InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The mink demon named Mira is mine. I created her. If you use her you are going to pay for it. I mean cash! I'm a lowly college student!!!

A/N: I am dedicating this chapter to Ryudo. He gave me what I needed to get through this chapter and inspired me to finish it. Thanks Ryudo-sama.

**Warning**: This chapter is long and I hope that in reading it you will not lose the important information in it. I was going to make it two short chapters but my living InuYasha doll convinced that you would be more appreciative if you had one long chapter instead. So you better send Ryudo your praises.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 10

They had finally moved beyond the chess wars. The training area became their new battlefield. They had been there for what seemed like hours. Miroku had prayed to Kami for the strength when Sango had changed into the firm fitting workout clothes. And then she began to stretch her limbs, showing exactly how limber she was. Apparently Kami had not heard his silent pleads as the impure thoughts entered his mind.

Three flips and hentai cries later they had gotten in to a pretty intense staff fight. She was good but this was his weapon of choice.

He countered her strike and pushed away from her. "Your good. With some practice you may be as good as me."

She narrowed her eyes. "What do you mean 'as good as you'?" She charged again, but this time she used her staff to catapult herself towards him doing a high air kick.

Ducking her assault, he answered. "Like I said" She landed behind him gracefully, making them back to back. He turned, quickly knocked away her weapon, and brought her down. "not as good as me."

She fell face first. The fallen beauty used her elbow to lean up a bit. Being careful not to brush against her, he straddled her and whispered in her ear. "If you want I could teach you."

Sango scowled. She could hear the smile in his voice. Rearing her leg back, she kicked him in the head. However, that turned out not to be such a good idea. He landed on top of her with all of his weight.

The wind was knocked out of the fighters. When he regained use of his lungs he rolled off of her, but remained lying on his back. The pair was huffing loudly.

'At last! A true partner. Someone that is not afraid to strike me. But then again he doesn't know I'm the princess.' The floor was starting to feel good and she closed her eyes, still taking in all the air her lungs would allow. 'He's not so bad. We like some of the same things and he is fun.' Except for being a pervert, she couldn't find anything wrong with him. 'To bad he's not my intended instead of that jerk. Miroku may make me reconsider my thoughts about all princes being pigs.'

"Well it's a good thing you don't have a bonny butt, otherwise I might not be able to produce an heir."

Maybe not.

Sango found the strength and speed to punch him in his well-defined abs. Why hadn't she noticed that before? He crumpled in the fetal position using his right hand to clutch the spot she had hit while the other arm was spread out beside her. Rolling to the right (away from her) he moaned and went limp.

'Was he okay?'

"Gomen, Miroku. I didn't mean to hit you so hard." He lay unmoving. She kneeled beside him and leaned over him to peer into his face. "Miroku? Miroku? Please wake I'm so sorry-"

She felt a hand caress her bottom. This time the princess punched him in the head.

'Why did he always have to ruin everything?'

She got up and walked to her room leaving a twitching Miroku on the floor.

~*~*~*~*~

'They had almost kissed. If Kikyo hadn't showed up they would have.' The mere thought made her heart pound faster. She had wanted it but the look Kikyo had given her was a cold one. Like InuYasha was hers or something. But she must have been mistaken.

Was she really falling for Sango's intended? But Sango didn't want him. So that made it okay, right? It was going to break her heart to leave him. She'd spend every moment she could with him until they had to leave.

If Kikyo wanted him, who was she to stop her? Maybe they had something going on before she arrived here. Though such behavior would not be presentable in anyway, that didn't mean that it didn't happen.

'But if he liked Kikyo then why would he try to kiss me? Well he does think I'm his fiancée. But if he thought of her like that, then what did that make Kikyo?'

This was so confusing. What was the use of brooding over someone if they didn't feel the way you felt? He didn't even know the real her. All she had done was lie to him. How could she possibly ask him to trust her and love back? Wait did she just use the word love?

Kagome shook her head to clear her mind. She had better change clothes before he came back to wrap her ankle. She twisted to remove the wet clothes. She jerked at the dress and started to slide off the bed. Her reflexes kicked in and her left leg helped her regain balance. She climbed back on to the bed.

Hmm. That was funny, her ankle didn't hurt so much anymore. The swelling had gone down, too. It couldn't support her weight yet but ....

