InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making Things Right ❯ Filthy Wolf ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
(** ) a dream/vision
(~~) a note/letter
(*****) a scene/time change
________________________________________________________________ _____


They met for lunch twice during the week, and on Sunday at one o’clock, InuYasha and Shippou showed up to take Kagome to her brother’s party.

They arrived at the shrine at one thirty, and her mother opened the door to let them in.

“Hello, Mama,” Kagome said as she gave her mother a hug.

“Hello, dear,” Asami Higurashi said. “Are you going to introduce me to your friends?”

“Mama, this is Shippou and InuYasha,” Kagome told her. “Where is Souta? I thought Shippou could get to know him before the others arrive.”

“He’s in his room,” Asami told her.

Kagome, followed by InuYasha and Shippou, went to find her brother.

“Hey sis, you’re here,” Souta said, pausing his video game.

“Yeah. I want you to meet Shippou,” Kagome said. “He plays even better then me.”

“Let’s see if you are any good,” Souta said. He held out a remote.

Shippou went and sat beside Souta and they started playing.

“My sister is pretty good. I hope she’s right about you. I get tired of winning all the time.”

Kagome led InuYasha back to the kitchen and looked at her mother in horror as Asami reached up and rubbed one of InuYasha’s ears.

The hanyou’s face turned bright red.

“Mama, what are you doing?” Kagome asked.

“Sorry dear. I couldn’t resist. They really are as cute as you said,” Asami replied.

“Mother,” Kagome groaned, blushing furiously. “Come on Inuyasha I’ll show you around the shrine.” Once outside Kagome stopped. “I’m really sorry about that.”

“It’s all right,” he said. “So you think they’re cute, huh? How come you’ve never tried to touch them?”

She blushed again. “The tree I told you about is right over here,” she said changing the subject.


InuYasha looked up at the tree and felt strangely connected to it. He noted the bare spot where there was also a hole in the trunk.

“It sure looks like something was pinned to this tree,” he said. He looked down. “What’s that?”

“I never noticed that before,” Kagome said.

She knelt down and began moving the loose dirt off a large smooth stone at the base of the tree. Once it was cleared off she could make out a single word. All the rest had been worn away by the years.

“Purity?” he asked. “I wonder what it means.”

“So do I. I think it is important,” she said.

She stood up.

He didn’t like seeing her so serious, and looking distressed. He decided to change the subject. “You know, you can if you want?” he said seriously.

“I can what?” she replied.

“Come on. You’re dying to do it. I can tell,” he teased. He leaned his head down a little.

He thought that she wasn’t going to, but just as he was about to raise his head he felt something tentatively brush across his ear.


When he didn’t pull back Kagome grew more confident. Suddenly he started growling softly.

She didn’t know how she knew, but she understood that it meant he liked it. After a moment she stopped.


When he looked at her she was smiling shyly and blushing a little. “How did you know the best way to do that?”

She shrugged. “I just did,” she replied. It convinced him even more that they were supposed to be together. “Let’s go back in. The party will be starting soon and I want to see if Shippou managed to beat Souta.”

InuYasha nodded and followed her inside.


Kagome was happy to find her brother getting thoroughly crushed by Shippou. Even though Shippou was several years younger, she could tell that her brother would be asking for him to come over again. Souta was the type who’d see being beaten as a challenge to get better and win the next time.

*****

The party was a great success.

All of Souta’s friends seemed to get along with Shippou and were quite impressed that he could beat Souta at his own games. Kagome knew it had been a good idea to invite him.

The main party settled down and the boys retreated to Souta’s room to have some sort of video game challenge.

“Why don’t you two go out tonight?” Asami said. “Shippou will be fine.”

“What do you say?” Kagome asked.

“Let’s go,” he replied.

They went out to dinner.

*****

Later that night, they picked up Shippou and then went to drop Kagome off at home. Shippou stayed in the car, while InuYasha walked Kagome to the door.

“I hope today wasn’t too uncomfortable for you,” Kagome said. “I can’t believe my mother did that.”

“It’s all right,” he replied. “Shippou had fun and so did I, but I would have more fun if you and I could go out alone on Friday.”

“Are you asking me for a date?” she asked.

He nodded.

“What time should I expect you?”

“I’ll pick you up at seven,” he told her. He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips, lingering a little longer than the last time. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” she managed. She went inside and shut the door.

Sango was sitting on the sofa staring at her as she leaned her back against the door. “You really like him don’t you?”

Kagome stood up and blushed. “Why do you say that?”

“Oh I don’t know,” Sango replied. “You go out with him at least twice a week. You’re always smiling and a simple kiss leaves you glowing.”

