InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ LOVE LETTER ❯ Meet Me On The Bridge... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

LOVE LETTER

By: Youkai Yume

Yume: HI! I'm just so fantastically glad to be home, on my computer!

CF: {sweatdrops} Yeah, Yume and CF went on a trip, and we were told that we wouldn't get home until late tomorrow. . .

Yume: SO HAPPY!

CF: Luckily for us, change of plans! We got to come home tonight! But FORGETMENOT will still be posted either Monday or Tuesday.

Yume: Yes, it is still in the work in progress mode, but I swear upon pain of death {and you can help me with that} that I will have it up by that time!

CF: {sigh} Readers, get your murdering weapons ready! CF knows she got hers! {wiggles fingers where electricity crackles}

Yume: {looks suspiciously at her} Okay. . .here's part two to my three part one-shot! Thanks to all who supported me!

Disclaimer: If I owned Inuyasha, do you really think I'd be here? No. I thought not.

Part Two: Meet me on the Bridge. . .

Inuyasha dragged his feet lazily, wondering idly to himself where in the world Kagome was. That was when he spotted Sango, one of the girls that Kagome hung around with most of the time, sipping her cup of coffee outside of a Starbucks shop. `What the heck? I'll ask her.'

"Hey, Sango!" He called out, causing the girl to look up from her musings and lips left the rim of her coffee cup.

"Inuyasha?" He came running up to her, waving a bit, and she waved back. "What're you doing here?" She asked him, motioning for him to sit.

Inuyasha, with one hand holding the letter, placed it onto the table. But Sango seemed more interested in her cup to notice.

"I'm looking for Kagome, have you seen her?" Sango looked up, and shook her head.

"No, why?" He scratched his head thoughtfully, and shifted.

"It's kinda personal, but I should really go and look for her. . ." Suddenly, his amber eyes trailed over the empty seat beside her, and the steaming cup of coffee that sat untouched. "Heh, I take it you're not alone?" He added, and Sango stiffened and sighed.

"No, Miroku's here with me. . ." Sango trailed off.

"But?" She scoffed.

"He said he went inside to buy something else, or go to the bathroom. But it's been forever since he's been out!" She huffed angrily. Inuyasha rolled his eyes, probably in there hitting on some girls. . .

"Stupid jerk. . .probably ditched me!" She was stirring her coffee roughly now, and Inuyasha was getting slightly dizzy just watching the swirls in the cup. "Don't ask me why I like him. . ." She whispered softly to herself.

"What was that last part?" Inuyasha peered at her, and she looked away, blushing.

"Nothing," She sighed, and trying to change the subject added, "Well, I doubt that lecher is coming back anytime soon, so how about I help you look for Kagome?"

"Sure, why not?" And leaving her half-drunken cup behind, she went off with Inuyasha in search for her friend. Inuyasha, so intent on leaving, left something of his own at the table---the letter that he had forgotten to pick up from the table when he placed it there.

Moments later, a disgruntled Miroku emerged from the shop, carrying a tray of donuts.

"There should be a law against having so many people in a line at once!" He muttered, and his face fell when he came to an empty table. Sango was nowhere to be seen.

`Aw! She ditched me!' he sighed, and sat down in his seat with a disappointed plop. Thinking of nothing else in particular, he sipped on his cup of now cold coffee. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of a piece of paper.

"Hmmm," He picked it up and turned it over. It wasn't in an envelope, and it wasn't addressed to anyone in particular. Reading it over, Miroku's brown eyes grew into round saucers, and he began to sputter on his drink.

"A love letter?!" He glanced around for any possible girls that may have placed it on the table. "Ah, someone has been having a secret eye for me. . ." He mused, and smiled smugly. But then another thought crossed his head, and a sudden dreamy look clouded over his eyes.

Sango's not here, anymore. . .could it be that SHE left if for him? Could SHE be his secret admirer? He smiled to himself. `If that be the case, then I will DEFINITELY meet her tonight!' Tucking the letter into his folder, he hastily left the table, and went on a thoughtful walk.

~ @ ~

"Sorry if we couldn't find her, Inuyasha. . ." Sango apologized to the irritated boy, and he scratched his head thoroughly in thought.

