InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel ❯ Outfits ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inside Kagome's room that was going to be Sesshomaru's too they sit on Kagome's bed in an awkward silence. Kagome; not knowing how to bring up the conversation and Sesshomaru; who was in shock by everything but come on what man wouldn't be in shocked.
Kagome finally gave in knowing that she had to talk to Sesshomaru sooner or later and no matter how much Kagome wanted it to be later it had to be sooner. The sooner Sesshomaru knew the rules the easier it would be on him.
“Sesshomaru we need to talk about this.” Kagome started out say to Sesshomaru.
“Yes, we do.” Sesshomaru agreed with her. Kagome sighed and nodded.
“Sesshomaru do you have any questions on anything so far?” Kagome asked getting closer towards Sesshomaru to comfort him. Sesshomaru nodded that he has some or maybe a lot of questions to be asked.
“How do the ladies and lords judge me?” he asked.
“Well it like what the lords do in you world at least some of what I've had read. They will check you over; your looks, what you are like, you being submissive enough for their taste. Things like that, Sesshomaru. Though unlike your world the ladies and lords don't fight you for if you are good enough to face me and me accepting you is proof enough for them that you are relievable to protect yourself and our pups or children. Whatever you like to call them.” Kagome explained. Sesshomaru just stared out in space. Pups? There are so many questions he has on that subject.
“Kagome if I'm going to be the beta of this relationship how are we going to have pups? The girls in my world are the ones to do the birthing. So…” Sesshomaru left the sentence hanging as he looked at her. Kagome gave him a funny look.
“Well you are, silly. Didn't you know that already?” Kagome told him and she giggled cutely but stopped at the look of Sesshomaru's face; no he didn't. “Oh so you really didn't know, huh Sesshomaru?” Sesshomaru shook his head as a no to her question.
Kagome continued to look at Sesshomaru and judging the way he was acting he was taking it hard. She felt so sorry and yet worried for him. He is a proud demon always in control even when it got tough but now…
Kagome sighed, `But now almost every woman that feels attracted towards him could take advantage of him and he could do nothing to stop it, all because he loves me. Well as long as he wishes to stay beside me I'll try to give him as much freedom as I can here as well as give him the protection he needs.' Kagome vowed as she continued to watch Sesshomaru.
Kagome finally couldn't take it and she moved to hug him. Sesshomaru stiffened at first when he came out of his trance and relaxed when he saw it was Kagome. They sat there for awhile just enjoying each other's warmth and silence. Kagome could now smell what Sesshomaru really smelled like this close up; like a true and unpolluted rain forest, very refreshing and calm but there's a hint of wildness in it. It certainly did fit Sesshomaru's character. Kagome smiled at that, this is her Sesshomaru.
“Sesshomaru you know I love you right?” Kagome asked him. Sesshomaru nodded.
“I know and I love you too but it's a lot to take in at the moment.” Sesshomaru told her Kagome agreed with him.
“Yea, ok. Well I think that's enough for today. We should go to bed and tomorrow I'll take you for the tour of the castle if you'll like.” Kagome informed Sesshomaru.
“Yes I'll like that Kagome.” said Sesshomaru. Kagome got up and brought Sesshomaru with her in their hug.
“Good.” Kagome responded and they went to get changed into their night clothes. They both went to bed.
Sesshomaru had been lying on the bed for some time now but he couldn't sleep. Something about what Kagome's mother said kept him awake. Sesshomaru turned around in Kagome's embrace to face her. He look at Kagome and saw that her eyes were closed and thought Kagome was asleep so he stayed still as not wanting to wake her up. Though Sesshomaru was wrong Kagome was much more than awake and she wanted to know what was bothering her soon-to-be mate.
“Sesshomaru what's wrong?” Kagome asked opening her eyes. She was planning to go to sleep after Sesshomaru so she knew he was alright but he hasn't even closed his eyes yet let alone sleep.
“Kagome I thought you would be asleep by now.” He responded to her question completely ignoring it.
“Sesshomaru what's wrong?” Kagome repeated herself. Sesshomaru sighed and looked at Kagome.
“Your mother said that I'll have to learn how to act around the ladies and lord and it worries me that I won't be good enough. She said you'll have to teach me but teach me what? What do I have to learn?” Sesshomaru pleaded. Kagome looked at Sesshomaru with worry and sighed.
“It's ok Sesshomaru. It's easy; all you have to do is remember it. The rest is what you would do at your earth's ball. Don't worry, let me handle it. You don't have to be in control with this just follow me and you'll be ok, trust me.” Kagome pleaded with him. Sesshomaru nodded.
“Good, now go to sleep ok?” asked Kagome. He nodded again. Sesshomaru then thought about what she told him. Trust her; it was hard for his a person how he always was in control and never really relayed on anyone but the people that are very close to him and there were very few of them.
