InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 10
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After what felt like an eternity of just embracing Sango on the side of the river, Kagome drew away from her friend. Wondering briefly how long they had been out there, and thinking that they needed to be on their way, before InuYasha or anyone else came looking for them.
 
Wiping at her eyes, as she pulled entirely from Sango's stronghold, she glanced in her direction and saw that she was giving her a kind smile.
 
A genuine smile.
 
A smile only those…being through the same situation, could truly understand.
 
Looking into her beautiful chocolate orbs, seeing the emotion within them, made Kagome want to cry.
 
Sango had been through pain.
 
She had been through troubles.
 
She had been through loss.
 
And Kagome couldn't help but give that same watery smile back to her, embracing her once more, but keeping her equanimity in place, so that they could start to head back to camp.
 
Drawing herself out of Sango's squeeze one more time, she pulled herself fully up and away, so that they could start to pack up their belongings.
 
“Will you be all right, Kagome,” she heard the older woman ask meekly.
 
Turning around from her position, bending down to grasp the dishes in her hand, she smiled sadly, “I have to be Sango.” Making sure she picked up everything that she brought with her on the way down there, she turned completely to face her friend when she was satisfied that she had.
 
“Let's had back,” Kagome called out kindly. Seeing the other girls worried expression, she just smiled, and made to head for their site.
 
Noticing her friend following slowly behind her, Kagome decided to continue, “Thank you for that, Sango.”
 
Sango smiled, and stretched her arm out to grasp the girls hand, “It was no trouble at all,” she stated with such sincerity, that Kagome was starting to tear up again. She looked down to the ground, willing her emotions to get under control.
 
“Oh gosh,” she replied, smiling softly at the other girl. “I don't know why I am being so expressive,” she laughed a little, trying to make herself feel better about the whole situation.
 
She saw Sango open her mouth to reply, when Shippo ran right into Kagome's chest, hugging her for all she was worth.
 
Even though she got knocked down, and all her possessions got knocked out of her hands, she could only shake her head. Giving the kit a bear hug back, allowing him to comfort her in any way he could.
 
“Oh Kagome, InuYasha is such a baka,” he stated, sounding so sad and tired of the whole situation.
 
Kagome could only smile at the child, as this was his way to try and cheer her up. “Its fine Shippo,” she stated looking down at him. She saw his eyes misting over, and saw how his cheeks were starting to appear a light pink from the tears that wanted to fall, and she could only hug him once, yet again.
 
When she finally felt like the child understood that she was better now, no new tears were falling, no worried thoughts crossing her mind, she pulled back from him.
 
Looking into his adopted mothers eyes, seeing and sensing that she was all fine, at this moment, Shippo let go of his adamant hold on her neck, but still stayed right next to her.
 
Kagome, knowing the kitsune just wanted to be there for her, smiled as she bent down to pick up the fallen containers. Satisfied that everything was back in its rightful place in her arms, she glanced in Sango's direction, giving a small shake of her head, showing the older woman that she was ready to go now.
 
So, with a small nod of her own, Sango led Kagome back through the woods, making their quiet travel back to their place of rest.
 
 
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
 
A/N: Yes, two posts in one day, it's amazing! I hope everyone enjoys! Please review!