InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Insanity ❯ The Darkness Consumes the Soul ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Love and Insanity

A/N: I CAN'T BELIEVE FF.NET TOOK MY OTHER STORY 'DEMONIC DEMONS' OUT!!!!!!!! I worked hard on that story! That shit took me a long time! oh well, I posted it at Mediaminer.org I had it up there for a while, but I forgot to post the last 4 chapters, so in spite of recent events (ff.net 's arrogance!) I have updated all chapters on it and chapter 15 will be up on it shortly. I really hope you decide to finish reading it there (for those of you that read the story)... it was going to get really really good. I am soooo pissed that they took it off! Anyways... here's chapter 5 of love and insanity... I hope they don't take this one off either.... as for the lemons I was planning to put in this story... I will put on mediaminer.org

Disclaimer: I don't own shit.... this is a fan fiction site, so I think its pretty obvious of what I'm going to say... so lets skip it (can you tell I'm in a bad mood?)

Chapter 5

The Darkness Consumes the Soul

Kagome was running through what seemed like a tunnel of darkness with a little light down at the end of the tunnel. She heard Inu yasha's voice call to her, and the light at the end of this tunnel of darkness was him standing in so much light, it seemed to be made by the sun. "Come back to me Kagome... just come back, I love you" She heard his voice say.

She ran as fast as she could to him, but to matter how fast she ran, he just seemed to be getting farther and farther away.

"Inu yasha! I'm coming! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!" she reached her hand out to him as she ran, but he was to far, as she ran, he got so far until he was out of site. She was alone, in this dark place she knew nothing about. Yet she could just make out Inu yasha's voice, but it was nothing but a whisper.

"Where are you Inu yasha! I can't find you! I feel so... alone..." she stopped her efforts of running and sat where she was, bundled up in a little ball with her forehead resting on her knees.

"But you are alone" she heard a familiar voice call to her.

"You poor pathetic creature, so lost... He will not save you this time... he doesn't care about you....Who's hand will you now take to help you lead the way..." As she heard the voice speak to her, he appeared in the darkness to reveal himself. It was none other than the bastard himself, Naraku.

She lifted her head from her knees, she looked at him, eyes glistened with tears. He held out his hand to her. She looked at it for a moment before he spoke again. "Inu yasha does not truly love you, his heart is with Kikyo, When you die, he will not remember you, he and the rest of the world will simply forget you, as if you never existed in the first place, come with me, Take my hand, I will show you the way! Take my hand and be the one to put Inu yasha in his GRAVE!"

She looked at him for a moment, she leaned up to his hand and paused, before spitting on it. "I would never join you! You are the reason for my suffering right now!"

"And so I shall be until you DIE!" He laughed out. He pulled out a little glass bottle containing green liquid from his robes. Kagome stared at it in horror, she knew what he held in his hand. She turned away from the bottle and started screaming. "NO NO! I WON'T TAKE IT! I DON'T WANT TO BURN!!!!".

"No, I suppose I can save this for another time." he said as he slipped it back in his robes. "I will find you Kagome, and you will stay in the darkness of your own mind until it consumes your very soul!" And with that, he was gone. Kagome stood up, She felt her sanity leave her again, she was waking up. She looked around, still trapped in nothing but darkness, but she could hear in the back round, all the tortured screams Kagome had ever let out, as if reminding her of her most horrible moments in her life.

She sat there, curled up in a little ball, in the darkness, until one last shriek in her head had jolted her awake.

Her eyes snapped open as she screamed out the last scream she had heard in her dream. She jolted up and looked around frantically. It was dark outside, she couldn't really see anything yet (her eyes haven't adjusted) and the darkness reminded her of her dream she had just had. She was shaking uncontrollably and she scooted herself into the far corner of Keade's hut, curled herself into a little ball with her head on her knees, rocking back and forth, muttering madly to herself.

