InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Insanity ❯ Why can't you love me? ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Love and Insanity


A/N: I bet this is the first story you've ever read with a story line like this..... aren't i just the creative one..lol, or maybe IM just going insane... hmmm anyways... damn, this hang over is killin me..lol. OK on with the story and thanx for the reviews!!!




Disclaimer: I don't own Inu yasha ... blah blah blah.




Chapter 3


Why Can't you Love Me?


After about accouple weeks, Kagome's wounds healed and they decided to start their journey for the herbs, and who knows, maybe they'll even find a jewel shard or two on the way inu yasha hoped. 'I wonder if she can even sense jewel shards now' he wondered.

"Are we there yet?" Kagome asked again for the 7th time.

"NO!" they all shouted.

"What about now?"

"NO!!!!"

"Damnit"

"Crazy bitch.." Inu yasha mumbled under his breathe, Sango sent him an evil glare.

"I'm NOT CRAZY!!!!! Why do you all keep saying that!!!! i'm not..." the last part she mumbled to herself.

"Whatever you say"

"Grrrrr.... SIT BOY!"

THUD

"OW, SHIT KAGOME!!!!"

"Oh oh oh!!!!! I sense.... JEWELS!!!!" she said pointing in the direction infront of them.

"WHAT?" Inu yasha said a bit to loud. 'YES! She can still sense them atleast' he thought to himself.

"Oooh, there comin fast too!"

Inu yasha started to growl when he smelled that stupid wimpy wolf.

Right then, a tornato came up to them and stopped right infront of Kagome. "Hi wolfy!" she said as she muffled his hair on his head. "What the hell do YOU want" Inu yasha shouted at him. He did'nt pay attention to him, he just took Kagome's hand in his and stared deep into her eyes.

"I smelled you near, I just wanted to see you"

"Awww, thats so sweet" she said as she gave him a hug. He was totally shocked, he definatly didn't expect that. Inu yasha jumped up to Kagome and started pulling her off him.

"Stupid dog shit...She's MY woman!" he said as he started pulling her back. Kagome was just in the middle getting pulled from one side to another, then back again. She didn't seem to mind, she felt like it must be some sort of game. But soon her arms started to hurt and she couldn't take it anymore.

"STOP IT!!!" right at that instant, both of them let go of her and she fell on her ass. "Owww, damnit, that hurt" she said as she rubbed her sore butt.

"We don't have time for your shit Kouga" he said as he helped Kagome up and started walking away with her.
Kouga followed closely behind.

"Your such a cute wolfy.. aren't you! and such a cute little tail!" she said as she looked back at Kouga. He just stared at her for a moment "Uhhh Kagome? Are you ok?"

"I'm just great!! why does everyone keep askin me that?"

"Kagome, you don't seem like yourself.."

"I'm KA GO ME!!! See... i know me, you know me, That pervert over there knows me...."

He was starting to catch on... finally. "Inu yasha... what the FUCK did you do to Kagome!!!"

"I didn't do anything!! It was Naraku.."

"What the fuck is wrong with her"

"Oh Oh Oh I know this.... They all keep sayin i'm INSANE!!!(at the word insane, she crossed her eyes and put her thumbs on her ears and wiggled the rest of her fingers..thats what i call an insane look, lol) ....... i'm not crazy..."

"Oh Kagome" he said as he looked at her with sad eyes. It made perfect sense, thats why she was acting so strange.

"This is YOUR fault you stupid dog shit, I could have atleast protected her!"

That hit Inu yasha where it hurt, he felt it WAS all his fault, if he had just been there to protect her she wouldn't be like this.
"Kagome, would you like to come with me instead? I promis i'll protect you.."

"Ooohhh where are we going?"

"Anywhere you want to go"

"Can Inu come too!!??"

"Uhhhhh, no..."

"Then sorry, I can't go!"

"What the fuck are you trying to do anyways! She would never go with you, even if she is insane" Inu yasha shouted.

"Ugh.. whatever, anyways, I will be checking up on you my love" he said to Kagome as he took her hands in his once more right before he left, a dusty trail following beind him.

"God, I hate him...."

"Awww, are you jelous??" Kagome said as she grabbed his hand and tugged on his ear with her other hand.
He didn't say anything, just stared at her while she held his hand. She brought his ear down to her mouth "You don't have to be" she whispered as she playfully licked his fuzzy ear.

This caused Inu yasha's lips to form a grin, but soon went back to his tough boy act and let go of her hand and pulled away from her.

"Where exacally is this herb supose to be anyways?" Sango asked while trotting up behind them.

"Keade said to just keep going north and eventually we'll find it... maybe 3 weeks"

"Do you even know what it looks like?"

"Ya, she said it looked like a blueish purplish leafy plant"

"Oh ya, that helps"

"We'll find it"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



After it got dark, they stopped to set up camp. Kagome was falling asleep while they were walking, so Inu yasha picked her up and carried her until they decided to stop.

They decided it would be best to not get a fire going just incase she woke up. They set up their sleeping bags and all of them fell asleep, except for Inu yasha. He just sat there next to Kagome, watching her sleep. Then he smelled it... it was Kikyo.

He took one last glance at Kagome, hoping she wouldn't wake up before jumping on a tree, then leaped from tree to tree.

Kikyo felt a demon coming her way, so she took out her bow and arrow and pointed it to the direction she felt it coming. Once Inu yasha appeared infront of her, she slowly put her arrow away.

"What do you want?" She asked coldly.

"I just wanted to see you..." he said as he started walking up to her until she was just inches away from him.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Kagome woke up and noticed Inu yasha wasn't there. She was about to start screaming, but she also didn't want to wake the others. So she got up and went looking for him.


