InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living a Lie ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The arrow flew straight at Kagome as it was encased in Kikyo's miko powers. The shot seemed to move in slow motion as it flew towards Kagome and as Inuyasha's heart stopped.
 
 
The arrow slammed to a halt as Inuyasha's heart skipped a beat.
 
“Tsk tsk tsk. You should know better than to attack her like that Kikyo.” Sesshomaru laughed as he glided back to the ground, Kagome in his arms.
 
The arrow still vibrated in the tree it slammed into behind them as Sesshomaru flicked his eyes to the side to see it.
 
“What are you doing here you bastard?!” Inuyasha snarled as he stared at Sesshomaru's arm around Kagome's waist.
 
“Heh, that's funny. I thought you were the bastard, little brother” Sesshomaru spit back.
 
“Brother?” Kagome asked in shock as she stared at the gorgeous demon before her.
 
“Yes, I am Inuyasha's half-brother.” Sesshomaru cordially introduced himself.
 
“How did you know?” Kikyo asked as she stood before them, bow limp at her side.
 
“Do not insult me miko, I'm not stupid nor am I senseless. I could feel her the moment the well opened up for her.”
 
“And you just rushed right over to her rescue?” she mocked at him.
 
“No. We sent him.” A woman's voice called from behind him. “Kikyo, how could you.” the woman asked as she walked out from the shadows and pulled the arrow from the tree.
 
Kagome's heart stopped as she took in the figure before her. The woman's long dark hair flowed around her, her miko clothing dark blue where Kikyo's is white, and silver where Kikyo's is red. As the woman turned her gaze to Kagome, a gasp escaped Kagome's lips as she stared into the woman's eyes.
 
“Mother?” Kagome asked, Sesshomaru's hand finally falling limply at his side as Kagome stepped towards the woman.
 
“Yes sweetheart, I knew you'd find us eventually.” the woman whispered as she nodded and tears flowed from her eyes.
 
“Shira, this is not the time nor the place for this.” a masculine voice echoed behind her from the shadows. A powerful Inu-demon stepped out from the shadows beside her mother, but she knew immediately it wasn't her father. The markings on his face were the same, but the eyes were different. She couldn't explain it, she just knew he wasn't her father. Kagome's mother, Shira, nodded to the demon as she motioned for Kagome to stand beside Sesshomaru.
 
“Sesshomaru, bring Kagome and follow us. We have much to tell her and to discuss.” the demon ordered as he walked up behind Shira and prepared to leap off with her.
 
“He will do no such thing!” Inuyasha snarled. “He will not touch her!” he screamed angry, red seeping into his eyes with each word.
 
“INUYASHA!” The demon bellowed, clearing the red immediately. “You will learn control and respect! Your brother will bring Kagome with him, and you will follow later.”
 
“What?” Inuyasha asked, bewildered by the request.
 
“You will return to the future and explain the Higurashi family that you and Kagome will remain here for now. After you may follow us back to the Western Lands.” The demon ordered as he turned to leave.
 
“Inu no Taisho?” Kikyo called out, halting the demon in his tracks.
 
“What is it girl?” the demon, Inu no Taisho, replied with a snarl.
 
“There have been demon attacks near the village lately, and I was wondering if I might ask for Inuyasha's assistance in eliminating the threat. I believe it would be good training for him” Kikyo requested, her confidence growing as she added the last part.
 
Sesshomaru watched the exchange between Kikyo and his father while he turned to watch the glances exchanged between Kagome, Inuyasha, and Kikyo.
 
“Very well. Once you have finished here, then you are to report to the Western Lands. Is that understood?” Inu no Taisho called over to Inuyasha.
 
“Yes father.” he replied with bowed head as his eyes stole a quick glance at Kagome. Pleading eyes stared into hers as the name Kikyo triggered in her memory.
 
Inuyasha I want you to go see Kikyo this weekend and ask her” ringed in her mind as she looked at the expression held in Kikyo's eyes as she stared at Inuyasha.
 
“Sesshomaru, allow the two to speak for a moment so that Kagome may tell Inuyasha anything to say to her family and then follow us.” Shira requested as Inu no Taisho scooped her up and took off into the night sky.
 
“Very well Kagome, you have a few minutes and then we leave.” Sesshomaru said as he looked down at the woman before him.
 
His eyes widened as he saw that she was slowly reverting to her normal appearance - silver streaks of hair were leaking into her black mane and her nails were slowly growing out into claws. So the spell is wearing off now that she's returned he mused as he waited.
 
Inuyasha stood upright as he began to walk towards Kagome, her head bowed and eyes facing away from him.
 
“Tell them I'll be back once I've found all the answers to my questions. Once I learn the truth, and then I'll decide where I belong.” she called over to Inuyasha as she turned to Sesshomaru. “I'm ready to go now.”
 
“Kagome, please wait.” Inuyasha called to her, rushing to her side.
 
“My mother is waiting, as is your father.” She called over her shoulder at him, looking up at Sesshomaru as she spoke. “And from what I've seen so far, your father is not a demon to keep waiting” she finished as she stepped towards Sesshomaru and nodded.
 
At her acknowledgment, Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around her and took off into the night atop his cloud-like mist.
 
This woman is very fiery This may be much more interesting than I originally thought Sesshomaru thought as a smirk sneaked its way onto his lips.
 
“Kagome” Inuyasha whispered as he watched her fly away from him in his brother's arms.
 
“You know that she's meant for him.” Kikyo called over to him from across the clearing. “Why do you even bother to chase after her?”
 
“Why did you try to kill her?” He snarled back at her over his shoulder.
 
“Oh come now, don't be like that Inuyasha.” Kikyo cooed as she sauntered over to him.
 
Placing her hand on his shoulder, he immediately shrugged it off as he stormed away.
 
“Where are you going?” she called, peeved at his dismissal.
 
“I have to report to the Higurashi family, remember?” He called back.
 
“Inuyasha! Don't be like that. Don't let her get in between us. Don't forget that summer we shared together.” She pleaded as he jumped into the well and was transported to the future. “Damn that wench. She can have our mother's love, she can have that arrogant demon for all I care, but she will not steal Inuyasha from me. I'll make sure of it.” Kikyo grumbled to herself as she spun on her heel and headed back to the village.
 
 
I guess I should have mentioned beforehand that I am not a Kikyo fan. Don't worry, this is not a Kikyo bashing fic either. Please review!