
For all of his pretending, Miroku really did not know or understand that much about women. No, he wasn't a virgin. Master Mushin had seen to that. Before Miroku became a monk, Master Mushin had taken him to a brothel to make certain that Miroku had a chance to `sow his wild seed,' losing his virginity. The monk-in-training had spent a wild and wonderful night with a number of different women in the establishment. They seemed to laugh and enjoy it when he would reach out and rub their rounded posteriors.
 
Miroku just did not understand why other women didn't respond the same as the women at the brothel had. He would start out with pretty words to flatter them, but then, as soon as he reached for their rear, they would turn and leave. The monk was lucky he hadn't been slapped more often than he had. In fact, in all of their travels, the only ones that really did not seem to mind were either too young, too old, possessed by that flea demon that was after InuYasha's retainer Myouga, or the one pretty lady that turned out to be a pickpocket. The whole “will you bear my child” scenario didn't seem to work, either. As much as Miroku flirted and carried on, the truth was he had not been with anyone since he became a monk.
 
Then there were his feelings for Sango. As much as he hated to admit it, he knew that he was in love with her. He groped her not so much as to feel her shapely bottom, but because he had at least some contact with her when she slapped him. However, even though he had basically proposed to her once before, he was afraid to initiate anything further because of the curse that Naraku had placed on the males in his family. It wouldn't be fair to finally have what he thought they both wanted, only to be ripped away when devoured by the curse in his hand. Even worse was the nightmare that he would take the demon slayer with him, if they were together when the curse consumed him. While Miroku could accept his own fate, if that was what was planned for him, the monk could not bear the thought of destroying anyone as lovely as Sango if she was too close when the curse finally destroyed him.
 
Lastly, Miroku was actually a bit jealous of InuYasha. He had always enjoyed teasing him, mercilessly at times, about his feelings. Miroku never understood InuYasha's confusion between Kikyou and Kagome. After all, Kagome was warm and alive, Kikyou a cold walking clay pot. The monk really didn't understand how there could even be a choice between the two. Kagome's loving body could give life, and all Kikyou wanted to do was to take the hanyou to Hell. Miroku didn't understand how InuYasha could have missed all of the signs that told the others that Kagome clearly loved him for who he was, and that she did not care what he was.
 
On the other hand, Miroku also could not truly understand the hatred that had caused that priest to seal InuYasha, for he was fairly certain that was what had happened to the hanyou. In addition, the priest had actually referred to InuYasha as an abomination, just for what he was, and not who he was or what he had done. And it was not that long ago that the hanyou's own half brother had repeatedly attacked him. Was that the kind of hatred that InuYasha had lived his entire life with?
 
If that was the case, maybe it was no wonder that the hanyou had a hard time believing that Kagome really loved him. It was truly beyond the monk's comprehension. While his Master Mushin may have been a perpetual drunk, he did care for Miroku and brought him up with discipline and love. And even though Miroku was brought up to battle and expel youkai, the monk also knew that all demons were not evil. He had been associated with the tanuki youkai Hachimon for as long as he could remember.
 
“Houshi?”
 
Miroku was yanked from his thoughts by the voice of the demon slayer. “Yes, Sango?”
 
“What were you thinking about?”
 
The monk was silent for a minute and gathered his thoughts before he responded, “What the priest said yesterday, when he called InuYasha an abomination. He did not know anything about him, but said that because of what he was. I was just thinking that if that was the kind of loathing that InuYasha has lived his entire life with, then maybe that was why it was so hard for him to believe that Kagome really loved him. At first I was thinking I was jealous of him, but then started to realize the hatred he must have grown up with. Even though my father had died, at least I was still brought up by someone who loved me.”
 
“I know. I cannot imagine surviving for so long as he did. You know, we really do not know much about InuYasha, except that in spite of the way he has been treated by others, he still has a sense of honor. We really were not fair to either him or to Kagome when he disappeared. We should have gone with her when she asked, but even I was afraid he had finally gone with Kikyou for good. I did not consider that even when he did go to see Kikyou before, he always returned to Kagome. I should have realized he would never leave Kagome unprotected. And then, today, we left her unprotected again. We knew she was tired and still a bit weak, but we left her all alone. I should have at least left Kirara with her, but she followed me as she usually does. I know we did not mean to get so far away from the hut, but we did. We have to be more careful. What would have happened if she did not put up that barrier and throw the men away from her? And how did she put up that barrier to begin with?” Sango spoke, as much to herself as to the monk.
 
“We have only seen an inkling of Kagome's power. Since she is untrained, we do not know what she is truly capable of. Not all monks or miko can put up a barrier, even with training, but she erected one with such force that she threw the three men hard enough to knock them unconscious. On top of that, she has additional powers she has gained from InuYasha. Hers are starting to manifest themselves when she needs them, but we have not seen anything from InuYasha yet. I wonder what he gained from their union,” Miroku responded.
 