No, that would mean InuYasha wouldn't have to carry her around anymore. She would have none of that. 'InuYasha is the first thing I see every morning and the last thing I see at night and it's going to stay that way.'

After dressing, she held her foot over the high headboard. As her late grandfather always said, "Love is pain." She released her leg and it started to fall toward the hardwood.

~*~*~*~*~

What use was that girl of Kagome's if she was never around? He'd searched Miroku's room, her room, even asked around. The useless wench was no where to be found. Kikyo was mad for some reason. That meant he'd have to go back into the room where Kagome was. After the close call in the hallway, he was a little reluctant to be in the same position that had started it.

How could he be so dumb. He had no right to her. She was Miroku's, but if he had wanted her then he wouldn't be pretending to be him. Now that he was thinking about it even if Miroku didn't want her all he had done was lie to her.

InuYasha may not be an expert on women but he did know lying was on the no-no list. This whole thing was hurting his brain. The moment she was better he'd be the meanest jerk in the world, but until then he'd do what he'd been doing.

And right now that meant going in there wrapping her ankle. He could have asked one of the other servants to do it. He should have asked one of the servants to do it. But it just didn't feel right. InuYasha looked at the door.

No, she was his responsibility. The only reason she had gotten hurt in the first place was because he had picked a fight with her.

"Ahhh!"

He knew that sound. It was one sound that was becoming very familiar to him. That was the sound of Kagome in pain. It wasn't a shriek more like a muffled yell. What had happened this time?

Without warning he opened the door to find her on the bed holding her ankle. Her head was face first in the sheets. Well that explained why the yell was muted some.

She knew that it would hurt but the fact the she had lost her balance in the middle of aiming her foot brought on an unanticipated amount of pain. 'Breathe Kagome. Breathe. If InuYasha comes in now.... you don't want him to take one look at your face and see you holding back tears.'

A hand touching her back made her spring up and the back of her head hit something hard.

"Fuck!" InuYasha used his other hand to rub his forehead. "Damn girl. What the hell is your head made of, metal?" Kagome winced as she tested the new knot in her noggin.

"Bitch, can I leave you for one second without you hurting yourself? What happened?"

"I fell?" It sounded more like a question than a statement. It was sorta true.

Though he was oblivious to that, he was getting that look again. This was the same look the dog prince gave her when he found her on the floor. Kagome internally shivered.

"What the hell do you mean you fell. How the fuck did you fall if you made me pull the goddamn trunk with some you clothes in it by the bed so you wouldn't have to walk?"

Good point. How was she going to lie her way out of this one? But it turned out she wouldn't have to lie.

InuYasha shook his head. "Never mind. Your were probably doing some female thing I don't want to know about." The rage in his honey gold eyes was quickly replaced with concern. "Are you okay?"

The puffy ankle servant nodded. A sigh left his lips but for some reason it sounded tense and uptight. Like he wanted her to be hurt. No that had to be her imagination.

The inu hanyou was just about to set up everything so he could wrap her ankle, but something inside his head gave him a swift mental kick. That's when he remembered what had happened the last time he sat in the bed with Kagome, not wanting a repeat performance he carted the princess over to the couch.

When he was done he noticed her staring at his face. 'Was there something on his face?' He tried to act casual as he ran his hand over his face. 'Nope. He didn't feel anything.'

"Is there something wrong?" The fur-covered receptors on his head began twitching with impatience.

'He was so cute when he did that.' She maneuvered on the couch to get a better look at his face. "No. I was just wondering something. InuYasha, your hair is silver, but your eyebrows are black. Why?"

He successfully dodged the question. "Why do you ask so many questions?"

Kagome took this as a "I'm not going to tell you." She'd try again later when he was in a better mood.

"The only thing I want to hear coming from your mouth is the rest of the chapter you promised me."

"What?"

"You heard me. We made a deal."

"Hmmm. Deal? Deal?" She pretended to ponder as she scratched her head. "What is this d-e-al you speak of?"

He stood up and towered over her. "Don't play with me, Bitch. You said if I let you touch my ears then you would read me the next chapter."

Still pretending, "Hmm. Oh! Ohhh! You mean that deal. Well that deal no longer counts." She cut him off before he started protesting. "I left the scroll outside so who knows what kind of shape it's in."

