InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A man was helping his father who was helping his mate set up for dinner. It was to be steak and mash potatoes. The man was starting to get worried. He had called for his daughter, Rin 10 minutes ago and yet she had not returned from playing outside. That bothered the man. He didn't want anything to happen to his little girl. He and his father were done setting things up and he was about to call Rin again when he heard something that he didn't ever want to hear; it was a scream. Not just a little scream but a loud one and it was coming from Rin. Upon hearing her scream the man that looked around 23 or so come running towards Rin with his father not far behind. When they got there they saw Rin crying on her knees.
The 23 year old ran to Rin and embraced her in his strong arms to give her a shoulder to cry on. While doing this he began to look for wounds or any sign that she was injured but the fact that she was crying was the only sign that said she was hurt in some way. He could not find wounds of any kind on his daughter. The man watched as his father walked towards them.
The older man came over and knelt down to Rin's height. “Rin what's wrong dear?” he asked gently.
“Kagome is dead.” Rin wailed putting her small fists to her eyes.
“Who is Kagome?” the man asked as he began to look around the area.
“Kagome is my new friend. She's over there.” Rin pointed to Kagome's limp form. Both man looked at Kagome's direction and one of the men thought Wow she's hot. Wait no. Did I just think that?
The older of the two men went over to Kagome's body. It was a horrid sight to see. Her silver winds on her back looked broken and deformed; feathers missing and going in different directions, her body was cover in claw marks of some kind, and there was multipliable bruising on her face and arms.
“Grandpa Taisho is she dead?” Rin asked trying to calm her self to speak right.
Taisho knelt down to Kagome's side and put two of his fingers to her throat. He then shook his head. There was a pulse there; faint and weak but it was there. “No. She isn't, dear. She just fainted from all those wounds she has.” Taisho turn to the younger man that was his son. “Sesshomaru take Rin. I got the girl…I mean Kagome.” With that said Taisho picked up Kagome while Sesshomaru grabbed Rin and they ran back to the hut where a frantic Izayoi greeted them.
00000000000000000
“Oh my god Taisho! What happened to her?” Izayoi franticly said. They ran through the hut looking for a room to place Kagome. They found one in the far corner of the hut. There Sesshomaru opened the door and stepped back to let his father able to come into the room.
“I don't know. Rin found her by the ocean.” said Taisho laying Kagome down on a small bed in a spare room.
At first they all stared at her when Izayoi snapped out of it first. She calmly said, “Alright now, I need the first aid kit, some rags, and hot water.” Sesshomaru and his father did as ordered and came back at record time. They remained standing in the door way after Izayoi took the items in her arms. Turning back to the girl to get her undressed and to clean and bandage her wounds. Izayoi's hands stopped inches from Kagome's bloody clothing. Glaring at her stepson and husband, who were still standing at the door way looking at both her and Kagome.
“Do you mind?! Get out, perverts!” ordered Izayoi. Both men seemed to snap out of their trances and looked at Izayoi. Izayoi stood glaring at them, arms crossed, and a blood vessel popping out in her forehead. Taisho gulped hard. He knew his mate was mad and she was scary when she was. Though nothing was worse when she made him sleep outside of their room for days even weeks before he was allowed back in. Taisho shuddered thinking back to those days. It was something he didn't want to experience again.
“W-well Sesshomaru lets check upon little Rin.” A shaky Taisho said. Putting a hand on to Sesshomaru's back, Taisho gently push him out the door with him not far behind and closing the door softly.
Izayoi got to work after the door to the room shut close. She couldn't believe the damage that was done to this girl. But she continued to work none the less. After 2 hours of cleaning, dressing, and resetting some of her bones in her body; Izayoi was done.
Izayoi wiped the sweat that had formed on her forehead for some time with her left forearm. She changed out of her many layers of clothing and into a simple on. She didn't want the one she wore to be stained with blood.
`Whew! That was tiring. I wonder where she got all these wounds from. Some of these wounds are really deep.' thought Izayoi while cleaning up her medical mess and Kagome's blood mess when she heard a moan on the small bed; it was the winged girl that her mate and son had brought back with them.
The angel Kagome opened her eyes and Izayoi got closer to her.
“Hello dear. How do you feel?” asked Izayoi gently and at a safe distance. Izayoi didn't want to scare the woman or have her start attacking.
Kagome saw the woman and tried to jump away from her. Though in doing so she flinched under the pain she felt go through her body. Where am I? Who is this? thought Kagome.
“Oh dear, don't worry. You're safe here.” said the woman. “My name is Izayoi. And yours is Kagome, right?”
Kagome was going to attack her. This person knew her name before she had given it. To Kagome; this woman was an enemy. But than some one came bursting throw the door; it was that little girl from before; Rin.
“Grandma is Kagome awake yet?” asked Rin running up to Izayoi.
So, is that why she knew my name before I gave it? Rin told her. thought Kagome. It made sense to Kagome now. It eased her some but not much.
“Yes dear, but she is probably still weak. Let her rest for a while.” Izayoi told the child gently. Rin gave an okay and left the room. The room? Kagome was so caught up she forgot to check her surroundings; a foolish mistake on her part. Though there were no enemies this time, Kagome swore not to make that mistake again. She could have been some where's else; a place where an enemy was there lying and waiting for the perfect moment to attack.
Kagome scanned the room with her eyes trying not to move her head. To her surprise the room she was in was bare to the bone and simple. Wooden walls and floors, a single; bed which she lays in, and a shelf with a mirror on top.
“Dear?” someone asked from her front. Kagome blinked. She forgot the woman Izayoi was still here.
“…Yes.” Kagome said in a cracking voice. Kagome placed a hand on her throat. How long has it been since she had water.
