InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel ❯ Fighting for the right to mate ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It had been 5 days since Sesshomaru and the others came to Kagome's world. It had been nice and easy going so far. Miroku was still alive, Sango has yet to kill him, Inuyasha and Kikyo was quite for the most part, Shippo and Rin were playing every day nonstop, and Taisho and Izayoi were enjoying the peace and quite the castle had to offer. But that peace and quite ended today.
 
“Mother you are not serious? We can't do this now they just got here.” argued Kagome. She could not do this to them. Sesshomaru had just gotten here. There was no way that she could put him through this.
 
“You have to. It is the law Kagome. It is said-” Kagome cut her mother off.
 
“I know what the law says; that I have to over power my chosen before the ball. It's just…Sesshomaru and his family and friends just got here. What would I look like to them when I do this; fighting Sesshomaru? I don't want them to hate me.” said Kagome mostly to her self. She didn't want them to hate her for this stupid laws and rules but if Sesshomaru was to be hers she was going to have to do it.
 
“Kagome I know that this is hard for you but it's now or never and that is something I can not give for I am growing old and soon I will have to step down. It is your duty to carry out our family's line and continues our rain over this land.” Kata told her daughter. It pained her to have to force Kagome into this but what choice did she have. There is always a choice. thought Kata. But that doesn't mean they are good ones. Kata was snapped out of her thoughts when Kagome began to speak again.
 
“I will ask him Mother but I will not force him into it. If he does not wish to I will relieve him as my chosen. It is that plain and simple.” Kagome said with sadness in her eyes and voice. She would never doubt Sesshomaru's love for her but to have the fight of domination so soon. Kagome reasoned that no man would want that especially if there wasn't any time to train to have a chance. Too bad Kagome didn't know Sesshomaru better than she would have hoped.
 
Kagome walked down the halls of the castle thinking about how she was going to go about all of this. She had to think of a way to tell Sesshomaru but that was better said than done. Kagome sighed as she came up with nothing. How was she going to do this?
 
“How am I going to tell him?” Kagome thought out loud. She was so focused in trying to think of ways to tell Sesshomaru she didn't sense the person that had come up behind her.
 
“Tell who what?” asked the person. Kagome jumped and spun around quickly to attack the one behind her one she saw who it was.
 
“Sesshomaru…” Kagome said his name in a whisper. Sesshomaru looked at Kagome confused. Something was troubling her and he didn't know what. He had saw her wandering the halls in deep thought and was surprised that she didn't sense him when he had came up behind her. What ever it is it must be something very important.
 
“Tell whom what?” asked Sesshomaru again. Kagome's eyes looked everywhere but to his own and she remained silent. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes getting the feeling that what ever was on Kagome's mind was about him in some way. Finally he saw her sigh in defeat as she gave up her silent treatment.
 
“I need to tell…ask you something. Let's go somewhere more private.” told Kagome as she led him to some unknown place. It was a vacant room some doors down. Kagome closed the door and locked it. She remained facing the door's way and not Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru curiosity was getting the better of him by the second.
 
“What do you want to ask of me?” asked Sesshomaru wanting to know badly but hide it well as his face showed little emotion to Kagome.
 
“Mother is pressing me to do something I do not want to do as of yet.” Kagome told him as she continued to look towards the door. Sesshomaru nodded for her to continue though she did not see it. She did any way but not with out a sigh before she began to talk again. “She wants us to fight.” she said as she turned to face him now. Sesshomaru was taken back by the statement. Fight? Kagome's mother wants them to fight. For what? Sesshomaru decided to voice his thoughts.
 
“For what Kagome?” Sesshomaru asked her. Kagome looked at him with empty eyes.
 
“Have you forgotten already of where you are and who you are with?” asked Kagome. She saw him tense at her question. She now knew that he remembered.
 
“Already?” he asked. Kagome nodded. Sesshomaru set his sight towards the ground not looking at Kagome. Was he ready? He had not been able to train since he had arrived here and he had no knowledge of how powerful Kagome was. Then he thought back to his and Kata's talk two days ago.
 
“You don't have to do this. I know that this is sudden and I-” Kagome was cut off by Sesshomaru.
 
“I'll do it.” he said. Kagome's eyes widen in shock as she stared at him. He'd do it! Her eyes became normal as she continued to look at him. He looked so determined for them to work. Kagome gave him a small smile and ran up to him to hug him. He returned in and there they stayed for some time.
 
It was Kagome to break the moment between them as she knew that now that Sesshomaru accepted the fight it was time. It was time to fight him. Kagome knew that both of them would get hurt but to was bound to happen. It was better to do it now than rather later.
 
“Let's go Sesshomaru.” said Kagome. Sesshomaru nodded. Then they left the room.
 
