InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Insanity ❯ Poor Insane Child ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Love and Insanity


A/N: See, I told you I would update sooner. This story is really hard, believe or not, I mean, I gots lots of ideas, but it’s hard to find a way to make them GET to those ideas.

Oh ya just to make things clear, Kagome is only sane in her dreams... not in the presence of Naraku... I just thought I would clear that up for you. So it’s like a sane Kagome but she's lost inside her head.... if you don’t get it then... well, you'll see what I mean.


Chapter 7



Poor Insane Child



Inu yasha growled deep in his throat as Naraku stared at him in shock at his new transformation. "It won’t matter, the magical bark is unbreakable! Try all you want". Inu yasha gave him an evil grin before he flexed his claws and tore the bark to shreds. Naraku's eyes widened, how could he have gotten so damn strong? Then it hit him. This smell was not the smell of a honyou, but of a full demon.

He took the knife in his hand and pressed it up to Kagome's chin (which was a bit difficult seeing as how she thought she was being burned alive). He looked back at Inu yasha, who didn't even flinch; he just kept walking toward him like he could care less.

Naraku laughed evilly. This was the perfect opportunity to kill Kagome without getting his hands dirty. He had to kill her. If he didn't now, Kikyo would see to it that she wouldn't die, so her soul wouldn't come back to her tormented, so she would not fall into the darkness of insanity.

Inu yasha charged at him, claws flexed and baring his teeth. Before Inu yasha could touch him, he moved out of the way, just in time for Inu yasha to stab his claws into Kagome's stomach almost 2 inches deep. He pulled his claws out of her harshly before turning back to Naraku.

While Kagome screamed out in pain from also being stabbed and mentally burned at the same time, she coughed up blood and went back to her torturous screams. (Poor Kagome, First she pops her own arm out of its socket, then Naraku made her drink the potion that made her body feel like it was literally on fire, then Kagome gets stabbed in the stomach).

Inu yasha only had one thought on his mind. A voice inside his head was screaming 'KILL KILL KILL'. His target was Naraku. Naraku noticed that he didn't even seem to care that he had just stabbed Kagome. He knew Inu yasha would kill him if he stayed another second. He put his hand inside a pouch and took something out of it. He threw it hard against the floor just in time as a thick red cloud surrounded him and he disappeared.

Inu yasha then turned his dark red eyes to Kagome. She was still kicking and screaming while she coughed up more and more blood. For a moment, he couldn't even recognize her. He walked over to her and flexed his claws. Right when he was about to bring his hand down to kill her, he stopped, his clawed hand still in the air.

Kagome hadn't seen anything that had been going on, she didn't even really feel being stabbed since the pain of her burning flesh was already to much to bare. Inu yasha found himself not able to kill this human. He knew her face... somehow, even transformed, he remembered her face after a while. She was in pain, lots and lots of pain.

He now had only his demon instincts to act on. He sliced off her chains and grabbed her kicking and screaming form, and ran out of the castle. As he ran, he noticed the only thing not moving was her arm. It hung limply from her body. He stopped running and laid her down. He could smell so much blood; she just kept coughing it up.

After another 45 minutes, she felt the burning pain go numb and she stopped screaming. Her breathe was harsh. She had stopped coughing up blood 20 minutes ago, but she was still shaking really badly. Inu yasha was at her side the whole time, watching her with his red eyes. His demon part of him actually somewhat enjoyed seeing her in so much pain, but another part of him couldn't wait till it was over.

He looked down at his sleeve and tore a big chunk of it off using his teeth. He instinctively wrapped it around the wound that he had given her. After he made sure her wound was ok, he took her hand in his. Kagome stared up at him with tired painful eyes. She couldn't really make out what was going on, but then Inu yasha held her hand.

At first it seemed like he was just trying to comfort her, but then he tightened his grip and yanked it HARD and a loud cracking/popping sound came from her shoulder. She couldn't scream anymore, her voice couldn't even whisper now from screaming so much. She simply cried, tears flowing down her cheeks. Kagome was shaking. She didn't even seem to recognize Inu yasha.

