InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ The Death Grip ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7

"If you ever pull some shit like that again, I'll leave your ass where you drop. What the hell were you trying to do anyway?"

With some low whimpering she found the strength to respond, "I was just going to change. My dress is damaged-"

"Is that what you almost broke your leg for? What do you think? That I can't handle a little leg? It's not like I'm going rip of your clothes and take you!" He said the next part without thinking. "You humans and your goddamn modesty."

Kagome felt like a child being scolded. She released a new batch of tears. "Why...are….you…yelling at…meeee?", she managed to choke out between sobs.

Now InuYasha felt guilty. `Oh, great. First the bitch takes my best friend, my room, and sits in my tree. Now she makes me feel guilty.'

`Well you have been yelling at her since you first met.', his conscience blabbed back. `And you've made her cry twice.'

The pesky conscience wasn't helping. InuYasha could stare into the eyes of the most frightening demon and not break a sweat but he couldn't seem handle one weeping woman. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was a crying woman.

`Miroku is good at stuff like this. What would Miroku do?'

InuYasha climbed into the bed and pulled the puffy-eyed princess in his arms. Immediately, she melted in his embrace and molded herself to his chest. He tried to hold her steady as her body violently shook. Just for good measure, he started to rub her back.

He nose tingled as it caught the salty scent of her tears. If she cried anymore he'd feel like he was at the ocean.

`This better work.'

Some time had past and she had stopped crying. But her body still rattled like the aftershocks of an earthquake. When her breathing began to even out and her body got heavy, he relaxed. He leaned back on the high headboard and thought, `She cried herself to sleep. Was I that mean? What am I saying? I guess it doesn't matter seeing as all this niceness has put me back at square one.'

The prince took this time to study his objective.

He had mistaken her for Kikyo. There was no doubt that they had similar features. Had he been paying more attention he would have notice the differences.

Their eyes are shaped differently. Kikyo's hair was much longer. He guessed they were about equal when it came to breast size. For someone that didn't want to show any leg she certainly displayed a lot off chest. Kikyo would never do that.

Kikyo didn't have quite as much hip though. Not that that was a problem, but it wasn't a good thing by demon standards. The thicker the hips meant better offspring. And the girl in his arms defiantly met the demon standards. She could probably push out twins on her first try. Miroku should love that.

Everything else physically about them was the same.

From what he could see of her face she was pretty. Hmmm. If he thought that she was pretty and he just said Kagome and Kikyo were similar did that mean he thought that Kikyo looked pretty?

He never looked at her like that. To him Kikyo was Kikyo. She was another friend, despite her status. He enjoyed her company and fussing with her. The only thing he didn't like was he could never get a good rise out of her.

She was very controlled. But that was one of the reasons Sesshomaru allowed her to work here. He liked control and always surrounded himself with such.

`I wonder if she is anything like that?' He looked down at the slumbering princes. `I doubt it.'

He gave his head a little shake when feeling himself wanting to fall asleep. He began to shift, with all the intentions of leaving when Kagome's arms tightened around his waist.

"Noooo.", Kagome mumbled in her sleep.

She was much too sleepy for him to grant such a request. Chances are she'd wake up in the morning and call him a hentai.

He tugged at her hands with no success. `Damn. She might not be strong but she sure had a death grip.'

"Noooo.", Kagome whined again while tightening her grip once more. She had no intentions of losing her new pillow.

`How am I going to get out of this one?'

~*~*~*~*~

The lanterns had long burned themselves out when Sango made her way to Kagome's room. As she got closer to the bed she realized that Kagome was not alone.

Since there wasn't much moonlight she got closer to see who it was. Imagine her shock when the eyes of the mystery man shot open.

"What do you want?"

Keeping her voice at a low hiss, "What are doing in the princess's bed?", Sango demand.

"I would get up if I could." InuYasha hissed back as he directed Sango's attention to Kagome's death grip.

Hmmm. Sango hadn't looked at it that way. She crept to the other side of the bed, and lightly poked at Kagome's face. The sleeping beauty's hand soon came up to swat away the disturbance.

InuYasha wasted no time in up rooting himself before she could clamp him back in their previous position.

"Her left ankle is hurt." Without another word and strode out of the room. Leaving Sango to wonder what Kagome had done to hurt herself and end up in the bed with a man. She was going to get some answers in the morning.

~*~*~*~*~

The door shut loudly and InuYasha lit the biggest and brightest lanterns in the room.