“Oh, I can think of at least one thing he must have gotten from her,” Sango said with a crooked grin.
 
“What is that, Sango?”
 
“You mean that you did not think it unusual that he did not either hit you on the head, or outright kill you, for trying to spy on them the other day?”
 
“I see what you mean,” Miroku replied as he rubbed his neck.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 Kagome and InuYasha finished off the rations they had brought along with them fairly quickly. Each was still lost in their own thoughts as they ate. InuYasha was still worried about what had happened, and Kagome wanted to get him to talk, but that could wait. The miko was still wrapped in InuYasha's firerat, though not for long. InuYasha knew what the spike in her scent and the feral gleam in her eye meant. He was watching his mate sensuously lick her fingers before she suddenly tackled him, wrapping her hands in his mane and thrusting her tongue into his mouth.
 
InuYasha responded by laying back, pulling Kagome on top of him as he wrapped one arm around her body, and the other gently in her hair at the back of her head as he softened the kiss and returned it full fold. He could feel her intense need for him after what had happened, and he wouldn't be the one to deny her. InuYasha felt her hands tugging at his kimono and hakama, struggling to pull them free. The kimono had been pulled out of his hakama and untied, so all he had to do was shed it from his body. Not breaking his kiss, he turned loose of his mate long enough to shift it off of his shoulders, leaving it lying underneath him. Now shirtless, the hanyou wrapped his arms around the miko once again and continued the kiss she so desperately seemed to need.
 
When Kagome finally had to pull away for air, she snuggled back against him, clutching at his bare chest.
 
“Kagome, are you certain you're all right?” InuYasha asked with some concern.
 
“Yeah, I just need you, need to know that you still want me. I'm sorry I was so careless,” Kagome responded.
 
“You! You didn't do anything wrong. I was the one that was fucking careless. I went too far away looking for something to eat,” InuYasha replied with disgust for himself in his voice.
 
Kagome responded by raising herself up to kiss him again. This time when she pulled away, she stayed over him, looking into his eyes. “It wasn't your fault. It really wasn't anyone's fault. I don't know where those bandits came from. I want you to stop blaming yourself for this. Neither of us could pick up anything from them since they were just human, and I doubt you could smell them because there have been so many humans through that area. Is that what's been bothering you?”
 
“Still,” InuYasha managed to get out before his mate thrust her tongue into his mouth again.
 
“You heard me, you came for me. That is what matters most,” Kagome said softly when she pulled away to catch her breath. “I do not blame you, and I don't want you to blame yourself, either. Do you know what I do want?”
 
InuYasha could smell another spike in her scent as she tugged at his hakama again. “I can guess, Wench.”
 
Kagome rolled off of InuYasha. Having untied his hakama, she grabbed the legs and pulled them free from his body as InuYasha raised his hips enough to allow her to yank them off. InuYasha was left in only his fundoshi now. He watched his mate slowly drop his haori from her body as the gleam returned to her eye.
 
“Run, InuYasha, run,” Kagome said huskily as she dropped to her hands and knees and started stalking him.
 
InuYasha couldn't help but grin as he scrambled away, headed for the warm water. He jumped in when he felt Kagome right behind him, and was brought to a halt when he felt her tug at the fundoshi.
 
Kagome laughed as she chased her hanyou into the water. Of course he wasn't trying very hard to escape from her, quite the contrary. He had jumped in the water and came almost to a halt, allowing her to leap in behind him. Grabbing the end of the fundoshi, she started to unwrap him like a Christmas present. Kagome spun InuYasha around a couple of times to liberate him from the restraining cloth until he was finally free of it and then tossed it aside.
 
Kagome grinned as she looked at InuYasha naked before her and said, “Mine, all mine.”
 
InuYasha responded by wrapping both arms around his mate and bringing her to him, kissing her hard. He started to sink into the warm water, pulling Kagome into his lap so she was straddling him. Kagome felt his erection pressing into her thigh as she settled down, and reached down to guide him into her.
 
The warm water just increased the sensations that the two were feeling. Kagome placed a hand on each shoulder of the hanyou, and threw her head back, thrusting her breasts towards him. InuYasha reached down and pulled first one nipple into his mouth, working his tongue around it until it was hard, and then he nipped and kissed his way across to the other breast before he gave it the same treatment. He could feel his mate rocking her pelvis against his, wanting to feel him move inside her.
 
With both hands on either side of Kagome's ribcage so that his thumbs could stroke her breasts, InuYasha started to raise and lower his mate along his shaft. Kagome's head was still thrown back, her eyes closed as she panted in pleasure from her mate's movements.
 
“Oh…Inu…Ya…sha…harder….harder …faster,” the miko gasped.
 