"I just don't know where the hell she could be! Oh well. . ." He glanced over at her. "Thanks for the help Sango, I think I'll just call her tonight or something. . .Shame. I was hoping to spend some time with her also. We haven't hung out since---"

"Kikyo," Sango finished for him in a bitter voice. She just didn't like that girl, she was too phony for her liking, and she made Kagome far too miserable. Inuyasha nodded at her and shrugged.

"Well, I'll just go now, I'll see ya."

"Bye," Waved Sango, and they parted ways. As she tugged on her sweater, and walking slowly to who knows where, she wondered what it was Inuyasha wanted to see her for. So indulged in her inner thoughts, that she did not notice the boy that bumped into her, apparently off in his own world as well.

"Sorry," The both mumbled, and Sango looked up in surprise when she realized it was Miroku.

"You!"

Needless to say, Miroku was looking quite surprised himself, panic-stricken was more like it, and to Sango, he looked very guilty. He gave off a nervous laugh.

"Hello, Sango!" He choked out. "Fancy running into you. . ." Sango turned a shade of angry red, and was about to yell at him for ditching her when she saw him look quickly at his watch.

"Whoa! Look at the time! You know, I really have to go, see you later! Bye!" And with that, he dashed off in a smoke of dust, not even realizing a piece of paper slipped from his folder.

Sango coughed through the dust, and when if finally cleared, her whole frame was shaking in anger. Holding up a fist to the air, she shouted after him.

"MIROKU, YOU JERK! COME BACK HERE SO I CAN BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA YOU FOR LEAVING ME AT THE STUPID TABLE!"

But he was too far off in the distance to hear her, and muttering about jackasses under her breath, her eyes fell to her feet. That was when she saw it. . .the letter. Bending down, she gingerly picked it up and examined it.

"He must've dropped this. . ." Opening the letter, she read over it, and her cheeks flushed red in realization. No doubt some girl had given it to him, and no doubt THIS was probably the reason why he ditched her earlier. A bubbling feeling of anger and at the same time sadness rose within her.

Why should she care if some girl liked Miroku? Sango DIDN'T care! And yet, when she fingered the letter, she found herself conflicting with the thought. In her mind, she wondered who this girl that he was going to meet up with was going to be, and secretly wished that she was her. `I wonder. . .'

~ @ ~

The pencil danced over the paper, as Sesshomaru added the last couple of details to the picture. Placing his pencil down, he held it out in front of him to marvel at his work, and smiled when he felt he was satisfied with it. It was a drawing of Kagome. Kagome who was resting her head on her delicate hand, tilted slightly so that her luxurious raven hair cascaded over her shoulder, and sapphire eyes that sparkled under the lighting that he had given the portrait.

Although, he admitted that it was not as beautiful as the real thing, he would say that he did a rather good job of attempting to capture her beauty. Sighing, he safely tucked it away in his drawer, away from prying eyes. Inuyasha's prying eyes to be exact. He knew he would never hear the end of it if his idiot half-brother found out about his. . .interest in his best friend.

Leaning back on his bed, he gazed up at the ceiling. Replaying the heated moment when he had almost claimed her lips earlier that day. He was so close he could taste her---and would've if not for that stupid cell phone. Sesshomaru ran his hand through his silver tresses and sighed once more, a habit he found himself getting accustomed to whenever he thought of Kagome.

Sesshomaru sat up in bed when he heard the front door opening and shutting. No doubt, his brother had come home. Getting off of his bed, he came downstairs to tease him about his date with Kikyo---and to get a little payback for making Kagome miserable.

Sure enough, Inuyasha was there in the living room, searching through his backpack.

"Hello, dear brother," He sneered, earning a disdainful glance from him. "I suspect that the reason why you have such a sour face is because you didn't get any today. . .not like I can imagine that witch actually having anything worth while anyway. . .even for you."

"Shut up, jackass!" He retorted. "Don't talk about Kikyo that way! And FYI, the date ended early!" Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at the answer.

"So, you finally dumped her?" Another glare.

"No," Sesshomaru sighed, but he continued. "The reason is because I needed to give something to Kagome." This caught his attention.

"Give what to Kagome?" He asked coldly. But Inuyasha was too busy going through his backpack to pay any attention to his brother. But he grudgingly gave him an answer when he heard Sesshomaru growl impatiently.

"Some love letter. . ." Sesshomaru's anger spiked at the words, and his fists clenched tightly by his side. His brother was going to give Kagome a love letter, and try to get with her, even after hurting her like he did. Not to mention, he had that wench, Kikyo, now! The vile things his brother did.