After Inu yasha pulled her arm back into its socket, he took his outer fire rat robe off and wrapped it around Kagome. Inu yasha didn't know why he was doing this, but he felt like it was something he needed to do, like he had to protect her... like he was her mate, even though he couldn’t smell a trace of himself on her.

He lay down next to her and wrapped a protective arm around her before falling into a dreamless sleep.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Inu yasha woke up the next day to the smell of Kagome's blood. His eyes shot open as he sat up and looked next to him. The last thing he could remember was Kagome screaming out... being mentally burned alive. Inu yasha's heart sank to the pit of his stomach as he remembered that horrible sight.

He looked to Kagome once again and rolled her over. Her eyes were wide open, and she was shaking furiously. She hadn't slept at all. The last potion must have made her even worse. "Kagome... Kagome, talk to me, tell me what happened" he whispered as he shook her lightly.

She started muttering under her breathe as she shook violently. She wasn't even looking at him; she was just staring at the sky. "B...burns again...d...d...dark...so...so... pain..." She wasn't making any sense. "Shhhhh its ok... shhhhh" he tried to comfort her as he held her to his chest, rocking her back and forth.

He just kept rocking her and rocking her until eventually she fell asleep, still shaking and twitching, even in her sleep. Then, he felt something wet on his stomach. He laid her down to see blood had soaked through her clothes and onto his. He couldn't even recall her being injured like that.

He undid the clothe tied around her stomach very slowly and carefully. Then he saw it. Three very deep claw markings in her stomach. 'These aren't from Naraku' he thought to himself as he examined her wounds. Then he looked down at his claws. Kagome's blood was stained onto one of his hands, his eyes widened. It was him! He must have transformed.

He couldn't believe he actually hurt her, after all the pain she had went through. He felt like he could just die right there. "Wha...What have I done! I hurt her... I’m nothing but a monster!" just kept running through his brain. He just kept staring at his hands before punching the ground hard. He clawed through the grass to the dirt with watery eyes. Then he heard his name called from her mouth.

He turned to her, but she was still asleep. She was still shaking as she muttered his name in pain. He realized that this wasn't the time to mourn. She was hurt bad, he had to do something.

"Miroku! There’s no time for your perverted ness you senseless asswhole, we have to find Kagome and Inu yasha!" Inu yasha heard a woman’s voice say. It was Sango, at first he wondered why he couldn't smell them, and then he remembered, tonight was going to be a full moon.

"SANGO!! MIROKU!! OVER HERE!!" he shouted in the direction he heard the voices. "Inu yasha? Is that you?" Shippo called as they all ran to his voice. When they found him and Kagome, they sighed in relief. "I thought we had lost you" Miroku said to him.

"Inu yasha! What happened to Kagome?!" Shippo shouted as he stared at her stomach wound. "Sango, do you still have Kagome's backpack?" Inu yasha asked, completely ignoring Shippo's question. "Yeah, I have it" She said as she went to Kirara and took it off her head.

She handed it to Inu yasha and he went through it until he found the first aid kit. He cleaned her wounds and wrapped them tightly in gauss. The bleeding had stopped eventually, but if she moves around too much, then her wounds would open, so they had to keep her rested.

"Inu yasha.... what happened?" Sango asked. He turned and told them of what he remembered. All of it, The strange liquid that Naraku used on Kagome, when he got Tetsusiga knocked out of his hand... everything to the point he could remember.

"After that, I'm not sure what happened, I can't remember anything after that point...I think I transformed" Inu yasha said as he looked down at the ground. The group was silent, they didn't know what to say. They had already figured out that Inu yasha had transformed and gave her that wound on her stomach cause Naraku didn't have claws like that but they didn't say anything.

"So...The tetsusiga is at Naraku's castle..." Miroku said, breaking the awkward silence. Inu yasha just nodded his head. "I should go back and get it..." Inu yasha said as he started getting up but Miroku just pushed him back down to the ground.