“Okay, so maybe I do,” Kagome admitted. “I can’t help it.”

*****

InuYasha met her twice during the week to have lunch. He called her Friday morning to tell her to dress nice and that he would see her at seven.

Kagome went through her closet.

How nice did he mean?

She finally settled on simple black dress. It was fitted through to the waist and spread out and falling just below the knee. She hoped it was all right, for where they were going.

After pulling her hair up into loose twist, she waited for him to arrive.

*****

Right at seven, she got up to answer the door and opened it to find InuYasha wearing black slacks and a red silk shirt.

He just stared at her.

I guess he likes it. “Are those for me?” she asked, pointing to the flowers in his hand.

He shook his head. “What? Oh yeah. These are for you,” he said handing them to her.

“Thank you. They’re beautiful,” she said.

“You’re beautiful,” he replied.

She blushed. “Thank you. Let me put these up and we can go.”

He nodded.

*****

They arrived at the restaurant.

InuYasha gave his name and they were seated at a table by the window. The view was amazing.

*****

They finished dinner, and InuYasha slid his hand across the table to take hers as they talked. He ignored their waiter who was getting annoyed at having his table taken for so long by a single party.

“Maybe we should go,” Kagome said, glancing at their waiter.

InuYasha laughed. “Do you want to go?”

“No,” she replied.

“Then don’t worry about it. He’ll get over it when I leave the tip,” InuYasha said.

*****

InuYasha didn’t realize how late it had gotten until they went to leave. He was going to be late picking up Shippou.

He let out a soft growl.

“What is it?” Kagome asked as their drove to her apartment.

“I’m going to be late getting the runt,” he said.

*****

InuYasha pulled up in front of her apartment.

“Since you’re late you don’t have to get out. I’ll be fine,” she said, and saw that he was about to protest. “It’s all right, really.”

“Fine, but I’m waiting until you get inside,” he said.

She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “I had a wonderful time. Thank you.”

“Me too. I’ll call you soon,” he replied.

He watched her as she opened the door to her building and went inside. He was about to drive off when he heard it. It was faint and he couldn’t be sure, but he thought he heard a strangled cry.


Kagome had just closed the door when she was grabbed around the throat. The grip tightened cutting off her cry for help.

“You’re my woman Kagome,” Kouga said. “I don’t want to find that you’ve gone out with that mutt again. You reek of him, and I won’t have it.”

The door beside them burst open. Kagome heard a snarling growl and felt the hand leave her throat. She looked up to see InuYasha throwing Kouga out of the building.

“Stay away from her!” InuYasha yelled.

“I’ll go for now, but I’ll be back for my woman soon,” Kouga said.

A few people opened their doors. “Is everything all right?” A man called.

“Yes,” Kagome managed. “I’m fine now.”

Slowly the doors closed.

“Are you all right?” InuYasha asked. “He didn’t hurt you did he?”

She shook her head. “He just scared me,” she replied. “How did you know?”

“I thought I heard you, so I wanted to check to be sure,” he told her. “Come on, let’s get you home.”

He put his arm around her as they went up the stairs. He took her keys from her shaking hands and opened the door. Sango and Miroku were sitting on the couch. They came up for air when the door opened. Sango jumped to her feet.

“Kagome, what happened?” she asked eyeing InuYasha suspiciously.

“It was Kouga,” she said. She told them what happened.

InuYasha’s cell phone rang. It was the kid. He answered it. “Yeah, I know... I’m sorry... Something happened... I’ll talk to you about it later... As soon as I can... Bye.”

“Come on,” Sango said pulling Miroku to her room.

“You should go,” Kagome said. “Shippou is waiting.”

“I want to be sure you’ll be all right,” he told her. He pulled her into a hug.

She was still trembling slightly.

“Sango is here. I’ll be fine,” she replied.

“Kagome, I know this isn’t really the best time, but I was wondering if you might want to... well, I don’t want to see anyone else... Not that I was...” he stammered.

She looked up at him. “Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?”

He nodded, then so did she.

She looked up at him, lips slightly parted as an invitation. He leaned down and kissed her. She felt him hesitantly move to deepen the kiss and she accepted it.

When they parted she was smiling.

“I have to go,” he said.

She nodded.

“I don’t want to,” he leaned down and kissed her again. “I’ll call you.”

He stole one last kiss before heading out the door.

*****

He picked up Shippou and apologized for being late. He gave some extra money to the person who had been watching him, and they went to the car.

“What happened?” Shippou asked.

“A bastard wolf demon came after Kagome,” he said. “I had to stay and make sure she was all right.”