In an instant, Inuyasha found himself lifted from the ground and pinned to the wall, with his very angry half-brother holding him by the scruff of his sweater.

"Hey! Easy on the goods!" He snarled, surprised at Sesshomaru's sudden ferocity.

"What did you write to her?" He breathed. Inuyasha blinked confusedly at him.

"Write? I didn't write anything to her!"

"Let me see it!" Sesshomaru said coldly, his voice turning calm once more, but his anger did not soften. Inuyasha struggled in his brother's grip.

"I can't! I lost it, that's why I was trying to look for it just now!" Sesshomaru searched his brother's amber eyes, trying to find deceit in them. But there wasn't any. Somewhat satisfied, he released his hold on Inuyasha, who fell to the ground, gasping for breath and glaring at his elder brother.

"Man, you psychopath!" He sputtered, but he chose to ignore the comment. Inuyasha could sense that Sesshomaru felt distressed about the letter, and vaguely wondered why. Sesshomaru glanced down at him, and he saw just for a second, worry, regret, jealousy, rage, and some other emotion flicker across his golden orbs. The next thing he knew, he found himself trying to cheer his brother up.

Strange as it may be, it freaked him out to see him like this.

"If it helps any. . ." He started, earning Sesshomaru's attention. "I remember what it said," Inuyasha looked at him cockily, smirking smugly.

"What did it say?" He bit out coldly. Inuyasha calmly stood up, dusting off his clothes.

"I'm sorry, bro. But I don't see what's in it for me. . ." In the blink of an eye, Inuyasha found himself pinned to himself pinned to the wall once more.

"What's in it for you, is that I won't beat you to a pulp," He glared at him, but knew that whatever his brother's reasons were, it really meant a lot to him if he would go as far as threaten him. Not that that wasn't often, but this time, he could tell he really meant it.

"Meet me on the bridge in Shoji Park, um. . .at 8:00, and something about the moonlight and confessing. . ." he said hastily. He sighed in relief, when Sesshomaru loosened his grip.

"Who sent it?" He asked. And Inuyasha shrugged.

"I don't know. . ." He answered, straightening his wrinkled clothes. "It was signed `Secret Admirer.'" He watched as Sesshomaru grew quiet with thoughtfulness and he suddenly went upstairs to his room. When he came back down, he was holding a coat.

"I'll be out," He simply said, but before he could walk out the door, Inuyasha called out to him.

"Hey, Sesshomaru!" He paused. "Why do care so much anyway?" Still silence, and as the snow fell all around the ivory young man, Inuyasha had a sudden thought. "It's because of Kagome isn't it?" Sesshomaru glanced back at his brother.

"You're not as dumb as you look, little brother," And with that, he shut the door. Inuyasha smiled to himself. He had always known that Sesshomaru had held strong feelings for his best friend, and he had always known Kagome liked him too. He should know, he found the sketchbook his brother kept of all his drawings of her.

At first, Inuyasha had been a little less than pleased when he had found out. His BROTHER, and his BEST FRIEND? Kagome and Sesshomaru didn't seem to belong in the same sentence, but as he watched with a slightly envious eye over time, he noticed that there was indeed something between them. It was in the way they looked at each other, the way they spoke to each other, and the way they'd touch. . .

It was then that he realized that he didn't look at Kagome the way his brother did. He finally came to the revelation that he saw Kagome as a sister, while Sesshomaru saw her as. . .something more. What could he do but accept it? No matter how much he had hated the idea. Besides, since Sesshomaru started hanging around with Kagome, scenes of `brotherly love' like the one they had earlier were less frequent.

Quite honestly, Inuyasha thought they were LONG overdue for a hook up. `Go get her, big brother. . .'

~ @ ~

"Mom! I'm home!" Kagome called out, sliding the front door behind her. Her backpack slid from her shoulders, and she placed it beside the sofa. Peering around the house, she looked for her mother, seeing Sota crouched over his usual video games.

"Sota, where's mom?" He didn't look up from his playing, and instead just pointed to the kitchen. When she entered said kitchen, she found her mom sitting at the table.

"Oh! Kagome, I'm glad you're home. . ." She said, looking up from her book, and a worried look creased her face.

