InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel ❯ Where do babies come from? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Everyone was out and they had left Rin and Sesshomaru behind to guard the house. Rin and Sesshomaru were outside it was a wonderful day to just sit and watch clouds. Rin was bored thought there was nothing to do so to make things interesting she did the one thing she was really good at; questioning. They were outside it was a wonderful day to sit and watch clouds.
“Dad, where do babies come from?” said Rin.
Sesshomaru stared at his young charge, barely managing to hide his surprise, before closing his eyes. “Why do you want to know, Rin?” Sesshomaru questioned.
“I just want to know.” Rin replied. Already, Sesshomaru could feel a headache coming on.
“Babies come from women.” Sesshomaru answered, hoping almost desperately Rin would be satisfied with that answer.
“Will I have children?”
“When you find a mate.”
“What will my mate do, Daddy?”
“He will…um…” Sesshomaru had a hard time answering her. Rin stared at Sesshomaru with an intense look. Obviously Sesshomaru wasn't used to trying to explain such matters regarding where babies came from. “..mate with you.”
“What's mating?”
“Ummmmm…”
“Is that how babies are made?”
“Yes…”
“Are you going to Kagome-chan?”
“…”
“Aww! You are going to do it with Kagome-chan!”
“Do what with me?” asked Kagome from behind. It looks like the girls are home.
“Daddy wants to ma-” Rin got cut off by a large hand that's owned by Sesshomaru.
“To go on that date with you. He hee.” said Sesshomaru. There was a brew of sweat forming on his forehead. Hopping Kagome would by that flimsy lie he told her. Kagome didn't but she would let it slip, for now.
“Well… that's good to hear. By the way lunch is ready.” Kagome said. She turned and started to walk back towards the house.
Sesshomaru sighed in relief. He turned back to Rin. Then to Kagome's retreating form.
Dreamily Sesshomaru said, “Yes, Rin. I want to mate with Kagome. But not now, I want to know her first and for her to accept me to be her mate.”
Rin nodded in understanding. They then both headed back into the house for lunch.