InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misery ❯ Mixed Signals ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n:I'm SO FRIGGIN' SORRY!!!!!I had this typed out in September but I was so busy with school that I barely looked at it!Flame me if you will,but I'm only accepting them until November 1st.

Chapter 4,Mixed Signals

By.*~Shikon Rose~*

Disclaimer:Okay I've officially run out of creativity.But I will say this…I do not own Inuyasha.All I do all day is sit by the computer or draw anime-style drawings while lying on my bed.HOW CAN I POSSIBLY OWN THIS WONDERFUL CHARACTER?!?!?!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha distractedly listened to the engish lecture.He pondered about Kagome.What was it about her that made him so friendly all of a sudden?Was it her hospitality?Her aura was very welcoming,but maybe it was all because she looked a lot like Kikyou.He suppose he just treated her as if she were Kikyou…

"Mr.Taiyou.The past and future tense of bleed,please?"The teacher called.

"Bled and will bleed."Inuyasha answered boredly.He knew this stuff when he graduated elementry school!Most people didn't know this,but he was very smart and he never had to study for a test,yet he still got everything in the A range.

Inuyasha ran his fingers through his hair,growling at no one in particular.People around him shot glares,but all it took was one well-placed glance to make them leave him be.Kikyou came up and sat beside him.

"Inuyasha I feel I must talk to you about this Kagome character."She was sounding like a narration from Dracula.

Inuyasha sighed in boredom."Kikyou,drop it will you?I'm going with you.We're just friends.Stop being so…suspicious of everything."

Kikyou turned in her chair and hissed out:"Inuyasha I had no intention of talking to you about relationships.I was merely about to comment you on your fine choice of companions."She shot a freezing glare and with a sweep of her billowing sleeves,moved to the other side of the room.

Inuyasha sat there growling at her complete change of personality,then went back to fiddling with his pencil.

Boy was he ever having a bad day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha slammed the door of his pastel yellow locker shut with a bang.Students around him scowled.He flipped the finger at them and flung his pack onto his back.

As he headed out the door,Kagome came up to him.

"Hey dog guy,`sup?"Kagome was cheery as could be,but Inuyasha merely grunted.They chatted about random things.

"So what do you think Mr.Mendouza'll do to those guys who were vandalizing?"

"I dunno,but it's stupid if you ask me,sneaking into the school at night and painting all the computers pink with ponies."

Kagome giggled."Yeah,now all the guys are too flustered to even touch the computers,kinda pathetic."

"How's it pathetic?Just because us guys have our pride doesn't mean we're spineless!"Inuyasha was getting riled up.

"Call it what you will,but it's cowardice to me."Kagome shrugged.Inuyasha was about to retort when a billowing ball of blue attached itself to his back.That ball opened up to reveal a smiling Kikyou.

"Go away Kikyou.I don't want to hear about companionship."

"Don't be so mean!"Kagome scolded.

Kikyou blushed a pretty shade of pink."About that,Yash…I'm sorry if I overeacted a little.I wasn't thinking clearly.I mean,I thought you were dumping me!"

Inuyasha blinked a couple of times.

"It's alright…I guess…"

"Thanks,Yash.I'll make it up to you."Kikyou smiled sweetly and kissed his temple.

"Can you guys walk home with me?It's kind of awkward walking through downtown alone."Kagome peeped.

"Sure."Inuyasha shrugged.

"Sorry."Kikyou said,bitterness seeping into her words.

Inuyasha sighed lightly.

"Kikyou,you go on ahead.I'll walk her home."Kagome smiled shyly while Kikyou nodded,eyes narrowed slightly.

Minutes passed as the couple walked along the sidewalk of the bustling downtown.Neither said a word and were thinking deeply.

Inuyasha:`WHY DID I OFFER TO WALK HER HOME?!Well…I guess it's because I know the feeling when you feel like you just don't belong.Shittama,I'll bet anything that Kikyou's cursing me right now…I'm such an ungrateful bastard!'

Kagome:`Why did I ask him to walk me home!I must be messing up their relationship!Oh,you bad bad Kagome!!!I musn't do it again!!!Dumb dumb Kagome!!!

A few more minutes of this inner turmoil passed,and Kagome was the one to break the stony silence.

"I'm sorry Yash.I didn't mean for Kikyou to get mad at you.All I wanted was some company walking home.",She squeaked out shyly.

"It's alright I guess.I mean me and Kikyou weren't really official anyways."Inuyasha sighed(again).

"Oh…Ah here's my house!"Kagome pointed to a small shrine(which was the size of a large house anyways) and Inuyasha coughed a bit when he noticed two nosy pair of eyes glaring at him,presumably her parents.

"I'll leave now.Bye,Kagome."

As they walked along to their destinations.One could see their hands clutch their chest,trying to calm their,strangely,racing hearts.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/n:There.It was pretty short but I'm sorry,I'm out of practice!Wahhhhhh!....Alright,I'm starting the `coming up next chapter' thing.Here goes:

~Next Time~ Chapter 5 `Silver Lining'

Kagome marveled at the way he smiled,the way he walked,the sound of his voice,his spirit and his soul.

`I can't do this!'her mind screamed at her.`He's Kikyou's and I will never,NEVER interfere with their love!'

But of course she knew it would only be a matter of time before she broke her hold on her tirade of emotions for her Silver-haired friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review!!!I'll try to get the next chapter up as soon as I can!!!