00000000000000000
 
Kagome and Sesshomaru went into the dinning room ready to announce the agreement of the fighting and that it would be held today. They found everyone but Kagura in the dinning room like they were summoned there. Kagome looked around trying to find her mother. When she did Kagome grew angry. Her mother was leaning against the wall and had a smug look on her face like she knew that Sesshomaru would say yes to the fight. She was going to kill her mother!
 
“Kagome what is going on?” asked Taisho. Kata had some servants summon them here because of something important that Kagome and Sesshomaru were going to do. He watched Kagome as she became nervous for some reason.
 
Oh on! thought Kagome in her head. She didn't want to tell Taisho about her fighting Sesshomaru just yet. She didn't know how he was going to react to it. Was he going to be mad at her or happy now? Kagome did not know. She took a deep breath and step forward.
 
“I have challenged Sesshomaru to a fight for submission and domination. He had accepted it and we are to fight today.” Kagome said in a strong voice. It was important to show no weakness in fear that the parents of the chosen thought that the other was weak. She didn't want Taisho to think that. Kagome wanted Taisho to think that she was strong and able to protect his son was he needed it.
 
Taisho narrowed his eyes at Kagome and walked up to Sesshomaru. “Is this true?” he asked Sesshomaru.
 
“It is father.” Sesshomaru said with a nod of his head. Taisho looked back at Kagome who stood proud and tall. She was ready to take what ever Taisho was going to throw at her.
 
“Then I grant my blessings to both of you.” Taisho told them with a smile. Kagome stance faltered at the statement. She wasn't prepared for that. Kagome was sure that Taisho wasn't going to allow this fight to happen but then again this family and the people in it were full of surprise.
 
“Thank you.” said Kagome as she bowed to Taisho. He held up his hand to stop her and shook his head.
 
“No, none of that. Your family and I am happy that Sesshomaru found someone. Just don't beat him up too much.” told Taisho. Kagome came up from her bow and smiled.
 
“Don't worry. I won't hurt him too much.” Kagome said with a little giggle. The look on Sesshomaru's face was priceless!
 
“Alright then, I'll prepare a battle field for Kagome and Sesshomaru.” Everyone jumped at Kata's voice. They all had forgotten that she was there as well.
 
“Don't do that!” screamed Inuyasha clenching his heart; it was going a mile a minute.
 
“Some demon you are.” said Sango starting to laugh. Miroku started to laugh as well after hearing that.
 
“Ah, she's got you there Inuyasha.” he said while laughing. Kikyo started giggling as while.
 
“Not you too! I thought you were on my side.” yelled Inuyasha as Kikyo's eyes became filled with anger.
 
“I am not on your side, nor will I ever be!” she screamed back at him. Inuyasha was hurt at that statement. He knew that they were having a rough time but he thought that it would be over and done with, with time. Clearly it hadn't and now everyone was silent as they listened and watched that episode in front of them.
 
To some people's relief and other's disappointment Kikyo who saw that everyone got quite and was starting at her decided to leave. Everyone saw Inuyasha's dog ears drop from the sadness and the feel of rejection he felt from Kikyo.
 
“Excuse me.” Inuyasha said quietly as he walked out of the room. The remaining people in the dinning room stayed quite.
 
“I'll go check up on him.” Koga volunteered. Kata nodded showing that he may go as Izayoi looked at the door that her son disappeared behind in sadness. She didn't know what to do. It was one thing to heal a wound but to heal a broken heart was another matter.
 
“Don't worry, love. He'll be just fine.” said her mate that had come next to Izayoi to comfort her.
 
“I hope so Taisho, I hope so.” said Izayoi in a grief stricken voice. There was only so much a mother can do for her son. Taisho sensing her sadness pulled her into a hug. The silence broke when the room filled from a person clapping their hands. They turned to Kata; it was she who was clapping her hands to get their attention.
 
“I'm sorry but if Kagome and Sesshomaru are to fight they are going to have to do it today. For if it is any later Sesshomaru might not be ready for the ball that is going to be held here in a few short days.” Kata informed them. They in turn nodded in understanding. “I have to inform you no other then myself, Kagome, and Sesshomaru can go. I'm sorry but this is very dangerous and knowing you Taisho if were to seeing Sesshomaru getting hurt you might go into a blood rage. I will not be hold accountable if I have to strike you down. Any that interfere with this kind of battle will lose their life and forfeits the chosen's rights as male. I have seen this happen before I will not allow it to happen again. That is why I ask of you to stay here where it is both safe you and Sesshomaru.” Kata informed them. Everyone there was in an up roar about it but they gave in all the same.
 
“Let's go.” Kata told Kagome and Sesshomaru. Kata turned around to leave and Kagome with Sesshomaru went with her.
 
Good luck, my son. Taisho thought sending a silent pray to his son. At this moment, this battle, would decide if his son, Sesshomaru, would be able to mate with Kagome.