InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 2): Awakenings ❯ The Road Home (Part 2) ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I still do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. However, any original characters do belong to me.
 
 
Live and Let Die: Awakenings
 
 
Chapter 15: The Road Home (Part 2) (Warning: Lemons)
 
As the morning sun rose into the sky, things started to dry out, making the way easier as the group headed back towards their home. Kagome was walking up front with Sango, and Kirara was perched on the slayer's shoulder. Miroku had fallen in step with InuYasha behind them. The monk had to admit it was a lovely view, watching the shapely hips of the two females sway in front of him. He heard a low growl, however, that yanked him from any further lecherous thoughts.
 
“Monk, when I said don't do something to make Sango kill ya, I should have said don't do anything to make me kill you, either,” the hanyou stated so that only Miroku could hear.
 
The monk sighed. “I was just looking. No harm intended. You will have to admit it is a nice view.”
 
He heard a growl in response. Miroku dropped his shoulders and looked at the ground in front of him. He just couldn't win.
 
 
 
Kagome was walking alongside Sango, a little ways in front of the guys. Sango looked back over her shoulder to see just how far back they were, before she asked the question that was nagging at her. “Kagome?”
 
“Yeah, Sango?”
 
“Why were you in InuYasha's lap this morning? Can he not go a single night without you?” the demon slayer asked.
 
Kagome flushed red. “What does it matter to you, Sango? Even though it isn't any of your business, I was in his lap because I wanted to be.”
 
“But would you not have been more comfortable on your sleeping bag?”
 
Kagome stopped in her tracks. “Sango, I don't know what your problem is. Why can't you just leave it alone? Why do you keep trying to come between us?”
 
“Kagome...it...it…it is just that I think of you as my sister. I do not want you to be hurt again. Is he so possessive that you cannot sleep alone one single night?”
 
“Is that what you think, Sango?
 
“Well? Is it not true?” the demon slayer snapped back.
 
“Sango, InuYasha is not like Kouga - he has never proclaimed to own me. But do you happen to recall insisting that InuYasha had gone after Kikyou and that we shouldn't follow? Do you remember at the time that he was sealed in a cave? Have you already forgotten that he nearly died in that cave? Didn't you notice last night he was going to stay outside in the rain? That he only came in because I told him that I wouldn't leave him alone out there? What we do is none of your business, but if it makes him more comfortable for me to sleep in his lap when we have to stay in a cave, then I'll gladly do it. You might try it yourself sometime before you judge something that you haven't experienced. Now, I'm going ahead with InuYasha. Do NOT use Kirara to try and catch up with us.”
 
When the girls stopped, InuYasha straightened his arm out and stopped Miroku. The hanyou could hear what was being said and didn't want to get too near the explosion. Miroku started to say something, but InuYasha put his hand up to quiet him.
 
The hanyou whispered, “Take my word for it, you don't want to get too close right now.”
 
Miroku looked at the miko that was now flushed red with her hands balled in fists at her sides. The monk mentally wanted to slap himself or Sango, he wasn't sure which. He had warned the demon slayer about pushing Kagome regarding her new relationship with InuYasha. He guessed that he should be glad she said something to the miko rather than to the still insecure hanyou (well, at least regarding the actions of humans). Kagome was obviously trying to put an end to it - he just hoped that Sango had not said something that might cause irreparable harm. However Miroku was jolted out of his thoughts as he noticed that the miko had turned and was storming in his direction.
 
Miroku was waving his hands in front of him. “Whatever it was, I did not do it. I swear!”
 
Kagome stopped in front of the monk. “I know, Miroku. I had actually been expecting the snide remarks to come from you, not Sango.” The miko sighed. “You actually have been supportive, in your own way. At the moment I'm angry and need to cool off. I'm going ahead with InuYasha. I told Sango not to use Kirara to try and catch up with us and that goes for you, too. We won't go any further than where you can reach by sometime this afternoon.”
 
InuYasha just raised an eyebrow. He could feel a combination of anger and lust radiating from his mate. He remained silent as she took the backpack from him, hoisted it over her shoulders, and then climbed on his back. He took off at a run in the direction that they were headed.
 
 
“What did you do, Sango?” Miroku questioned as he approached the red-faced demon slayer.
 
“What do you mean, what did I do? Kagome did not tell you?” she retorted.
 
Miroku started walking in the direction the others had disappeared in. “No, Sango. She just said that she was upset and needed to cool off. Though she did make a comment to the effect of that she suspected that I would be the one to make the snide remarks, not you.”
 