Instantly, the hanyou reached in his robes to reveal the once soggy scroll. He wagged it in the air while smirking.

"Now you didn't really think I was going to let you use that as an excuse, did you?" He let the literature land in her lap. "I even let it dry some. Go ahead. Look at it."

She was impressed. She never remembered him picking it up. But she wasn't done toying with him yet. "That was very kind of you InuYasha, but it still doesn't renew our agreement."

"What?!"

"If you weren't aware of it. I had long finished that chapter before the rain started." Had he been that out of it? "I was on the next chapter. New chapter, new deal."

InuYasha's jaw dropped. She'd done it to him again. How the hell did he manage to get mixed up with these scheming women? First his mother, then Kikyo, and now Kagome. Was there a women's handbook and this?

He stood there as Kagome dreamed up another way to invade his person.

"InuYasha, could you go get me the brush over there." Like a good puppy, he obediently carried out the command. Taking the brush from him she gave him another command. "Sit." He raised an eyebrow and gave her a suspicious glare. "Sit", she repeated while pointing at the floor in front of her.

"Why?"

"Because your hair is a mess and brushing it will also help it dry faster."

'That's strange, why would it be tangled?' Then he remembered Kagome had been sitting on it when they were trying to escape the rain.

"Want to know a faster way?"

"How?" Kagome looked at him just in time to see the gleam in his eyes grow. She didn't like the look. 'What did that look mean? Dry faster. What could the little half dog demon mean? Wait a minute. Dog...dog demon. He couldn't! He wouldn't!' He did.

But the realization hit her to late. InuYasha shook his head sending water showering over Kagome and anything else within range. The sound of Kagome's shrieks drifted out the open door and echoed through out the hallway.

~*~*~*~*~

"Sango, just say something."

Miroku had been banging on for a good fifteen minutes but Sango refused to open up.

"I said I was sorry."

The door shot open.

Sango was heated. "Why do you always have to ruin everything? Your just as bad as that jerk!"

She was in the process of slamming the door again but she ended up crushing Miroku's hand instead. Miroku bit down on his tongue to keep from yelling in pain.

"Oh, Miroku! I'm so sorry." She was examining his hand.

"Damn, woman! I don't like pain. I'm not a masochist you know."

"I said I was sorry. But why am I apologizing? You're the one that should be apologetic. And you must like pain because girls pound you for always acting like a hentai."

"Sango I said I was sorry. Remember when you slammed the door in my face? And I continued to apologize through the closed door. And I don't have other girls pounding me. You're the only girl besides Kikyo with enough gall to actually strike me."

Sango led him in the small servant room and sat him on the edge of the bed. "What? You mean girls let you get away with that? Surly, they fight back."

The transitory servant was using the left over water in the wash basin to dampen a cloth attempting sooth his fingers.

"Your joking right? Just because you've got guts doesn't mean other girls do. They're afraid I might punish them."

"So you take advantage of them!" She squeezed the bruised fingers.

"Oww!" He snatched away the offended digits. "No. If I did then why haven't punished you?"

That was a good question.

"Okay then, why haven't you?"

He shrugged his shoulders. Looking down at his hands he answered. "Your fun. You intrigue me." He summoned up the courage to continue. "When I get up in the morning I look forward to seeing you." Their eyes locked.

Needless to say Sango was pleasantly shocked. And to think her father had said she had to be a proper princess to find a suitable prince. She was going to tell him. She was going to tell him she was really the princess and that she couldn't marry InuYasha. Sure he wasn't giving her an 'I love you' but you have to start somewhere. And she didn't want her deceit to ruin this once in a lifetime opportunity.

"Miroku I-"

"Sango!" one of the castle servants busted in her room. "Sango we-" The servant stopped upon seeing Miroku. "Uh, prince Miroku. I didn't know you were here." Mira cleared her throat. "The King is looking for you."

'Why would Sesshomaru be looking for me?' He stood up and took Sango's hands in his. "I'll be right back."

Sango nodded and Miroku made his exit.

Mira waited until the prince had left out of the room and turn the corner to speak.

"Sango, please tell me there is nothing going on between you and prince Miroku."

"Of course not."

