InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Spring Showers and Board Games ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Over 3,000 hits and 65 reviews (minus my 13-16 reviews)…..*sniffs back tears*….You really do love me!

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 9

Sesshomaru looked at his general with a hint of anger in his usually cool eyes. He could not believe that he dared to disobey him. Four days ago he had asked Naraku to set aside a sizable number of men to send to the Mayan Kingdom.

As allies with Fantasia, he would be expected to help with the raids that Mayan seemed to be dealing with the when the two kingdoms merged. And in preparation he wanted to start dividing his forces so that his men would be used to working with less numbers before they actually had to. So any unforeseen problems could be taken care of.

"You know I don't like being caught off guard."

"King Sesshomaru, I don't see why this is a big deal. No one is stupid or brave enough to attack us. Just put word out that they are now under our protection. That alone should be enough." Sesshomaru turned his head away from the general, as if no longer seeing him would make him cease existence. "I don't like sending my men-"

The inner rage made its way to the surface and was blatantly displayed on the King's face. He stood and looked down at the general from the throne platform.

"Whose men?" He said it in a tight whisper but he might as well have yelled it.

It wasn't often that he displayed emotion to anyone other than his Queen or child. And the only other person he showed anger to was his brother. This was not a good sign. Naraku began a slow backward retreat. Sesshomaru was furious with him and if he didn't leave his sight soon the demon king would make sure that he left the room in pieces.

"Those are MY men. You simply govern them. And what I choose to do with MY men is up to ME. Now leave. Before I do something I may regret."

In seconds Naraku was out of the door.

`I'm going to have to watch him.'

"King Sesshomaru." He turned to see his most trusted servant coming from the side door of the throne room.

"What is it Jaken?"

"Remember you told me to find out what the delinquents were doing? Well you'll never believe this."

~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha looked down at the board. He hated to play games with Miroku. Miroku always won and he'd find some discrete way to rub his face in it.

"Prince InuYasha, my lady is ready now."

"Can't she wait a moment?" He mumbled already knowing the answer.

Sango came up behind him and peered over the jerk's shoulder to see what had put him in such a fowl mood this time. They were playing chess. He seemed to be losing terribly. Most of his pieces were already off the board.

InuYasha thought a moment and brought his hand up to the rook. Sango just couldn't help herself. "Don't move that one."

InuYasha furred his brow as he glanced up in her direction. She was now standing off to the side to get a better view. He looked at the board and frowned. He went to pick up the knight when he heard the lady in waiting sigh and shake her head solemnly.

Now he was irritated. Jumping out of the chair he replied, "If you're so goddamn smart, you do it."

With that said, the half-demon prince stormed off. Sango stared after him, and then she looked across at Miroku. Miroku was sitting with both hands clasp in front of his face staring at her expectantly.

`Was she suppose to pick up where InuYasha had left off?'

"Okay.", she said lowly as if talking to herself. She sat down in the chair with the graceful and ladylike posture that had been instilled in her. Biting her bottom lip, she began to study at the board deep in thought.

`There is no way she can win this. I couldn't even pull this one off, so there is no way she-'

"Checkmate!"

The simple words shattered his thoughts. He blinked and stared the board. She had won. And it was with a pawn! How could he have missed such an easy move!

After seeing his face Sango couldn't help but smirk. She had to rub this in. "I could have used the bishop but it would have taken a whole two turns."

Playing InuYasha had turned his mind into mush. The board usually ended up on the floor. And when they did get through a game he always won. Maybe this girl could administer a decent challenge.

~*~*~*~*~

"No. That was the last one."

"Bitch you are going to read the next chapter or I'll leave your ass in this meadow."

She exhaled in defeat. Sango had explained to her why InuYasha had called her that but she still didn't like the word.

(Flashback)

"Miroku told me that InuYasha is only half demon. His father was going back to Fantasia when he found her injured on the road. It turns out that she comes from the same clan as the King and that is why the kingdoms are run as one. They're practically family!"

"Yeah that's great, but that's not what I wanted know. That's what you wanted to know."

"I'm getting to that. He is part dog demon."

`That explained a lot.', she thought.