"Get up we need to talk."

Miroku grumble and turned away from the light.

"Get up! I need to talk to you about the princess."

It seemed the bridge crossing had come sooner than Miroku thought. "Do we have to do this now?" He tunneled further into his sheets.

The next thing Miroku felt was the floor. "Next time don't make me repeat myself." The hanyou was crouched over him. The now awake Miroku swung out at InuYasha. InuYasha easily avoided the sluggish swing.

"What is so important that you had to what until I was in a the middle of a wonderful dream, to disturb me?"

"First off, I'll kick your ass later for not telling me she looked like Kikyo." Miroku was now sitting up. He knew InuYasha would say that. "I had to be nice to her. It's fucking up the whole plan."

Before Miroku could ask what exactly happened InuYasha spilled the whole ordeal.

"So let me get this straight. You've touched and seen more of my future bride than I have. Oh, and you manage to sleep with her, too. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to switch. Seems I under estimated your women skills."

"What are you talking about? She is not your future wife. That is the whole reason behind this dumb plan of yours. And I didn't `sleep with her' you blockhead."

"So you weren't in the bed with her?", Miroku asked mockingly.

"Don't turn it in to something perverted! She was crying for cripe sakes."

"At any case you did `sleep with her'. And I didn't hear you denying ogling and caressing her."

"What?! Didn't I just tell to stop twisting my words, now will you please focus on the real issue."

"What's that? The fact that you're trying to take her for your self instead of running her away."

InuYasha tried to hold on to the last shreds of his control. "No, the fact that I am half demon coming from a human kingdom."

"Hmmm. That is going to be a problem isn't it."

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome's eyes opened as the light streamed through the balcony. With a little rubbing her eyes adjusted. She then stretched out both arms…SMACK…What did she hit?

She turned quickly. Then she was reminded why she had to be carried back last night. Pain shot through her entire left leg.

Attempting to sooth the check Kagome had hit, Sango sat up and saw the groaning girl.

"Are you okay?"

"No. I hurt my ankle? Where did InuYasha go? He said somebody was coming to look at my ankle."

"Yes, I meant to ask you about that." Sango started massaging Kagome's swollen flesh. "Why was he in the bed with you?"

"Huh?"

"Last night when I came in here you were both in the bed together. You are me you know. What ever you do will be my reputation."

Kagome huffed and told Sango what happened.

"Well that's sorta nice. Except for the bitch part. Why didn't you deck him?" Sango had gotten caught up in her story and abandoned the joint.

"I'm suppose to make him like me, remember?"

"But I didn't-"

"You said I would handle this better than you and I'm screwing up. Can't we just switch back."

"No. The way I see it you being hurt will give him ample opportunity to be nice to you. And if you add in a little charm, he won't know what hit him." Kagome soured her face as she attempted to ease to pain shooting through her ankle. "Besides if he is that rude you can have him. I'd probably end up severely hurting the jerk." Sango joked.

"Ha. Ha. Ha.", she replied dryly. "What kind of friend are you." Both girls laughed.

There was a light knocking and Kikyo slowly appeared in the doorway. "I'm interrupting anything?"

"Don't be silly come in.", Kagome replied a little to casually.

"Prince InuYasha said that you ankle needed tending to."

"If you don't mind." Kikyo approached the bed to examine her. Mean while Sango got up and busied herself with finding the princess's outfit for today. But the silence was killing Kagome. She had to have something in common with this girl besides looks and position.

"It seems to be sprain badly, but you will make a full recovery. Just make certain to stay off of it for at least two weeks."

"Two weeks!", Sango said loudly, she had taken the words right out of Kagome's mouth.

"I'm sorry but if you risk walking on it may become permanently damage."

"How am I suppose to do…anything?"

Kikyo shrugged and turned to leave. "Wait." She turned to see the false princess motioning her back. As if anticipating a trick she cautiously walked back.

"Is there something else milady?"

"I just wanted to talk."

Kikyo look at her strangely. `What kind of princess spends time associating herself with the servants?'

"So how long have you been here?"

~*~*~*~*~

"Do you think that will work?"

"Trust me."

"That's what got me into this mess."

They had yet to go back to sleep. They had been up all night talking and now they had worked up an appetite.

"I'm starving."

"Your always hungry." Miroku rubbed his chest as the tightening returned.

"Why do you keep doing that? You've been doing that since we got here."

"I don't know. It started in my stomach but it migrated to my chest."