Mira held a hand over her heart and sighed with relief. "Thank Kami! You been a godsend to us because ever since you came he's been ignoring us in favor of you."

That sounded like a compliment but her tone made Sango think otherwise.

"That's bad?"

The white mink demoness closed the door and sat beside Sango. "Don't get me wrong, prince Miroku is a very charming person...."

"But..."

"...Just don't end up like the other girl, okay?"

"What other girl?"

~*~*~*~*~

'Why did I let that get to me?'

Kikyo was on her way to Kagome's room. She knew InuYasha would be there. Nowadays that's where he always was.

But he was probably still wrapping the princess's ankle.

Kikyo walked up to the door to find it wide open.

'That was strange, InuYasha hated for people to see into his room.'

The next sight made her do a double take.

~*~*~*~*~

"Okay InuYasha, I'm done brushing. Doesn't that feel better, now? It definitely looks shinier."

"Whatever Bitch. You owe me two chapter after this."

"Okay. Okay. Hand me the scroll."

For the second time that day, InuYasha did as he was told. And Kagome started reading.

Kikyo couldn't believe her eyes. Had InuYasha not only let her brush his hair but he actually did as he was told, no griping or complaining. And this girl was reading to him! He had told her reading was boring. Unless it wasn't the story he found boring...

`Was she touching his ears?!' Kikyo couldn't take it anymore. "InuYasha!"

In the enraged servants haste she forgot to call him by his title in front of company. Not that it mattered, the dog prince was to enthralled into his activities to hear anything but Kagome's voice. It wasn't until Kagome stopped rubbing his ears that he realized there was someone else in the room.

He pushed himself just enough to peak over the couch, to see what had ruined his heavenly moment this time.

'Kikyo? Why does she always bother me at the most inconvenient times? I didn't hear her come in?' Then he remembered that he had left it open in his haste to check on Kagome. He wanted to kick himself. `I can't believe I left the door open. Did she see me? Okay, InuYasha just act normal.'

"What?", he asked a little irritated.

"Come here."

InuYasha scoffed. "Whatever." He returned to his position on the floor.

"The King wants to see you."

Now the prince jumped up. Why would Sesshomaru want to see him? The older demon avoided contact with InuYasha as much as possible. And the fact that he was summoning him meant only one of two things...Either Sesshomaru had another dull event planned for him or he was trouble.

InuYasha went to the door while yelling to Kagome over his shoulder.

"Be right back, Bitch. Try not to hurt yourself while I'm gone."

Kikyo shot out right behind InuYasha and stopped in the hallway.

"What do you think you are doing?"

InuYasha turn around to face her. "Huh?"

"You're suppose to be running her away not doing what ever it is your doing."

"Kikyo, I don't have time for this."

"Of course not. Ever since she came you never have anytime for me."

"You're the one that got me assigned to be her personal slave. What did you think was going to happen? That she'd want to sit in the room all day. We will discuss this later."

"But-"

"I said fuck off! I gotta go!"

Neither of the pair realized that the door was still open and the hallway carried the sounds of their conversation straight to Kagome's ears.

~*~*~*~*~

Sango let the tears drop. 'How could she let herself be sucked into such an obvious trap?' She placed the rest of Kagome's clothes in the trunk.

'Why would Miroku do that? More importantly, why would he do such a thing to her?'

She sniffed back the rest of the tears. She'd show him that his sweet talk hadn't got the best of her. She was leaving. She should have stuck by her firm belief that all princes were pigs. And all the ones in this castle seemed to be jerks to boot.

'How could he have said all those things to me and not mean them?'

What had she done to make fate be so cruel? The sooner she left the sooner she could put this place and it's inhabitance behind her.

There was a light knock on her door. "Sango."

Sango erased the evidence of her tears and told them to enter.

Opening the door the visitor stated their business. "I came to get your trunk."

"Thanks, Hiten."

"No problem." He picked up the trunk with one hand. "Are you okay?" Not trusting her voice to betray otherwise, she nodded. "And you want to leave now? Why not wait until morning? It would be safer that way."

"No, it's better if I leave now."

Shrugging the guard gave her a smile. "If that's what the lady wants, that's what the lady gets." He left the room.

Sango quickly shut the door and ran to her pillow for one more good cry. Of all the thing to say Hiten had to say it like Miroku would have.

