InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight Shadow ❯ Walking ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: Walking


Series: Inuyasha

Universe: Ninja AU (NOT Naruto-verse, mind you! Sorry! Traditional ninjas only).

Pairing: Eventual SessKag

Rating: PG-13 ( For now, suscepticble to change).

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and its characters are the intellectual property of one Rumiko Takahashi. I only make bad fanfiction about it.


Walking

888

Their first meeting had been disastrous.

"You would be wise to cease your impertinence, wench." Sesshoumaru growled, his deep voice filled with conceit.

"And you would be wise to polish your manners…my lord." Kagome spit back, the honorific dripping with sarcasm.

Kaede rolled her eyes at both of them.

Not wishing to put off her training with Lord Sesshoumaru any longer, Kaede and Kagome began the long journey towards the man's house. The walking was a bit more than Kaede was used to, about a two day's worth of travelling, and Kagome anxiously hovered over the old woman like an annoying mother hen. While she appreciated her pupil's concern, she could give more credit to the old woman. She had not been her village's elite kunoichi all these years for naught.

Fearing the inevitable meeting, she had made Kagome swear to bite her tongue when they met the lord, for she was certain that Lord Sesshoumaru's attitude would raise that quick temperament of hers.

Kaede was not mistaken, as she seldom ever was, for as soon as they had arrived, Kagome was swift to pick a fight.

"You did not even hear my Lady out, and you forgot to offer Kaede-sama tea and a seat, Lord Sesshoumaru. I would hope the House of the Moon would be more hospitable than this."

Sesshoumaru whirled towards the elder woman, his face thunderous. "You expect me to take such an ill-mannered and insolent student?" he spat, venom clear in his voice.

"I expect," Kaede spoke carefully, "for thee to shape her into the best kunoichi that she can be."

"Then you expect too much." Sesshoumaru hissed, stomping away from the two female ninjas.

Kagome stared back aghast, both angry at him and herself. She stepped forward, as if to follow him, but Kaede put a hand out to stop her.

With a withering sigh, she walked after the haughty lord, determined to have him hear her out.

She was too old for this shit.


Authors notes: I feel like Kaede right now, trying to convince people at work to get along. Too old for this shit. Also, it is a written law that, upon their first meeting in any story or universe, Kagome and Sesshoumaru go at it like dogs in a cage fight. It only seems fair, since that is also how they met in canon.

Remember to R&R! Are you liking the story so far?