"Did you tell Kikyo?"

"No. It's not that bad."

"Let me get this straight. You've been having chronic pains and you brush it off, but you made a big deal out of a little lump on your check. Which by the way is no longer there."

"Hey what can I say. We're entertaining. And I have to keep all options open." They walked to the door.

"If you're keeping your options open then why the hell am I pretending to be you."

InuYasha jerked open the door. Kikyo fell face first at his feet. Both princes stared down at her. Kikyo stood and nervously dusted herself off.

`Well that explained why the princess hadn't shut about InuYasha. She thought he was her betrothed.'

She cleared her throat. "Umm, princess Kagome needs you." She pointed to InuYasha.

He twisted his face. `What did the bitch need him for?'

"Duty calls, InuYasha. Well I'm going to see what the cook has prepared." And with a backward wave Miroku was gone.

"Oh, she's in her-I mean your room still." InuYasha was about to protest but Kikyo raised her hand and continued. "Since it was your fault that she is hurt I told her to just stay there. You don't mind do you?"

"Kikyo I'm going to-"

Kikyo wagged a finger. "Tsk. Tsk. Now. Now, wouldn't want King Sesshomaru to find out what you two are planning do you?"

Damn. He was going to have to get rid of this bitch soon. This was turning out to be work. And Kikyo had stooped to blackmail! What was his life coming to?

"Don't keep your woman waiting."

With a lot of low growling he stalked off to see what the bitch wanted.

~*~*~*~*~

The dark haired man stalked off from the throne room. He was not at all happy with the conversation he had just had with King Sesshomaru. And now he needed to get away from him as quickly as possible.

"The King is an idiot.", he said once out of his Highness's excellent hearing range. It felt so good to say the words aloud. One day soon he would say it to his Highness's face.

He actually wanted him to rearrange his men so that they would have enough to send to the Mayan Kingdom while still leaving the Youkai and Fantasia Kingdoms with sufficient forces. The nerve, if these humans couldn't protect themselves then let nature take its course. The strong ones would weed themselves from the useless species.

But like the King, he knew the real reason that they had to bother with humans really was. The great Inu Youkia had started a friendly relationship with the ruler of the neighboring kingdom, Fantasia, in an attempt to show other human kingdoms that he was just as "civilized" as they were.

The plan had worked and it was the start of a lifelong compromise between to two. Fantasia got protection from the demon land and in return the other human kingdoms were friendlier towards the Youkai Kingdom. The humans supposed that the demons couldn't be all that bad if a human ruler allowed himself to be associated with them.

Still letting these thoughts roll around in his head, he found his feet unconsciously carrying him to the training area. He needed to burn off some frustration. Sharply turning the corner he bumped into one of the few humans he didn't consider useless.

"Good morning Miss Kikyo."

"Good morning General Naraku."

She tried to side step him but he wouldn't allow it. "Was there something else?" she asked stiffly.

He stifled a sigh. Why was it the one woman he considered not to be a waste of his time never seemed to want to spend anymore time around him than necessary? Sure she was beautiful but she was also something's other women weren't. She was strong, spoke her mind when she could, and had a voice that could spend a chill up your spin or calm and sooth you. These were qualities that couldn't even be found in demon women.

"I was just wondering if you could give me anything for this headache?"

She raised an eyebrow. "I will send something to the weapons training area after I am done checking up on the baby for Queen Rin."

"How did you know?"

"Because last night he was rather fussy and I want to make sure it isn't serious."

"No. No. I'm mean that I would be in the training area."

"The look in your eye, you're angry. When ever you're frustrated you work it off." With that said she continued on her way.

`She knows me so well.' Truly an amazing woman.

~*~*~*~*~

"I'm not asking him that!"

"Why?"

"I'm suppose to make him like me not make him blow up at me. You weren't here when he fussed at me for trying to walk to the closet. You didn't see the look in his eye."

"But he is at the very least a half demon. Don't you think it's strange?"

"I don't care I refuse to ask him about it." Sango made a whining sound. "No."

"Well you just make sure not to touch his ears then." Kagome look at her in disbelief. "Don't give me that look. I know you. Had you not been in pain you would have gladly tugged them."

Kagome now bore the look of guilt. "But they're so cute. Besides I didn't get to check him out. I was kind of mad at him and then I was in pain, so I didn't really get look at him."

Her friend's eyes widened at the new information. "What! You were inches away from his face! For Kami sake you were embossed to his chest when I came in!"