~*~*~*~*~

Both boys stared strangely at each other.

"What are you doing here?" They said together.

"Sesshomaru called me." They chorused again.

This was not good at all. Opening the doors to the King's private room, both of the princes displayed great caution. The room was lit only by a few candles, which gave it a haunting look.

"Close the door behind you." Sesshomaru said lightly. His back turned to them. The King was looking out of window at the darkening horizon.

Some moments passed before the dog demon continued. "Do either of you know why I summoned you?" Silence and nervous shifting was his response. "Let's start with a easier question. Do either of you know why I haven't been able to sit down to eat in the dinning hall, see my child, or sleep in the bed with my wife for the past month?"

Both shook their heads. "I'll tell you." Sesshomaru turned around to face them. If Miroku had InuYasha's sight he would have seen the ire in the King's eye that the candles failed to display.

"Because I have been preparing for the uniting of two kingdoms. Two kingdoms that are suppose to meeting under my roof. But for some reason things have not happened that way."

The princes both expressed a face that could only be translated as to say "We're in deep shit."

~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha took a deep breath as he stared at the door. He'd never had to do something so hard in his life. For once he was glad Miroku wasn't there.

`What would Kagome's reaction be? Would she hate him? Yell and scream? Or just accept Miroku?'

Deep down, InuYasha would prefer she get mad. That he could handle. If she were to just accept Miroku, he would be hurt. He wasn't sure when it happened, but she had managed to work her way under his skin and into his heart.

He exhaled the deep breath.

`How do I start?' He paused and twitched his ears. `Was that sound….voices?'

Twisting the knob, he entered cautiously. The sight that greeted him was confusing. That girl was in Kagome's room, but more importantly she was wearing Kagome's clothes.

"Hey wench! Who gave you permission to put on the Bitch's clothes? Where is she anyway? I need…to…talk to…her…"

Midway his sentence Kagome made her presence known as she poked her head over the back of the sofa. Her eyes fixed to the floor.

InuYasha looked from Sango to Kagome. Had he stepped into a parallel universe? Why were they wearing each other's clothes?

After seeing the now confused InuYasha stop his verbal assault, Sango spoke.

"Kagome is none of your concern. Nor is anything you have to say. The truth is I am the real princess. I don't like you and I'm leaving."

Still flabbergasted, InuYasha placed a clawed hand up to his temple.

"What are you talking about?"

Sango look up at the sky as if the ceiling wasn't blocking her view. `Kami, why do you insist upon plaguing me with pea-brained princes?'

~*~*~*~*~

He just had to tell her first. He really didn't want her to hear it from someone else. The likely-hood that the information would get twisted or changed was very high.

He knocked the door lightly but opened it after not receiving a response.

"Sango?" He looked around the room. `Where the heck had she gotten off to? He told her he'd be right back.'

Then it occurred to Miroku that all her things were gone.

`Where were Sango's things?'

He turned walking back down the hall. Someone must know about this. Miroku was just about to leave off the servant hall and enter the main one but for once Kami actually answered his question.

"..Then she got this look in her eye."

"I thought there was something wrong with her. I sensed it when I came to get her trunk. But I didn't know her that well so I brushed it off."

"Well someone had to tell her. I didn't want a young girl's heart broken if it wasn't necessary."

"So she did like him?"

"I dunno. All I know is that she said she wasn't going to be around for him to finish his `royal seduction' I think she called it."

"Speaking of seduction…"

"No, Hiten. You know I am seeing your brother."

"Come on Mira. Monten loves to share."

Miroku didn't wish to hear that part of their conversation. He walked on to the main hall.

`Could they have been talking about InuYasha and Kagome? No, InuYasha should just be in the process of telling her now. The only other royal person they could be talking about was him.' He doubted they were talking about Sesshomaru. `They were talking about him and Sango. What had he done to upset her? Or more like what had the mink demoness told her? What was her name again? Mary? No…Mirror? No. Mira! That was it. He and Mira were going to have a nice talk after he straightened out things with the princess.'

He grabbed his chest. That tightening feeling in his chest was getting worse. Maybe he should stop ignoring it and ask Kikyo for some medicine. Nah.

~*~*~*~*~

"Master I have bad news to report."