"Don't worry yourself, Sango and I will retrieve it, you should stay with Kagome. I'm sure Naraku is probably far gone by now" Miroku said as walked back to Kirara and got on her back followed closely by Sango. Sango looked back to Inu yasha before getting on Kirara's back and took off.


They came back several hours later with the tetsusiga. By now, Kagome was awake, but it was as if she really weren't. She just laid there, eyes wide open, staring at nothing in particular, shaking violently. Always shaking, she was defiantly worse than she was before. She hasn't really talked ...well except for her insensible rambling.


~~~~~~~~~

They stayed in that spot for days until Kagome's wounds were pretty much healed. Within that whole time, Kagome's mental condition just stayed the same. She still didn't really talk to anyone, and she was still always shaking. When it was time to head back, Inu yasha helped her up and they began to head back to Keade's village.

She latched onto his arm and looked at the ground as they all walked in silence. It almost seemed unreal. Kagome looked so pale and pathetic, latched onto Inu yasha's arm. Occasionally, she would mutter again and burry her face into his arm, as if trying to hide herself.


Days went by, and then weeks, and they were almost at Keade's village. Kagome's behavior hadn't changed a bit. She hadn't talked for weeks, no one was really up for conversation lately (oh gee I wonder why). Everyone all just seemed really depressed. Inu yasha made sure that he never left her sight, except when he had to go pee or something, then he would have Sango watch her for maybe a minute, then he would come back to her and she always latched on to him.

She didn't eat much. Inu yasha had to hand feed her just to get her to eat anything. If a meal was put in front of her, she would just stare at it, like her mind was completely empty.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


When they finally got to Keade's hut, Keade laid her down on the futon and took the herb from Inu yasha. She tried to get her to eat it, but she wouldn't even open her lips. "Give it here, Keade, let me try" Inu yasha said as he took the herb from her. He put it up to Kagome's lips,"Kagome, please, eat this". Kagome didn't even look at him, she just kept her lips shut, her body still shaking... always shaking.

Inu yasha parted her lips a little with his clawed finger,"Kagome, please trust me" he said as he slipped the bluish purplish leaf in her mouth. This time, Kagome looked at him and simply chewed it and swallowed it. She fell asleep instantly.

"How is this suppose to work?" Inu yasha asked her as he stared at Kagome's sleeping form. "Right now, Kagome needs to get on her path to sanity inside her own head. She is only sane when she is asleep, this herb allows her to follow a path, but first she needs to do it alone, she will need you to help her before the end".

"How will I know when that is?!"

"Hold her hand, Inu yasha, you and only you can be her guide. When she needs you, you will know, and once she does, ye must take this" Keade said as she reached in a basket and pulled out a green bushy sleeping herb.

"Why do I have to take it? What does it do?"

"It will make it so ye can fall asleep, Once asleep, Your dreams shall be one and only then can you help Kagome, this will take a long time, it is a complicated process, I take my leave now" She said as she began to walk out of the hut.

"Wait! Why do you have to go? What if I don't know when she needs me?!" Inu yasha asked her. "Don't ye worry, When the time comes, you'll know. I must leave or this process will not happen, you must be alone with her, my being here will only interfere with the connection. I have told ye all I can, I leave it in your hands Inu yasha".

"How long is this suppose to take?"

"That is uncertain, it could take hours, or it could take days, but it won't take longer than that, and if it does, then she may never get her sanity back".

"Oh... " was all he said as he stared back down at her.

"I wish you both luck" She said as she walked out of the hut.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



A/N: Ok this is where I'm going to stop for now, but wait till i'm finished with the next chapter man.... it will be a fuckin trip. If you have ever played that game called "American Mcgees Alice" well, its kind of the same thing. It will be Kagome's journey inside her head, and i'm gonna make it really fuckin trippy lol. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I know its sad, but hopefully it will al turn out to be ok.lol. I guess you'll have to find out. REVIEW!!! remember! I'll update faster if I get more reviews, I think thats why I updated this one so fast cause you guys encourage me... YOUR ALL SO GREAT!!! lol .

Arianna