InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 15
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She turned away from him.
 
Her back was straight and firm. Her eyes closed so he wasn't able to see the pain, if she had any, that was hiding in her beautiful blue orbs.
 
His hand flew out after her. He didn't want to ever see her like that, but before he could make a big deal about anything, he dropped his hand to the side as he watched her pick up her bike.
 
The others were all staring at her. They didn't really understand what was going on, but he knew that they thought what he said was out of line.
 
He saw Shippo scamper off after her. He landed on her shoulder as she straightened her bike.
 
He turned his head momentarily and saw Sango and the monk giving him either regretful or hateful looks. He could tell from the pain in the monk's eyes and the evil the taijiya shot at him that he had went too far.
 
“InuYasha no baka,” he heard Shippo mumble to the raven haired girl.
 
InuYasha knew it was the truth. He was stupid. He was a jerk, but he didn't think that he could ever take it back.
 
He watched as a smile came across Kagome's features as she ran her hand over the kitsunes small head, “its fine Shippo.”
 
His eyes widened. He turned and locked eyes with the monk to see he had a similar look in his amethyst orbs. They both came to the same conclusion at the same time, `She's done.'
 
InuYasha's hand instinctually went to his chest. The pain at seeing her act like that. The knowledge that she had given up on him was too much. Kagome was never supposed to give up on him. She was the one that said she would always be there. She was the one that said she would love him no matter what.
 
But now, because of something stupid that he said. Something that could've been avoided if he was thinking straight or maybe if he didn't have foot in mouth syndrome, it wouldn't have come out so bad, but it did. And now, she wanted nothing to do with him.
 
He just couldn't believe her.
 
Was she really lying? Was her love that weak that she would stop her efforts because he couldn't find the right words to speak?
 
If that was the truth then he truly over estimated her.
 
His eyes turned hard.
 
`How dare she act like that!' His mind roared.
 
She was the one that showed him what love was all about.
 
She was the one that had him believing in himself.
 
She was the one that showed him light in what he thought was a darkened world, and she was the one that showed him that love could truly be given - handed out to mere half-breeds.
 
It didn't matter how you were born. It didn't matter where you were from. It didn't matter what you looked like…love was love, and it could be given freely.
 
That was the beauty of it all. Love had no bias. It had no direction. It came and went as it pleased.
 
Some were lucky to love the ones when they were loved in return, but some of the unlucky bastards only had it one sided.
 
This whole time InuYasha thought that her love was one-sided. That his need to avenge Kikyo - that his thoughts about her caring for him were genuine. He always thought that that was what love was all about.
 
But then this girl - this stupid wench from the future came and turned his world upside down. She showed him what it truly means by staying with him. She showed him what it truly means by caring for him, and she showed him what it truly means by never doubting him.
 
She was not going to stop now!
 
*
*
 
A/N: Oh yes, that set him off! Haha. Oh, I wanted to apologize for not updating in forever!! My computers charger died and so, I couldn't get on this thing. It was rather a predicament, also some good news…I am engaged!! My fiancé (its still so weird to call him that) of five years asked me to marry him on Christmas. It was so cute! He took me back to the place where we first met. Ah, I love him!
 
I loved writing this chapter, and as I hope you can see this story is coming to a close. There might be two or three more chapters and then an epilogue if I stop were I originally wanted it to, but I will just listen and you guys can tell me what you want, but if I don't hear anything then I am just going to stop were I was planning on.
 
I never really liked how the anime or manga ended, so that's why I wanted to make this. So it can be clear. The feelings were always jumbled if you ask me, but anyways… just tell me what you think!
 
Alright, I am thinking about story ideas. I have two that I just thought of and I wanted to know which ones you guys think sound better. (Please ignore any unclear areas, I just kind of put the idea down…)
 
First Dawn
 
Kagome is a priestess for the Kingdom of San Pguany. Relationships are strictly prohibited. She is the temple guardian for Aira and as such, can never be touched by a man, but one day that all changes when her King - Lord InuYasha walks into her life.
 
Their love is sacred, but also forbidden.
 
Will the counsel allow them to freely embrace that love, or does Aira hate them so… that they can never be together?
 
InuxKag
 
 
 
 
Essence of Life
 
The darkness calls to him. It beckons him to embrace his true identity. He thirst for blood but at the same time loves to embrace life's sexual pleasures. He thinks no one can resist him. He thinks that he is unstoppable, all until…he met her.
 
Now, at all costs, he must find her, get her, and feed on her.