“I could not believe it. We woke up this morning and you did not say a word. How could you pass up making a crack about Kagome sleeping in InuYasha's lap? If you had said something, I probably would not have,” the slayer responded.
 
“I did not say anything because I heard InuYasha call for her in the night, apparently in a nightmare. When Kagome woke he was only mumbling. She did not realize that he had called her name quite loudly before, which is probably what woke her up. She moved into his lap and covered them up with the blanket of her own accord. InuYasha was not even awake. I figure it is our fault if he has nightmares because we had to stay in a cave, so I certainly would not add to it by making a joke about it. I really wish you could have done as I suggested and just left it alone.”
 
“What do you mean, it was our fault? It was not our fault it rained,” Sango retorted.
 
“No, it was our fault that he is now uncomfortable if we have to seek a cave as shelter. It was our fault that he was sealed in one for seven days. If we had listened to Kagome, he would have been found a lot sooner. I do not blame anyone for that other than us.” Miroku answered her.
 
“You mean you blame me,” Sango snapped.
 
“I did not say that. I could have insisted that we go when Kagome wanted to, but I did not. It was all of our faults for assuming the worst. I am just as guilty because I agreed. They obviously do not want us to know that he has issues with it, so I chose to keep my mouth shut.”
 
Sango opened her mouth and then closed it. She had gotten herself into this mess - it was no one's fault but her own that Kagome was currently mad at her. She fell silent and continued along the path with Miroku.
 
 
 
InuYasha ran until he had put a fair amount of distance between them but then slowed to a walk. He could not miss the soft sobs into his shoulder or the tears that were starting to soak through his haori. Finally he came to a halt and gently lowered his mate to the ground. He took the backpack from her to set it down and then wrapped his arms around her, stroking her hair and back.
 
“Kagome, what is it? Why are you so upset?” the hanyou asked worriedly.
 
The miko choked back another sob. “Why can't she just be happy for me? Why does she have to keep trying to make me mad at you?”
 
“Keh, you know I don't understand my own feelings, much less anyone else's,” InuYasha replied honestly. “What did she say to upset you so?”
 
“She wanted to know why I was in your lap this morning. She claimed that you are so possessive that you can't go a single night without me. Even Miroku had the good sense not to say anything. Why couldn't she just leave it alone?” Kagome's sobs had finally started to subside though her statement was interrupted by a couple of hiccups.
 
InuYasha had started rubbing Kagome's back in circles, trying to calm her as he spoke. “Well, she is right about one thing - I never want to spend a single day or night without you. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?”
 
“Love me.”
 
“Keh? Here? Now?”
 
“Yes,” Kagome said as she started rubbing her mate through his hakama, not taking much to bring him to life. She pulled off her panties from under the skirt she had dressed in that morning and then proceeded to pull InuYasha's face to hers as he untied his hakama and unwrapped his fundoshi.
 
Kagome had one hand tangled in the hanyou's mane and another rubbing his ear as she impatiently pulled his tongue into her mouth. She felt herself being lifted and then settled down on his shaft. He had one arm cupping her buttocks as the other hand reached between them to pinch her clit. InuYasha started to thrust into her hard, until she screamed his name to the skies above. As her walls clenched around him, he exploded to fill her with his hot seed. Both now panting, Kagome wrapped her arms and legs around him as she buried her face in his mane at the crook of his neck. She could feel InuYasha planting soft kisses on her shoulder, neck, and the side of her face, both of his arms now wrapped securely around her.
 
InuYasha just held his mate like that for a few minutes until their heartbeats started to slow to normal, and he could tell that Kagome was no longer upset. He finally pulled just far enough away to kiss her gently on the lips.
 
“Better now?” he whispered.
 
“Yes, thank you, InuYasha.”
 
“Keh. It weren't no trouble. I should be thanking you. I still can't believe you wanted to be with a hanyou like me.”
 
“You are all I have ever wanted, InuYasha. Never forget that.”
 
“Keh,” the hanyou replied as Kagome started to untangle herself from him and he set her down. InuYasha then dropped down to clean her up, and she surprised him by doing the same.
 
“Turnabout's fair play,” she said.
 
InuYasha looked puzzled, but didn't argue. Instead, he wrapped himself back up and pulled his hakama up, ready to start walking again.
 
They had started down the road again in silence until Kagome brought up something she had been worrying about.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“Yeah, Kagome?”
 