“Was she hurt?” the kit asked.

Shippou was very concerned about Kagome. He had become very attached to her over the last few weeks.

“No he just scared her,” InuYasha said. “He wants to make her his mate.”

“I thought you and she were...” Shippou started.

“You know humans are different than demons,” InuYasha said. “They do things a lot slower than we do, but no Kagome doesn’t want to be with him.”

*****

He called Kagome in the morning, and she assured him that she was fine. They made plans to have breakfast together on Wednesday and he and Shippou would come over and she would make dinner later that night.

They ate breakfast together and Kagome went to work.

*****

When Kagome got off, she went home.

She was dismayed to find the refrigerator seriously lacking anything she could use to cook dinner. She grabbed her purse and went to the store around the corner.

*****

Kagome was walking back, when she felt a familiar presence. She walked faster. Just before she reached her building, she was pulled off the sidewalk. Her bag of groceries fell from her hand.

She went to scream but a hand covered her mouth, another was pressed to her throat.

“I’ll uncover your mouth if you promise not to yell,” Kouga said. “If you break your promise, you’ll be sorry.”

She nodded.

His hand went down she flinched as a she felt a slight sting at the base of her neck. In her panic, her powers flared and a jolt of miko energy went into Kouga.

He backhanded her hard enough to knock her head against the wall behind her. She struggled against the dizziness that clouded her vision. “That was for using your powers against me.”

He dug his claws painfully into her arm and then slid them down, making four deep scratches. “And that is for smelling like that dog turd.”

Kagome felt hot tears sliding down her cheeks.

“Soon Kagome, I’ll be back to finish what I started and then he won’t be able to do anything about it. Next time I won’t be so nice.” Kouga let her go and left.

She wrapped her hand around her arm and ran up to her apartment.


Both Sango and Miroku looked her in surprise as Kagome threw open the door.

Once inside, she shut it and engaged all the locks. Then, she slid to the floor, crying.

They went to her. She had a bruise starting to appear on the side of her face, and they could see the blood running down their arm.

“Sango, get her to the sofa and I’ll get a towel,” Miroku said.

Sango pressed the towel to Kagome’s arm. She still hadn’t said anything.

“I am going to call InuYasha,” Miroku announced.

“Do you think you should?” Sango asked.

“Please,” Kagome said softly.

Miroku went to the phone.


“Hello,” InuYasha said.

“Hello, is this InuYasha?” Miroku asked.

“Yeah, who’s this?” he replied.

“Miroku.”

“That hentai who goes out with Kagome’s roommate?” he asked.

“I suppose,” Miroku replied. “Listen I think you should come over.”

“Did something happen to Kagome?” He asked.

“Yes....” Miroku started.

The phone went dead in his hand.

*****

Ten minutes later a furious knocking came at the door. Miroku let the irate hanyou inside.

InuYasha went to Kagome.

“Damn that fucking wolf. I’ll kill him for this,” he growled. “Why haven’t you two wrapped this?” He asked holding her arm.

Miroku looked at him. “If I am not mistaken, I believed that you wouldn’t want me touching her and that you would want to do it. I though it would be best to wait for you since you have already decided.”

InuYasha looked right back at him. “You know then?”

“Yes. I was trained by my father as a monk, until I decided that perhaps I was not suited to that particular profession,” Miroku said

“Will somebody tell me what is going on?” Sango interrupted. “What wolf is he talking about?”

“Perhaps you should show her,” Miroku suggested.

InuYasha sighed and dropped his concealment spell.

“What? How?” Sango managed. “Are you a... What are you?”

“I’m a half dog demon and Kouga is a wolf demon,” InuYasha told her. “You explain the rest. I am going to take care of Kagome,” he said to Miroku. He picked Kagome up and took her to her room.

Sango started to follow.

“Don’t,” Miroku said.

“You just expect me to leave her alone in there with a demon,” she said. “Who’s to say he won’t hurt her just like Kouga?”

“Trust me, Sango. She is safe with him. He may be the only one who can protect her from Kouga,” Miroku said. “Kouga is trying to make Kagome his mate by force. InuYasha wants the same thing, but he is waiting for her to decide if she wants him too.”

“Mate?” Sango asked.

“We better sit down,” Miroku said.

*****

InuYasha grabbed a clean towel and got it wet in the bathroom. He began wiping the blood off her arm. She winced as he touched the scratches.

“Kagome do you trust me?’ he asked.

She nodded.

“I can make it stop hurting, if you’ll let me.”