"You wanted to talk to me about something?" Ms. Higurashi nodded slowly, and motioned for her to sit down. Kagome never took her eyes off of her mother, and she could tell something was wrong. "Mom?"

"Kagome. . ." She started. "I got a job today! The pay is great, and the boss is really nice!" Kagome's eyes lit up.

"Oh, really? That's great mom!" But her mother didn't return the enthusiasm, which made Kagome look at her confusedly.

"It's in Kyoto." Kagome's energy left her, and she stared blankly at her mother.

"What?"

"Now honey, I tried looking for a job here, I really did! But look on the bright side, you'll meet new friends, and a new house---"

"But I don't want to leave!" Kagome interrupted. "Not again, mom! This is the first time that we've been able to stay in one place long enough to. . .I finally. . ." Kagome couldn't stop the tears from coming. "I. . .I finally found someplace I belong. . ."

"Kagome," But her daughter turned away from her, hiding the tears that now streamed down her cheeks. She couldn't picture life outside of here anymore. She couldn't picture a life without this shrine, the school, Inuyasha, Sango Miroku. . .she couldn't picture a life without Sesshomaru.

"Hon, I'm not even sure I'm going to take it. . ."

"Yes you will! You always do this to me!" Kagome shouted angrily, the tears falling freely now. "And I always end up alone!"

"Kagome!" But it was too late, Kagome had already ran out of room and a rustle and a slam of the door signified that she had left the house as well. Ms. Higurashi sighed. It was true. Their family always moved around a lot, and Kagome had always been lonely.

Due to the fact they never stayed in one place long enough for her to find a place of her own. . .but what could she do?

~ End Part Two ^_^

CF: (bounces up and down) Part three! Part three! Part three! (silenced when a pillow hits her and she falls) OOMPH!

Yume: Hush, child. They know.

CF: {pouts} Yume's mean. . .

Yume: {sticks out tongue} You won't be saying that come Chinese New Years, and I'm passing out those red envelopes!

CF: O_O {runs off into the corner, pretending to behave}

Yume: Better. Anyways, stick around for---

CF: {shouts from corner} PART THREE!

Yume: {glares over her shoulder, where CF is twidling her thumbs innocently}

CF: What?

Yume: Yeah. . .what she said.

CF: Me? CF didn't say anything! ^_^;

Review Responses:

~ Fanfiction.net

Mel; Emumoon; Ali B; iyluva7978; Tsuki Yume; MidnightDragonShadow; kazumi-chan; michellebabygirljazz; animeangel779; ^.^; ash-chan; Namiko-Daughter of Sekhmet; Helen; RED HAT; kl; Lady Kaela; Reine Keri; aribear44; Neveada; animalmagix; paige50; Rabid-Inu-Gurl; AngOfDeath; KawaiiLil-InuGurl; Blue Demon Dragon; bubblesbbo3; THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT!

InuMaru-Rapture: I thank you for your kind words, and to be honest---to me, once it's out for the public to see (posted) it IS published! Lolz. But if you really want it on a more professional basis. . .(print it out! Hehe)

Ashley: This fic will be finished real soon. By the next update in fact. Unless people want me to continue with it, and I get an idea of how to do it.

Byjinder: Thanks! I thought Koga was a good choice too!

Blue-Saiyan-Angel: Well, I want to try to write every (well different) kind of fics.

Windmage: Well, I don't have to love my readers to do all those things you suggested. Lolz.

Kiwi93089: Yes, I HAVE started another one, but read my xanga, and you'll see a picture that says I'M INSANE! Lolz.

~Mediaminer.org

White Tiger Princess; StormAZ; rosie13; SweetApple; SeSsYs RiNcHaN; Abby Mandrick; THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

Onyx Sapphire: Thanks for all the support, and I can understand the whole hyperness thing. Happens to the best of us!

Striking Falcon: Thanks! Glad you like, and I might continue it if I get any ideas. . .

Sesshyangel: Yup, I love those fics too! That's why this one popped up!

END NOTE!

Yume: Bd-Bd-Bd-That's all folks!

CF: Until PART THREE!

Yume: {growls}

CF: Yipe! Oh! And for all of those who are wondering, Kap-king is just CF's word! It doesn't mean a thing! CF got it from Fooly Cooly, when Haruko and Mamimi sometimes says it! {hugs her tail} Luv that word!

Yume: Read and Review, no flames!

Ja Ne! ^_~