“I was thinking…”
 
“About what?”
 
“When we get back. I would feel better if we told the rest of my family about us. I don't like hiding things from them,” Kagome said seriously.
 
“You ain't worried it'll give the old man a…a what do you call them?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Heart attack?”
 
“Keh, a heart attack. What does your mother think? Have you asked her about it?” the hanyou inquired.
 
“Yes and no. I think she was going to try and drop some hints while we were on this trip so it wouldn't be such a shock,” Kagome responded.
 
“If you don't think it will kill him or that he might come up with a sutra with some real power to purify me, we can tell him,” InuYasha told her.
 
Kagome actually giggled. “After what happened to the priest's ofuda, I don't think you have to worry about my grandfather.”
 
“Keh.”
 
They were both startled by the screeching of a crow diving towards them. InuYasha pulled out Tessaiga and transformed it, but was then puzzled because it turned out to be just an ordinary crow. However, his question was soon answered by the itching and then sucking sound from his neck. A slap revealed the intruder.
 
“Lord InuYasha! Congratulations are in order!” the small voice from the body that had been flattened by his hand proclaimed.
 
“Myouga! Where the fuck have you been all this time?” InuYasha asked him as he held him on his palm in front of him.
 
“Here and there. I do have my own matters to attend to,” the flea youkai replied indignantly.
 
“And what do you mean about congratulations are in order?” Kagome asked.
 
“Well it is obvious. Lord InuYasha has claimed you as his mate!” Myouga responded.
 
“Keh. But that isn't really any of your business, is it, flea?” the hanyou asked.
 
“Of course it is, as your loyal vassal. But tell me, how did you know how to do everything properly? Apparently everything is in order, but I never told you what you needed to know,” the flea responded.
 
“Sesshomaru told me. Our father left a journal with him that had the information he was to tell me when I was old enough. I guess he didn't trust you to stick around long enough to be of much help,” InuYasha replied.
 
Myouga ignored the slap against his cowardly character. “So you both completed the blood bond?”
 
InuYasha practically glared at him. He really did not like these personal discussions. “Keh. You know that we did.”
 
The flea demon disregarded him and continued, “And have you each gained from the exchange?”
 
“Yes, we did. What do you know about it, Myouga?” It was Kagome speaking this time.
 
“Just that by sharing blood, each of you both offered and took something from the other. For instance, Lady Kagome, you probably now heal faster and seem stronger. InuYasha, you seem calmer than before, though I'm guessing you have not been mated for long,” the flea contemplated.
 
“No, we have not, but what do you mean? What would it matter?” Kagome asked.
 
“It is just that, well…” Myouga was starting to sweat.
 
“What? Spit it out,” InuYasha commanded.
 
“Well, you see, I actually got here earlier, but had to fly by. You two were, um, busy…” the flea finally said.
 
Kagome blushed bright red. “You mean you watched us? That was supposed to be private!”
 
“Well you were in the middle of the road for anyone to see!” Myouga pointed out. “You act just like a newly mated pair of demons.”
 
“What do you mean?” InuYasha asked. He was curious about the burning sensation he often felt to take his mate.
 
“When demons are newly mated they are driven to, well…um…mate, until the female becomes pregnant,” the tiny youkai answered.
 
“Oh!” Kagome exclaimed. “But InuYasha is only half demon, and I am human.”
 
“Lord InuYasha still has strong Inu instincts, and you did take in some of his blood. You probably both feel it at least a small amount. Tell me, what else have you learned that you gained from the blood bond?”
 
InuYasha and Kagome continued walking as they explained to Myouga everything they had recognized so far as a result of their mating. He seemed most surprised to learn of the telepathy, though.
 
“You mean you talked to the bear and also with each other?” the flea asked.
 
“Yes, but I can't control it. Sesshomaru is coming in a few days to help us. He said that we need to learn to control it now that it has been awakened within us,” Kagome answered.
 
“Yes, Lord Sesshomaru is correct. If you accidentally opened your mind in the presence of the wrong person, they could flood your mind with false images and confuse you, even cause you harm. Lord Sesshomaru will teach you to recognize it, and turn it off. His father said he was an excellent pupil, so he should be able to help you both. Even though they have the ability, very few Inu-youkai develop it since they are capable of speech in their human form. Lord InuYasha, I did not realize that you had inherited the trait,” Myouga concluded.
 
“I didn't know anything about it until that happened. By the way, Myouga, why did you come after me? There must be some reason why you finally showed up after all of this time,” InuYasha asked him.
 
