InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku's Lyric ❯ Session Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 


Memoir of Kagome,


Do you ever wait for that moment, that moment where you finally grow up? When you're a child, you're always told "when you older, you'll understand", but they never tell you when that is. But the way I see it, kids wanna be adults, and adults wanna be kids, so do we ever really grow up? I guess I'll have to find out myself.




.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


"Inuyasha, there's someone here to see you."


He turned from his place on the roof at the sound of her voice. He was almost surprised, especially since there was no one he knew who would actually come and see him. Unless…


"Inuyasha…"


His violet eyes narrowed, clutching his fists until they turned white. The person's voice was deep, obviously male. He stood up, turning towards the voice. "Naraku."


The man smiled at him, but his smile was only a façade, for Inuyasha knew he never smiled unless it was at someone else's expense, it was how he thrived. He cursed himself mentally for not seeing his car in the parking lot, he should've recognized it, after all, he was the one who got him the damned car in the first place.


"I'm his guardian," said Naraku, walking over to the boy, "can he go home?"


"Yes," Kagome replied, "but we'll need proof that you're actually his guardian. Just casual precautions."


"Of course," he said, pulling out a set of papers from his briefcase and handing them to her. She inspected them thoroughly before passing them back.


"Alright, you can check out at the front desk," she said. He smiled at her, taking Inuyasha by the shoulder and leading him out. Kagome looked at him, noting his tense atmosphere. He gave her no more than a glance as he left.



***



"Excuse me, can you tell me where doctor Takahashi is?"


The secretary looked up at him from behind her glasses. "Dr. Takahashi is in surgery right now, would you like me to take a message?"


"No thanks, I'll wait."


Miroku walked down the hall, no destination in mind. 'I can't wait to get out of here.' True, the hospital wasn't the most welcoming place to be, with the temperature being a few degrees below comfortable and the air smelling of chemicals. To him, it just didn't seem… natural.


He passed by the nursery as he traveled through the maternity ward. Miroku looked through the window at the newborn, wrapped up in blankets, some pink, some a soft blue. Most were asleep; while others were wide awake, their heads rolling from side to side, their eyes darting from place to place. One baby girl had caught sight of him. He didn't wave, like most would be enticed to do, but stared back and let the infant take him in, the child wouldn't understand the gesture anyway.


He was taken by surprise as he felt something cling onto his legs. He looked down, seeing a small child latched onto his leg, a little girl no older than three or four, appearing to be near tears.


"I want my onee-chan!" she cried, latching tighter on his leg. He smiled lightly as he tucked his hands under her arms and lifted her up.


"Shh, shh, don't cry," he whispered, "now what's wrong?"


"W-We were playing in the playroom, we were playing hide and seek and I couldn't find her, so I left the room to look for her, now I can't find my way back!"


"What's your name?"


"Suzume."


"Okay then, Suzume, I'll get you back to your onee-chan," he said, hoisting her up onto his shoulders and carrying her off.



***



"Excuse me, can I help you gentlemen?" Kagome asked.


The two men loomed over her like hawks, their broad shoulders and pointed noses giving the effect of a vulture looming over dying prey.


"We're from the police department," the taller one said.


She looked away from them, suddenly becoming very uncomfortable and self-conscious. "Please, sit," she said, ushering towards the waiting room. She led them over, them following her closely. She could feel their eyes drilling into her, and Kagome wondered for a moment if they even blinked.


"Is something wrong?" she asked, sitting down.


"We're looking for an… Inuyasha," the shorter one said.


She almost dropped the clipboard she was holding and suddenly found herself on the spotlight, silently wishing that she was somewhere else, anywhere else but here. "May… I ask… why you are looking for him?"


"Mr. Inuyasha is charged with grand theft auto," the taller one said, looking at her over the rim of his spectacles, "he has stolen almost two dozen vehicles."


She stifled a gasp.


"He is your patient? Can you take us to him?"


"I am only a nurse," Kagome replied, her voice suddenly more serious, "besides, he was checked out this morning by his guardian."


She could've sworn she had heard one of them curse under their breath as they both stood up. "Well, if you do see him, you give me a call," the taller one said, passing her a card with a number on it. They left.


She walked behind the reference desk, looking at the card. "What did they come here for?" the secretary asked.


"Nothing," Kagome replied, tearing the card in half and dropping it in the trash.



***



"When does the next patient come in?"


"Your next appointment is at noon."


"Okay, thank you."


Sango looked up from her clipboard, stopping suddenly as she turned towards the window that revealed the children's daycare. 'Miroku?' She walked towards the window watching as he chased after several little kids, them giggling and laughing happily and they scurried away from him. She walked into the playroom, watching as one of the kids snuck up behind him and jumped on his back.


"You know, when someone tells someone to rest, that usually means to rest."


"There is more than one way to rest, Sango," Miroku replied, looking up at her.


"Your wounds need to heal correctly," she said, walking up to him, "if you put too much strain on your wounds, they can't do that."


"I've been in here for three days, when am I going to get to leave?"


She shrugged. "Depending on when your wounds heal, most patients wounded from gang-related violence are here for two-weeks, minimum."


"I can't stay here that long. I just want to heal and get out."


"You mean you're actually going back out there?!"


"Of course."


He was taken by surprise as she pulled him by the arm, taking him out of the playroom. "You can't be serious! If you go back out there you'll be killed!"


"I'll be fine," he replied, "I've handed those guys before, they're nothing."


"Well nothing sure did a lot of damage," Sango replied.


"Well, what am I supposed to do?" Miroku asked, "I'm homeless, remember?"


A moment of silence passed between them. She let go of him and started pacing in the middle of the hallway. Suddenly, she stopped, turned towards him, and said, "you can stay with me."


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


Preview of Next Chapter:


"Inuyasha? Inuyasha, what's wrong?!"


Kagome grabbed his shoulders as he stepped closer to her. Suddenly, the wind was knocked out of her as she landed on the pavement. When she looked back up, her eyes widened as she stared at the gun only inches from her face.


"You shouldn't have come," Inuyasha said softly, "you shouldn't have tried to find me."


.

.

.

.


I'm sorry for the delay, I'm having computer trouble, especially with my internet. 1) My mouse isn't working on normal mode. 2) My internet won't work, it keeps going to this errorplace website and prevents me from getting on the internet. When it works I promise the updates will be more frequent.


Lil'Lyn713 ^_^