Eventually she started hearing voices coming from the forsest, so she quickly went to follow it. When she got there, she saw Inu yasha talking to Kikyo. Then she saw Inu yasha embrace her.

"Don't touch me! let me go!" she struggled as much as she could, but Inu yasha was to strong for her.

"Kikyo, please, let me protect you... let me hold you.."

Kagome wasn't happy, no that was an understatment... she was PISSED, yet at the same time, she felt as though her heart was being torn to shreads. Normally, she would have just kept watching and keep silent, but she isn't herself.

"Inu yasha!!!!!!" Kagome shouted. Right then Inu yasha let go of Kikyo which gave Kagome the chance to say it.

"SIT BOY!!!!!"

Thud

"Fuck..."

"Hmmm... thats interesting.." Kikyo said as she looked down at Inu yasha. That was the first time she ever saw that.

"Kikyo! Go away! Inu yasha is MINE!!!"

"EXCUSE ME?!?! I didn't come looking for him.. he came looking for me, and believe it or not, I AM the one who owns the honyou's life!"

"FUCK YOU BITCH!!!!!"

"What?" she had NEVER said anything like that to her before... whats wrong with her..

"You heard me. I sai-" She instantly stopped talking when she heard a sound of a soft baby cry. Kikyo was just staring at her, wondering why she stopped so suddenly. "Oh no... the baby!!"

She ran to the place she heard the cry from. She walked up to a pile of sticks and wrapped a cloth around it as she started rocking it. Kikyo just stared at her as she started singing that song she sang to Inu yasha.

"Early one morning,

Just as the sun was rising,

I saw a fair mate singing right down below,

Dont ever leave me,

Oh don't decieve me,

How could you use a poor mate so"

Right then, Kikyo got what was going on and she let out a cold hearted laugh.

"Oh Inu yasha, Are you replacing me with this insane child? How pathetic..."

"No Kikyo, I could never replace you"

Kagome heard this, and it really broke her heart. "You don't care about me.... just her, you never did" she said as she started crying. She dropped the sticks, forgetting about the whole baby thing and took off crying.

"Kagome!!" he shouted and was about to go after her when Kikyo pulled him back. "Do you really care about that child more than you care about me!?"

He had to think about that for a moment. He thought of Kikyo, and how she would never really be herself again, just an undead corpse, then thought of Kagome. There was a way to get her back, but in the meantime, she was still insane. He couldn't really think of who he cared for more. Boy did he know how to choose his women.

"All I know is right now, I have to go find her" and with that, he was gone.


~~~~~~~~~


Kagome ran and ran as fast as her legs would take her. Eventually her legs gave out and she collapsed on the mudy ground. She burried her face into her hands before she pulled out an arrow from behind her. She stared at the pointy tip for a moment before bringing it down to her arm.

"This is my flesh... this is my blood, I'm not her... I'm nothing like her" she said as she sliced at her arm, blood dripping down to her finger tips then on to the soft earthy ground.

"I'm better! I bleed! I AM human! but why does he pick her over me.... why?! She doesn't even bleed, she's not human, she's not demon, she's NOTHING!!!" she said as she took the arrow in her other hand and started to slice at that one too.

She dropped the arrow and stared down at her bloody arms and hands and once again began to cry into them, covering her face with blood as well.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


While Inu yasha was running though the forest looking for Kagome, He smelled her blood. "Oh shit!" he shouted as he started to pick up his pace. Eventually the sent of her blood led him to her. When he got there, she was down on her knees covered in mud and her arms and face covered in blood.

"Kagome, what did you do?" he asked in a whisper. He saw the arrow on the ground infront of her as she began to hold out her arms to him.

"Look at me! This is my blood, I bleed! I breathe, I bleed, and I feel pain! Why do you pick HER over me?! why? She doesn't breathe, She doesn't bleed.. So why?!?"

"Ohh... Kagome" he said as he bent down to her and wrapped his arms around her. She lightly started to punch his chest as she cried. Her punches gto lighter and lighter until she just stopped punching him and cried into his chest.

"Why can't you love me... why?"

This comment shocked Inu yasha, he couldn't even speak. He thought about it for a moment. He thought about how he couldn't live with himself if he lost her. How much he hated being away from her. Maybe it was love.. who knows, but what about Kikyo. He didn't know if he really LOVED her, But he belonged to her... didn't he?

"Why... why can't you love me as I love you.." Kagome asked as she looked up into his eyes.

At this point, when he looked into her eyes, he knew that didn't come from her being insane, that came from her heart. 'She loves me....'

At that moment, he realized that he loved her. He loved her with all his heart. He use to love Kikyo, but the Kikyo he knew and loved wasn't alive anymore. He no longer saw Kagome as Kikyo's substitute, but as Kagome.. just as herself.

"Kagome.. I do... I love you.." he said as he held on to her tighter.

Kagome snapped her head up at that coment "Do you really? Even though you think i'm...crazy?"

"Yes Kagome, even if I never got your sanity back... I still love you, I always will..."

"Oh Inu yasha!!" she cried into his chest.

"Don't cry..." he said as he stroked her hair.

She looked back up at him, her face just inches away from his, so she leaned up and brushed her lips lightly against his. Her lips were so soft and warm, not like Kikyo's were, her lips felt cold and lifeless. But this was different, he knew he loved her.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~ A/N: ok this is where i'm gonna leave it cause I gotta go to work. I hope you liked it... I hope this chapter was long enough for ya. I know I been making all my other ones real short. I decided for Kagome to keep saying she's not crazy because she's not sane enough to KNOW she's crazy. If that makes any sense. Anyways READ AND REVIEW!!! please? ~~


Arianna