Myouga responded, “I was concerned about the rumors I heard of a dark miko traveling with a hanyou, demon slayer and monk under her spell. I came to check up on you to make certain that you were all right. Where are your other companions, by the way?”
 
“We just needed to get away from them for a bit is all,” InuYasha answered.
 
“Stupid comments,” Kagome muttered under her breath.
 
“What was that, Lady Kagome?” Myouga asked.
 
Kagome sighed. “Nothing. We should find a place to stop soon if they are going to be able to catch up with us today.”
 
“Perhaps I can help, My Lady. When I was circling and waiting for you to…um…finish, I spotted what looks like an abandoned hut up ahead,” the flea demon offered.
 
They had not walked much further when they spotted the hut that Myouga was talking about. InuYasha checked it out and declared that it was indeed vacant, so Kagome went in and set down her backpack. This time, however, InuYasha was not letting his mate out of his sight unless one of the others was around so he set out with her to gather firewood together. He would go hunting if the others reached them before dark. Otherwise, they could eat the rations they had brought along with them.
 
 
 
 
“You know, the only thing I wish is that Kagome had remembered she had all of our food in her backpack. I am starting to get hungry,” Miroku commented as they continued along the road.
 
“I am sorry, Houshi. I am the one that got us into this mess. How much further do you think they went?” Sango responded.
 
“There is no telling since Kagome was upset. She is the one you need to apologize to though, not me,” the monk told her.
 
“I know. Tell me something, Houshi. How is it that you have managed to keep your tongue in check? You have passed up a number of opportunities since we left the village,” the slayer asked him.
 
“I realized that day when I was trying to get InuYasha to talk to me that he does not trust me. Oh, he may trust me enough to fight by my side, but not in a way that would allow him to confide in me. He told me it was because he had been the butt of one of my jokes too many times. I decided the only way I could truly earn his trust would be to stop teasing him. Maybe he will eventually come to believe in me enough that he will tell me what is bothering him. I have actually bitten my tongue a couple of times to stop myself.”
 
About that time a slap rang through the forest.
 
“How is it you can control your tongue but not keep your hand in check?” Sango fumed.
 
Miroku just rubbed the side of his face and grinned.
 
 
Sango and Miroku finally made it to the hut that was alongside the road. The demon slayer was eventually able to convince her companion that they needed to catch up because she and Miroku were starving. They would count on Kirara to stop like she had before if Kagome and InuYasha were in the middle of anything.
 
They entered the hut to find Kagome and InuYasha in a conversation that involved an invisible third party, until they heard the tiny voice respond.
 
“Myouga! Where did you come from?” Sango and Miroku asked together.
 
“Just checking out a crazy rumor that I heard. Lady Kagome and Lord InuYasha were telling me about the priest you encountered and the trouble that he caused. They have been kindly catching me up on things since I last saw you,” The flea youkai answered.
 
“Including the fact that they are…” Miroku stopped himself and looked at InuYasha.
 
“Oh yes, I knew that they were mates the minute I tasted his blood. It was quite tasty before, but even better now with the hint of Lady Kagome added to it. Actually, I could tell it when I felt the presence of the marks, but the blood verified they had done everything properly,” Myouga informed them.
 
Sango decided it was now or never. “Kagome, may I talk with you, please?”
 
The miko nodded and rose from her spot on the floor. Together, they went outside.
 
Sango choked up as tears spilled over her lashes. “Kagome, I…I…I…I am so sorry. It is just…I do not know…I am sorry!”
 
By now, Kagome was crying as well. “Sango, I was so hurt. All I wanted was for you to be happy for me. I finally have what you knew I had always wanted and yet you still doubt him. InuYasha chose me, Sango; he marked me as his mate. I am certain that we will still have our ups and downs, every couple does. But don't hold his past against him so. InuYasha finally made a choice, and it was me.”
 
Sango hung her head. “I know. I will try. Can you ever forgive me?”
 
“Yes,” Kagome said softly as she hugged her friend and they cried on each other's shoulder. After they finally wiped their tears away, they went back inside.
 
Miroku and Sango were starving and dug into the rations that were stored in the backpack. InuYasha and Kagome realized that they were hungry as well and pulled out some to eat. Myouga looked like he had a smorgasbord before him with a hanyou, three humans, and the firecat. However, the glares in his direction told him they would not willingly allow him to suck their blood. Oh well, such is the life of a flea.
 