Izayoi saw the movements that Kagome had made and left the room. When she came back she found that Kagome was still in the same spot she had left her in. Izayoi brushed it off and showed Kagome the glass of water she had in her hands.
Kagome looked up as she saw the cup of water that Izayoi got for her. Gently Kagome took the glass of water from Izayoi's hand and slowly drank the water. When she was done Izayoi tenderly grasped Kagome's shoulders gently pushing Kagome down onto the bed.
“Go back to sleep. You can see the rest of my family later. Just get better for now, okay?” said Izayoi.
Kagome nodded her head deciding that this woman was trustworthy and closed her eyes to sleep.
Izayoi looked at Kagome one last time before leaving and closing the door softly behind her. When the door shut closed Izayoi sighed. It would be a long time before Kagome would be trusting them any time soon.
The next day around 7 am, Izayoi went to check on Kagome. She wanted to see how Kagome was fairing. When she got to the wooden door, she opened it to find…nothing. Kagome was gone.
It wasn't until this day that Izayoi came into Kagome's room again. But what she saw was nerve racking. The woman Kagome wasn't in her room. “Kagome!” Izayoi called out franticly.
“Izayoi, what's wrong?” Taisho asked as he ran towards his mate. He had heard of his mate's call for the woman and came to make sure everything was in order.
“It's Kagome, she's gone.” Izayoi told her mate.
“Huh?” Taisho didn't notice the absent of the woman named Kagome.
The bed at which she had laid on was folded and tucked. Like she never slept on it the night before when they brought her here. Taisho started to sniff around the room.
“Her scent is faint in this room. Meaning she left a whole ago.” Taisho gave another sniff. “Though it seems that the scent is leading towards the ocean, I suggest we follow it.” said Taisho. They were about to leave when Sesshomaru came running throw the door.
“Rin's gone.” he said.
Now Taisho was angry. He had let Kagome stay, be safe, and cared for and this is what she shows for it. Kidnapping Rin; of all people. They started towards the ocean. When they got there they saw two people; a small one and a tall one; Kagome and Rin.
“Look father there she is.” said Sesshomaru narrowing his eyes. He was pissed. Kagome had taken Rin and he would be damned if he was going to let Kagome get away for what she did. When they got closer they noticed that they where not on the shore but in the ocean itself. They wondered why. They found out when they fully reached them.
They gasped -even Sesshomaru- as they couldn't believe their eyes. Kagome with little Rin on her shoulders was standing on the water not in it. Kagome it seems has done nothing to Rin, for she was staring at the ocean and sunrise view that had played right in front of her.
Rin had been watching the sunrise and ocean water since early this morning. She heard Kagome get up and wanted to play with her, so she followed. After a while Rin turned her head to see her family at the shore line. Rin turned just enough so she could wave to them.
“Hey! Daddy, grandma, grandpa! Look at me I'm on the water! Can you believe it?!” said Rin happily. This was something that never has happened before and she was going to have fun with it as long as she could.
Kagome finally turned around to meet the family back at the shore. Kagome started to walk back to shore with Rin still on her shoulders; clapping happily. Kagome's ankle rings gave off a low tone as she walked on. When she got back on to the shore again she took Rin off her shoulders and set her down on her own two feet. Kagome gave a little push on Rin's back towards her family and Rin ran right into the embrace of a young man no older then 23 years of age. Releasing from the embrace the young man searched for injuries of any kind and any sign of that Rin was hurt. Kagome thought outrages. Why would she hurt a fellow woman and to Rin no less?!
When Sesshomaru was done looking at Rin he turned to look at Kagome then to the rest of his family. They all looked stunned. They were all looking at Kagome. He too looked at Kagome and saw that all of her wounds except the ones on her wings where completely healed. Sesshomaru stared at her. How could this girl heal all those injuries over one night? It wasn't possible. Not for Kagome it seemed.
Kagome notice the stares but don't care much as she just turned to walk back on the ocean again. Before she could make it far though, she was stopped by Rin calling her name.
“Kagome? How come you can walk on water and I can't?” a pouting Rin asked.
Kagome just looked at her for a moment and then she came up to Rin. A small smile played on Kagomes' lips. When she got close enough to Rin she kneeled down to Rins' height. Kagome placed her hands on Rins' shoulders. Kagomes' smile grew bigger.
“It's magic.” Kagome answered. Rin squealed. She was happy.
“Can I have magic too? I want to walk on water like you Kagome.” Rin said smiling silly.
“Sure thing dear.” Kagome then lifted her right hand and the hand glowed a light green with a hint of white in it; swirling around Kagomes' hand.
Before Kagome could touch Rin though the young man that was behind her came in a protective stance in front of Rin. “I, Sesshomaru will not let you touch Rin with that hand of yours.” said the man that called himself, Sesshomaru.
`Wow his is soo hot. Uhn…no don't think that.' thought Kagome.
“I assure you I won't harm Rin.” said Kagome.
“I will be the judge of that, girl.” told Sesshomaru to Kagome.
“Well if you would. Why don't you try it out first and then you can judge whether it's safe or not?” asked Kagome. Sesshomaru reluctantly nodded in agreement; he would do it. He wanted to make his little girl happy but he had to make sure it was safe by his standards.
Kagome put her hand to him and his body flashed green and white. Sesshomaru felt nothing different on or inside of his body, Kagome came up to him and said, “Now picture yourself standing on top of the water and then walk towards the water itself.”
Again Sesshomaru nodded and he closed his eyes as while as walking towards the water. Only he felt no water or any splash that could be heard that Sesshomaru had been in water. He heard Kagome say “open your eyes.” so he did. When he did he saw he too was walking on top of the water. Wow. He turned to face Kagome and asked,
“What are you?”
“An Angel.” Kagome replied as she walked back onto the water but this time with Rin right next to her.