InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Living a Lie ❯ The Strike ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The sound of scampering feet heading towards them caused a figure to jump into the shadows. Watching from the corner, golden eyes watched at Jaken scampered into view.
 
Where is that toad off to? Kirika thought as she watched the toad's movements. Following behind, the wind blew towards her. As the breeze rustled past her she caught the scent of another Inu-demon on the toad. So that's it is it? Well then, we'll just have to fix that little problem.
 
Rushing forward, Kirika wrapped her arms around Jaken's form and lifted him into the air. One hand rested around his torso while the other hand held him by the throat.
 
“Rushing off to tell your beloved Sesshomaru of our plans are we?”
 
“N-no, of course not Lady Kirika. I am your father's loyal servant, I have been for many years.”
 
“Yes, and that's why Sesshomaru's scent is all over you, you lying toad! Well, why don't we watch your beloved master lose what he holds most dear to him, his vassal and his woman.”
 
Retaining her hold on him, she ran off towards the group - just paces ahead of her troops.
 
 
“I have something for you” Sesshomaru said as he led Kagome forward. “Your parents sent it for you.”
 
Reaching down, Kagome unrolled the package and gasped as she stared down at her new bow. The bow it self was ivory in color with purple stripes decorated the bow, mirroring the stripes on her own wrists.
 
“What is it?”
 
“It's your weapon. It's made from your father's fang and enhanced by your mother's miko abilities. It will not only amplify your own strength, but it will serve as your protection as well. Keep it safe.”
 
The sound of a throat clearing behind them caught their attention.
 
“Sorry” Sango apologized as she stood nervously.
 
“Not at all, what's up?” Kagome asked as she stood and faced Sango.
 
“They say that dinner's ready.”
 
“Alright,” turning to Sesshomaru, Kagome continued “you go on ahead and get Inu and Kikyo, I'm going to go to my room and put this away.” motioning to the bow in her hand, she smiled at him as she turned and walked out of the building, a little bounce noticeable in her step.
 
“What happened to her to make her so peppy?” Sango asked as she watched her go.
 
“She received a very special weapon from her parents, and she also played matchmaker between Kikyo and my brother.”
 
“Ah.” The two walked off out of the room to get Kikyo and Inuyasha.
 
Walking past the dining room, Miroku called out to them as they passed the doorway.
 
“Sango!”
 
“Yes Houshi-sama?” Peeking her head back around the doorway she saw Miroku kneeling at the table, Kikyo and Inuyasha already present. “Oh, you already fetched them.”
 
Walking in with Sesshomaru following behind, the two sat down at the table, leaving an empty seat between them.
 
“Where is Kagome?” Inuyasha asked, looking around at all members of the table. Inuyasha sat to one side of Sesshomaru, Kikyo to his other side, followed by Miroku and Sango then finally an empty seat for Kagome.
 
“She went back to her room to return the bow that her father sent her.” As soon as Sesshomaru had finished his sentence, he shot up from his seat. “Do you smell that brother?”
 
“I can't smell anything.”
 
“That's my point. We should be able to smell the servants, each other and the plants and trees around us. Something is up!”
 
Rushing to the door, Sesshomaru threw it open to have the room flooded with smoke. Coughing, everyone covered their eyes and tried to recover.
 
“What is going on?!” Sango yelled through the gas as Kirara ran in from the outside, transformed.
 
“Someone is trying to kill our senses. Kagome! They're after Kagome!” Sesshomaru bellowed as he and Inuyasha bolted from the room.
 
Once outside, Inuyasha unsheathed his Tetsaiga and used the wind scar to clear the smoke. Surveying the surrounding area, Sesshomaru leaped off into the air only to land a few feet away. Bending down, he lifted something into his hand. As the group approached, they saw that he was holding Kagome's bow.
 
“They have her.” a snarl escaped Sesshomaru's lips as he sniffed the air once more and his eyes bled red.
 
Rushing to the edge of the property, Sesshomaru leaped into the bushes.
 
“UNHAND HIM!” he bellowed as the rest of the group scattered in.
 
Standing before them was Kirika, holding Jaken by his throat from her right hand.
 
“So, he is yours isn't he? Well I guess I'll just have to dispose of the traitor now.” she mocked back as she raised her other hand to strike.
 
Before anyone could even blink, Sesshomaru's whip lashed out and wrapped around Kirika's arms, pinning them to her side. As she was dragged to her knees by the whip, Jaken was released and scampered off to hide behind Inuyasha and the group.
 
Kirika's cries echoed through the air as the poison whip began to eat into her arms.
 
“Sess stop!” Rushing forward, Inuyasha ran in front of his brother and grabbed hold of his shoulders. “Stop! This isn't you. You don't want to kill her!”
 
“Why should I spare this pathetic wench.”
 
“Because killing her would make you just as bad as her bastard father. Besides, it won't help get Kagome back.” at mention of her name, Sesshomaru's eyes flashed golden again for an instant before returning blood red. “Kagome would want you to spare her, you know Kagome wouldn't want you to kill for her.”
 
At that, Sesshomaru's heart rate slowed to normal and his eyes faded back to amber. Releasing his whip, Sango rushed forward, Hiraikotsu in hand to ensure that Kirika would not rush off. Walking forward, Sesshomaru grabbed hold of Kirika and slung her over his shoulder.
 
“Grab your things, we're returning now. I'm going on ahead with Kirika and Jaken, be back by sunrise.”
 
Hearing his name, Jaken ran forward to stand beside his master. The cloud formed at their feet and rushed them off back towards the fortress.
 
“You heard him, go get your things. Kikyo, you'll travel on my back. Sango and Miroku will be on Kirara. We have to get back as soon as we can, Kagome's life depends on it.”
 
Running off, the group rushed to grab their things and be off.
 
“LET ME GO!!!!” Kagome screamed as she struggled against her restraints.
 
She stood, her wrists chained above her head, alone in a dark room. As she screamed, the door opened and in walked a man that Kagome had never seen before. As the light shined through the singular window, a scar was evident from his nose to his cheek.
 
“You're Shin.” Kagome more stated then asked.
 
“So you've heard of me.”
 
“I've heard of a pathetic excuse for an Inu-demon whose daughter was cast aside by Lord Sesshomaru. A pathetic demon who became bitter at his disgrace that he seeks to disgrace another family.”
 
Kagome's head flew to the side as Shin struck her.
 
“See, pathetic. You can't even hold your temper in the presence of this 'half-breed'”
 
“Who is the pathetic one? You're the one in shackles that not even demon strength can break through, and your hands are encased in a metal that blocks your purifying whip. You're defenseless. I'd hold my tongue if I were you!”
 
“Maybe you'd be defenseless if you were me, but I'm not you!” Kagome lashed out her legs, knocking Shin's feet from beneath him and causing the shackles to cut into her wrists as her entire weight was suddenly supported by the shackles.
 
“Feisty, I like that. Let's see how long that spirit lasts before I break it. Not even your precious Sesshomaru can get to you in here. We're within a barrier that they will never break through. They can't even sense your scent through here. You're alone, all alone.” Shin taunted as he walked out the door, slamming it behind him.
 
Sesshomaru, Inuyasha, please hurry. Kagome thought as a tear slid down her cheek.
 
 
I'm SOOOOOOO sorry it took this long to update. Move-in happened and then classes started. I hope to finish the story in a few more chapters. Please review!