"Was is it now?"

"The princess is leaving. In order for your plan to work don't they have to marry?"

"It is what I would prefer. However I do have a back up plan in action incase this fell through." The speaker's lips curled in disgust. `That pathetic human managed to run off another one. This one was more important than the rest of the bubbleheads he'd been paired with. They really need to marry for this to be an unarguable situation.'

~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha sat in on the balcony railing. He was finally able to reclaim his room. But what did it matter. She was gone. How could she do that? She had worked her way in his head and now she was just going to leave! And she didn't even look at him. She either stared at the floor or the wall through the whole ordeal. She didn't even try to explain herself. Not the Princess Pushy would have let her get a word out but at the very least Kagome could have attempted to say something. Anything!

"InuYasha, where is princess Kagome?"

"She ain't princess. And they're gone."

Something inside Miroku dropped. So they had left. "InuYasha don't be cross with them it was our fault they left. We were the ones that lied."

"No dumb ass. I mean she wasn't the princess. Looks like we weren't the only ones to switch places." InuYasha's shoulders slumped as he looked out into the darkness

Miroku wasn't sure he heard right. He couldn't have heard right.

"InuYasha, are you saying that Sango was actually the princess."

"Isn't that what I just said dipstick? And you call me the slow one here."

~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha had had a terrible night. When he did force himself to go back into the room to sleep, Kagome's scent flooded his senses. And it got worse when he got into the bed.

Usually the smell would relax him but right now it was making him angry. It was reminding him about the things he really didn't want to think about right now. Why hadn't she told him? Why did she agree to it in the first place? Why had she toyed with his feelings if she had no intention of staying?

True he had been plotting, too. But at least he was planning to run her away. That made it a little bit better right?

After tossing around in the bed for what seemed like hours he gave up and went to sleep in his tree.

The next morning however he had awoken to find a fresh coat of dew on all exposed skin as well as his hair and a catipiller on his check.

"This is going to be a shitty day."

He decided that he was going to get dressed and talk to Kikyo. He had finally found her in the garden. Kikyo was cutting some fresh flowers upon Queen Rin's request.

"Kikyo I need to talk to you." He stated as he sat down near her. Kikyo continued on with cutting flowers as if she hadn't heard him. InuYasha sighed as he repeated himself. "Kikyo, I said I need to talk."

The servant huffed, and paused her task to look at him. "I heard you fine the first time. What now that your sprain ankle slut is gone you want to talk? Now you have time for me? When I wanted to talk you said you had things to do."

"What the fuck is your problem?"

"What is my problem?" She jumped up to tower over him, squeezing the flowers in one hand and the cutting tool in the other. "My problem is your suppose to be my friend and you blew me of for some princess that you were suppose to be running off."

"Well everything was going fine until you got me elected as her personal slave. Which reminds me why did you blackmail me if all you were going to do was tell Sesshomaru?"

"What are you talking about? I didn't say anything."

InuYasha didn't like the fact that Kikyo was yelling at him but it hurt a little more because she was staring down at him. He jumped up forcing her to look up at him so she could continue the staring contest.

"Well if you didn't tell him then who did?"

She hated it when he looked down on her. "I don't know or care.", she huffed while crossing her arms.

InuYasha was about to continue arguing until a new scent caught his nose. He leaned forward a bit and sniffed again.

He frowned up his face. "No wonder your acting so pissy. I'll talk to you later…when you're not PMSing."

All the suppressed anger that Kikyo had been unheathly pushing down inside herself exploded. And she did something she would never ever do if she had been in her right state of mind.

Before InuYasha could make his escape she reached out and grabbed the two sections of hair hanging on each side of his face and cut them as she had been doing the flowers earlier.

Amazingly she had cut them evenly but now the dog prince had forelocks on either side of his face that were shorter than the rest of his hair.

~*~*~*~*~

Miroku sat in his favorite spot in the forest as he tried to concentrate on his breathing exercises, but it was no use. All he could think about was Sango and how he had screwed this up.

Why would she switch places? Why did she feel the need to leave now? And why did she leave without saying goodbye?

But those were the questions no one but Sango could answer. He really should be focusing on the ones he could answer. Were those servants really talking about him? What did that girl tell Sango that would make her want to leave?