 
InuYasha found himself unconsciously rubbing at the marks on his forearm, which was traveling straight through his mate's body causing her lower regions to heat up. However, the stroking of his forearm also caught Sango's attention.
 
“InuYasha?” the demon slayer questioned with hesitation in her voice.
 
“Yeah?” the hanyou replied.
 
“Could I see, well I never…could I see the mark Kagome left on you?” Sango asked.
 
“Yeah, I would like a better look at them, too,” Miroku added.
 
“Let us see it, Lord InuYasha.” Myouga had decided to join in.
 
InuYasha blushed but looked at his mate. She nodded, so he pulled up his sleeve, baring his left forearm.
 
“Wow, the Kanji for `Forever,' `Friend,' and `Lover',” Miroku commented. “I do not understand.”
 
“The markings show what each mate means to the other at the deepest level. That is what Lord InuYasha means to Lady Kagome. Lady Kagome, how did Lord InuYasha mark you?” Myouga responded.
 
Kagome was blushing now, but replied, “His youkai half marked me with the crescent moon, but his human half marked me with the Kanji for `Savior,' `Love,' and `Home'.”
 
Realization suddenly hit Sango. She had not really thought about it when she first saw the marks, but now she understood. InuYasha considered Kagome as his Savior, he truly loved her or accepted her love for him, or both; however, she had the same question Kagome's mother had.
 
“I think I understand `Savior' and `Love,' but I do not understand `Home',” The slayer commented.
 
InuYasha's face now matched his haori so Kagome answered, “My mother asked the same thing. InuYasha said that he felt at home wherever he was, as long as I was by his side. That as long as he was with me, he had a place to belong.”
 
InuYasha just nodded in confirmation, once again stroking his forearm.
 
Kagome stood and held her hand out to her mate. “Come on, let's go for a walk.”
 
“Keh,” The hanyou responded and stood, following her out, though he turned back and said, “Myouga, you stay here.”
 
 
As soon as the couple had cleared the doorway, the tiny youkai found all eyes staring at him.
 
“Okay, Myouga, tell us what is going on. We know that you know,” Sango stated.
 
Myouga pulled out his pint-sized handkerchief and wiped his brow. “Wha...whatever do you mean?”
 
“Those two cannot stay apart from each other,” Sango commented.
 
“And they have gained abilities from each other that I would not have thought possible,” Miroku added.
 
“It is a most unusual situation, indeed,” Myouga offered.
 
“What do you mean?” Sango questioned him.
 
“InuYasha is an Inu-hanyou that has mated with a rather powerful miko. There are no records of anything even remotely resembling this ever happening before. Most hanyou do not even survive into adulthood, but take a miko as a mate? And most miko never marry, not even a human male. I was even surprised at some of the things that they revealed to me this afternoon. However, one thing they did not tell me is what happened? Why did InuYasha finally claim Kagome? What made him see past his stubbornness and give in to his desire?” the tiny voice responded.
 
Sango and Miroku both looked at the floor. Miroku finally answered, “It was us. It was our fault. He had been gone for a number of days and we thought he had run off with Kikyou. Kagome finally left us in the middle of the night to go after him. Somewhere along the way, she ran into Lord Sesshomaru and he helped her find InuYasha. He told them that their souls had already bonded with each other as mates would and suggested that they complete the process. They went to Kagome's home and were mates when they returned.”
 
“You are leaving something out, are you not?” Myouga asked.
 
“Yeah. InuYasha nearly died. Kagome barely got to him in time. If she had waited on us, he would have. And it sounds like she would not have survived long without him because their souls were already bonded,” Miroku told him.
 
“Nearly died! How could that have happened? What powerful demon was he fighting?” Myouga asked the logical thing.
 
Miroku shook his head. “It was not a demon, but a priest. A priest tricked InuYasha and then left him sealed in a cave with no food and no water. We believe he was there for at least seven days.”
 
“Seven days! Was that the same troublesome priest they told me about this afternoon?” Myouga questioned.
 
“That is the one. I am amazed that the priest survived as long as he did. I was certain he was a goner when he grabbed Rin,” Miroku said thoughtfully.
 
“That human girl that follows Lord Sesshomaru?” the flea clarified.
 
“Yes. I am surprised that Lord Sesshomaru allowed him to live, but I do not think he wanted to strike down another human in front of her. He could easily have killed the lot of them,” Miroku told him.
 
“I should not stay gone so long next time. I certainly missed out on a lot,” Myouga stated, almost to himself.
 