“All right,” she agreed. She tensed when she felt his rough tongue against her skin, but relaxed as the pain slowly went away. “How?”

“I’m half demon. My saliva will help you heal faster and it numbs the pain. Humans even have a small ability to do this. That’s why most people instinctively put their finger in their mouth if they cut it,” he told her. “Do you have any bandages?”

“In the kitchen under the sink,” she told him.

He left and came back with the first aid kit and an ice pack. He wrapped her arm and handed her the ice pack for her face. He looked at a small scratch he hadn’t noticed before.

“Kagome, how did this happen?” he asked touching her neck.

“Kouga scratched me,” she replied.

“No good filthy fucking bastard,” he looked at her and stopped. “Sorry.”

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Kagome tell me exactly what happened, what he said to you,” InuYasha told her. She replayed the conversation for him. “Damn it. Kagome, he left that as a warning.”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“He’s serious about marking you,” InuYasha told her, “whether you want it or not.”

“I don’t understand,” she said.

“When he said that you smell like me, it is because I made sure you did,” he told her. “When youkai find a suitable mate they start by leaving their scent to announce their intent. If the female accepts then the male will mark her with a bite, that is only temporary unless it is made permanent later on. If Kouga claims you the only thing I can do to help would be to kill him. I hoped that if I started the mating process with you he would give up.”

“InuYasha, when Miroku said you had already decided, did he mean that you have already decided that you want me to be your mate?” she asked.

He nodded. “But I wanted to do things right with you. You’re human. Humans don’t have the help of instinct and scent to decide. I am more than willing to wait for you to get to know me and decide for yourself.”

“Is there any thing you can do to keep Kouga from being able to...” she trailed off.

“Yes, but I really didn’t want it to be like this,” he sighed. “I could mark you. If he were to take you then, his claim would not be acknowledged, even if it was only a temporary mark.”

“So even if he...” she didn’t want to finish and InuYasha nodded. “Will it hurt?”

“It’s not supposed to,” he replied. “Kagome, I’ll protect you. You don’t have to do anything you’re not ready for.”

“You can’t watch me all the time,” she said. “I feel something when I am with you that I have never felt before, a connection. Besides you said it would only be temporary, that I would still have a choice, right?”

He nodded.

“Do you want to?”

“Only if you’re letting me because you really think that we could have a future together,” he said. “The closer I get to finishing the mating ritual the harder it will be for me to let go of you if you change your mind. Even as things are now, I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to.”

“I want you to,” she said softly.

He moved closer to her and pushed her hair back off her shoulder. He slipped his arm around her and nuzzled her neck softly. She shivered as he licked her gently and then kissed the base of her neck.

“You’re sure?” he asked.

She nodded.

He bit down on her neck gently and a low moan escaped her throat.

A vision took over her mind.

**

She was laying on the ground completely undressed InuYasha was laying over her, a question in his eyes .

“Are you sure?” he whispered.

“Yes” she replied.

With that she felt his fangs on her neck and he became one with her. She heard the sounds and felt his caress as they made love under the stars.

“I love you,” he said.

**

InuYasha found a stream of images pouring into him.

**

”If we die tomorrow I want you to know that I love you,” he said.

Kagome looked at him with tears in her eyes. “Why did you wait so long to tell me?”

“I am nothing but a hanyou, you deserve better than me, but I couldn’t die never having told you.”

She started to cry. “I love you too.”

Her lips pressed to his.

“Kagome, we can’t,” he said.

“Why not it may be our only chance?” she replied. “I want to be with you.”

**

The vision faded, and he pulled away.

“What did you see?” she asked him.

“We were together sitting in a tree, the tree from your shrine. I told you that if I died the next day, I wanted you to know I loved you,” he told her. “You wanted to know why I hadn’t told you before and I said it was because you deserved better than a half demon. You told me you loved me and that you wanted to be with me since it might be our last chance. Did you see something else?”

She nodded and blushed. “I think I must have seen what happened after.”

He looked at her. “You mean you saw us... We...”

She nodded again.

“Why couldn’t I have seen that one too?” he teased.

“Hentai,” she said with a smile.

He looked at her clock. “Damn it. I have to go get Shippou.”

“Can I come with you?” she asked. “Sango and Miroku were supposed to have a date tonight, and I know they won’t go and leave me here alone.”

“You can come with me anywhere,” he said. “I’ll wait in the living room, while you get changed.”

She nodded.

She came out a few minutes later in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and InuYasha could tell she had put on some make up to lesson the appearance of her bruise, even though it was still visible.

They got in his car. “Kagome, I want to ask you to consider something. I think you should come live with me, in the guestroom. I’ll be able to protect you better. Just think about it all right?”

