InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live for the Music ❯ The Break up and a Peace Offering ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing, oh and the song down there *points to it* That belongs to my friend Shi or Ragemoon as she's know as on ff.net.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Live For The Music

Chapter Three- The Breakup and a Peace Offering

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next week went by quickly and it was now the week before the battle of the bands that both Kagome's band and Inuyasha's had signed up for. The six teens were quite nervous and rather busy.

Of course that didn't stop Inuyasha from composing a song for Kagome. He felt bad about all the crap he had pulled since they were little. So after a lot of fine tuning and going over it with Kouga and Miroku he decided that today would be the perfect time to give it to the girls. But he wasn't sure how to present it them.

"Well, if your that worried about it Yash, just write a note, explaining why you wrote it, attach all the music and lyrics, then fold it put it in an envelope and slip it in Kagome's locker," Kouga suggested getting a little tired of Inuyasha's constant muttering.

"Or just hand it to her at their practice tonight. The least that'll happen is she'll get pissed off at you. It's honestly no big deal," Miroku said not even bothering to look at his friend.

"Why are you acting so nervous anyways Inuyasha," a new voice entered the conversation. "You don't like that wench more then me do you?"

"Kikyo," he muttered in annoyance. "What the hell do you want this time?"

"Oh that's quite simple Yasha-kun! I want you to take me to dinner tonight," she said with a smirk. "Unless of course your to busy with my replacement... By the way, what is it about her that you like so much? Is it the fact that she looks so much like me but acts the complete opposite? Or is it..."

"Who ever said I liked her Kikyo? I don't remember the words ever leaving my mouth," he exclaimed glaring at his girlfriend of two months.

"Demo that doesn't mean you didn't think it. I know you well enough by now to know how you act when it comes to this stuff," she said glaring back at him.

"Gomen ne Kikyo demo that is where your wrong. If anyone knows him as well as I do, it'd be Kouga here. Besides the only reason your with him is because he has money ne," Miroku asked looking her right in the eye a knowing look on his face.

"I don't know what your talking about," she said hurriedly, and turned to look Inuyasha in the eye smiling warmly at him. "You don't believe him do you," she asked upon hearing him growl.

"Of course you do Kikyo, you know exactly what I'm talking about. 'He's such a freak! honestly I can't believe he actually bought all that 'I love you' crap. Besides I'm only with him for the money.' Do you remember that," Miroku asked a bit of humor in his voice.

"Is that so," Inuyasha asked looking down at Kikyo. "Is that how you really feel? Well, if that's the case get the hell out of here."

"But Yasha..." she started but didn't get to finish, as Kouga was shoving lightly away from them. "What the hell do you think your doing Kouga?! Get the hell away from me!"

"I'm afraid you didn't hear my friend here," he said pointing over his shoulder to Inuyasha. "Because if you did, you'd know that he'd said he didn't want to see you anymore. So I think you should leave now."

With that she walked away muttering to herself.

"Thank you Kouga," Inuyasha said as he got up from the table they were sitting at and walked away not bothering to look back at his friends or tell them where he was going.

Quickly Inuyasha made his way out of the cafeteria and into the hall way looking for the stair well that led to the roof of the school. That's where he usually went when he had a lot on his mind, and right now he just wanted some quiet time to think. Looking around to see if anyone was around to follow him up, he quickly deduced that it was safe and ran up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little did he know, their was someone there watching him carefully.

'I wonder what he's going up there for,' Kagome thought, as she pushed herself off the wall and walked over to the stairs. 'He looked sad, maybe I should go see if he's all right...'

'But what if he doesn't want anyone to come after him? What if he's not in the mood for company,' A part of her mind asked.

'To bad because he's getting it anyways,' was the raven haired girl's response, as she ran up the stair well after him.

'Why are you so worried anyways? Any other time you'd laugh it up,' the little voice continued to belittle her.

'This is different though, that look in his eyes, he looked so sad.'

'Just don't cause him anymore pain then,' and with that the little voice vanished.

When Kagome reached the door to the roof, she quietly opened it and stepped out into the snow covered roof top. Looking around she finally found him, and walked towards him. What she saw made her heart sink.

'It's not everyday you see him cry,' she thought to herself. 'Who ever did this to him, will be sorry.'

Quickly she made it to his side and placed a hand on his shoulder. Waiting for some sort of reply from him. What she got though scared her slightly, he reached a hand up to hers and squeezed it slightly.

"What's wrong," she asked looking down at him with a sad look on his face. "Surely it has to be something really bad, nobody has ever been able to bring the bad-ass of all bad-asses down before. So why now, out of all times?"

"It's complicated," he replied simply looking straight in front of him never once blinking.

"I see, so relationship problem's ne," she asked taking her hand from under his and sitting down next to him. 'This is different... Any other time he'd be yelling at me by now.'

"I suppose you could say that," was his reply. "Kikyo's just a bitch," he continued, no longer crying but clearly pissed off now.

"Yeah," she said brushing a stray hair behind her ear and smiling sadly. "But don't worry, your not the first she's done this to. If your wondering, yes I saw the whole thing. But that's beside the point, you didn't deserve that. Even if we aren't on the best of terms, but no body deserves that."

"Thanks," he said looking over at her a trace of a sad smile on his face. 'I like talking to her without having to fight with her, it's nice.'

"You know, this is quite different Inuyasha. Normally by now you would have thrown a snide remark at me. Why the sudden change," she asked as her smile reached her eyes and lit them up. "Surely the whole Kikyo thing had nothing to do with all this."

"Your right it doesn't have anything to do with this," he mumbled turning away from her. "Actually it's far from it. I have a bit of a peace offering for you Kagome," continued turning back to face her, and watched as a questioning look took over her features.