His beast keeps telling him that everything would be fine and not to worry and for once Sesshomaru was going to listen him. It took some time but Sesshomaru fell into a peaceful sleep and Kagome followed him. Did he really think Kagome was going to sleep after that, no she waited `til he fell asleep and then she followed him. Little did they now was that that's nights rest will probable be the last peaceful one they'll have in awhile to come.
000000000000000000000000
 
Sesshomaru sighed as he looked over the land that has presented itself towards him. Right know it was mid afternoon and Sesshomaru had nothing else to do but relax on Kagome's balcony. The land that Sesshomaru was over looking had a calming feeling and that alone was enough to keep his mind off of everything that has been happening lately. Which was surprised Sesshomaru since the 3 days were stressful. Kikyo and Inuyasha have not been getting along lately, Miroku almost getting killed for grabbing a female other than Sango, and the servants running around trying to get the castle ready for the other Ladies and Lords at the ball that would be here in half a week. Kagome had given them a tour just like she promised and it was amazing.
The tour was something that Sesshomaru and the others weren't expecting. Sesshomaru thought back were Kagome gave everyone that tour.
Kagome had showed Sesshomaru and everyone else the library, which contained many books. It was a large room, with books everywhere. There were stairs leading to the very top of the books. A small round table was placed in a corner to read and just to write or things like that. After that the library she showed them her mother's study, incase they ever needed something her mother would usually be found there. Kata had a desk with many papers, and books behind the desk she had plush pillows around the room and the carpet was soft.
Once they knew the entire castle, Kagome lead them to the place were she loved most...the garden.
Everyone was left breathless. The garden was beautiful. There were flowers of all types, roses, dandelions, daisies, petunias, and mixes of different kinds of flowers. It was breath taking; it also had a pond, with a small water fall. The water was crystal clear, and the grass was the greenest they have ever seen. It had a little bench, where you could watch the fish in the pond.
Sesshomaru sighed again as he thought about the ball which would lead to Kagome. It would seem that Sesshomaru sees less and less of Kagome each day after the tour so long ago. (Though it wasn't that long)
Kagome had to help the servants to get the castle ready for the ball, getting ready for the ball herself, and prepare to take him as her mate along with taking over her mothers' position as the Lady. Sesshomaru couldn't blame her for spending less and less time with him but that doesn't mean that he had stopped missing her.
Sesshomaru snapped out of his thoughts of Kagome when he heard a knock on their door. He walk back inside and went to the door, Sesshomaru opened it to discover Kagome's mother, Kata.
“Yes?” he said opening the door wider to see her properly.
“Come on dear. It's time to pick out your outfit for the ball.” she said. Sesshomaru nodded and walked out of the room.
“What kind of outfit am I getting? I mean is there a specific kind I need to wear?” asked Sesshomaru. Kata giggled at her son-in-law as they started to walk down the hallways.
“Now dear, just one that like really good on you.” Kata told him. Sesshomaru looked nervous. What if he had to wear a girl outwear? “Don't worry Sesshomaru. You may be the submissive in your relationship but you're still a man. Your outfit is all male, promise.” She promised him with a big smile on her face. Sesshomaru sighed with relief; no dresses. Then Sesshomaru thought about asking her if he could be the submissive in his and Kagome's relationship.
“Wait Lady Kata. I have a very important question to ask.” he asked with a very serious face and voice. They stopped half way to their destination. Kata pulled him aside next to the wall so that they would be out of the way if someone had to get by in a hurry.
“Oh dear please just call me mom, mama, mother. I am going to be your mother-in- law soon.” she said to Sesshomaru. He instantly felt awkward about calling Kagome's mother any of those names.
“I'll try…mother.” said Sesshomaru awkwardly. Kata nodded in understanding.
“That's ok dear. It would be getting some use to.” Kata reassured him. “Now what is your question?”
“I was wondering… what is like to be the submissive here?” Sesshomaru asked. What would she say? He hoped that she would say something.
“Why dear, why would you ask something like that? Most men here are treated very well here. Though there are some that abuses their powers but you don't have to worry about it. Kagome would never do such a thing.” she asked confusedly.
“I guess I'm just curious. I have never been in this kind of suggestion before.” Kata nodded. Yes she knew. Koga talked about that often. He was almost became the submissive once but it turn out ok when Koga amazingly defeated the female. He talked about how frightened he was because the female wasn't kind and was just after a powerful man. Before the fight the angel had treated him wrongly and being so young at the time he didn't tell anyone. So no one knew at the time what was wrong with their wolf friend. It wasn't until he defeated her did he tell Kata about it.
“What would happen if I was to lose to her badly? Would I still be her mate?” asked Sesshomaru. Kata looked at him with sad eyes.