"According to Miroku, that is what he calls all women that are married or engaged to be married. Something about them being brought up to be one."

Kagome had heard this part before. "Yeah, I know. So what your saying is it doesn't mean the same thing to him as it does to us."

"Precisely."

(End Flashback)

She looked straight in to the golden globes and asked for permission to do what she had been dying to do since she'd seen him.

"Okay. But only if I get to touch your ears."

~*~*~*~*~

"Why the hell did you stop?" He pushed up on his elbows to get a better view of her face.

"That is what you're suppose to do when you reach the end of a chapter."

"But you're going to read the next one. So why are you rolling the scroll up?"

"No. That was the last one." This was the fourth time she had said that today, but this time he believed her.

"Bitch you are going to read the next chapter or I'll leave your ass in this meadow."

Her reply was a sigh and she stared off in to the sky.

She had done the same thing when he asked her to read to him the first time. Little did she know that he had accidentally heard her reading with that girl. She made the story sound so interesting. He had made up his mind that if he was going to be her personal slave he was going to get something out of this, too.

Kikyo had tried to read to him but sometimes she would start to slip into her monotone voice and would succeed in putting him to sleep. Kagome on the other hand knew when to raise and lower her voice. She read so smoothly you couldn't tell where the sentence began and ended. And sometimes she even did the voices.

How was it the same voice that used to irritate him was all wanted to hear now? Not that he would ever admit this out loud. He didn't need to give Miroku anymore ammunition to use against him. Miroku. He had long forgotten his plan of running off the princess. It was turning to the opposite actually.

He was just going day in and day out with her. Knowing the he was her lifeline. She couldn't do anything or go anywhere with out him. The truth was that she was starting to grow on him. The bad part was the two-week deadline was rapidly approaching.

Her voice broke through the fog of his musings "Okay." Yes! He had broken her down once again. "But only if I get to touch your ears."

The last part made him stop his celebration.

"What?"

"You heard me. Agree to the terms or no deal."

He stopped to consider the consequences of allowing her full access to the second most sensitive part of his body. Well she had already violated his most sensitive area. And he really wanted to hear the next chapter.

She sat there looking at him with soft brown eyes as her hair fluttered in the wind. Why did she have to look at him like that? Finally, want gave into reason as crawled over to her give her what she wanted. He lowered his head to give her a better access.

Shyly she touched the soft flesh. She held back a giggle when they ear instinctively twisted away for the slight contact. She decided to start in the middle with some mild scratching and work her way to the runaway ears.

Soon the hanyou prince had his head in her lap as she rhythmically ran her fingers across his skull. She was reading the next chapter as his brain began to fog with pleasure.

~*~*~*~*~

This girl was wiping the floor with him. She had won every game so far but this one would be the start of his come back. He couldn't tell what her strategy was. From what he had observed she didn't prefer one piece over another. She didn't have any constancy what so ever. But he had figured out one part of her plan. She was distracting him on purpose with any and everything she could.

Sango stretched her arms high in the air making her chest stick out. One word entered his mind as he tried to steer his mind to focus on the task at hand. `Dirty.' How was he suppose to concentrate with her constant stretching and talking.

"So why do you like chess?", she asked while pulling her hair back to expose her smooth neck.

"It makes you think.", he said bluntly, trying not to look at the newly exposed skin. He waited until it was her turn to continue. "It's the game of kings. Or a least that is what I keep hearing."

`Time to start my come back.'

"Bet you can't guess my favorite piece."

She stopped studying the board to give him a raised eyebrow. She hadn't known him long but it would only take her one try to get this one. "Oh, I don't know. The Queen maybe."

"Yes, but I bet you can't guess why." He smirked.

She was going to say because she's a woman. She trashed the idea. `If it were that simple, he wouldn't be smirking like that.'

"Alright then tell me." She ended her turn.

The pony tailed prince ignored the game for a moment to be serious. "The queen is the most powerful piece on the board. She can do what she wants whenever she wants. She is the true ruler of this game. The queen even goes so far as to protect the king. What guy wouldn't want that kind of partner."

Sango drank in the words. `Did he just say he like her because she was strong. Was he messing with her head?'