“Well, at least you did not have to abandon InuYasha in the middle of the battle with the snake youkai, since you were not there,” Sango said dryly.
 
The tiny demon muttered, “You have a point.”
 
 
 
“What is it, InuYasha?” Kagome asked quietly as they walked away from the hut.
 
“I don't know…it just seems like…so…so much. I had not really thought about it all until we were explaining everything that has happened to Myouga.” InuYasha answered honestly. “Did you work things out with Sango?”
 
“Yeah, I think so. She's just having a hard time adjusting. I think Sango wants more from Miroku, but is afraid. She never really told me what happened the other day,” Kagome told him.
 
“Miroku did. It's a good thing I had said something to Kirara before we left.”
 
“You mean they…”
 
“Almost. Kirara stopped them,” InuYasha responded.
 
Kagome sighed. “Maybe that is what Sango has really been upset about. She's just taking it out on me. She can't accept that you chose me when Miroku is still flirting with every girl we come across.”
 
“I told the monk not to do anything that would make Sango kill him before we defeat Naraku,” InuYasha commented. “You know what is really weird is that he hasn't been making fun of me…”
 
Kagome shook her head. “Whoever thought that Miroku would make an attempt to grow up before Sango did? He's not making smart remarks to you, but she is making comments to me. I just hope she gets over it one way or the other. I don't want to fight with her any more. I don't like the way she made me feel.”
 
They had reached a point where they were well out of sight of the hut. “Is that what that was about earlier, in the middle of the road?” InuYasha asked as he stopped and wrapped his arms around her, pulling Kagome close.
 
Kagome wrapped her arms back around him, rubbing his back. “Yeah. For some reason when she starting asking me about being in your lap this morning, it only made me want you. I was so upset that, well, I don't know why I knew it would make me feel better, but it did. It made me forget, at least for a little while.”
 
Kagome then whispered huskily into his ear, “And you do know when you rub my marks like that, it makes me want you even more...”
 
“I…I'm sorry Kagome. I didn't realize I was doing it. It…it calms me to know that they are there. Talking to Myouga and telling him so much…well…” InuYasha couldn't finish.
 
Kagome reached up and rubbed her mark, which went strait to InuYasha's groin. She just smiled as she said, “Two can play that game.”
 
The hanyou groaned as he roughly pressed his lips against his miko's. She eagerly accepted his tongue into her mouth and reached down to start pulling at his ties, wanting to shed him of his clothing. Both sets of hand started fumbling with his ties and then her skirt, top and undergarments, until they were free of them. Kagome picked up InuYasha's haori and spread it out on the ground, and then dropped to her hands and knees. Letting her forearms down on the ground and resting her head on them, she shook her rear at her lover to come and get her.
 
The miko was a little surprised but just sighed when she felt his warm tongue eagerly lapping at her. As soon as the hanyou felt she was more than ready, Kagome felt his claws gently grip her hips as he mounted her from behind. They almost violently slammed into each other, his testicles slapping against her as he pounded into her. Each panted, groaned and moaned as she had risen up on her hands, straightening her arms, to help her rock back in rhythm with InuYasha as he continued his long, hard thrusts. She knew she would not be able to last much longer when she felt him reach around and start rubbing her pearl and clit with his middle and fourth fingers. Kagome actually howled as her orgasm rocketed through her body, and was almost immediately joined by the hanyou. Both spent, he collapsed on top of her. Together, they lay on top of his haori on the forest floor. The miko had her arms drawn up under her, to keep her breasts from being totally squashed, and she sighed in complete contentment. InuYasha lay across her, rubbing whatever parts of her he could reach with his hands and kissed her neck and shoulders as his soothing growls vibrated against her back. Together, they lay there until the sun started to drop and their peace and contentment was interrupted by the protesting growls of their stomachs.
 
InuYasha sat up and pulled Kagome into his lap. “Hungry again?” he asked as he kissed her on the cheek.
 
Kagome turned so she could kiss him gently on his lips. “Well, you satisfied one craving anyway. I guess we should get dressed and head back.”
 
InuYasha pulled her to him for one more long, soft kiss. “Keh.”
 
The hanyou gracefully stood, his mate still in his arms, and then set her on her feet. He dropped back down to clean up the results of their heated passion, and then handed Kagome her clothes to put on, while he did the same. They walked back, hand and hand, unaware of their observer that was hidden high up in the trees. The ugly insect from Hell headed away for the long journey to deliver its news to its master.
 
