InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misery ❯ siver lining ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n:Okay,I'm getting into the habit of never updating …again.My friend started to write Harry Potter fanfics on ff.net a while ago,to my delight.Anyways,I'm feeling angsty,so expect a good chapter.

 

Chapter 5,Silver Lining.

 

By.*~Shikon Rose~*

 

Dedicated to skymaster.Thanks a Million for my very first review!I feel bad though,since I haven't updated in so so long…gomen.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Kagome yawned and rubbed her eyes.Her first day had been pretty hectic,and the thing with Inuyasha and Kikyou…ugh…

 

She took a warm shower,scrubbing herself thoroughly.Suddenly,she felt an overwhelming desire to throw herself into someone's arms.She heaved a huge sigh.

 

"Hmm.I guess the pressure of not having a boyfriend really is quite strong…Especially after seeing Kikyou cuddle up."She added bitterly.Soon she realized what she'd said and scolded herself.It wasn't her fault,even though she did not deserve Inuyasha.

 

She laughed lightly.Then who does?She'd always had this thing for protecting her friends,and Kikyou was nowhere near a friend of hers,unlike Inuyasha.

 

As she stepped out of the steaming shower,glanced nonchalantly at her clock…AND DISCOVERED IT WAS 8:15?!?!?!

 

Kagome slapped on some clothes,grabbed her bag and hurried out the door,running down the street.She left people's heads turned as they struggled to see the girl amongst the cloud of dust as she ran past.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Inuyasha,in the mean time,couldn't be more bored.The teacher was handing back tests from yesterday,and by the way the teacher beamed at him,it was a guaranteed A+.The paper fluttered down in front of his and he picked it up,smirking.

 

There,on the front in big bold red pen,was a circled A+ and a `Bravo,Inuyasha'in plain handwriting.It was a good thing too.Students who got below A had to get their parent's signature,and that saved him the pain of repeating he had no parents.He glanced at Kikyou.She still wore a frown upon her face.

 

She'd been mad at him ever since he got back last afternoon,complaining about howhe shouldn't lead Kagome on,to which he angrily replied that she wasn't his master,so don't tell him what to do.

 

Looking back on it,he realized the simple statement that he wasn't interested in Kagome would've led to much better results.Speaking of her,the door crashed open and there stood Kagome,panting.

 

"So,who'll take Ms.Higurashi to get a late slip?"Inuyasha's hand shot up,and he raced down the aisle to take Kagome,slamming the door behind them.

 

 

"Whoa,whoa!Inuyasha what's up?"Laughed Kagome.

 

"What's up?!"Hissed Inuyasha,"You're wearing a goddamned `imappropriate' shirt,that's what's up!"Inuyasha pointed to the to the word on the front of her white T-shirt.

 

Kagome screamed.`Fucked-up and damn proud of it'???It was a gag gift from Miroku!Gods!

 

A nearby door banged open and an angry science teacher covered in soot appeared.

 

"STOP MAKING THAT RACKET!!!GIVE ME YOUR CARD!!!"Kagome handed him a little white card with trembling fingers.(At my school,there's a little card with grids you carry around with you,and whenever you're bad,a teacher ticks one of the little squares.You get three and it's detention!If you don't have it,then it's auto half lunch period!Evil,ne?)He ticked a square off and,thrusting it back to her,slammed the door.

 

Kagome sighed,shielding her chest.Why her?!

 

Inuyasha patted her back.

 

"Cheer up,Kag.Maybe you'll get lucky and hardly anyone will notice…"

 

Just that moment,Hojo,the guy girls labeled `weird hunk' came strolling down the hall.He took one look at her,and stiffened.Then the boy came over and blushed.To their surprise he took Kagome's hand and went:

 

"It's alright if you're a little disturbed,Kagome.You want to go to a movie sunday?"He blushed like a wild tomato."I know you were trying to get my attention with this shirt,you don't have to deny it!"

 

It was at this moment Inuyasha burst his stupid little bubble."`Scuse me,Hobo.But we were only going to get her late slip,not going to throw her all over you.So we'll gladly get outta here now!"Inuyasha angrily dragged her away.

 

"Inuyasha why'd you do that?"Kagome glared angrily.

 

"I CAN'T STAND THAT SPINELESS IDIOT!"His face was tinted slightly red.He really couldn't stand him,and that was why his face was all red.But unfortunately Kagome took this as him blushing and in turn blushed herself as she thought…

 

`Does Inuyasha have a crush on me?'She shook the thought away.`But he's obviously Kikyou's boyfriend'

 

`But he obviously isn't satisfied with her…'

 

Kagome huffed.Why the hell was she having this conversation with herself?!Inuyasha only liked her as a friend,and she him!...But that feeling just wouldn't go away…

 

They went to the office to get the little green slip.Unfortunately,the office secretary took one look and said:"Your card,Miss…Higurashi."