"Don't leave me in..the dark... I don't want to be alone... I'm so lost! In the darkness..in... the darkness" Kagome's muttering was a little muffled by her knees. Inu yasha had sat there and watched the whole thing. He approached the corner carefully, so not to scare her. The other's weren't in the hut. He heard her muttering and knelt down next to her.

"Your not alone, it was a dream" he whispered to her as he put his hand on her shoulder. She jumped at the contact and Inu yasha immediately took his hand off her. She still sat there, her knees to her chest, but she lifted her head to look at him.

"A dream... a dream... its always a dream... only a dream, nothing but darkness..i can't understand..i can't UNDERSTAND!" the last word she shouted and banged her head hard against the wooden wall of the hut. She had hit her head so hard, blood came leaking from where she had hit it.

She looked up at the ceiling, tears in her eyes, and started muttering again. "No one can hear you... in the dark, where its cold, no one... no one ever hears you scream. No no no! no one! no one can find you! NO NO NO!" she kept banging her head against the wall hard until Inu yasha came up to her and cupped her face in his hand, the other hand resting on the place she kept hitting her head, so she would no longer do it.

He couldn't really understand her muttering, but he heard parts of it. "Calm down, its ok now, I'm here, your not alone, your never alone" he said staring into her eyes. He knew she couldn't understand him at that point of hysteria, but she still seemed to calm down a bit as she stared into his eyes. She jumped on top of him, hugging him and clinging on to him as if he would disappear if she were to let go.

Inu yasha was surprised, but still held her. She was muttering still, something about never leaving her alone, in darkness. He didn't say anything. He just held her until her muttering became whispers, and whispers into murmurs, until she had completely fallen asleep again in his arms.

He laid her down on the futon and covered her with the blanket that was on it. This wasn't the first time she had done this either. This was the 3rd night in a row she had wakened up, shaking uncontrollably, rocking back and forth, muttering to herself. Inu yasha just assumed that she was having nightmares and that was simply the way she delt with it when she woke up cause of her being insane.

"I'll protect you, Naraku will never hurt you again" he whispered as he stroked her hair, knowing she couldn't really hear him cause she was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kikyo was wondering through the woods, calling out to someone. For an unknown passerby that would have seen her, they would have thought she was crazy.

"NARAKU!!! SHOW YOURSELF!!!" she called out into the wind as her hair rose and fell to fallow the rhythm of it.

"Why do you seek me Kikyo, I have no need for you right now" called back a deep voice as he appeared from behind the shadows.

" I DEMAND ANSWERS!".

"Ask and maybe your questions will be answered..." he retorted.

"The child, Kagome, My reincarnation, has gone insane, I wish to know how... why..."

"What is it of your business to know?" he asked, wondering why she even cared.

"It is of MY BUSINESS because she holds most of my soul! NOW TELL ME! I do not wish for my soul to come back to me when it is lost and tormented!" Kikyo shouted in frustration.

"I did it to her..."

"Excuse me?" kikyo wondered how it was possible for a human OR demon to cause such a thing.

"I drove her to insanity, kukuku(insert evil laugh here), she is so fragile, I tortured her until I tormented her very being, her soul..."

"How!? How could you have such a power to keep a person alive long enough to live through such torture?" Kikyo was confused... why did he even WANT to do that? To personally torment her instead of Inu yasa.

Naraku told her all about Kagome's torture session and the liquids he had used. Kikyo was shocked, not even Naraku could do such a horrible deed. She was confused, and she... actually felt bad for her reincarnation that threatens to steel her only reason for living on this earth. Inu yasha. She only stayed so she could bring him to hell with her so they could be together... both their souls burning in the fires of hell.. together.

She looked up to the demon before her. She needed to know. "Why?..." was the only thing she could whisper out.