He really wanted to chase after Sango but until he knew the answers to those questions there was no need in running after her.

Miroku cursed himself. If he hadn't been a lech and groped Sango she would have never been in the room to talk to that woman. She would probably be at the castle right now having lunch with him. She was after all his fiancée. Was it possible that he had just screwed up with the one woman that could make him happy?

And that was just the icing on the cake. He still had to explain to his father how he had managed to run another girl off. The idea had been much more appealing before he had known Sango was the one he was giving up.

How had a simple plan gone so wrong? He hated to think about what Sesshomaru would do to him when he found out. He had done a little over a month of planning for no reason, and after their little `talk' last night he wasn't going to be the one to tell him.

It was made very clear that he was not happy with either him or InuYasha. And this event would surly make things worse.

The prince shook his head as he mounted his horse. This was a fine mess he had made and he didn't have the first clue as to how to get out of it.

~*~*~*~*~

Two days they had been on the road now, and she couldn't get the prince out of her mind. When she closed her eyes to lay down she saw his face. When she tried to think he invaded her thoughts. How was it this perverted prince had engraved himself into her mind?

"Sango did you want the rest of the apple?"

"No."

Kagome gave the rest of the fruit to the guard, which he gave to the horses. And the driver announced that it was time to go. Both girls situated themselves inside the carriage for the bumpy ride.

Kagome sighed. She couldn't stand the silence. She needed to talk about something.

"Sango? What are you going to tell the King?"

"Actually I thought about that. I was thinking of a couple of kingdoms that could help us with the raids. And I will tell him the truth about prince. That he was a jerk and I won't be responsible for handing the kingdom over to him."

Kagome nodded. But then Sango started again.

"I can't believe that white haired-"

"Silver."

"What?"

"Silver. His hair is silver and you keep calling it white."

Sango looked at Kagome for a minute. But never the less it did make her stop complaining.

"I know what well make you feel better Sango." Kagome said with fake happiness. "Give me that new scroll you got. I'll read it to you."

Sango bit her bottom lip. She had kept the scroll. For some stupid reason she couldn't bring herself to throw it away. It would definitely help her forget Miroku but…

"No. I don't really feel like hearing it."

"But a couple of days ago you said you couldn't wait to hear the next chapter."

"Well that was then, this is now." Sango finished lamely.

Kagome just sighed and stared out the window. If she was with InuYasha they'd be outside right now enjoying the fresh air. He would be lying in her lap while she read him a story.

But the image was quickly replace with the last time she had seen him. He was some where between hurt and angry. She could tell by his voice. She didn't have the heart to look at him.

She knew that he would want her to explain everything, and if she had looked into his eyes she would have broke down crying. Not that it would matter. Kikyo was there to lick his wounds. Kagome choked back the twinge of pain in her heart. Kikyo would help him forget.

`What had put a fire under Sango to make her want to leave?' The lady in waiting was dying to ask that. But every time she brought it up Sango would change the subject. The last time she mentioned it Sango had broke down crying.

Afterwards Kagome had dropped the subject all together.

Suddenly the carriage came to an abrupt stop. "What is that?" The driver stated.

"It is the strangest wind storm I ever saw." The soldier replied.

Both girls eyes widened. They lunged toward the window. There was indeed a huge whirlwind of sand coming their way but it was no storm.

Kagome's heart sank. This is not what she needed right now.

"Kagome, is that Koga?"

The servant groaned. In seconds he was in front of the carriage.

Koga held an air of importance as he spoke with the driver and guard. "I wish to speak with the princess."

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: *wipes off sweat* It might not be my best chapter but it is definitely my longest. Thanks for being so patient with me. The next one is probably going to take a while, too. So just bear with me folk. Now to answer the reviews.

BabayBunny - You're funny. And sorry about not being able to make your request.

sabriel7 - Thanks for your concern. And I'm happy to say I've made a full recovery.

cursed_jax - I thought it was interesting that you used the word `spar' in your last review. Were you peeking? No I'm just playing. You were right. Good guess.

fireash - I just want to say thanks for reviewing. I think you're my fav' reviewer.

Aurora_thorn - I'm sorry about how long it took. And I'm so happy you told us who the spy was. I'm even more happy I put her on the suspect list before you told us.