"Yes, but the image was blurred by my tears.", Kagome admitted a little embarrassed.

Sango grinned sheepishly. The princess had considered leaving before the prince got there but learning that Kagome had yet to gaze upon the white haired wonder was making her reconsider.

She wasn't partial to the white hair or the fact that it was so long, but she had to admit it worked for him. She might not want to marry him but she wasn't blind. He may have been a jerk but he was a handsome jerk at least.

Sango would never tell Kagome how easy it was to fluster her or how funny she looked when she got that way. Watching Kagome squirm and fidget sounded like fun. Should she pass up this golden moment?

There was a loud pounding at the door. Sango, remembering her new role, rose to get the door. Before she got half way across the room the door swung open.

InuYasha walked in and passed her and toward Kagome who was seated on the bed with her left leg stretched out.

"You wanted something?"

Kagome looked upon the prince for the first time without any distracting variables. She was awed. "I… umm…I.." Kagome began to twiddle her fingers as she found her gaze locked with the prince.

Sango smirked. It was a good thing she had stayed for the floorshow. Letting out an amused breath she walked over to help Kagome out of her flustered state.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: fireash has brought it to my attention, that the relationship between Miroku, InuYasha, and Sesshomaru may be unclear. I am going to explain the place of all the characters now.

Miroku - He is the prince of Fantasia, and best friends with InuYasha. He has been weaseling his way out of marriages since he became of age. Mother is dead. Father is living and current ruler of Fantasia. Close friends with the Youkai Kingdom. The two kingdoms are practically run as one. (human)

Sesshomaru - King of Youkai Kingdom. Rin is his wife/Queen. He has a son/heir. His son will one day become the ruler of the Youkai. Has a half brother named InuYasha. Both mother and father are dead. Youkai Kingdom has an unbeatable military. (demon)

InuYasha - Prince of the Youkai Kingdom. He does not have to worry about the pressures of marriage because he will never become king under normal circumstances. If something were to happen to Sesshomaru, InuYasha would take on the duties of king until his nephew was old enough to take over. That is why Sesshomaru drags InuYasha to the boring political meetings with him. Both mother and father are dead. (hanyou)

Sango - Princess of the Mayan Kingdom. Best friends with her lady in waiting, Kagome. Has also been weaseling out of marriage since coming of age. Believes that she has to be strong.

Her kingdom has a profitable trading market. Travelers come for all around just to come there to barter. People are charged a toll fee just to enter their goods. They have been suffering from a rash of raids.

Mother is dead. Father is the current ruler of the Mayan Kingdom. Father wants her to marry so he will have someone to take his place as king when he dies. Wants her to marry Miroku because the Youkai Kingdom will be inclined to help with the raids. (human)

Kagome - Lady in waiting and best friends to Sango. Both parents are dead, most of the reason Kagome works and lives at the palace, Mayan. (human)

Kikyo - Servant in the palace, Youkai. Sesshomaru hand picked her to work there because of her skills and mostly for her controlled demeanor. She is friends with InuYasha and Miroku. Closer with InuYasha because they live there while she only spends time with Miroku when he stays over at the palace. She does not dislike Naraku she just feels she has more important things to do. Both parents are dead. (human)

Naraku - General of the Youkai army. Was also hand picked by Sesshomaru for his skill and control. Despises all human because they are weak and hates the fact that the need them to maintain a good name in the respectable world. He also doesn't like that Sesshomaru plays into this.

But he loves Kikyo for her personality and etc can not be found in many women (even demoness). Would consider her for his mate but feels Kikyo won't give him the time of day. (hanyou - that plays a bigger part in the story later. Because almost everyone assumes he is a demon. )

Koga and Ayame will be added later.

~*~*~*~*~

If there are anymore questions are unclear concepts let me know. If you don't feel comfortable leaving them in a review then email me at: babygurl_4th@yahoo.com or purple_hanyou@hotmail.com. (be advised that I check both but I check my yahoo mail more.) Gomen for the mix up.

And just a tip for all you readers that haven't noticed yet. Almost everything in my story has a purpose. It is chalked full of context clues. That is what I look for in other people's stories so I can predict what happens next, and I halfway expect you to do the same.

So when I give you some information retain it. Don't trash it otherwise you might be lost.

Still don't understand? Examples: Miroku's chronic pains, Miroku tell InuYasha that it was hard to get rid of the last princess.

Ja,

Precious