He laughed evilly at that question. "Because, my dear Kikyo, I hate her with all of my being. If it were not for her, Inu yasha WOULD BE DEAD! Also, come Kikyo, can you think of nothing? Your soul is the one inside her, If she were to die, your soul would return, Tormented and confused, lost in a sense, nothing more than a soul of a child crying out her last scream before leaving the earth. You, my dear Kikyo, Will lose yourself as well. If the heart of Onigumo still feels for you then...well, lets just say it won't matter. You will simply be used as a tool, from the point you get your soul back until the day you are put back in your grave!"

Kikyo stood there listening to his words. She knew as long as the heart of Onigumo beets inside of him, He could not kill her, and he will always love her (well, maybe not LOVE but close to it)... lust for her... need her. The very thought of Naraku holding Kikyo as Inu yasha once did was enough to make her puke.

She despised Naraku, but why did she help him then? Why did she give him that jewel fragment she took from Kagome. She didn't even know that herself.

Kikyo knew what Naraku ment when he said "A tool", she laughed coldly. "If I am to have my soul back, Then insanity will consume me as well. You'd like that, wouldn't you? Your tool, for lust, and possibly to get rid of the little love you feel for me once you've fucked me raw, and I can not take it any longer. You will NEVER get rid of that feeling you think might be love! You disgust me! What makes you think I even WANT that soul back! Consumed by your darkness! Your wickedness!" Kikyo was PISSED! Not just because of Naraku's wickedness on herself, but on Kagome as well. To do such a sin was unforgivable in her cold eyes.

"That was my soul! You've ruined it! She will never have her happiness! I WILL NEVER HAVE MINE!" Kikyo shouted trying to hold back the sting in her eyes. She would NOT let him of all people see her weakness.

"Tell me, Kikyo... Why do you care if she is tormented or happy, What is it to you? Were you not the one who tried to kill her?" Naraku asked, amusement evident in his voice.

Kikyo just stood there, to tell the truth, she didn't care. Or at least she didn't think she did. "I tried to kill her to take back what was mine! My soul, my...my.." she drifted off...

"Your love? Kikyo? Is that it? You wish to have revenge on her for taking the heart of the one you love?"

"NO! Inu yasha is not my love!!!! He is my curse!!!!!" Kikyo covered her mouth knowing she had said to much, something she had not wanted to tell him. It was none of his business anyways. She regained her posture and stared coldly at him.

"This is all a game to you, isn't it? Tormenting an innocent soul, so I will also be tormented when it is to finally come back to my body. It shall not return! I will not allow it! I refuse to be consumed! I REFUSE TO BE YOURS!!!! DIE NARAKU!!!!" Kikyo shouted, her arrow already out and pointing at him, and she let it fly. She took out another arrow after another, shooting him as fast as possible. Once all of the arrows had pierced him, he disappeared and the stick he used was cut in half.

"Just another one of his stupid puppets! COWARD!!" She shouted as she put the arrows back on her back and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome was outside, playing with shippo, throwing him up and catching him while Miroku and Inu yasha talked to each other.

"She really is amazing" Miroku said to Inu yasha as they watched Kagome chase Shippo.

"Why do you say that?" Inu yasha asked, raising his eyebrow in suspicion.

"I only say what is true, Look at her. Even though she is insane, she is still pure" Inu yasha grinned at Miroku's words.

"Oh I don't know if I told you this before, but don't let her near sharp objects, she has been having this weird urge to hurt herself" He said to Miroku.

"I know... What do you think brought this on?"

Inu yasha looked guiltily at the ground " I... don't know..." he said back in a whisper. He actually thinks he did know. She hadn't started hurting herself until the day he met up with Kikyo. Maybe it was his fault, But the way she had been hurting herself lately was different.

"Don't look so down, We should be getting to the herb in a couple days at most, once we have the herb back, we will have our Kagome back, just as happy as ever" Miroku reassured him putting a hand on his shoulder before walking away to get some water.

"Kagome! Look at the flower I picked for you!" Shippo said as he ran up to her, jumping up and down on her lap. She smiled down at it. "A flower for Kagome?" she asked as she pointed to herself.

