InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 9
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
InuYasha hated himself.
 
Completely and utterly hated himself.
 
He was the bastard.
 
He was the fool.
 
He was… the heart-breaker.
 
He hung his head as his brain took him through, once more, that awful conversation,
 
I want to be the one he yearns for… when he knows no one else is around,” he heard Kagome say, rubbing at the tears coming from her eyes.
 
I want to be the one, he thinks about… when he is with someone else,” she looked up to Sango, from his angle it looked like she was trying to get her to comprehend her words.
 
Take them to heart.
 
I want to be that girl,” and with that she broke down and sobbed into the other girls arms.
 
He didn't know what happened after that, because he left once the conversation reached the point… where he saw Kagome fall apart.
 
He never wanted to hurt her.
 
He only wanted to protect her.
 
Funny thing, he did the opposite in which he set out to do.
 
So here he was, twenty minutes later… in the same tree he was in… before they left, and he will be in that same tree when they come back.
 
I want to be that girl,” he heard Kagome restate over and over in his mind.
 
`Why would she want to be that girl,' he questioned himself. `Why would anyone want to be with me? A half-breed? Worthless? Nothing? Why,' he asked himself, shaking his head back and forth.
 
`Even if I did want to be with her,' he sighed to himself, `she deserves someone so much better. Someone, who doesn't go running to another woman in the middle of the night,
Someone, who loves her unconditionally,
 
Without baggage,
 
Without Doubt.
 
That someone with something, that I cannot give her,' he hung his head, as he ran his hands through his hair.
 
He just didn't know what to do anymore. Suddenly life… instead of just consisting of defeating oni, finding jewel shards, and destroying Naraku… now consisted of a broken girl, loving a man, who doesn't deserve to love her back.
 
And he couldn't even get started on where Kikyo fit into all this.
 
It was like his life was reaching this pinnacle, and the road was completely splitting in two, and he needed to make his decision immediately on which road he wanted to take. The older road, which has been traveled on… seen heart-break, worry, doubt, and loss of trust, or the new road, which was uncharted, promised kindness, friendship, and love…. Which road was right? One he traveled before, or the one he knew nothing about?
 
A world he knew nothing about.
 
*
*
 
He smelled Sango and Kagome returning to camp long before he saw them, the stench of Kagomes' tears still clung heavily to her frame. Shippo noticed it too, because once he smelled it… he looked angrily up the tree at InuYasha, and seeing how the hanyou wasn't going to respond, called InuYasha a baka and ran off to meet the girls.
 
He didn't know how the conversation went… he just saw the looks Sango and Shippo sent him. Making sure he knew… that they were very upset with him.
 
Miroku being oblivious to it all, greeted the ladies, “My, you two were gone a long time,” he cooed lightly. “Have any extra bonding time,” he asked, curiosity getting the better of him.
 
Sango immediately knocked him over the head with Hiraikotsu, “Pervert.”
 
And she walked ahead, leaving Miroku rubbing his bruised skull.
 
 
 
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
 
A/N: So, I just want to thank everyone who has been reading this story. After I posted chapter 8 my story reached over a thousand views, so thank you!
 
Kokoronagomu - Haha, well I understand where you're coming from, but sadly, I only watched the dub, so I have nothing else to compare it to…yes, pitiful.
 
 
 
Thanks for reading! Please leave a review, I love to here feedback!