She dipped her head in agreement.

*****

They pulled up in front of a nice house. InuYasha got out and went to the door.

“You’re late,” the woman said.

“I know, I’m sorry,” he replied. “Someone attacked my girlfriend on her way home from the store and I had to make sure she was all right.”

“Oh the poor girl, is she all right?” she asked.

“She’ll be fine,” he told her. Shippou appeared at the door. “Let’s go kid.”

“Did someone really attack Kagome?” he asked.

InuYasha nodded. “It was that wolf. He hurt her, so don’t say anything about her face, or anything else you might notice that is different about her.”


Shippou nodded and got in the car.

“Hi Kagome,” he said in a falsely cheerful tone.

She turned. “I know I look awful don’t I?” she asked. “I’m guessing InuYasha told you not to say anything about it though. I also suppose he told you who did it.”

Shippou nodded.

“InuYasha asked if I might want to come stay with you. I haven’t decided but I want to know how you would feel if I did.”

Shippou thought about it. He wanted to say it right, so that he didn’t mess things up.

“InuYasha has been a lot nicer since you started dating him, and I really like you,” he said. “I think you should come stay with us, so we can protect you from that wimpy wolf.”


Kagome didn’t think InuYasha was just saying what she wanted to hear. She decided to seriously consider his offer.

Kagome nodded. “Since you don’t mind, I’ll think about it and tell you both soon,” she said. “I’m sorry I didn’t get to make you both dinner tonight.”

“Am I taking you home?” InuYasha asked.

“Could I stay with you tonight, since Sango won’t be home?” she asked. He nodded. “Then let’s go by my apartment so I can get a few things.”

They went back to his house and went inside. “So what do you want for dinner?” he asked. “I can have almost anything you could want delivered.”

*****

That night, Kagome went into the guestroom to sleep. She wasn’t sure if she should agree to move in with InuYasha or not. They had only been together such a short time, but on the other hand she felt safer here. For some reason, she knew that he would do anything to protect her.

And then there were her dreams, his dreams: visions of things she knew were important, things she was supposed to remember.

Kagome sighed.

She wasn’t worried that he would try to take advantage of her if she stayed. She was more worried about what others, like her mother would think.

Kagome closed her eyes and tried to go to sleep.

**

Something terrible had happened. She could feel it.

She looked down and found a shining pink orb in her hand. It was hers to protect, that she knew.

She walked toward a small shape lying on the ground. She gasped and turned away at the sight. Her stomach turned. The small body was barely recognizable.

It was Shippou, the younger Shippou from her dream, and he was obviously dead. She felt like she had lost a son.

She moved on, afraid to see more, but knew that it had to be done.

Nex,t she came upon Sango, her dear friend, a sister. A gaping hole went through her chest and abdomen. She could see the blood soaked ground through it. Kagome choked back the retch trying to escape.


What has happened?

She moved on.

She first saw a simple sandal and above it a monks robes. She let her eyes travel higher.

This time, she was unable to keep the contents of her stomach. She turned and heaved until there was nothing left.

It had been Miroku one lifeless blue eyes looking at her the rest of his head missing.

Then she heard it - a soft whisper of her name. She knew who called out to her.


InuYasha.

She made her way to him.

The red of his clothes was covered with blood. His usually silver hair now dark red. The tip of one ear had been severed.

She fell to her knees.

He reached up weakly. His hand and arm were dripping blood.

She took his hand and helped it to her cheek. She could not stop the torrent of tears that coursed down her face. He smiled. She could see the blood on his lips.

He tried to speak but coughed and blood splattered her chest as she held him. Once the coughing subsided, he found his voice, though it was raspy and weak. “Don’t cry, koibito. I love you and I will find you again. Live for me.”

His hand went limp in hers and she cried out.

He was dead.

She screamed for him to stay.

**

“Kagome,” InuYasha said urgently. “Kagome, wake up.” He shook her gently.

She opened her eyes. When she saw who it was, she threw her arms around him and buried her face in his chest. It had been so real.

“Kagome what is it?” he asked gently. She didn’t answer as she continued to sob into his chest. He tried to soother her. He growled softly and she calmed.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered.

“Don’t be sorry,” he told her. “Are you all right now?”

“I think so,” she said.

He nodded and got up to leave.

She grabbed his hand. “Stay?”

He nodded again.

Kagome lay down and he moved to lie beside her. She moved closer to him, and he put his arm around her.

She saw him dying every time she closed her eyes and saw the bodies of her friends.

InuYasha began growling softly again and she drifted off to sleep.