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"One strike,two strike,one more and I'm…outta here!!!"Kagome said feigning happy.Her face then fell as she slid into the seat next to Inuyasha.It was lunch and they were sitting in the presence of Miroku,Sango,and to everyone's dismay,Kikyou.

 

They finished their food,Kikyou saying nothing,while Inuyasha and Miroku argued who the most unattractive teacher in the school was.

 

"Miss Bavei!!!"

 

"No.Mr.Mendouza!"

 

"Bavei"

 

"Mendouza"

 

"Bavei"

 

"Mendouz-"It was Kagome who shut him up by clamping a hand over his mouth.Kikyou watched,bored,as she sipped on the school's tomato soup.

 

"Let's go get more food."Kagome said hotly.

 

He reluctantly agreed and was at the line when the principle rolled around the corner.In an instant,Kagome found herself hopelessly wedged between two people,her shirt logo facing the way principle Ayari was about to look.

 

Inuyasha thought fast and hugged Kagome just as her gaze rolled over him.To her they just looked like a happy couple.

 

Kagome flushed as his warm,soft shirt covered her.She unknowingly inhaled deeply and almost sighed.He smelt nice…

 

Kagome now blushed faintly,a faraway look on her face.He really was a nice guy,wasn't he?After they got back to the table,Sango nudged Kagome.

 

"Kags,why are you staring at Inuyasha like that?"She cocked her eyebrow."Don't tell me you…like him?"

 

At Kagome's deepening blush Sango slapped her forehead.

 

"Kag,no."

 

"Well it's not like I can help it."

 

Suddenly,they were interrupted by a loud bang.They looked up and saw a handprint on Inuyasha's face.

 

"JUST WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR,KIKYOU?!"

 

Kagome looked to Kikyou.Had she really slapped Inuyasha?She didn't look it.Her face was shocked,but her right hand was raised…

 

"Yash,I didn't,I swear!"Kikyou desperately tried to make up excuses.

 

"YOU DIDN'T?!?!I SAW YOU!!!KIKYOU DON"T BE A STUCK-UP BITCH!!!"Inuyasha threw his tray down and left.

 

 

After moments of awkward silence and Kikyou's weeping,Miroku broke out in a serious voice.

 

"You did slap Inuyasha,Kikyou.I saw the whole thing."

 

"BE QUIET YOU!!!WHY DON'T YOU ALL GO TO HELL AND LEAVE ME AND YASH ALONE?!?!?!"Kikyou ran out the door,almost tripping over a backpack on the floor.

 

Kagome felt tears well up for them.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

It was the last period of the day and they had phys ed.Kagome was in the girls changing room,dreading that the teacher would see her shirt.

 

"C'mon out Kagome,the period's starting."

 

A shrill whistle sounded and even the guy's heads turned,on the other side of the field.They had gym separately,so there was no way Inuyasha could protect her now.She almost slapped herself.`Who said I needed protecting?'

 

Another shrill whistle snapped her back.

 

"EVERYBODY,JUMPING JACKS,NOW!!!!"

 

Suddenly,Kagome turned and hid her shirt from sight.The bad thing was,everybody else was facing the other way.

 

"Higurashi,turn around now."She did and Ms.Beamis gasped.The middle-aged blonde woman asked for her card,then placed a big red checkmark,circling it.

 

"Tsk,tsk Higurashi.To the office.now."

 

As she was walking towards the office she heard footsteps behind her and Inuyasha came up.

 

"YOU have detention?"He asked incredulously.

 

"Yeah,what of i-"She clasped her mouth shut.She had said VERY Inuyasha thing.

 

He laughed,"Nuthin' of it.Bye `gome."He jogged off,his shoulders shaking with laughter.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Kagome walked into the dirty room filled with graffiti and placed her slip on the empty desk.

 

She turned around,and was shocked to see Inuyasha,among some of the rebels in school.She sat next to him.

 

"Why are you in here?"She asked.

 

"I figured you'd like some company."He let his grin fade into a soft smile.Kagome's heart lurched.

 

Suddenly,she clutched her chest tightly.

 

Kagome knew for sure now…she marveled in the way he talked,the way he walked,how he smelt,all the things he said did nothing to make her fall less in love with him.

 

"I have to go."Kagome darted out of the room and crashed into a bench at the front of the school.She gasped as her heart beat painfully and she started to sob.

 

She couldn't do this.No.He was in love with Kikyou and there was no way she was going to interfere…but she loved him so much…She sobbed loudly,buring her head in her sleeve.If this is the cloud,where was the silver lining?

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A/n:So I made them fall in love at chapter five,what are you gonna do,sue me?I just hate the fics where people drag it out,so I'm only making this story like…thirteen chapters long.

 

~*Next Time*~

 

Inuyasha winced as the textbook hit him in his raised arm.Kikyou let out a cry of rage and hurled more things at the hanyou in the doorway.

 

"Kikyou,stop!"

 

"I should stop while you were with that bitch cheating on me?"Kikyou laughed bitterly.

 

"WE WERE IN DETENTION YOU FAG!!!"