 
 
Even Miroku blushed when the couple rejoined them in the hut. Kagome flushed the color of InuYasha's haori when she realized they probably had heard them. She surprised them all when she stated, “Don't knock it until you try it.”
 
No one knew how to respond to that.
 
Sango was blushing to match Kagome as she asked, “Do we have any more of the rations to eat? We are hungry again.”
 
Kagome dug around in her backpack. “Well, we have some more rations, and we have some Ramen. What do you want?”
 
InuYasha was practically drooling when Kagome mentioned the instant noodles so she said, “Well, at least one vote for Ramen. Anyone else? It's a good thing we're almost home, since I have only a few left.”
 
“If you have to boil water anyway, why don't we all have Ramen? We can have the other rations for breakfast in the morning. Hopefully, we will be back at the village sometime tomorrow,” Miroku suggested.
 
Sango nodded in agreement so Kagome pulled out the remaining packages and her pot to boil water. However, she almost dropped the entire thing when she felt a stinging itch at her neck.
 
“Myouga! What are you doing?” the miko screeched. “I almost dropped everything.”
 
InuYasha had grabbed the flea off of her neck and was dangling Myouga in front of him. “Don't you have better manners than to suck my mate's blood?”
 
“Lord…Lord InuYasha…I just wondered what Lady Kagome's blood tasted like now, and you were so preoccupied with dinner I thought I would grab a snack.”
 
InuYasha just glared at him. “You know you can drop all of the `Lord' crap, and stay off of Kagome, got it?”
 
“Yes,” Myouga nodded his head.
 
“Good. If you behave yourself we'll let you suck the runt's blood when we get back to the village,” InuYasha offered.
 
“InuYasha!” Kagome scolded.
 
“Feh!”
 
 
 
 
The group was approaching the village by early afternoon the following day. The rest of the trip had been uneventful other than Myouga's continuous banter on numerous subjects. That was one thing the flea was useful for - he was ancient himself and had a wealth of knowledge about an endless number of topics which was amazing since he usually fled any place where there was the least hint of danger.
 
InuYasha sensed the red blur that was headed in their direction. The kit was moving so fast that he was going to knock Kagome clean off of her feet if he launched himself at her at the speed he was traveling. The hanyou was ready to snatch the kit out of the air but was startled when he realized that Shippou had jumped in his direction and would have bounced off of his chest if InuYasha hadn't caught him.
 
“Oi, Shippou. You missed,” InuYasha stated, holding the kitsune out in front of him.
 
“No I didn't! I meant to hit you!” Shippou said, then added, “Oops, sorry! I didn't mean that the way it sounded!”
 
InuYasha looked puzzled, so the kit continued, “I'm sorry, InuYasha. I'm sorry for the way I behaved. I'm sorry I caused you so much trouble. Will you ever forgive me?”
 
InuYasha tucked Shippou under one arm and ruffled the top of his red head with his other hand and said, “Yeah, Runt. I guess I can. How did you know we were here already? It's still a ways to the village.
 
Kagome reached over and took Shippou from InuYasha before he rubbed a bare spot on the top of his head. “What were you doing this far out by yourself? Is Kaede with you?”
 
Shippou shook his head. “I've been working really hard while you were gone. Kaede has been teaching me about herbs and I've been helping her sort them. She's also been helping me to learn to reach out and detect other youkai or those with spiritual power like Kagome and Miroku. I never knew I could tell it was you from so far away.”
 
“So you have been behaving yourself?” Miroku asked.
 
“You're one to talk,” Sango commented.
 
“I'm so misunderstood,” Miroku said under his breath.
 
“So Miroku has been up to his usual tricks?” Shippou asked.
 
Sango just sighed.
 
“Well, let's get going. We should stop in and see Kaede before we go to through the well,” InuYasha stated.
 
“You are going home, already?” Shippou whined.
 
“Sorry, Shippou. We were gone longer than we planned, and I have a test in a few days. I have to go back,” Kagome told him.
 
The kitsune looked at the hanyou. “InuYasha, make her stay!”
 
“Sorry, runt, but I promised I would let her go home when she needed to,” InuYasha told him.
 
Shippou started to say something else but then actually thought better of it. “But you will come back?”
 
Kagome hugged him. “Of course I will. We'll probably come back right after the new moon. By then, Lord Sesshomaru should be here.”
 
That made Shippou start to shake. “Lord Sess…Sessho…Sesshomaru?”
 