"Oh, and what would that be Inuyasha," she asked thoughtfully.

"You'll see at practice," he said and smiled a real smile. Something she'd never seen him do before. "I hope you'll like it. It took me a week to put it together."

"Whatever it is I'm sure I will," she smiled back at him. "It's not everyday Prep-boy Inuyasha gives something to an outcast," she laughed.

"Well, it's time we change that up a bit, ne?" he chuckled along with her.

"I suppose so,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right, what should we work on first," Sango asked looking over to Kagome.

"How about we do "Revolution Song" by Fefe Dobson, I could use a sad song at the moment." Ambi answered before Kagome could, and Sango nodded her head. "Two to one Kag, so what do ya say?"

"Sure," she replied then looked over to Inuyasha who was staring off into space. "That'll be just fine," she walked over to her guitar and picked it up, and watched as her friends walked to their perspective instruments, and started to strum away at the strings of her acoustic guitar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The minute Inuyasha had heard the strumming of a guitar he shook his head to clear it a little and turned his full attention to the stage. Mainly focusing on Kagome, who he noticed had a sad glint in her eyes which never left him.

"In my dream I break the chains that hold this place together

but in my dream the consequences would be so much better

Then they are.... cause beyond the walls that hold us here

Skies that stretch across the atmosphere

Oh a revolution is near,"

At this point Ambi joined in on her electric guitar, strumming a little quicker as the tempo picked up shortly after and Sango added in with a decent beat.

"In my dream I hear the echoes of the recent battle....yeah

Lost and wounded as the faded cries begin to settle for the night

But the words you use to hurt me now

Only seem to make me strong some how

Oh a revolution is now

And the days will get warmer, and I'll take down my armor

Together we can fight this feeling

And the demons that stalk us will eventually turn to dust

Together we can start this healing

Oh...Yea,"

Sango and Ambi dropped out for a few seconds then joined back in for a little while longer.

"Oh hey

Oh hey

Together we can start this healing

Oh hey
Oh hey"

Sango dropped out after the last little bit of lyrics and Ambi and Kagome finished the song out.

Blinking a few times, he finally excepted the full meaning behind the song, but knew she didn't necessarily mean it that way. He knew she just wanted to help him feel better, and let him know that he had made her stronger.

'But still that was amazing,' he thought still looking at Kagome. He smiled a little and nodded in understanding, and she smiled back.

"All right Yash, what's this peace offering you want to give us," Kagome asked from her spot on the stage.

"Well, I was waiting til you guys were done to give it to you, but I suppose I can give it to you now," he replied and got up from his seat, walking up the stairs to the stage and over to her.

She looked at him in amusement as he nervously placed the folder that held the composition in her hand. She quickly flipped through it looking over the lyrics and then what music he had written for it, she pulled out the lyrics and handed a copy to each of the girls behind her, then pulled out the keyboard part, laid it on top of her keyboard, and walked over to Ambi with the guitar part. Sango would have to pick a rhythm and go with it.

"Hallucination, hmm... your right Yash, I do like it," She smiled at him. It looked like it could be really entrusting and she wanted to give it a try. "Could you be a pal and run to the band room and grab some music stands for us please," she asked him.

"Sure, I'll be right back."

"All right, what's the deal Kag," Sango looked at her from behind the drumset.

"Why Sango, Whatever are you talking about," she asked innocently.

"Cut the crap Kag, you know exactly what she's talking about," Ambi said as she looked over the music. "Why are you two so friendly all the sudden?"

"Oh that! Well, let's just say he doesn't have it as easy as he lets on," she said and didn't have time to further explain as right then the boy in question walked back onto the stage with some stands and placed them in front of the keyboard and then Ambi.

"All right, are you guys ready to try this out," she asked them as she looked over her music as well.

"Eh.. Sure Kag," Sango answered looking at the lyrics.

"All right then, Ambi and I will start us out, Sango when you get an idea of the tempo you can join in," with that Kagome and Ambi quickly started in with their instruments.

"Fly away on a cloud

To a place where

Where dreams are made

To a place where

Fantasy meets reality

Where dreams are real

As dreams walk

The nightmares come

To play with dreams

To coexist within,"

Sango finally got an idea of the tempo, and quickly added in on the drums. After that no changes to the music were added and Ambi and Sango came in when it was time for them to.

"The mind’s eye

The nightmares walk

To be in the dreamtime

To fly away within

To soar on wings of fire

Where dreams are real

As dreams walk

The nightmares come

To play with dreams

To coexist within

To be one with

The night’s children

To be within the moonlight

The sun’s daughter

To be at one with the dreamtime

Where dreams are real

As dreams walk

The nightmares come

To play with dreams

To coexist within

The time of magic

The time of delusion

To be the chimera

Ever-changing moods

To dream

Where dreams are real

As dreams walk

The nightmares come

To play with dreams

To coexist within

To be within

The mind’s eye."

"Wau, for just having been handed that, you picked it up quickly," Inuyasha blinked a few times.

"Yeah, well I've always been good at sight reading, and I think seeing as though it was their first time ever doing so they did pretty good," Kagome said looking at her friends who nodded proving that Kagome was right and they had never had to sight read before.

"Well, then I must say you all did really well," he said and smiled. "Anyways, why don't you guys call it quits for today? I mean I know I have no room to decide what you guys do demo..."

"Yeah he's right, why don't we pack up," Kagome said looking over her shoulder at her friends. "It's been along day, and I'm quite shindoi."

The girls nodded and quickly all was packed up and loaded into it's perspective vehicle. Ambi and Sango were the first to leave, shortly followed by Kagome who stayed back to thank Inuyasha again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dictionary:

Shindoi: to be tired