InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
*** - indicates a flashback and end of flashback
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 13
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The unbearable ness of the morning increased exponentially when InuYasha smelled tears once more in the air. He looked down towards Kagomes' sleeping bag where the smell was more focused and was surprised to see it coming from her…with a smile on her face.
 
His eyebrows scrunched together as he began to listen to the words coming from the girls mouth, “I am just so lucky to have you,” he heard her say to the small kitsune that was forming a stronghold around her neck.
 
InuYasha immediately felt a frown cross his features as that statement left her mouth. It wasn't that he didn't want her to feel loved and accepted by someone. It's just that…he wanted to be the one that she said that to.
 
He shook his head, `Yeah, I am jealous of a little brat…right…' he thought scoffing to himself.
 
His eyes widened when he smelled the runts' tears in the air also, and he had no choice but to turn completely around and see what all this mess was about.
 
He saw both of them still embracing each other; they pulled back, looked at each other, and then began to laugh uncontrollably. He quirked an eyebrow, `What the hell has gotten into those two,' he thought as his gaze on them intensified.
 
He was about to turn around and mind his own business when suddenly Shippo threw his arms once more around the girl, and shakily whispered, “I love you, Kagome.”
 
InuYashas' eyes widened as the magnitude of that phrase set in. How often did any of them truly tell Kagome how much they cared for her? How much… she actually was appreciated?
 
He was so wrong. He really couldn't do this anymore. He had to make her go. He could no longer force himself to think it was okay that she stayed. He had to—
 
“I love you too,” she began into the air, only pausing for a moment, “Shippo.”
 
The phrase cut into his mind. Making any type of thoughts prior cease, his mind traveled to the past, the past when he heard those same words, that exact phrase…directed to him.
 
***
 
They had thought Naraku was dead. Miroku's wind tunnel was gone; everything looked fine… until a princess of the moon showed up, Kaguya.
 
Kaguya was a wicked moon witch. Anything she wanted could be granted by the mirrors in which she controlled. She had captured Kagome after shooting her own arrow back at her. She brought her back to the castle behind the looking glass where she thought no one could enter, but they got through.
 
However, try as they might, everything they threw at her came back. She looked into my heart and saw what I had always wanted. What I had yearned so long for…to be a full-fledged demon.
 
She talked about giving me my wish. The demon that I wanted to become was just inside this mirror, all it needed was to be unlocked.
 
She told me that she wanted to grant me this one desire, enabling me to have what I had always longed for. The incantation started, and I began to loose control of my mind. The beast inside longing to be set free as her lips sang true to her tune. The creature that I kept in the darkness, this creature that lurks just at the edge of the bay was being let loose, and I had no way to stop it.
 
Friend became foe. The ones I knew became people I had never seen as the transformation was coming to a close, and just when I was thinking of not holding back, letting myself be consumed by this beast…a small frame held me. Hands so soft tugged at my sleeve as the sweetest scent wafted towards my nose. Words began to break through my mind, gentle terms.
 
“Please, don't change,” the kind voice begged.
 
The crack on my consciousness was taking hold. I started to feel the beasts' power growing stronger as it longed to block out what little acknowledgment I felt from their presence.
 
“InuYasha,” the gentle voiced begged. “I love you as a half-demon,” the voice cried out.
 
For the smallest moment, my mind cleared completely, before the monster came back full force.
 
That was the last full phrase I could hear before the cries turned into murmurs. The scent being dispelled as unrecognizable anymore. My mind was blocking out all reason. The need to kill became the main priority on my list. Just before I was going to slice through the warm presence directly in front of me, I felt gentle lips on top of my own.
 
The warmth spread quickly to my heart, this emotion I couldn't distinguish forming in my soul, as I began to once more take control of my body. The beast inside me fought hard, trying to keep its claim, but my consciousness broke free. The power of the demon lessoned, my mind cleared.
 
For just a moment, I looked straight ahead, trying to piece together all that had taken place while the beast roamed free, and I was shocked to see Kagome's lips on my own. Hesitantly, but carefully, I pried my claws from her tiny arms… and kissed her back.
 
Kagome… I was kissing Kagome. The one girl I never thought I would kiss. The one girl I had always thought was too good for anyone… was kissing me.
 
I was elated, and as I pulled back from the kiss, I looked briefly into her blue orbs, she was frightened, but not of me, but of what almost happened to me. My mind remembered her phrases. The voice wasn't just a random enigma, it was Kagome. Kagome was calling for me. Kagome cried out for me. She told me she—
 
“InuYasha,” she asked meekly, “are you going to be okay, now?”
 
I felt my heartbreaking at the shaky undertones in her voice. Her eyes sad but firm, and I could hold back no longer as I pulled her into an embrace, “Kagome,” I whispered softly in her ear. Unable to control my emotions, as the love that she showed to me at this moment radiated off of her, shown stronger then any other by her putting herself in danger to save me. Me. Little, worthless…me.
 
My emotions became too much for me to bear, I said the first thing that came to mind, “Are you nuts, I could've hurt you,” I rambled on. Not allowing that statement to at least go unsaid.
 
Pulling her a little tighter in the confines of my arms, “I'll stay a hanyou a while longer, just for you.” I promised her, her head resting on my chest. She gave it a small nod, her heartbeat slowing as it began to become one with my own, a harmony to my ears.
 
`She loves me.'
 
***
 
Blinking out of his reverie, InuYasha shook his head a bit to get his eyesight straight. Focusing just ahead, he was caught off guard to see Kagome staring at him.
 
His eyes widened as he felt a blush paint its way onto his cheeks. He quickly turned around, facing the other direction, facing away from her beautiful gaze.
 
`What is she doing to me,' he grumbled as he heard the others begin their morning routine.
 
*
*
*
*
*
 
A/N: Well that was a little difficult to come up with. Apparently there are no episodes were Kagome actually tells InuYasha she loves him, so I went with the movie, but I love the movies, so that's fine with me!
 
This is by far my favorite chapter up until this point. I just love to delve into InuYashas' emotions. I really don't think that it is done enough.
 
I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far, I really like how it is turning out. Please remember to review! It encourages me to update faster.