InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 12
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome opened her orbs to what felt like a night without sleep. She placed her hand to her eyes as she began to rub at her throbbing temple, a sign that a headache was beginning to ensue. Confused as to why all these symptoms were upon her, she went through her memory as understanding began to dawn on her. The actions of InuYasha, the river side with Sango last night, crying herself to sleep…it all came back to her.
 
She closed her eyes as she willed her mind to forget. She tried to block out the fact that her heart ached with just a simple glance in his direction, so she forced her breathing to calm. Her heart rate to slow, letting sleep try to ease its way back into her body, but it wouldn't come. As much as she willed it, as much as she longed for it, her mind, her consciousness wouldn't allow her to overlook the troubles, fail to remember her love.
 
She took in a deep breath, at least trying to calm herself, knowing that she wouldn't be able to forget.
 
The sun was creeping slowly up from its slumber. Waking all others as it made its round on the planet. She just gazed in its direction. Trying to comprehend the simple action, a huge ball of gas millions of miles away was still able to have an impact. It still forced others to do its bidding. And as she thought about it, a small smile began to overtake her features. A new day has started. Yesterday no longer mattered to that beaming orb. No one else really cared about what happened to someone else the day before, so why should she make them.
 
She quickly nodded her head, deciding that even through all the pain she went through yesterday. Even through the tears, she would put the past in its rightful place…in the past.
 
A smile overtook her visage as she lifted her hands over her head, willing all the kinks once more to leave her frame. She stretched her legs, turned her back, until she was completely satisfied that all stiffness left her.
 
She felt Shippo burrowing his nose against her skin, the tiny appendage slinky slowly against her neck. She placed her arms around his small frame, giving him a warm hug; remembering all that the young boy had done for her the night before. “Thank you, Shippo,” she whispered in his ear in a sweet, small voice.
 
After a moment passed, the Eskimo kiss over with, she heard his meek reply of, “Your welcome, Kagome.”
 
He climbed the rest of the way up her front side, and his small hands were on either side of her face. Green met blue as they both searched each other over. Shippo reading her to make sure that she was indeed all right. Kagome looking deeply into his orbs and smiled as his love for her radiated off of him. She was way too lucky to have such a friend like him, no, not just a friend… a son.
 
He saw her eyes beginning to mist over, her smile still covering her face. He looked on, confused as to why she might be crying, “Kagome…”
 
She immediately closed her eyes and shook her head, hugging the kitsune around her neck a bit more, “its fine,” she reassured him. “I am just so lucky to have you,” she told him truthfully, and when she opened her eyes, he could tell that she wasn't lying.
 
His own smile began to travel across his face as he took a deep breath in from his nose, tears quickly approaching. No one besides his parents ever told him something so genuine, so nice.
 
His lip began to tremble as he looked at the woman in front of him, the woman that saved all of them from evil, and from themselves, the woman that deserved nothing more then the best of everything. No second choices for her, she deserved way better then anyone could ever imagine.
 
A tear slipped down his cheek.
 
His firm hold on trying not to cry diminished as the seconds trickled by. He felt a few more leave his eyes, making their descent down his face, but he no longer cared. He took one last look at her face, her blue orbs misty over with her own tears, and he gave her the biggest hug that he would ever give her - could ever give her. He poured all his love into that one simple gesture as she embraced him in the warmest hug ever known to man, youkai, or half-demon.
 
Neither really knowing how long they stayed like that. Embracing each other, giving and taking love from one another, but neither truly cared.
 
They pulled back, both their faces smudged with tears, eyes puffy, noses red, and began to laugh. They both shared this little moment, and no one would be able to ruin it.
 
Before Kagome could get up, Shippo once more threw his arms around the girl. “I love you, Kagome,” he whispered shakily into her ear.
 
She felt her lip tremble as he stated the words, “I love you too, Shippo,” she replied as she felt her eyes longing to mist over once more.
 
She felt his hold on her loosen as he once more stared at her. A huge grin plastered across his face as he looked at her, and she couldn't help but give him the same look in return.
 
She heard movement from the trees and glanced in that direction. Her eyes traveled up the bark to an overhang on a limb. Her orbs met with red, and as she traveled a little further to the left, she was met face to face with the boys' liquid topaz gaze.
 
Her breath caught in her throat at the intensity of his gaze. Shippo looked back and forth, “Are you all right, Kagome?”
 
Kagome tore her gaze off the hanyou and looked back into worried green orbs, “Yeah Shippo, will you go and make sure the others are awake,” she asked smiling at him.
 
He reluctantly nodded his head and scurried his way to the others.
 
She turned back towards the tree to once more look at its companion as her heart throbbed in her throat. He was still gazing at her with the same intense look from before.
 
Her eyes widened, and InuYasha immediately turned around, a light blush dusting his cheeks.
 
Kagome just looked on after him, her hold on today slowly falling apart.
 
All that resolve that she thought was firmly in place was thrown out the window with that one simple glance.
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
 
A/N: Well, that was rather difficult to come up with, but I really like how this chapter came out, and I am super excited for the next couple of chapters!! I have such a big smile across my face right now! I hope everyone is enjoying this story. Please remember to review. I love to hear feedback!
 
Eluwei- Thank you!
 
Kokoronagomu- Haha true. It will take either a long time for them to grow up…or a certain situation…but I am not saying anything :-P Thanks for the review!
 
Mayu 28- Thank you!
 
I was super happy by the feedback I got on this last chapter! Keep the reviews coming!