“I'm sorry to say this Sesshomaru but that is Kagome's choice. We would have to see if you'll be strong enough to protect the pups that she or you would produce. If you are not as strong to her liking then she will reject you.” Kata explained her answer to Sesshomaru.
“But she loves me. She would never reject me.” Sesshomaru whispered.
“If she doesn't Sesshomaru then I'm afraid that I will.” Sesshomaru was to say the least shocked that Kata would say that. “Don't get me wrong Sesshomaru, I love you very much and am happy that Kagome found you but I will not but my daughter's pups in danger just because of a weak mate. I know that you are strong but are you strong enough? I will not have my daughter mate with a weak male. Do you understand?”
Sesshomaru nodded. “I understand. I will assure you that I'm not weak and I plan to protect any pups that she or I have with each other.” Kata nodded and they began to walk down the hallways once again.
“How is it going with Kagome teaching you about how to act around the Ladies and Lords?” she asked.
“Things are going well. Where is Kagome anyway? I have not seen her in awhile.” Sesshomaru asked.
“That's great and Kagome is off somewhere preparing for the two of you.” Kata answered him knowing that he has some questions to ask now.
“For us?” Sesshomaru questioned her.
“Yes, if you are in fact fit to be my daughter's mate, you guys are going to needed a place that is safe from danger from the outside world and a place for the mating to begin. This place will also be the place you would be staying afterwards.” Kata replied.
“The mating?” Sesshomaru said to Kata meaning more than just one question behind it. Kata seemed to have caught on to what Sesshomaru was asking and decided to answer all of his questions.
“You see Sesshomaru Kagome has to find a place that she sees fit enough that it would be safe for you and her in your weakened state during and after the mating. The mating itself will last up to two days to a week. Now I know that Kagome should tell you this but with everything going on right know I do believe that she won't get a chance to tell you.” Kata paused to catch her breath while Sesshomaru looked confused. “After the mating she or you Sesshomaru would most likely be with pup. Kagome needs a place to stay there to be safe for the both of you.”
“But Naraku…” Sesshomaru tried to make an excuse.
“No buts Sesshomaru. Naraku can wait, you however can not. Now that you are to be mated with Kagome, you are going to go into heat. This heat however is not like your pervious ones. These heats only come once a year and because of that if you miss yours you not only do you have to wait another year to be fully mated to Kagome but you deny Kagome in having you and a child.” Kata finished her speech. She thought she could have said it nicer but it was necessary. Sesshomaru's expression was unreadable at the moment but Kata knew he was troubled with this new information.
“How does Kagome know that I'm going into this new heat? I've not even received the spell or the battle that makes me the submissive yet. So how does she know?” He asked her.
“Sesshomaru it's different for each of us. But Kagome is getting ready for you so that means it's soon; most likely after the ball and your fight with Kagome too. Kagome was going to tell you this but because of everything I feared that she wouldn't be able to tell you until much later so I'm telling you now. I just wanted to give you a warning on what's to come of you and Kagome.”
“Thank you. I do not feel ill will of Kagome for not telling me this. I know that she has much to do in such little time.” Kata nodded glad that Sesshomaru was understanding about this. They walked a little a ways before they stopped at a door.
“Here we are.” Kata told him. The door opened without Kata having to knock and Sesshomaru saw the male servant who had opened the door.
“Come in my Lady and my Lord.” The servant said as he opened the door wider to let them pass through. As they walked in Kata gave a nod to the male servant in thanks and he shut the door behind Sesshomaru.
“So Sesshomaru which one do you want?” asked Kata. Sesshomaru looked over the room he was now in and saw that there were a lot of outfits for the type of ball he has to go to; most of them were blue and white, the family and house color.
“Mmm…” Sesshomaru went into a deep thought as he walks over to the different types of clothing. He stopped when an outfit caught his eye. It was perfect. It was for the most part like the kimono that he wears around his father's castle. This outfit though it was blue where the red should be, there was no armor of any kind like on his, and the slash was a violate blue instead of yellow. It was perfect, at least in Sesshomaru's eyes it was. He was hopping that Kagome would think so too.
“Do you want that one dear?” Kata asked Sesshomaru. He seemed to snap out of his thoughts and nodded to his new mother. “That's a good choice Sesshomaru. I know that Kagome would love to see you wear this. Alright then, Timon!” (Tea-moan) Kata called over one the servants. “The lord wants this one.” The servant nodded. With permission he got Sesshomaru's measurements and went to work making the replica of the outfit Sesshomaru had chosen. The outfit wouldn't be done `til tomorrow but that was fine with the both of them.
“Come on now Sesshomaru, it's time to go.” Sesshomaru nodded and they walked out of the door.