“Yes, Shippou, but if you behave yourself, you shouldn't have any trouble with him.”
 
The kitsune couldn't help but to rub his behind as he gulped and nodded. The memories of their last meeting were still clear in his mind.
 
 
They stayed long enough to visit with Kaede and give her some of the highlights of the trip. Kagome figured Sango and Miroku would fill her in on the rest after she and InuYasha had gone through the well. There were parts of it that she really did not feel like reliving right now, including the kidnapping by the crazy priest.
 
When they had relayed just about everything she thought Kaede should know, Kagome looked at InuYasha and said, “You ready?”
 
“Keh,” the hanyou replied as he rose to his feet and helped his mate to stand. Throwing her now empty backpack over his shoulder, they walked side by side to the well.
 
“InuYasha?” Kagome asked hesitantly.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Will you be ready to tell the rest of my family when we get back? I don't want to put it off any longer,” Kagome told him.
 
“Is that why you brought your bow and arrows this time? You usually leave them at Kaede's,” InuYasha asked, a bit puzzled though he had some feeling of what she planned.
 
“Well, my grandfather is probably of the same opinion as that lizard demon that attacked me. It will be easier for me to show him I still have my spiritual energy in spite of being mated to you.”
 
“He's in for a surprise,” InuYasha commented.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“He really does not have any idea of what you are capable of anyway. I just think it is going to be a bit of a shock for him. That's all.”
 
“I guess we'll find out. Are you ready?” the miko asked.
 
InuYasha picked her up and kissed her. “Now I am,” he said and then he jumped.
 
 
 Kagome kissed InuYasha one more time before they exited the well house. They were crossing the grounds to the house when they heard, “You…You…YOU! What did you DO!”
 
“Uh-oh…it sounds like Mama might have already told him. Don't get mad,” Kagome whispered as her grandfather stormed towards them, sutra held out in front of him.
 
“Demon, be gone!” the old man yelled as he slapped an ofuda on InuYasha's chest.
 
Mama had come running out at the same time. “No, stop! What are you doing! What's done is done!”
 
Grandpa had started slapping ofuda on InuYasha and, one after the other, they fizzled and turned to dust. Mama just watched in amazement.
 
Kagome finally reached out and said, “Please stop. He's my mate. I'm going to marry him when I finish school. And as you see, the ofuda have no effect on him.”
 
“But I do not understand…I dug them out of storage. They were the most powerful ones we have…” the old man said.
 
“Feh. As if those could hurt me. Even that crazy priest who sealed me in the cave couldn't harm me after I claimed Kagome,” the hanyou told him.
 
“But Kagome, did you not lose whatever little spiritual power you held?” her grandfather asked.
 
InuYasha just about choked at that statement.
 
“No.” Kagome pulled an arrow out and nocked it in her bow. She concentrated so that her body, bow, and arrow became engulfed in her commanding aura. “I'm stronger now. Being allowed to love InuYasha and knowing that he returns my love has only made me more powerful. We have each gained from the other, and it all seems to be for the better.”
 
Mama was standing with her hand over her mouth, with much the same expression she had when she came home and caught her daughter and the hanyou together butt naked.
 
Her grandfather stood there stunned. He had only read of such things in the ancient scrolls stored at the shrine. And even then, he thought they were highly exaggerated.
 
InuYasha said quietly, “That's my Kagome.”
 
Kagome put her arrow back into the quiver, as her aura receded into her body. “Let's go inside. We have a lot to tell you, and then I need to study for my test next week.”
 
Kagome reached over to take InuYasha's hand, and they followed her mother and grandfather into the house. The couple had much to tell them of the discoveries of their awakenings.
 
 
 
* * ^~^ * *
 
This is the conclusion of Live and Let Die: Awakenings. Never fear, it continues with Part 3. You will find Live and Let Die: Learning To Deal at http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/124818/ .
 
If you would like to know what is going on, including updates and news about other fics I may have put up like the oneshots or anything else, feel free to visit doggieearlover.livejournal.com . I will have news pertaining to any of my fics posted there. If you would like to receive notification any time a new chapter/fic is posted, you can join my new mailing list at http://doggieearlover.livejournal.com/12385.html . That way, even if the MediaMiner system is down, you will still receive notice that a new chapter has been posted. It also includes announcements for fics that you might be interested in posted at other websites.
 
Thank you for reading, and I hope you have enjoyed my story.
 
Until next time,
 
doggieearlover ^~^