She checked. He didn't look like he was lying.

"I wished that I could be more like that." She stated truthfully.

"What are you talking about. You are like that."

"How would you know what I'm like?"

"Fine if you don't want to believe me then that's you." He was scanning the board now. "In my opinion, you are pretty strong. And I'm not just talking about your punches either. Do you train or something?"

He peered up just in time to see a small smile appear on her face.

"Well I sparred all the time back home but I could never find a good partner."

"Really? Have you been our inside our training area?"

She nodded. "The princess was kind enough to ask if I could use it."

"Is she the one that taught you how to play chess?"

"No, I learned from watching my parents."

"Checkmate."

`What? How had he won?' He had used her own strategy against her.

She locked eyes with him. "You know this means war."

~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha wasn't sure how he had gotten to where he was. He had been so wrapped up in the story and the delicate hand massaging that he failed to notice the change in the weather.

The rain gushed from the sky, ruining his little slice of heaven. Kagome instantly threw up her hands in a feeble attempt to shield herself from the fast falling droplets. He had to get them out of the rain fast.

"Get on my back!"

"What? Why?"

"Cause it will be easier to run like that."

"But my ankle."

Damn. He had forgotten about that. If he ran it his legs would knock against her ankle. He'd have to leap the whole way. It might take a little longer but it was the quickest way to go with her being hurt. With much effort she was finally positioned on his back, and he dashed off.

Kagome squealed behind him. "I have to go as fast as I can. I know it's-"

"No. I like it."

`Had his ears heard right? Did she just say she enjoyed his favorite past time?'

Trying to talk over the roaring of the rain he shouted. "You like it?"

"Yes!" She cheered as he leapt toward the heaven meeting the raindrops.

He entered the castle knowing exactly how they were going to spend tomorrow. Finally he would be able to fully enjoy himself. And it was turning out that she wasn't all that bad either.

He sat her on the hallway floor and the dripping pair made a sizable puddle on the floor. Still on his hands and knees he turned the bandaged foot in his palm. She was fine but simple action made him aware of exactly how soaked she was.

The once flowing flared dress was now pressed firmly to her skin, leaving nothing to the imagination. If he hadn't noticed her curves before there would be no dismissing them now.

The red silk bunched as she moved her right leg to balance herself, seeing as he still hadn't released her left one. He had been staring and there was no denying it. Quickly he sat her leg down. He made a swift motion to get up but in his haste he forgot about the puddle they had made.

He caught himself just in time to come eye level to her breasts. He silently cursed her for wearing another dress that exposed her upper area. The sight of water beading off of her chest was not something he needed to see right now.

Fighting every animal instinct he had he closed his eyes. He needed to look some where. Anywhere else. But curse his demon luck the next thing he saw when he opened his eyes were her lips.

She could feel the heat of his breath hit her lips. Her heart began to pound wildly. She was to scared to move. Obviously InuYasha had different plans as he slowly began to bridge the gap. They were no more than a millimeter apart. Kagome closed her eyes ready to accept the fate that awaited her.

CRASH!

The sound brought them out of the entranced world they had been whisked to.

Kikyo stood a few feet away. "I was just going to check on you."

Her statement proved true for the things she had dropped were fresh bandages, scissors, cloths, basin, and some herbs. InuYasha was up on his feet in a flash.

"I was just about to take her to her room so she could change." Picking up the wet woman he started down the hallway.

Before he could escape Kikyo stopped him. "Well it seems you have everything under control, so you'll need these." Kikyo stated while shoving the items in Kagome's lap. And walked away as fast as her legs would allow.

Kagome had a sinking feeling. Her women instincts were screaming red alert.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: If you didn't get the chess scene let me know and I'll add a short lesson in chess so you can understand it.

Riomi - Thanks for checking out my story. I completely understand about the writer's block. Let me know when you are writing again.

*Important* - I will not be updating for a while because:

I am going to the football game against my sisters school, North Carolina A&T this weekend.

I have Thanksgiving break. (probably finish chapter 10 here)

I have finals when I come back from break. Study! Study! Study!

I am still getting over a sinus infection. I have recently been health enough to write coherent sentences. (Right, Ryudo?!)