"Ya! See, its for good luck!" he said as he set it above her ear, her hair covering the stem. "Oh luck! Kagome needs luck! Kagome thanks Shippo!!!" she said as she looked at her reflection in the lake. She looked so pretty, with a pretty flower in her ear and her silky hair flowing down her back, waving in the wind.

Inu yasha found himself staring at her before she noticed it. She looked at him and gave him a big toothy grin,"Hey puppy! come and catch the kitty in the water!!!" she laughed before running to the lake and jumping in. Inu yasha's eyes got wide. The lake was freezing and that uniform was the last one she had for the time until she went back to her time.

Inu yasha ran in after her and jumped in the freezing cold water. Kagome was playfully splashing the water, trying to strip her clothes off. Inu yasha darted to her and put her shirt back under her head. That was defiantly something he didn't want Miroku seeing.

"Isn't this fun puppy?!" she laughed as she jumped into his arms and kissed him full on the lips. His eyes widened again, but he didn't move. Miroku, Sango and Shippo looked at them and their jaws fell open.

"INU YASHA!" Sango called to him in a disapproving voice, knowing that Kagome was vulnerable.

Inu yasha pulled away, "I didn't do it! She came on to me!"

"Well, you... ok whatever.. "Sango tried to protest, but he was right, so she looked away and went back to polishing her weapons and the rest of the group went back to what they were doing. Sango trusted him not to finish what Kagome always seemed to start. Ever since their first kiss after that night when they met up with Kikyo, Kagome seemed to try and kiss him allot. Inu yasha was always embarrassed by it cause she would do it anywhere, and he wasn't one for public affection.

"Come on Kagome, lets get you dry and warm" he said as he picked her up and started heading out of the lake. "Aww man! No fun! Come on!" she protested before getting an idea in her head. She grin wickedly before turning her big green eyes to him (at least I think they are green). He looked down at her for a moment, wondering what was going through her head. She reached her hand out to his head and messaged his right ear. He stopped dead in his tracks, still in the water. He couldn't hold back the low purring sound from the bottom of this throat from the movements of her hand on his soft fur.

"Stop Ka..gome" he muttered out. She frowned at him and brought his ear down to her mouth. "Doesn't the puppy want to play with the kitty" she asked in a seductively before blowing in his ear. He shivered and nearly dropped her.

"No playing yet" he smiled back at her before jumping out of the water and setting her down on the soft grass.

"You should take those clothes off and let them dry" He said, a bit to late. Kagome was already striping right in front of him! She took off the rest of her clothes and Inu yasha hurried and put his fire rat robe around her.

Once he looked back, he saw Miroku staring, and he growled low in his throat. "You better stop staring before I rip your eyes out!" Inu yasha shouted as Miroku instantly turned his head down to look at the ground.

"I swear Miroku, your such a pervert!" Sango said as she smacked him across the face.

"I didn't see nothing! Sango, your the one I want to see" he said in a perverted tone. Sango blushed several shades of red before smacking him again. Although, in her head she was thinking how much she wouldn't mind seeing him like that either, but she would never tell him that... of course.

"Lets get going" Inu yasha said once Kagome's clothes had dried and she put them back on (this time, Sango led her behind the bushes so no perverted eyes would watch).

"Yes, lets.. only a couple more days ahead of us" Miroku said cheerily before following behind Sango to try to get another grope on their journey.

A/N: And that's it for chapter 5. I gotta stop here cause I need to get going on my homework. I have like 83 pages to do! and its already 10:15 pm! Man, i'm gonna be up all night! O well. Anyways I hope you enjoyed chapter 5! Oh and Incase you were wondering, I have posted chapter a new chapter of Demonic Demons on mediaminer.org , Just thought you might like to know, seeing how I'm not posting it on FF.net, cause they... u know, took it off .

Arianna