InuYasha started rocking his hips into her as he moved her up and down. “`gome…you…feel…so…good…oh…oh Kagomeeee!”
 
InuYasha slammed hard into her one more time as he exploded into her. He wrapped both of his arms around her, pulling her back to him so that he could kiss her again. When the hanyou broke away so that they could catch their breath, he surprised the miko by lifting her up and laying her back on the smooth rock that was behind them. The rock was still warm from the afternoon sun, and Kagome lay gloriously naked upon it. InuYasha stood in the water, pulling her nipple into his mouth once again, swirling his tongue round and round while his hand kneaded the neglected breast. He then trailed his tongue across to the other breast before he pulled it into his mouth, scrapping her nipple with his fangs just enough to make her gasp in pleasure. When both nipples were fully erect, he started kissing and nipping his way down her abdomen, trailing from her breasts to her navel. Stopping there as well, InuYasha circled it with his tongue before he suckled on it softly. Catching a thigh in each arm and lowering himself into the water so that he was on his knees, InuYasha made Kagome mewl in pleasure as he started trailing his tongue up her thigh to her warm center, though he bypassed the area begging for his attention and kissed back down the inside of the other thigh. In spite of the water, he could tell that the slick heat that was emanating from her had nothing to do with where they were. Kagome was trying to thrust herself into the hanyou's face without sliding off of the rock.
 
“Impatient, are we?” InuYasha chuckled.
 
Kagome responded by trying to wrap her legs around his head and pulling him in.
 
InuYasha decided not to tease her anymore - he had had one release of his own already, after all. He thrust his tongue between her folds and dragged it up her warm center, landing on the pearl that seemed to bring her so much pleasure. Gently, he pulled her clit between his teeth, grazing her with his fangs as he applied pressure to her little nub with his tongue. He heard her gasp in pleasure again as he thumped her with his tongue. Suddenly, he thrust his tongue deep into her, curling it to lick her walls as he applied pressure to her pearl with the pad of his thumb. He started rubbing her in rhythm with his thrusts, starting out slowly and softly.
 
“Oh…Kami…Inu…Yasha…harder…har der…harder…now faster,” Kagome panted.
 
The hanyou responded as Kagome writhed in response to his touch. He felt a hand reach down to stroke his ear as he continued to pleasure his mate. Her grip almost became painful when he heard what he was waiting for.
 
“Don't...stop…don't…stop…oh…InuYash aaaa!” Kagome cried as she started to orgasm violently, her legs clamped around her mate's head once again. InuYasha thrust his tongue in as far as he could reach while her juices flowed towards his mouth. He continued to lick at her gently as long as her body continued to respond.
 
“Oh, Kami, InuYasha, I don't think I can take much more,” Kagome pleaded as he continued to lap at her warm and still-twitching center. She had finally released his head from the vice-like grip her legs had on him.
 
InuYasha trailed his tongue from her nub up to her belly button, and kissed her on her stomach. He stood in the water so that he could reach down and kiss her, pressing his growing need into her thigh once again. Kagome could taste herself on his lips, and she wrapped one hand in his mane to bring him closer to her as her other hand reached down to stroke him.
 
“InuYasha, that was fantastic, but what is this?” Kagome said teasingly as she continued to rub his erection.
 
“That, my mate, is what you do to me,” InuYasha responded.
 
Kagome surprised him by turning loose of him and then turning around. Planting her feet on the bottom and bracing herself against the rock she said, “Well, what are you waiting for?”
 
InuYasha guided himself into her from behind before he reached up to take a breast in each hand. The hanyou nipped and kissed up and down her spine as he began to thrust into her once again. He found himself hovering over his mark, and then grazing her shoulder with his fangs, before he found himself suckling at the flesh that contained his mark as he drove into his mate. InuYasha had to turn her shoulder loose when he started to pant after Kagome started using the rock for leverage and slamming back into him. The only sounds that could be heard was the panting and gasps of pleasure of the two mates as their bodies hammered together, and the water that sloshed around them. Wanting to ensure that Kagome reached her climax with him this time, InuYasha dropped one hand down and found her swollen pearl. He started to rub it with his middle finger as they frantically pounded against each other, each wanting to please the other as much as to find their own release. InuYasha felt her channel start to convulse around him as he thrust into her hard one more time to fill her with his seed. Kagome rested her forearms and elbows on the rock so that she could lay her head on them as her mate flooded her with his warmth. InuYasha once again wrapped his arms around the miko and lay across her back, emanating the soothing growls that made both of their bodies vibrate. They remained like that until he finally felt himself start to slide out of her.
 
Content for the moment, InuYasha sank back down into the warm water, gently tugging at Kagome's hand so that she settled in beside him. They sat in silence; Kagome nestled against InuYasha's shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her on the forehead. Basking in the knowledge of their deep-seated love, no words were needed.
 
 
 
To be continued...